Could Cell Games/EoZ Krillin handle 3rd form Frieza?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Could Cell Games/EoZ Krillin handle 3rd form Frieza?

Post by Angelus » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:25 am

Not necessarily kill but at least stand a chance against.

Which Krillin? Whichever you think is Krillin's most powerful peak. Whether that be in the Cell Saga, or the Babidi Saga or the End of Z. In my opinion, his peak was at the Cell Games because before that he actually trained for 3 years in preparation for the Androids. Meanwhile, he slacked off for 7 years during the Babidi Saga and got old in the End of Z.

Please specify which time of Krillin you're referring to and to which forms of Frieza he would be able to handle if 3rd form Frieza is too much.
Last edited by Angelus on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Which forms of Freeza would Krillin be able to handle?

Post by rereboy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:29 am

Krillin in the Cell saga might be able to fight second form Freeza. That's it. That was his peak.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:45 am

What the heck... that would mean Krillin's peak power level would only be 1 million.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:41 am

Angelus wrote:What the heck... that would mean Krillin's peak power level would only be 1 million.
So? Krillin was trash to Reccome AFTER he had his power unleashed and unlike Gohan he doesn't get Zenkais. And Reccome only had a power level of about 40.000 or 50.000.

Even if you somehow believe that his unlocked potential was still coming out and he was stronger by the time he was facing Freeza, even a power level of 100.000 for him is a stretch because it would mean that he had more than doubled the power he had against Reccome without training and without Zenkais.

And then, during the three years of training, if he managed to achieve a power of a little over a million and if you assume that he had 100.000 against Freeza, that means that he would have been able to multiply his power by 10 just by training on Earth without apparently even sparing with people much stronger than him, like Goku or Piccolo, which is another stretch.

So, assuming that he could fight second form Freeza is already being pretty generous to him.

Also, you really shouldn't change the title of the topic after replies have been made. Its kind of misleading.

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Could Cell Games/EoZ Krillin handle 3rd form Freeza?

Post by Doctor. » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:49 am

Even though the Cell Jrs were trying not to kill them until Cell gave the order, I still see Kuririn not being knocked out or killed as a great achievement. Tenshinhan's Kikoho managed to push down 2nd form Cell and even though it's a Kiai technique, the Kiai has a limit, Kaioshin's Kiai barely worked against Boo. By association, I highly doubt Tenshinhan's Shin Kikoho would work if he was weaker than 3rd form Freeza. Seeing as how I consider Kuririn superior in the Cell Games, I think he could manage to defeat him. Quite easily, too. Any version post Cell Games training, basically.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:56 am

Doctor. wrote:Even though the Cell Jrs were trying not to kill them until Cell gave the order, I still see Kuririn not being knocked out or killed as a great achievement.
If that was true, then Mr. Satan surviving and not passing out after receiving Cell's attack would also be a great achievement. But it isn't because Cell refrained himself. Its the same for Cell jrs.

I don't see how we can draw conclusions about Krillin's power just because he did something that Mr. Satan also did in basically the same conditions.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:13 am

True. Those bank robbers that SSJ Gohan beat up in the start of Buu would also be quite powerful to be able to take hits from a SSJ and survive. But those are just regular bank robbers. SSJ Gohan was holding back a lot, but we don't know exactly how much... just that it was a lot. Gohan was basically restraining so much power as a SSJ that even his base form holding back would be able to pull it off.
Last edited by Angelus on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:23 am

rereboy wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Even though the Cell Jrs were trying not to kill them until Cell gave the order, I still see Kuririn not being knocked out or killed as a great achievement.
If that was true, then Mr. Satan surviving and not passing out after receiving Cell's attack would also be a great achievement. But it isn't because Cell refrained himself. Its the same for Cell jrs.

I don't see how we can draw conclusions about Krillin's power just because he did something that Mr. Satan also did in basically the same conditions.
There's a massive difference: Mr. Satan's was a gag scene.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:27 am

I don't have a strict opinion on this one, but given how in filler Tenshinhan beat both Jeice and Burter combined and Kuririn is implied to be stronger than that, maybe in his Saiyan armor's figure he could take Ginyu, but none of Freeza's forms.

Then, you give him 3 years to improve his techniques and he would just serve for Gero to get a decent power-up. Gero himself seems to be above 3 million and probably would consider someone in the millions' house a good addition.

Android Arc Tenshinhan alone, I think he can easily beat Piccolo (merged with Nail) and possibly have a chance of defeating 3rd form Freeza. If Kuririn is better than that I think he can easily handle 3rd form Freeza and possibly be a good match for post-zenkai Vegeta.

Buu Arc Kuririn could be stronger due to his preparation to the Budokai, maybe he could handle Goten or Trunks (without SS), but still consider them trouble.
Last edited by Hugo Boss on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:
There's a massive difference: Mr. Satan's was a gag scene.
What was gag about it was him being launched into the sky and hitting that boulder. Everything else in non-gag. That's means that if Toriyama made that scene with no gag elements, Cell would hit Mr. Satan and he would be thrown from the ring with the force of the impact, but he wouldn't die because Cell was refraining himself. Just like Krillin is hit hard by the Cell Jr but doesn't die because he his refraining himself. As such, them surviving and not passing out is perfectly comparable.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:I don't have a strict opinion on this one, but given how in filler Tenshinhan beat both Jeice and Burter combined and Kuririn is implied to be stronger than that, maybe in his Saiyan armor's figure he could take Ginyu, but none of Freeza's forms.
There is literally no way for Tenshinhan to have actually grown strong enough to be able to handle them in that short period of time. It took Goku approximately six months to go from the low 400's to over 8,000 during his training on Kaiou's planet, with "X" amount of that time being used to teach him the Kaiou-ken and Genki Dama. Tenshinhan, Yamcha, and Chaozu had only been on Kaiou's planet for a week by the time of the filler story of the Tokusentai arriving. Even though they were stronger than him before they started, there's still no way for Tenshinhan and the others to progress that much in the span of a week, especially when it took Goku undergoing even more intense gravity training AND self-inflicted zenkais to bump himself up from somewhere over 8,000 to 90,000 in that same span of time.

Personally speaking, I think Tenshinhan was, at best, around 50-60,000 by the time he left Kaiou's planet, not essentially a week into his training on the planet.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Maybe training with partners give you more explosive results than training alone? Not to mention Goku could have expended a lot of time mastering kaioken and genkidama. I just justified my opinion based on anime, the manga doesn't imply anything in this subject.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Krillin sounds like he still train since he has been living with #18 after the Cell saga. I think he would be barely beat Freeza's third form but he is still not even close to SSj level.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Maybe training with partners give you more explosive results than training alone? Not to mention Goku could have expended a lot of time mastering kaioken and genkidama. I just justified my opinion based on anime, the manga doesn't imply anything in this subject.
Even with training with the others, that's still a rather huge leap, especially in comparison to the gains Goku got from his training for Namek. His increase was only a bit over 10x what it was before the training, and that was with gravity levels reaching to 100x Earth's by the end, as well as a number of self-inflicted zenkais. I can't imagine that training with other people would net results far superior to that (Tenshinhan would had to have increased his strength by 50x or more) in the span of the same period of time.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:45 am

Still you didn't consider the gains Goku had in ki control, like being able to withstand kaioken x10 and his potential x50 as a Super Saiyan. Even during his training with Kaio, Goku was able to go from barely over 1,000 to mastering 16,000 and pushing himself to 32,000.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:04 am

I don't think his potential unlock boosted him over 100,000, and I don't think he gained any strength by training later, so he would be destroyed by 1st form Freeza and probably Ginyu.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:11 pm

hleV wrote:I don't think his potential unlock boosted him over 100,000, and I don't think he gained any strength by training later, so he would be destroyed by 1st form Freeza and probably Ginyu.
How'd he be in any way relevant against first form Freeza then, like Vegeta said?

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:03 pm

singsing wrote:
hleV wrote:I don't think his potential unlock boosted him over 100,000, and I don't think he gained any strength by training later, so he would be destroyed by 1st form Freeza and probably Ginyu.
How'd he be in any way relevant against first form Freeza then, like Vegeta said?
He'd been relevant against much stronger opponents until then (even against Vegeta back on Earth, remember? He was less than 2,000 and Vegeta was 18,000, yet Kuririn was still of use), why stop with Freeza?

Mattias_
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mattias_ » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:49 pm

No!!!

Kuririn クリリン: 12,000 at the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai. (weaker than Kiwi)

Freezer フリーザ: 1,590,000 (Third form)

So, I hope help you.
POWER LEVELS: (Updated / Restored / Leveled / No multiplier nor daizenshuu wrong info)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14197&p=1519362#p1519362 Check it out if you want some information.

POWER LEVELS:

Jaco the Patrolman vol. I - XI
Dragon Ball Minus
Dragon Ball vol. I - XLII
Dragon Ball Super manga cap. 1 - ???

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:14 pm

Mattias_ wrote:No!!!

Kuririn クリリン: 12,000 at the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai. (weaker than Kiwi)

Freezer フリーザ: 1,590,000 (Third form)

So, I hope help you.
Those numbers don't have any legitimate source to them though. While I personally don't believe that he ever became strong enough to take out Freeza's 3rd form, Kuririn's strength was far, far higher than 12,000 by the end of Z. It was over 10,000 when he and Gohan were fighting Gurd, and it was stated to be continually going up. Even taking the seven years of peace between the Cell and Buu sagas into account, there's no reason to assume that it dropped back down that much.