Can the Room of Spirit and Time be planet busted?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Can the Room of Spirit and Time be planet busted?

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:34 pm

Imagine if, when Gotenks and Buu fought in the Room of Spirit and Time, Buu shot a planet buster at the ground. What would happen?

Is it connected to the earth? Would the earth get destroyed? Or does it just go on forever, and nothing would hapen?
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Re: Can the Room of Spirit and Time be planet busted?

Post by CashmanX » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Isn't the Room of Spirit and Time in a completely different dimension that just goes on forever?
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:42 pm

CashmanX wrote:Isn't the Room of Spirit and Time in a completely different dimension that just goes on forever?
Mmmhmmm. Just like Penguin Village, ROSAT's dimension cannot be breached by outside forces.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:45 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
CashmanX wrote:Isn't the Room of Spirit and Time in a completely different dimension that just goes on forever?
Mmmhmmm. Just like Penguin Village, ROSAT's dimension cannot be breached by outside forces.
Yeah, but is the RoSaT itself some infinitely deep terrain? Can it not be destroyed from the inside with a Death Ball or something like that?

Also I'm not sure if this is anime only, but when Piccolo destroys the door, they feel the impact on the other side.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:53 pm

In the Viz translation Goku says the RoSaT is supposed to be as big as Earth. Not that it goes on forever.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:07 pm

I doubt you'd be able to do much to it beyond destroying the door (like Piccolo did) and then blowing up the other "building-like" structures around there (the storage area for food and such.)

The rest of the room is just vague white emptiness with weird properties, so unless your blast is powerful enough to tear through the barriers separating it from Earth (if a regular blast can even do that... it's not really clear exactly how or why Buu and then Gotenks were able to bust through just by powering up and screaming, so it's possible that regular explodey/cutting/etc. types of attacks just don't work for that sort of thing) you probably won't accomplish much by firing planet-destroying blasts off inside it.

If someone's not durable enough to handle a planet-sized blast going off right in their face, it probably wouldn't be smart for them to try this. XD

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Pantalones wrote:it's not really clear exactly how or why Buu and then Gotenks were able to bust through just by powering up and screaming
It would appear that the RoSaT dimension and the mainstream universe occupy the same physical space, but are separated by differing vibrational frequencies. By powering up and screaming very loudly, Super Buu and SSJ3 Gotenks were evidently able to generate a harmonic chord that was sufficient to create a temporary bridge between dimensions.

...Or so it would seem. :)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:07 am

ROSAT is a dimension, not a planet. I doubt someone like Kid Buu can blow up like he did with the Earth.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:36 am

Room of Spirit and Time
Area: B-1
Special Characteristics: A mysterious room on the lowermost level of Kami-sama’s temple. Inside is a white space as wide as the Earth, with nothing except a building used to enter and exit. The room temperature changes very rapidly and it is unsuitable for daily living. Its greatest peculiarity is that the flow of time is different here. A year here is a single day on Earth. It is a room that certainly seems to say “Train!”
Battles: Gotenks vs. Majin Buu (evil)
Events: Goku and the others trained here for the battle with Cell. Also, Piccolo lured Majin Buu here and had him fight Gotenks. (Daizenshuu 4, p.81)
Anime: The Room of Time and Spirit is also equipped with a shower room. It has a shower curtain as well.
Well going by this I'd say no. It may have limits, but there's nothing to really bust besides the gateway.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ImmaDeker
Banned

Post by ImmaDeker » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:56 am

Just ask if it can be destroyed.

Oh my fucking God.

freezamite
Banned

Post by freezamite » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:11 am

The objects on it could be destroyed, but the room itself was in fact a different dimention. The only thing that made it a room was the fact that you enter it through a door, but it wasn't our dimension and the only way to get out is by having enough power to travel between dimensions (SSJ3 level of power that is). Could it be destroyed? Well, it could be destroyed in the same sense any other dimension could be destroyed but we've never seen anyone capable of that in DB!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:36 am

ImmaDeker wrote:Just ask if it can be destroyed.

Oh my fucking God.
"Destroyed" is so passé. Get with the times.
How many planets could a planet buster bust if a planet buster could bust planets?

I'm just curious about when the "busting" terminology comes into play. You see it for the high end stuff, like galaxy and solar system busting, which makes no sense anyway since those aren't solid masses, and for smaller stuff like planets and cities and islands. Where do you draw the line?

Obviously, Hannibal Lecter is a people buster. I suppose Jack Black's character from Anchorman could be a Puppy Buster, but Baxter lives, so it's not confirmed. Power scaling would imply that Hulk Hogan could definitely be a puppy buster, but that leads to speculation, which I don't like for my busting feats.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:10 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: I'm just curious about when the "busting" terminology comes into play. You see it for the high end stuff, like galaxy and solar system busting, which makes no sense anyway since those aren't solid masses, and for smaller stuff like planets and cities and islands. Where do you draw the line?
It comes from the OBD and places like that where people would argue about which fictional character could beat which other fictional character, and since the physics in all these different universes are dependent on the authors, for a common method of comparison real world physics would be assumed, and characters would be ranked similarly if they could blow up similar levels of stuff, whether directly in a feat, or because they energy value of whatever they did was calced to be that high. Yeah.

IIRC it went up to multiverse busting (character stated to destroy multiple universes), and down to wall busting (characters who could knock down the wall of a house but not take it down in one go).

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Regarder wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote: I'm just curious about when the "busting" terminology comes into play. You see it for the high end stuff, like galaxy and solar system busting, which makes no sense anyway since those aren't solid masses, and for smaller stuff like planets and cities and islands. Where do you draw the line?
It comes from the OBD and places like that where people would argue about which fictional character could beat which other fictional character, and since the physics in all these different universes are dependent on the authors, for a common method of comparison real world physics would be assumed, and characters would be ranked similarly if they could blow up similar levels of stuff, whether directly in a feat, or because they energy value of whatever they did was calced to be that high. Yeah.

IIRC it went up to multiverse busting (character stated to destroy multiple universes), and down to wall busting (characters who could knock down the wall of a house but not take it down in one go).
I'm an excellent sandcastle buster myself, as many small children could have attested to back in the late 90's.
I suppose that "destroy" just doesn't cut it for people nowadays.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:01 pm

IIRC either Goku (or Piccolo vaguely remember ) stated it goes on forever.
Besides if it was big as a planet, what would happen if they flew upwards. And what is the ground made off? Honestly It makes more sense if it was a magical endless dimension.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I'm an excellent sandcastle buster myself, as many small children could have attested to back in the late 90's.
I suppose that "destroy" just doesn't cut it for people nowadays.
YOU MONSTER! That was you who wrecked my sand castle as a kid :cry: .
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:28 pm

The ROSAT is a separate, endless dimension. It can't be destroyed.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:The ROSAT is a separate, endless dimension. It can't be destroyed.
In the anime, it can.
Obviously, Hannibal Lecter is a people buster. I suppose Jack Black's character from Anchorman could be a Puppy Buster, but Baxter lives, so it's not confirmed. Power scaling would imply that Hulk Hogan could definitely be a puppy buster, but that leads to speculation, which I don't like for my busting feats.
:lol:
Bullshit. Jack Black is below Puppy Busting level, he's a Hamster Buster at best. Hannibal Lecture could go as far as Large Man Buster, but that's about it. Hogan is a confirmed Large Man Buster via feats.

Anyway, I think it's called 'busting' to make a distinction between various levels of "destroy". Technically the impact that wiped out the dinosaurs was a planet level event, but it wasn't a planet buster. It did no damage to the planet itself, just wiped out most of the Earth's life. See also the Hiroshima bomb, which killed around 80,000 people and effectively 'destroyed' the city, but didn't actually do much physical damage to the buildings and such. Most of the damage came from the radiation and knock-on effects. At 14 kilotons, the explosion itself was a relatively piddly thing. "Relatively" being the key word here.

Kinda disappointed there's no such rank as "tank buster", though. Or bunker buster.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:34 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:The ROSAT is a separate, endless dimension. It can't be destroyed.
In the anime, it can.
Where in the anime does it suggest that?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:14 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
In the anime, it can.
Where in the anime does it suggest that?
Super Buu was stated to be capable of destroying the universe by breaking dimensional walls with his Vice Scream during the Vegetto fight.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.