What happened during the 9 days of training for Cell?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

What happened during the 9 days of training for Cell?

Post by Bacon Skittles » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:00 am

<deleted>
Last edited by Bacon Skittles on Sun May 23, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: What happened during the 9 days of training for Cell?

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:57 am

Well it's safe to say no one got stronger. Well maybe piccolo and vegeta slightly. But you can say the broly movie happened. And I think maybe android 13 or that guy. Starts with an H. He was in plan to eliminate all sayians special. You can argue that at least one or two of these things happened at this time. I personally think broly is the only one that happened and made more sense to me. Also goten was conceived haha.

But I don't think you can have any more movies or have a special to fill in this area. I mean cell himself would feel this threat or threats and be interested to fight them. Honestly he would have felt broly's ki. And sought to challenge him and prob would have been slaughtered. But what I am getting at is. If you had stuff to fill in the void. The heroes would have been so much more stronger after say fighting broly as an example. I am sure goku, gohan, vegeta, and trunks would have a some hell of a zenkai boost from that. Facing off someone almost as strong as ssj2 gohan. Maybe the same level. Cell wouldn't matter. Heck like I said cell would have prob had joined with z warriors temporalily to go against broly. However if you said that multiple things happened in one week. Not only would that be bad luck for the heroes. But the sayians would have become much stronger through these fights and zenkai boost. Cell would be a joke to them by the end of it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:21 am

During the other 5 days, the Z-Fighters just took it easy. Expect for Goku, who banged Chi Chi during those 5 days, which lead to Goten being created. There is also no way in hell though that the events of Return Of Cooler or Super #13 could have taken place during the 5 day resting period, as there are way too many inconsistencies and continuity errors in those films for there to have taken place when they did. The first Broly movie and Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans could certainly have taken place during the period though.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:23 am

Lord Beerus wrote:During the other 5 days, they Z-Fighters just took it easy. Expect for Goku, who banged Chi Chi during those 5 days, which lead to Goten being created. There is also no way in hell though that the events of Return Of Cooler or Super #13 could have taken place during the 5 day resting period, as there are way too many inconsistencies and continuity errors in those films for there to have taken place when they did. The first Broly movie and Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans could certainly have taken place during the period though.
If broly and plan to eliminate all sayians happened? Wouldn't cell be interested and want to join the heroes to face off against these threats? And when I mean join I mean fight the enemies by himself. Also wouldn't the heroes become stronger by these battles if they happened?

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:41 am

What I found most amusing is that Goku actually tells Gohan something like, "Ah, no, don't worry. You stay here playing with Dende for the rest of the week" and then flies off to bang his wife for days. I actually wonder if he did that to make Chi-Chi REALLY *happy* because he knew she wouldn't approve about Gohan taking on Cell by himself. :lol:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

CordonBloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by CordonBloo » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:58 pm

Goten was concieved
CORDON BLOO TO THE RESCOO!

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bacon Skittles » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:02 pm

I think it would have been great if Cell appeared in the Broly film to help Goku.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:23 pm

Dragon Ball H
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:47 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Dragon Ball H
You know, that actually exists. :P

Want a link? :wink:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:29 pm

soulnova wrote:What I found most amusing is that Goku actually tells Gohan something like, "Ah, no, don't worry. You stay here playing with Dende for the rest of the week" and then flies off to bang his wife for days. I actually wonder if he did that to make Chi-Chi REALLY *happy* because he knew she wouldn't approve about Gohan taking on Cell by himself. :lol:
I always figured it was 'cuz Goku knew he there was a chance he would die.

Confidence Matters
Banned

Post by Confidence Matters » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:47 pm

Shiiiiit we know Cell didn't train a single second because if he did take a day to train he would have been even stronger than Boohan was 7 years later.

Dem Frieza & Saiyan genes

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:31 am

Lord Beerus wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think that was the point of the post.
And yes, I too believe that is what happened 8)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:13 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

...Soooooooooo, you want the link?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:50 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:During the other 5 days, the Z-Fighters just took it easy. Expect for Goku, who banged Chi Chi during those 5 days, which lead to Goten being created. There is also no way in hell though that the events of Return Of Cooler or Super #13 could have taken place during the 5 day resting period, as there are way too many inconsistencies and continuity errors in those films for there to have taken place when they did. The first Broly movie and Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans could certainly have taken place during the period though.
Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans and DBZ Movie 8 can't fit between the 9 days before Cell neither. Movie 8 had Goku and Chi Chi going for a school interview while the whole Earth was in panic of the Cell games and close down everything due to doomsday scare of Cell. Also Goku and Gohan where in their base forms while they where FPSSj for the most part during that time period. Not to mention everyone during the Cell games comment on how strong Goku got while fighting Cell while no one comment on Goku's power during Broli.

I think during the 9 days of the Cell games training where Goku and the others relax. I don't think anything special happen between those 9 days which is probably why Toriyama never didn't bother showing Goku and the others chilling out in the manga since it just be a total waste of story.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: You know, that actually exists. :P

...Soooooooooo, you want the link?
No thanks.
I meant that DBZAOTA482 probably already knew DBH actually exists and so made a joke about that.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:During the other 5 days, they Z-Fighters just took it easy. Expect for Goku, who banged Chi Chi during those 5 days, which lead to Goten being created. There is also no way in hell though that the events of Return Of Cooler or Super #13 could have taken place during the 5 day resting period, as there are way too many inconsistencies and continuity errors in those films for there to have taken place when they did. The first Broly movie and Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans could certainly have taken place during the period though.
If broly and plan to eliminate all sayians happened? Wouldn't cell be interested and want to join the heroes to face off against these threats? And when I mean join I mean fight the enemies by himself. Also wouldn't the heroes become stronger by these battles if they happened?
If DBZ Movie 8 did happen in the main continuity then I would imagine Cell would just ignore it. He would sense Broli's ki but he would be like "I will just let Goku and the others handle for it now. It's not my business". Plan to Eradicate The Saiyans can't happen in the anime and manga given you have Lord Slug and Turles as ghost warriors when the movies for those two can't fit anywhere in the main continuity. With Dr Raichi's slowly machines killing life on Earth then I would imagine Cell would have noticed it. Unlike Broli, he would notice things around him are slowly dieing.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/