If Freeza destroyed Namek instantly...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Strife1
Beyond Newbie

If Freeza destroyed Namek instantly...

Post by Strife1 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:50 pm

and he was killed in the explosion along with Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, and Bulma? How woul the rest of the series play out besides being incredibly boring?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: If Freeza destroyed Namek instantly...

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Everyone would be dead. #17 and #18 would kill everyone on Earth then Cell would become Perfect. Cell would likely be weaker without Freeza's and King Cold's cells though.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

White Oni
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by White Oni » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Everyone would be dead. #17 and #18 would kill everyone on Earth then Cell would become Perfect. Cell would likely be weaker without Freeza's and King Cold's cells though.
I wonder if those cells were necessary for him to transform... If so, the concept of "semi perfect" and "perfect" cell could have never existed.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Cell being made from Saiyan cells would still strive for greatness, regardless of who was around. Remember he said in his Second Form after Goku picked up Tenshinhan and Piccolo that no one on Earth could beat him, but he still searched out for #18.

Anyway, I feel if Namek was destroyed immediately, Cell would be on the biggest rampage until Buu reawakens and kills him, if the Earth is still there anyway.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:19 pm

wait what who says that Freeza or goku would die in the planet exploding?

Goku and Freeza would be fine and then the fight would continue in space until goku needs air to breathe and then he will die(or maybe he beats Freeza first? *shrugs*)

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:48 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:wait what who says that Freeza or goku would die in the planet exploding?

Goku and Freeza would be fine and then the fight would continue in space until goku needs air to breathe and then he will die(or maybe he beats Freeza first? *shrugs*)
The scenario that the OP set up was what would happen if Freeza was taken out by the blast. He would have very likely survived the blast if he had destroyed Namek immediately, but it was still part of the "what if" aspect of the scenario described.

sekzee
Beyond Newbie

Post by sekzee » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Trunks never existed. The Androids thrive. Cell doesn't exist.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Cell would still exist, just he wouldn't have the repertoire and abilities that the actual Cell possessed. Gero had his supercomputer working on Cell for many years, and it had collected all its biological samples (save Freeza and Cold) from before the Freeza Saga's events.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:52 pm

I've said this before, but Dragon Ball needs to progress in the exact fashion that it does for plot to happen. You shift one piece on the board, everything after that falls apart and the world is doomed.

In-universe-ly, the biggest blow is without Piccolo Kami can't be around which means no Dragon Balls anywhere in the universe. Everyone dead stays dead, and things unfold pretty much as they do in Trunks' future - except there's not even a Trunks or Gohan around to offer any resistance.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:00 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Cell being made from Saiyan cells would still strive for greatness, regardless of who was around. Remember he said in his Second Form after Goku picked up Tenshinhan and Piccolo that no one on Earth could beat him, but he still searched out for #18.

Anyway, I feel if Namek was destroyed immediately, Cell would be on the biggest rampage until Buu reawakens and kills him, if the Earth is still there anyway.
Cell wouldn't be enough to awaken Buu. It took the combined energy of SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta (both stronger than SSJ2 Gohan was against Cell) to awaken Buu. A Cell without Freeza and Cold's cells would be a good deal weaker than he was compared to the Cell we get in the manga.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:21 pm

Beerus will likely travel to the Earth and look for the SSjG then finds out the form is nothing more then a legend. Cell would try to fight him and lose badly.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:11 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:I've said this before, but Dragon Ball needs to progress in the exact fashion that it does for plot to happen. You shift one piece on the board, everything after that falls apart and the world is doomed.

In-universe-ly, the biggest blow is without Piccolo Kami can't be around which means no Dragon Balls anywhere in the universe. Everyone dead stays dead, and things unfold pretty much as they do in Trunks' future - except there's not even a Trunks or Gohan around to offer any resistance.
I always liked that about DBZ. If you think about all the potential futures, the show could have been a lot darker and the characters were threading the needle at every turn.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:35 pm

How about if Freeza killed Goku but didn't escape Namek?

I wonder if Freeza would have enough energy to traverse through outa space without any help.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:46 pm

Just like every other what if

Everyone dies

Strife1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strife1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:35 am

Okay...Lets say Gohan and Piccolo escaped Namek, Goku killed Freeza there and Goku died in the explosion. The Namekians all stay dead.
Gohan and Piccolo are the only two fighters left alive. Trunks's timeline is the same as it normally is, but this one is all screwed up. What happens?

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:14 pm

The androids kill everyone.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Strife1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strife1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:40 pm

Why would Gero need to release the androids if Goku is dead.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:42 am

I forgot about that.

In that case, no Androids. Instead, Cell arrives eventually to find nobody to resist him. He absorbs his fill of townspeople until he's powered up, then who knows what happens. He kills everyone and uses the time machine to find another timeline, perhaps.

Or maybe he'd just go look for the deactived Androids in Gero's lab.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:51 am

Strife1 wrote:Why would Gero need to release the androids if Goku is dead.
He did in Future Trunks's timeline. Goku died of a heart-attack and the Cyborgs still attacked.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:26 am

Strife1 wrote:Why would Gero need to release the androids if Goku is dead.
Because he wants to conquer the world. In the future Goku was dead and the androids attacked anyway.