So what exactly is this SSGSS?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

So what exactly is this SSGSS?

Post by Bullza » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:34 am

As far as I know there's no actual name given to the new....I don't know if I should call it a new form or appearance but it looks like it's still called Super Saiyan God.

That makes things a little awkward because people are going to wonder from now on if you're referring to the Red or Blue version of the form. I'm sure a name will probably be given to it in the future probably in a video game, though what it will be called well who knows.

Until then I'll refer to them as RSSJG (the Red form) and BSSJG (the Blue form).

The movie apparently doesn't give much of an explanation as to what it actually is, so it's the result of going Super Saiyan after absorbing the Super Saiyan God power?

Goku absorbed the power into his body in Battle of Gods, Beerus explained that and it's why he said Goku hadn't grown much weaker. However he did turn into a Super Saiyan after this yet he didn't turn blue then.

Beerus also said that Goku was a genius in that he absorbed the power yet Vegeta also did the same?

And how is this making the BSSJG stronger than the RSSJG? And by how much of a boost are we talking?
Last edited by Bullza on Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MajinVegetaSSj6
Beyond Newbie

Re: So what exactly is this Blue Super Saiyan God?

Post by MajinVegetaSSj6 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:52 am

Sorta of Mastered SSJG? Like the red form was still incomplete maybe? The Gap power...If Beerus is 10 and Red SSJG Goku was 6, maybe this bblue form is 8...

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:01 am

Bullza wrote:
Goku absorbed the power into his body in Battle of Gods, Beerus explained that and it's why he said Goku hadn't grown much weaker. However he did turn into a Super Saiyan after this yet he didn't turn blue then.
Probably because he was still trying to get the hang of it and control it. Once he did, it got the blue glow.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:50 am

MajinVegetaSSj6 wrote:Sorta of Mastered SSJG? Like the red form was still incomplete maybe? The Gap power...If Beerus is 10 and Red SSJG Goku was 6, maybe this bblue form is 8...
I'd say it would be more:

Whis - 15
Beerus - 10
Blue SSJG Goku - 7.5
Blue SSJG Vegeta - 7.5
Golden Freeza - 6.5
Base Goku - 6
Final Form Freeza - 4

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:14 am

Well there's no mention of it being mastered. The summary says this

"Goku says it’s hard to explain, but basically it’s Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God."

So it seems more like a combination of the two forms together. As I said though this never came into play in the last movie when he became a God, absorbed it, then became a Super Saiyan.

Unless as Rereboy says he learnt it by training yet there was no mention of that in summary. From the looks of it he just happens to turn into it and then gives it a half added explanation on it and that's it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:55 am

Maybe it's the result of mastering the absorbed Ssjg power ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks for those spoilers right in the title.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:01 am

All the forms (God, base, SS) are implied to be pretty equal in Battle of Gods after Goku loses Super Saiyan God and absorbs its power, as Goku doesn't realize he's changes forms and his ki hasn't really changed despite cycling through the different stages. So I have a feeling the blue Super Saiyan is just the results of training to work it out so that Super Saiyan can increase the power of god ki.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:09 pm

There might be more to it but even during the training scenes with Whis nothing about this appears to be mentioned.

It might not have anything to do with the training.

I hope there's more to it than it appears, I didn't like the method to turn Goku into a SSJ God in the first place but at least an explanation was given. This just seems like an afterthought to sell more tickets.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Bullza, it would be respectful of you to edit spoilers out of the title.

Also, I think the title "Blue Super Saiyan" is likely to be used until something more official comes out, but maybe I'll end up being wrong about it. I like Blueper Saiyan myself, haha.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:27 pm

It is a form beyond God, hence its official name "Saiyan beyond God" from Dragon Ball Heroes. Basically, it is Super Saiyan using Super Saiyan God form powers, when you mix these two forms, you get a Saiyan exceeding even God.

I think it is like this. :think:

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:29 pm

In short, it's Super Saiyan 4 that taps into God power instead of ape power. I wonder how long before we see fanart of a blue Oozaru, followed by a blue Super Saiyan 4.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:53 pm

Bullza, it would be respectful of you to edit spoilers out of the title.
I wouldn't have been able to ask the question really without it. Plus it's not really the best idea to be around these forums right now if you didn't want spoilers. I'm already seeing spoilers in different threads not exactly related to the movie.
It is a form beyond God, hence its official name "Saiyan beyond God" from Dragon Ball Heroes.
Was that actually an official name for it though or just a description? It's a lousy name if it was official.

I thought maybe the red from the SSJ God form and the yellow from the Super Saiyan mixed together is why it has a different colour, though it should be orange I suppose but maybe that's why its a different color.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Bullza wrote:Was that actually an official name for it though or just a description? It's a lousy name if it was official.

I thought maybe the red from the SSJ God form and the yellow from the Super Saiyan mixed together is why it has a different colour, though it should be orange I suppose but maybe that's why its a different color.
An official name, it is written in the same box where "Super Saiyan", "Super Saiyan 2" and etc is written. I must agree, but apparently Dragon Ball Heroes is just teasing, maybe they will update the name along with the blue hair.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:03 pm

It's the "official" name used in the game for his base form with god ki. Blue!Super Saiyan still remains unnamed.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:03 pm

It's just his regular SSJ transformation, only now when he transforms, he taps into his SSJG powers instead (it's just as strong as that form). The hair is blue to distinguish it, but it could have looked exactly the same as SSJ with the fire aura from SSJG, and been the same thing.

I call Infused Super Saiyan (iSSJ), but BSSJG works too. Just doesn't sound very cool.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Blue Super Saiyan God is effectively SSJ + SSJ God.

So I'd call it Ultimate Super Saiyan God or Super Saiyan God Fusion

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:07 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:It's just his regular SSJ transformation, only now when he transforms, he taps into his SSJG powers instead (it's just as strong as that form). The hair is blue to distinguish it, but it could have looked exactly the same as SSJ with the fire aura from SSJG, and been the same thing.

I call Infused Super Saiyan (iSSJ), but BSSJG works too. Just doesn't sound very cool.
I would argue that there isn't really any way to make any Super Saiyan form cool or interesting anymore. Super Saiyan God was only interesting for flying in the face of expectations. This one is just unnecessary visual flair, akin to most of the other transformations to have shown up. I suppose this is going to put a stop to that "Mystic Goku" and "Mystic Vegeta" nonsense.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:39 pm

It's just his regular SSJ transformation, only now when he transforms, he taps into his SSJG powers instead (it's just as strong as that form).
So you don't think there's any difference in strength at all between the Red and Blue versions? I guess that could be possible.

Then why was he still able to turn into a Super Saiyan after absorbing the God powers before without turning blue?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:51 pm

Bullza wrote:
It's just his regular SSJ transformation, only now when he transforms, he taps into his SSJG powers instead (it's just as strong as that form).
So you don't think there's any difference in strength at all between the Red and Blue versions? I guess that could be possible.

Then why was he still able to turn into a Super Saiyan after absorbing the God powers before without turning blue?
Pretty much. It's how I interpret this line, anyways:
"Goku says it’s hard to explain, but basically it’s Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God." He's not implying it's stronger than SSJG, just that it has the power of SSJG instead of SSJ.

At the point he fought Beerus, he lost his SSJG powers, but absorbed most of it. Remember, he had to transform into a SSJG again to block Beerus' energy ball, meaning even after absorbing, he still became weaker at that point. Now he's able to tap into the full bulk of that power at will by transforming into a SSJ, which is what BSSJG is.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super