Can Adult Chi-Chi Ride Kinto'un?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Can Adult Chi-Chi Ride Kinto'un?

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:28 am

Is Adult Chi-Chi pure enough to sit on the nimbus like she did as a child? I don't recall any scenes with her sitting on the nimbus. The only time I can recall was during the end of Dragon Ball with the adventures of Goku and Chichi, but that was only in the anime.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Can Adult Chi-Chi Ride the Nimbus?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:00 am

Yes, if Z-era Goku is pure all throughout even during the Majin Boo Saga and following then Chi-Chi is as well as an adult.

And Super Dragon Ball Z, a game that Toriyama-sensei was directly involved with, supports this.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Can Adult Chi-Chi Ride the Nimbus?

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:19 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:And Super Dragon Ball Z, a game that Toriyama-sensei was directly involved with, supports this.
We've dispelled this several times over. He had no more or less involvement with Super Dragon Ball Z than he does with any other video game, really... which is to say virtually nothing.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Can Adult Chi-Chi Ride Kinto'un?

Post by ZazamPow » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:56 am

She's grasping onto it here. This was right after beating Piccolo, Goku was 18 so I guess Chi-Chi was about 18 as well? Regardless Toriyama depicted her as still capable of riding it at this point, and for the rest of the series there is no indication of that changing, so I'm gonna say the answer is yes. As far as I know, Chi-Chi's rage moments that might make you think she wasn't pure were extremely exaggerated in the anime.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

MediaFanGirl93
Beyond Newbie

Post by MediaFanGirl93 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:42 pm

I think she can ride the nimbus. I mean, most of her getting angry at Goku isn't out of hatred, but out of concern for her family. Even thought Chi-Chi can be unreasonable, she had good intentions.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:12 pm

Isn't the last page of Dragonball right before the start of Z, Chi Chi flies off with Goku on the Nimbus after he defeats Piccolo?

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:20 pm

ZazamPow wrote:
She's grasping onto it here. This was right after beating Piccolo, Goku was 18 so I guess Chi-Chi was about 18 as well? Regardless Toriyama depicted her as still capable of riding it at this point, and for the rest of the series there is no indication of that changing, so I'm gonna say the answer is yes. As far as I know, Chi-Chi's rage moments that might make you think she wasn't pure were extremely exaggerated in the anime.
Ah, I remembered the page being Goku holding her hand rather than her clinging onto the nimbus. I probably should have re-read that part before making this post, but thanks anyway. :thumbup:

And I'm positive that she can ride the nimbus too, even in the anime, seeing as how the requirements for being pure hearted isn't as strict as the real world (e.g Goku wanting revenge throughout the King Piccolo arc wouldn't be considered pure hearted in reality).
YouTube account:

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Maybe you have to have certain amount of purity in you in order to ride kinto un. Because I remember that neither is Goku at that point was completely pure aswell because of his saiyan instincts and thirst to fight. But maybe were talking about pure in a sense of having no ill will or having to be involved in any earthling troubles.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

TheLegend23
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegend23 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:41 pm

Of course she can ride it how do you think gohan and goten were conceived. :wave:

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:55 am

GokuRules987 wrote:Maybe you have to have certain amount of purity in you in order to ride kinto un. Because I remember that neither is Goku at that point was completely pure aswell because of his saiyan instincts and thirst to fight. But maybe were talking about pure in a sense of having no ill will or having to be involved in any earthling troubles.
He's had his Saiyan instincts and thirst to fight since he was born, didn't stop the devilmite beam from failing.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:31 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:Maybe you have to have certain amount of purity in you in order to ride kinto un. Because I remember that neither is Goku at that point was completely pure aswell because of his saiyan instincts and thirst to fight. But maybe were talking about pure in a sense of having no ill will or having to be involved in any earthling troubles.
There's nothing wrong with Goku wanting to fight, because he doesn't fight to hurt, he fights for sport. I believe Toriyama put it like this: "Goku doesn't fight to defeat his enemies, he fights to defeat himself" as in to become better and better for no other reason than the sake of being the best he can be. There's nothing ill about that, Goku has never been in a fight that wasn't willing on both sides. If both parties are willing to fight, then what's wrong with it?
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:43 pm

singsing wrote:
He's had his Saiyan instincts and thirst to fight since he was born, didn't stop the devilmite beam from failing.
Bingo. Toriyama didn't thought of Goku being a Saiyan from an alien warrior race back when he was still a kid. He was just meant to be a wild boy who was inspired by Sun Wukong from Journey to the West. Another thing is devilmite beam technically is meant to transform opponent negative thoughts into destructive beams, but that only works if the negative thoughts are currently present in goku's mind. He cant just use goku thoughts that he had in the pasts like when he got angry and flipped bulma car, or went after Tambourine.

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:45 pm

ZazamPow wrote:
There's nothing wrong with Goku wanting to fight, because he doesn't fight to hurt, he fights for sport. I believe Toriyama put it like this: "Goku doesn't fight to defeat his enemies, he fights to defeat himself" as in to become better and better for no other reason than the sake of being the best he can be. There's nothing ill about that, Goku has never been in a fight that wasn't willing on both sides. If both parties are willing to fight, then what's wrong with it?
well if that's the case then that's ok.

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:07 pm

ZazamPow wrote:
Couldn't put it better myself. People tend to think that Goku's only pure hearted because of his care for others. Although his does care, it's mainly because of his simple outlook on life.
Last edited by TheUltimateVegito on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube account:

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:22 am

Why does being over protective about your kid make you a evil person.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Chi-Chi may be strict and a bit of hardass at times but that doesn't make evil in the slightest. Hell, considering how insanely loyal and tolerant she is of Goku, I consider her one of the more purer characters in the show. I love Goku, but even I can't deny that any other wife would have left Goku's ass if they went even half the shit that Goku unintentionally puts them through.

Firefoxray2055

Post by Firefoxray2055 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:15 pm

I agree with all the post supporting that chichi can. The only thing we have seen hey do that looks bad in the manga and anime, is her constant badgering of gohan to do his school work and not fight. If anything chi-chi is more pure than goku, cause she only wants her son to succeed in life, while her husband constantly gets him into fights that phissycly harm him. (But she was the reason why gohan became a waste of power at the end of Z so i dont really know why i am deffending her.)

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:07 pm

Firefoxray2055 wrote:I agree with all the post supporting that chichi can. The only thing we have seen hey do that looks bad in the manga and anime, is her constant badgering of gohan to do his school work and not fight. If anything chi-chi is more pure than goku, cause she only wants her son to succeed in life, while her husband constantly gets him into fights that phissycly harm him. (But she was the reason why gohan became a waste of power at the end of Z so i dont really know why i am deffending her.)
To be fair, Gohan found himself in these predicaments mainly due to his own decisions, especially in the Namek saga.

The way I see it, Goku and Chi Chi wanted the best for Gohan in their own way. Goku wanted Gohan to be the best fighter he could, and since Gohan wanted to train and help out it allowed Goku to do so. Chi Chi wanted Gohan to be the best scholar he could, and of course Goku didn't train Gohan during the 5 years before the Saiyan saga because of that. I'm sure if Gohan strongly dislike the idea of training and helping via combat, then Goku wouldn't have ended up training him. It's not like Goku really forced Gohan into these situations, it's just that Gohan's character and Goku's realization of Gohan's potential led to situations that seemed like he did.
YouTube account:

PhilTheStampede

Post by PhilTheStampede » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:27 pm

She went 7 years without her husband. 7 years! I'd like to see if she can ride the nimbus just to see what her mind's been up to. Could anyone stay pure after that long? Not even a single puff puff or gal mag?

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:23 pm

flashback0180 wrote: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:22 am Why does being over protective about your kid make you a evil person.
Being protective is one thing, but being a control freak is another.

In the Saiyan Saga it was mentioned that Goku wasn't allowed to teach or train Gohan in anyway possible. Chi Chi even claims that martial arts is a waste of time, since there are no bad guys.

Although throughout DBZ Chi Chi becomes better and actually starts listening to others. She allowed Gohan to go to Namek, on the condition that he does his homework in space. She allows Gohan to train for the Android for 3 years and then allows Gohan to go to the ROSAT without any problem, with the condition Goku gets a job and Gohan focus on his education.

Then the Buu Saga were she has no problem with martial arts and training. She supports her sons in anyway possible.
Same with Yo Son Goku Ova.

Now DBS Anime Chi Chi is terrible. She lies about Mr Satan money running out, to stop Goku training. She stops or tries to stop Goku from training and doing martial arts and stop Goten from doing martial arts, training and competiting in anyway possible.

DBS Anime Chi Chi isn't pure of heart, especially since lying is considered bad. She manipulate and boss others way too much. She is a spoiled brat.

Goten wants to get strong, but Chi Chi doesn't allow that, then makes lame excuse about there not being any bad guys and saying he wants to horse around.