What if Goku had lost to Kid Buu

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kroni_Hunter
Regular

What if Goku had lost to Kid Buu

Post by Kroni_Hunter » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:56 pm

Would Kaioshin have sought out Beerus or Whis for help? Do you think Beerus was familiar with Kid Buu and what he was capable of? Also, why do you think Kaioshin didn't seek out their help sooner?
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What if Goku had lost to Kid Buu

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:39 am

Kroni_Hunter wrote:Would Kaioshin have sought out Beerus or Whis for help? Do you think Beerus was familiar with Kid Buu and what he was capable of? Also, why do you think Kaioshin didn't seek out their help sooner?

Of course, Beerus or Whis wouldn't have showed up. In the worst case the half-blooded fusion or the Mystic one, or both would have come and solve the problem. But I do think in any senario Goku and Vegeta to loose agaisnt Kid Buu they would have performed fusion and finish the fight or something. I do not see Kid Bu the strongest Buu ever.

Whis and Beerus did not exist then, that's simple.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:40 am

Why would the God of destruction oppose destruction?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:16 am

Gohan better wake up quick and stomp the little wad of bubblegum.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:20 am

rereboy wrote:Why would the God of destruction oppose destruction?

Because he did not exist then. But in the new canon(?) Beerus would have curb-stomped, if Buu challenged him.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:22 am

I think they would have used the fusion dance if the spirit bomb didn't work and if that also didn't work then nothing would have.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:39 am

rereboy wrote:Why would the God of destruction oppose destruction?
"I won't let anyone hurt you. Because it's my hobby."
But after such fight universe would be lucky if there were anything left to save.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:41 am

I still cannot understand why neither Beerus nor Whis knew about Boo.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:58 am

Doctor. wrote:I still cannot understand why neither Beerus nor Whis knew about Boo.
Maybe they weren't around when he was awake.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:17 am

sintzu wrote:
Doctor. wrote:I still cannot understand why neither Beerus nor Whis knew about Boo.
Or even if he was, perhaps all they ever knew Boo as was in his original 'kid' form, and thus didn't recognize Fat Boo in the movie.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:56 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Or even if he was, perhaps all they ever knew Boo as was in his original 'kid' form, and thus didn't recognize Fat Boo in the movie.
That would have been a hilarious interaction. "Buu! Lil' buddy! You put on weight!"
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:07 pm

Gohan, Gotenks and Gogeta would have beat the shit out of him in a single attack Toei OVA style.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Gohan, Gotenks and Gogeta would have beat the shit out of him in a single attack Toei OVA style.
Probably not, but it's fair to assume that both Gohan or Gotenks would be capable of defeating Buu. I guess the sense of peril is somewhat diminished when you consider that regardless of the outcome of Goku's fight, Buu's days were probably numbered anyway with stronger reinforcements ready to step into the breach.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:32 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
sintzu wrote:
He looks exactly the same but fatter, c'mon...

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Blade wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:Gohan, Gotenks and Gogeta would have beat the shit out of him in a single attack Toei OVA style.
Probably not, but it's fair to assume that both Gohan or Gotenks would be capable of defeating Buu. I guess the sense of peril is somewhat diminished when you consider that regardless of the outcome of Goku's fight, Buu's days were probably numbered anyway with stronger reinforcements ready to step into the breach.
Maybe Gotenks might dick around too much, but still both Gohan and Gotenks took on Super Boo who was well above Kid Boo. So they should be able to put down Kid Boo no problem.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:58 pm

They can sense his ki, If they can't recognise Majin Buu from kid Buu. Anime Kid Buu has greater PL than any form of Buu right? Including Buuhan.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:02 pm

I'm still under the assumption that if Goku had lost the universe would be doomed. If Gohan or Gotenks were really able to take him down easily the moment wouldn't have that high tension atmosphere. Vegeta seemed to think ahead of Goku when he came up with the Genkidama's idea.

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Interesting. I guess if Buu kept destroying stuff left and right it would eventually get Beerus and Whis's attention maybe especially if the supreme kai's told him about it. Wasn't Frieza annoying to Beerus? He said something like he would have killed him himself or something like that..

But yeah maybe Beerus would take care of him cause he's out there doing 'his' job. Or maybe he'll be happy someones destroying stuff for him and sleep more. :D

If Buu we're able to get to Beerus himself that would be interesting too.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:14 pm

Pure Boo destroys the whole North Galaxy then Beerus steps in and kicks his hubba bubba ass.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:58 am

Hugo Boss wrote:I'm still under the assumption that if Goku had lost the universe would be doomed. If Gohan or Gotenks were really able to take him down easily the moment wouldn't have that high tension atmosphere. Vegeta seemed to think ahead of Goku when he came up with the Genkidama's idea.
I think the only worry was that they could get absorbed. If Gohan or Gotenks got absorbed, then they'd be in a lot more trouble. Otherwise Gohan could solo Kid Boo effortlessly as he stomps Super Boo effortlessly, and Gotenks may or may not win if he dicks around too much.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!