Base Vegetto placement

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Regarder
Regular

Re: Base Vegetto placement

Post by Regarder » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Also, Goten and Trunks aren't many times weaker than the adults based off feats and IIRC databook. They are weaker for sure, but SS3 Gogeta shouldn't be vastly stronger than SS3 Gotenks. Whereas Vegetto really is based off his performance against Gohan-Buu, and even as just a SS.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:03 pm

I usually go with something like:

SSj Vegetto - 5,500
base Vegetto - 110
Gohan-Boo - 100
SSj3 Gogeta - 50

Boo was assuming Son and Vegeta were going to fuse into Gogeta and had no problems with this development, but wet his pants upon sensing base Vegetto's Ki, which implies base Vegetto >>> SSj3 Gogeta and possibly > Gohan-Boo.

SSj Vegetto was able to survive Boo's plot haxed candy beam which is an insane gap. He could be a billion times stronger than Gohan-Boo for all anyone knows.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:05 pm

CatouttaHell wrote: SSj Vegetto was able to survive Boo's plot haxed candy beam which is an insane gap. He could be a billion times stronger than Gohan-Boo for all anyone knows.
I wasn't aware there was a numerical formula to determine plot hax.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:41 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:According to what?
According to the only reason it wasn't Gogeta is Toriyama inventing something new so as to not step on Toei's toes, and Toriyama doesn't care about your powuh lebels.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Which doesn't have to mean they're exactly equal. Vegetto was overkill, so Gogeta could easily be far less overkill and still do what Toriyama wants.

He planned to use Gogeta before he outright said Potara was stronger. To think they're exactly equal given that is asinine.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Vegetto didn't need SS and it is made obvious later in the fight that he did not transform because he needed to (because he was surprised with how easily he handled Boo, meaning he didn't fully know his true power) and the reason he didn't power down is because it was pointless - any form of Vegetto is overkill for anyone, ever. SS looks cooler to the audience, too.
Last edited by hleV on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:21 pm

There's absolutely no proof that he didn't need Super Saiyan at all.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Saiga wrote:There's absolutely no proof that he didn't need Super Saiyan at all.
There is absolutely no proof that he needed SS at all, in fact, SEG suggests otherwise by comparing him to Goku x Vegeta in BP. I'd only place Vegetto as possibly below Boo if SEG didn't exist. Or was anime-based, for that matter.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Gohan-Boo flat-out stated a hypothetical Gogeta would be no match for him.

Chapter: 503 (DBZ 309), P9.2
Context: as Goku heads to Vegeta with the Potara
Boo: “Now there’s another human with great power! But naturally he’s no match for me, even if they merged!”

And Son stated that there's no way for him and Vegeta to defeat Boo without using the Potara.

Chapter: 503 (DBZ 309), P8.8
Context: Goku tries to get Vegeta to use the Potara with him, but Vegeta refuses
Goku: “Knowing you, I thought you might say that…! There ain’t any other way to beat Majin Boo!”

SSj/base Vegetto >>> SSj3 Gogeta
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:57 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:Gohan-Boo flat-out stated a hypothetical Gogeta would be no match for him.

Chapter: 503 (DBZ 309), P9.2
Context: as Goku heads to Vegeta with the Potara
Boo: “Now there’s another human with great power! But naturally he’s no match for me, even if they merged!”

And Son stated that there's no way for him and Vegeta to defeat Boo without using the Potara.

Chapter: 503 (DBZ 309), P8.8
Context: Goku tries to get Vegeta to use the Potara with him, but Vegeta refuses
Goku: “Knowing you, I thought you might say that…! There ain’t any other way to beat Majin Boo!”

SSj/base Vegetto >>> SSj3 Gogeta
Here's a whole argument I set up for people who still believe Gogeta = or ~ Vegetto

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SFu ... uxDsYs/pub

also, you stop going on neoseeker now?

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:12 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Here's a whole argument I set up for people who still believe Gogeta = or ~ Vegetto

also, you stop going on neoseeker now?
I only skimmed so far but that seems like a solid argument. I didn't know the Daizenshuu stated that Potara > Fusion is strength. I guess that throws out the logic that the manga somehow didn't mean Potara was stronger than Fusion when it said the effect is greater.

I got banned from Neo for a month so I'm polluting other forums with my presence for now haha.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:16 pm

CatouttaHell wrote: But naturally he’s no match for me, even if they merged!”
He also said Vegetto would never- then Vegetto broke his nose.
Because he didn't know Vegeta knew the Dance, and there was no time to teach him.

And Elder Kai says Vegetto's might is because of Goku and Vegeta, not the Potara itself.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Rocketman wrote: And Elder Kai says Vegetto's might is because of Goku and Vegeta, not the Potara itself.
He actually said that Goku and Vegeta is one of the reasons for Vegetto's strength, the others being their rivalry and Potara being "just that amazing".
Last edited by hleV on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Rocketman wrote:
CatouttaHell wrote: But naturally he’s no match for me, even if they merged!”
Because he didn't know Vegeta knew the Dance, and there was no time to teach him.

And Elder Kai says Vegetto's might is because of Goku and Vegeta, not the Potara itself.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:23 pm

You're right, if the potara never existed, DBZ would've ended with Gohan-Buu effortlessly killing Gogeta and destroying all life.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:25 pm

Rocketman wrote:
You're right, if the potara never existed, DBZ would've ended with Gohan-Buu effortlessly killing Gogeta and destroying all life.
That's what we call an out-of-universe explanation. Sure if Toei never used Gogeta, he could've showed up in the manga, but we don't know how it would've turned out. So we can't just assume what would've happened. Using in-universe evidence, Gogeta isn't as strong as everyone makes him out to be.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Rocketman wrote:You're right, if the potara never existed, DBZ would've ended with Gohan-Buu effortlessly killing Gogeta and destroying all life.
While I don't necessarily fully agree with the notion that Goku and Vegeta's Metamorian fusion would be weaker than Gohan-Boo, it is made perfectly clear that Vegetto is stronger than said hypothetical fusion.
Last edited by hleV on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Rocketman wrote:
If Toriyama used Gogeta, he would've written things differently. But he didn't, so the original plan has no impact on the final result.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:33 pm

Or Goku would arrive five seconds late, and Buu would kill Gohan before Gotenks' fusion expired. Or he would have just had Goku teleport inside Buu using Gohan's ki, by having Gohan struggle for a little while before being knocked out cold inside Buu's body. Or Gogeta would have lost, but used a barrier while being absorbed anyway.
This explanation has been debunked.

Also: even after Elder Kaioshin had repeatedly told Goku that Potara was way stronger the the dance, Vegetto was still surprised by his ability to curb-stomp Buu. This leaves basically zero hope for Gogeta to be capable of the same feat.
He said Vegetto wouldn't be stronger than him, because he was unaware that this method of fusion was just way stronger than the other method for no reason. Then Vegetto started beating on him and he stopped talking shit.
Context is key here. Who is he talking to?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:39 pm

This explanation has been debunked.
What? Is this how debates work now?
RandomGuy96 wrote: snip
This argument has been debunked.