Potara question

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Potara question

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:13 am

So Elder Kaioshin said that if you are a Super Saiyan when using the potara, you'll be stuck that way forever, correct? So hypothetical situation; what if Vegeta was an Ozaru, and Goku was in his normal state, and they merged. Would Vegetto be stuck in a half base/Ozaru state forever? What if Vegeta was a great ape and Goku was a super saiyan 3? Would you get some weird overpowered SSJ3 Ozaru mix?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Potara question

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:49 am

Pretty much that would be the case. Chances are that Oozaru Vegeta and Goku fusing together would have produced Vegetto looking like a Super Saiyan 4, with all the chest hair, tail etc. What the Potara fusion produced depends is not only just on the power of the two combatants but what their appearances are as well. Old Kai fusing with that Old Witch is proof of that.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:03 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Pretty much that would be the case. Chances are that Oozaru Vegeta and Goku fusing together would have produced Vegetto looking like a Super Saiyan 4, with all the chest hair, tail etc.
Honestly, I think it would have been better if the design used for SS4 had come about some way similar to this instead of being SS4. I don't like the fact that it's especially associated with the Golden Oozaru, because it means that no one can control and fight as a Golden Oozaru as Vegeta did for base Oozaru; you always turn into SS4 when you gain consciousness. The design even looks like a halfway house between normal form and Oozaru in general. Just go from the sketch Toriyama made and maybe it can have brown fur instead of the bright red when it's colored.

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:14 am

It probably would look something like this + earrings:

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:33 am

Who's that character in the pic?

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:00 am

Angelus wrote:Who's that character in the pic?
During the episode in the Buu Saga where Goku transforms into a Super Saiya-jin 3 for the first time, there's a scene right before he completes the transformation that shows him as an Oozaru before reverting to his normal form, and then down into a child. That image is a capture of him transitioning from his Oozaru form to normal.

Here's the scene. The footage is just flipped so as to avoid Youtube's automated copyright protection system.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Wow I never noticed that. :shock:

It's scenes like these that make some people wonder if it was a 10x boost like when Goku punched through King Piccolo and there was an Oozaru of himself in the background.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:28 am

Angelus wrote:Wow I never noticed that. :shock:

It's scenes like these that make some people wonder if it was a 10x boost like when Goku punched through King Piccolo and there was an Oozaru of himself in the background.
A lot of things like that are just there for dramatic purposes and aren't meant to be a literal indication of strength. It's no different than Goku seemingly contributing to the Kamehameha when Gohan was having his final duel against Cell. We clearly know he wasn't, and that all the ki being pumped into the Kamehameha was from Gohan, but looking at the one scene/panel by itself could easily lead some people to think that Goku was somehow directly contributing to it.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:31 am

You know...

I actually thought Goku did, when I was younger. :shh: