Was there any actual hope at beating Beerus in BoG?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Was there any actual hope at beating Beerus in BoG?

Post by Angelus » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:01 pm

Let's say Beerus stayed as 70%. As soon as Goku turns SSJG, he wastes no time talking and just attacks Beerus. Dende heals everyone and they all mob Beerus together with SSJG Goku.

That'll be Mystic Gohan, Mr. Buu, SSJ3 Gotenks, Vegeta, Piccolo, Android 18 and 17, Kibito Kai, Tien and Yamcha fusion dance, Krillin, and Chiaotzu.

Mr. Buu won't try a candy beam. Vegeta fully maintains his enraged state. Piccolo solely focuses on magic materializing tons of weighted clothing, blindfolds, and earplugs on Beerus. Chiaotzu solely focuses on telekinetically tossing pudding at Beerus. Krillin focuses solely with tossing Kienzans at Beerus. Gotenks doesn't play around and ficyses solely on Ghost Kamikazee attacks. Kibito Kai focuses on healing Gohan and anyone who gets KO'd. Puar transforms into Whis and starts verbally insulting Beerus.

With this much team work, could they actually beat the God of destruction? Whis won't intervene.
Last edited by Angelus on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Low Tone G

Re: Was there any actual hope at beating Beerus in BoG?

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Angelus wrote:Let's say Beerus stayed as 70%. As soon as Goku turns SSJG, he wastes no time talking and just attacks Beerus. Dende heals everyone and they all mob Beerus together with SSJG Goku.

That'll be Mystic Gohan, Mr. Buu, SSJ3 Gotenks, Vegeta, Piccolo, Android 18 and 17, Kibito Kai, Tenshinhan and Yamcha fusion dance, Krillin, and Chiaotzu.

Mr. Buu won't try a candy beam. Vegeta fully maintains his enraged state. Piccolo solely focuses on magic materializing tons of weighted clothing on Beerus. Chiaotzu solely focuses on telekinetically tossing pudding at Beerus. Krillin focuses solely with tossing Kienzans at Beerus. Gotenks doesn't play around. Puar transforms into Whis and starts verbally insulting Beerus.

With this much team work, could they actually beat the God of destruction? Whis won't intervene.
Nice arsenal, but I don't think magic or anything else would work on Beerus, if it didn't on Vegetto who is stated to be inferior to Beerus. I think major heroes like Ultimate Gohan, Rage Vegeta, SSJ3 Gotenks, Mr. Buu, Kibito Kai and Piccolo would have added only 1% of power to SSJ-God Goku's full power. Beerus is stated to be very old, still was able to overpower Goku only by 30%. I think God power can be raised very slowly.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Well it depends how high the hopes were for the box office returns were for BOG and a pseudo-sequel.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Yes, for me the hope was Gogeta SSJ3. Even better if it was Gogeta after Goku absorbed SSJGod's power.
Not to mention if enraged Vegeta could deal damage then...

And I'm not buying that "fusion would be useless" BS. You shouldn't give up until you try.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:49 pm

Maybe if they had catnip or something.

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Possibly if they had more time to plan an attack. At the end though, everyone was too busy gasping.. If Whis would step in yeah haha.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:05 pm

The Saiyans all thought the Potara Earrings were gone, permanently. Goku was thinking of Gogeta, which is an inferior fusion. If Vegetto was factored into the equation, with SSJ3 possibly, I think it may bring their power over SSJ God form. Also, both Goku and Vegeta separately now have become much stronger than they were in the Buu Saga 5 years ago. Thus the result of the Potara fusion is greater than many might believe. SSJ3 Vegetto would easily be in the trillions in power level. Gogeta on the other hand, is probably several times weaker than Beerus here.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:The Saiyans all thought the Potara Earrings were gone, permanently. Goku was thinking of Gogeta, which is an inferior fusion. If Vegetto was factored into the equation, with SSJ3 possibly, I think it may bring their power over SSJ God form. Also, both Goku and Vegeta separately now have become much stronger than they were in the Buu Saga 5 years ago. Thus the result of the Potara fusion is greater than many might believe. SSJ3 Vegetto would easily be in the trillions in power level. Gogeta on the other hand, is probably several times weaker than Beerus here.
You might be overthinking the line, it's fairly obvious what the writers were intending when they had Goku say Fusion wouldn't work. Vegetto is the character that actually existed in canon, Gogeta isn't even an idea, how could Goku have been referring to him when he never existed?
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:23 pm

ZazamPow wrote:
Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:The Saiyans all thought the Potara Earrings were gone, permanently. Goku was thinking of Gogeta, which is an inferior fusion. If Vegetto was factored into the equation, with SSJ3 possibly, I think it may bring their power over SSJ God form. Also, both Goku and Vegeta separately now have become much stronger than they were in the Buu Saga 5 years ago. Thus the result of the Potara fusion is greater than many might believe. SSJ3 Vegetto would easily be in the trillions in power level. Gogeta on the other hand, is probably several times weaker than Beerus here.
You might be overthinking the line, it's fairly obvious what the writers were intending when they had Goku say Fusion wouldn't work. Vegetto is the character that actually existed in canon, Gogeta isn't even an idea, how could Goku have been referring to him when he never existed?
Well, Goku did after all teach Goten and Trunks the dance fusion. No one else knew about it before the Buu Saga, why would he not perform dance fusion with Vegeta? They should remember crushing the earrings when they were inside Buu, so it's common sense to assume Goku would have resorted to dance fusion later.

With THAT in mind, Goku likely thought of performing dance fusion with Vegeta when he thought of fusion.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:44 am

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Well, Goku did after all teach Goten and Trunks the dance fusion. No one else knew about it before the Buu Saga, why would he not perform dance fusion with Vegeta? They should remember crushing the earrings when they were inside Buu, so it's common sense to assume Goku would have resorted to dance fusion later.

With THAT in mind, Goku likely thought of performing dance fusion with Vegeta when he thought of fusion.
Not really. Goku more than likely thought about a potara merging as he knew very well its results(I'm not saying he couldn't have guessed the result of a metamorian fusion dance, but he had decent experience in potara merging with Vegeta). As I mentioned, Vegetto was possible to create, because there still were one last pair of potaras in BOG too, in the ears of Kibito Kai.(I don't want to repeat that there were 3 pairs in total - one was used on Goku and Vegeta - but broken by Goku and Vegeta, another was used on Kibito and Kaioshin, but ultimately broken also by Goku and Vegeta, the third pair wasn't used at all.) But a with God Vegeta the chances are high the God fusion could have worked against Beers.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:05 am

The way Akira Toriyama explains it. If Goku could be healed and kept continuously fighting Beerus he would have eventually caught up with him.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:12 am

Hitiro wrote:The way Akira Toriyama explains it. If Goku could be healed and kept continuously fighting Beerus he would have eventually caught up with him.
Hm.... I've a thread a thread some time ago about Dende's ability to heal people... I don't know what to call his abilty, but it can be based magic on both and Ki. Being that Dende has only normal Ki, if he hels people using his Ki, I'd say God Goku couldn't have been healed, but if he uses magic the thing is more complicated a bit. Vegetto was proven to be somewhat immune to magic(he could fight Mystic Buu after he was turned into a candy). And Beerus is stated to be stronger than him, I'd say SSJ-God Goku can not be heale with that low-rank magic which is used by Dende. The last possibily would be Kibito Kai, but it's still uncertain, though.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:34 am

Low Tone G wrote:
Hitiro wrote:The way Akira Toriyama explains it. If Goku could be healed and kept continuously fighting Beerus he would have eventually caught up with him.
Hm.... I've a thread a thread some time ago about Dende's ability to heal people... I don't know what to call his abilty, but it can be based magic on both and Ki. Being that Dende has only normal Ki, if he hels people using his Ki, I'd say God Goku couldn't have been healed, but if he uses magic the thing is more complicated a bit. Vegetto was proven to be somewhat immune to magic(he could fight Mystic Buu after he was turned into a candy). And Beerus is stated to be stronger than him, I'd say SSJ-God Goku can not be heale with that low-rank magic which is used by Dende. The last possibily would be Kibito Kai, but it's still uncertain, though.
It depends on if Dende's healing is a body restoration or a Ki restoration. I've always been under the impression that he restores the body which then produces the Ki. Because if he restores Ki with his own Ki then the person will only be as strong as the amount of Ki Dende pours into them.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:39 am

Hitiro wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:
It depends on if Dende's healing is a body restoration or a Ki restoration. I've always been under the impression that he restores the body which then produces the Ki. Because if he restores Ki with his own Ki then the person will only be as strong as the amount of Ki Dende pours into them.
Then it should be magic. But even then, a giga strong being like God Goku couldn't have been healed so easily, not to mention, that Goku's body was also changed when he became God.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:52 am

Suppressed Beerus is powerful enough to one-shot a hypothetical BoG SSj3 Vegetto. This is made clear many times. Goku was half of Vegetto and has his memories. He remembered how powerful SSj Vegetto was and by extension knew how powerful SSj3 Vegetto would be.

His statement about fusion not being enough to beat Beerus took into account how powerful a Vegetto formed from him and Vegeta would be at this stage of the game, as did his statement that he didn't think that a world like his SSj God power could exist.

There's also the V Jump statement that says Beerus is more powerful than all characters in the history of DBZ. Vegetto is a DBZ character so he too is included in this statement.

Furthermore, power comparisons are always made about the full power of the character. Nobody assumes Beerus/Kaioshin were talking about First Form Freeza when they made power comparison statements about him.

There is zero reason to assume Vegetto does not have SSj3. Nobody believed he didn't until Beerus came along and people realised they could nerf him by claiming Vegetto can't transform.

Both Goku and Vegeta can easily go SSj2, so claiming that Vegetto can't even go SSj2 and thus that those statements only mean Beerus > Super Vegetto is laughable.

Elder Kaioshin and Son Goku flat-out stated that Potara Gokhan could at least go SSj, despite the fact that Gohan can supposedly never go SSj anymore. Considering this, Vegetto should be able to go SSj3 even if Vegeta can't. Just like he can use Shunkan Ido and the Kamehameha even if Vegeta can't.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:35 am

CatouttaHell wrote:Suppressed Beerus is powerful enough to one-shot a hypothetical BoG SSj3 Vegetto. This is made clear many times. Goku was half of Vegetto and has his memories. He remembered how powerful SSj Vegetto was and by extension knew how powerful SSj3 Vegetto would be.

His statement about fusion not being enough to beat Beerus took into account how powerful a Vegetto formed from him and Vegeta would be at this stage of the game, as did his statement that he didn't think that a world like his SSj God power could exist.

There's also the V Jump statement that says Beerus is more powerful than all characters in the history of DBZ. Vegetto is a DBZ character so he too is included in this statement.

Furthermore, power comparisons are always made about the full power of the character. Nobody assumes Beerus/Kaioshin were talking about First Form Freeza when they made power comparison statements about him.

There is zero reason to assume Vegetto does not have SSj3. Nobody believed he didn't until Beerus came along and people realised they could nerf him by claiming Vegetto can't transform.

Both Goku and Vegeta can easily go SSj2, so claiming that Vegetto can't even go SSj2 and thus that those statements only mean Beerus > Super Vegetto is laughable.

Elder Kaioshin and Son Goku flat-out stated that Potara Gokhan could at least go SSj, despite the fact that Gohan can supposedly never go SSj anymore. Considering this, Vegetto should be able to go SSj3 even if Vegeta can't. Just like he can use Shunkan Ido and the Kamehameha even if Vegeta can't.
Actually, this is what the movie suggests. Beerus was highly suppressed against SSJ3 Goku, still Goku could guess that Vegetto is still no match for him.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:00 pm

If "suppressed Beerus" could "one-shot SSJ3 Vegetto", he wouldn't need to deliver a headbutt followed by a full force kick just to knock out Gohan. Nor would he need more than one flick to knock out Goku, for that matter.

Anyway, the only hope is to get Buu to nail him with the Candy Beam. Or get Buu to absorb him. Otherwise... well, Beerus two-shotted Ultimate Gohan (supposedly) while suppressed, and he reveals that he actually could've one-shotted SSG Goku if he was at full power (he was clearly beating Goku with only 70% power). I don't see what a conventional team-up is gonna do against him.

They probably should have tried the Candy Beam, actually. Beerus would be arrogant enough to let Buu do it.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:34 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:If "suppressed Beerus" could "one-shot SSJ3 Vegetto", he wouldn't need to deliver a headbutt followed by a full force kick just to knock out Gohan. Nor would he need more than one flick to knock out Goku, for that matter.

Anyway, the only hope is to get Buu to nail him with the Candy Beam. Or get Buu to absorb him. Otherwise... well, Beerus two-shotted Ultimate Gohan (supposedly) while suppressed, and he reveals that he actually could've one-shotted SSG Goku if he was at full power (he was clearly beating Goku with only 70% power). I don't see what a conventional team-up is gonna do against him.

They probably should have tried the Candy Beam, actually. Beerus would be arrogant enough to let Buu do it.
It probably would have turned out just like Vegito and the candy.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:13 am

mAcChaos wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:If "suppressed Beerus" could "one-shot SSJ3 Vegetto", he wouldn't need to deliver a headbutt followed by a full force kick just to knock out Gohan. Nor would he need more than one flick to knock out Goku, for that matter.

It probably would have turned out just like Vegito and the candy.
More than likely.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:40 am

mAcChaos wrote:It probably would have turned out just like Vegito and the candy.
Not if Boo turns Beerus into a digestive biscuit and they splash him with a cup of tea or some hot milk.