If Lunch was still around, what would you have her do?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

If Lunch was still around, what would you have her do?

Post by Angelus » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:25 pm

You're AT. You didn't forget Launch in Z. What role will she have? Where would she stay? Would you have her and Tien marry? Or find a cure to her sneezing problems? Or what?

Zephyr
I Live Here

Re: If Launch was still around, what would you have her do?

Post by Zephyr » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:03 pm

I'd have her find her way back to Kame House by the end of the Saiyan arc.

That way during the Namek filler, we can have her and Chichi angrily bouncing off of each other.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:47 pm

I'd have her continue to bother Tenshinhan while he's training during the other Sagas. :lol:
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:19 pm

Well, besides that one idea I've seen where she is repurposed to be 17 or 18? Not sure, maybe live at Karin's tower with Yajirobe? Then she and him can take turns bringing senzu to the group?

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:55 pm

I'd have Vegeta assume that she's some missing Super Saiyan link and have her mother Trunks. :D
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:43 pm

Angelus wrote:You're AT. You didn't forget Launch in Z. What role will she have? Where would she stay? Would you have her and Tenshinhan marry? Or find a cure to her sneezing problems? Or what?
I do the same thing, since Toriyama didn't forget about her.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:10 pm

I would have her finally arrested for all the crimes she has committed. Seriously, she is a violent criminal who has probably killed a few regular people considering she shot at the superhuman characters without remorse. The only reason she gets away with this is because bullets don't harm them. I'm sure if Kuririn couldn't tank bullets then Goku would have gut punched straight through her like with what he did to Piccolo Daimao.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:18 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Angelus wrote:You're AT. You didn't forget Launch in Z. What role will she have? Where would she stay? Would you have her and Tenshinhan marry? Or find a cure to her sneezing problems? Or what?
He admitted in interview he did.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:49 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Link to interview please?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:05 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Proof?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Cabel

Post by Cabel » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:11 am

Bring her along to Namek. Sending a violent thief to a world of peaceful people with little worth stealing and her dealing with that. Gives Bulma someone to play off of when they get ditched. Maybe her violent nature catches the attention of some low level Freeza soldiers and she manages to infiltrate them.

She hijacks the time machine and turns the future into her own personal Mad Max movie.

Buu absorbs her and her sneezing, causing him to switch between super Buu and fat Buu.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:34 am

Re: this and the PM I received...

There is no interview stating what you think has been stated. It's one of those "I think I read it..." turned into "I definitely read it!" combined with observations about the series itself.

Once we wrap up some other projects, this is one of the big "Rumor Guide" entries I have planned.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:48 am

VegettoEX wrote:Re: this and the PM I received...

There is no interview stating what you think has been stated. It's one of those "I think I read it..." turned into "I definitely read it!" combined with observations about the series itself.

Once we wrap up some other projects, this is one of the big "Rumor Guide" entries I have planned.
Well, there was no source material of Toriyama admitting he forgot Launch. Darn I was so sure I read it somewhere official.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:30 am

Really? I thought that was the reason Android 17 said something along the lines of "I haven't heard that voice in a while" during the Buu saga when Goku needed energy for the spirit bomb. That line was supposed to be for Launch but was instead used for 17, which didn't make sense because 17 never met Goku, let alone heard him... unless 17 was conscious the entire time inside Cell or had recordings data of Goku's voice programmed into him.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:48 am

That said, I have found interviews and can provide source where he admitted to forgetting characters and things, though not Launch specifically. make of that what you will.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:52 am

Angelus wrote:Really? I thought that was the reason Android 17 said something along the lines of "I haven't heard that voice in a while" during the Buu saga when Goku needed energy for the spirit bomb. That line was supposed to be for Launch but was instead used for 17, which didn't make sense because 17 never met Goku, let alone heard him... unless 17 was conscious the entire time inside Cell or had recordings data of Goku's voice programmed into him.
All of that is accurate, but none of that is any support at all for "he forgot Lunch"... in fact, it's the opposite, seeing as how he was planning to include her (if he was planning to include her, that inherently means he hadn't forgotten about her).

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, which is possible!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:09 pm

Oh... Yeah that could mean he remembered her for the spirit bomb scene but forgot about it and had 17 do it instead. Or he just forgotten at the start of Z and remembered during the buu saga?

He just seems like a forgetful author lol

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:41 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Re: this and the PM I received...

Well, there was no source material of Toriyama admitting he forgot Launch. Darn I was so sure I read it somewhere official.
I really thought I had read that somewhere official as well. That's strange.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:14 am

Angelus wrote:Oh... Yeah that could mean he remembered her for the spirit bomb scene but forgot about it and had 17 do it instead. Or he just forgotten at the start of Z and remembered during the buu saga?

He just seems like a forgetful author lol
He mentioned her in-story in the Saiyan arc, and brought her up in Weekly Jump during the Freeza arc. So with his plans for her in the Boo arc, we know he remembered her for at least 3 of the 4 "Z" arcs.

Toriyama forgetting her is purely a fan invention.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

sour_eraser

Post by sour_eraser » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:00 am

Well I'm not sure if this counts as proof but in this video starting at 4:36, Chris Sabat said he met Akira Toriyama and during the interview someone had asked Toriyama "What happened to Launch" and well his answer was "I'm sorry I just forgot"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B4pP-Aw8LA