Where does Piccolo stand?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: Where does Piccolo stand?

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:52 pm

He was weaker than the Super Saiyan in the Cell Games, and not only he was still weaker than them in Boo arc, he was also weaker than Kaioshin, who was also weaker than the Super Saiyans. The fact that he didn't enter inside RoSaT for a 2nd time tells me that he realized his limits like Goku did, and knew that it wouldn't make much difference if he entered inside again, which is confirmed by the fact that he couldn't even get close to the Super Saiyans, even though he kept training for 7 years.

I don't think that anything changed after 10 years, and the new movies seem to confirm this.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Brian4205
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brian4205 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:07 am

A lot of you talk like all of these characters have room for unlimited potential, but as far as the manga is concerned, that just doesn't seem to be the case. Piccolo topped out shortly after he fused with Kami, he could get stronger, but not by the insane leaps and bounds that the Saiyans could, Piccolo's body has seemingly just reached it's limit.

The Saiyan's on the other hand are a seemingly different dilemma. Saiyan strength seems to be tied to their warrior bred genes and emotions. The super saiyan transformation and crazy power spikes are seemingly tied to strong emotions. We've seen this through out the series starting with Gohan's ability to augment his power whenever he got angry, culminating into his first transformation to super saiyan 2. But as battle of the gods showed us, that's not the limit of the these mood swing increase's as Vegeta was able to surpass Goku's super saiyan 3 power as either a ssj 1 or 2 (The movies not clear as to which he was) from the anger he experienced from seeing Beerus swat Bulma. With that in mind, this could be used to explain the kids power, as its some what shown but never stated that full blood saiyan's are a little more emotionally detached that they have a harder time tapping into this power, where as half human half saiyans don't, but Gohans meek peace loving attitude kept him somewhat more in check when it came to this. That's not the case with Goten and Trunks, who not only have more vibrant and outgoing personalities than the other saiyans, but they have each other to play with. Their simple play fighting with raw emotion allowed them to catch up to the older saiyans no problem and master their super saiyan forms almost naturally. Because they let they're emotions run wild, they seemed to break normal walls for other saiyans quicker. The kids still aren't quite at Gohan, Goku and Vegeta's level by the tournament though. When Vegeta blocks Trunks kick when he is testing his power, Vegeta doesn't have an aura, which usually signifies a relaxed state of being, so I assume Vegeta was suppressing his power by a good margin like Goku and Gohan were before the Cell Games and based on how dismissive Vegeta was being of Cell, Dabura and Gohan in babidi's space ship, I would have to say that the kids in their super saiyan forms are at least around Vegeta and future trunks strength's were when they fought durning the cell game's or a little higher.

Bringing this back to the main topic, if you managed to read though that lump above, If Goten and Trunks were seemingly as strong as cell saga-ish Vegeta and Future trunks, then Piccolo has reached a power almost on par with the Ultra Super Saiyans, which I think is a more than fair leap in power after 7 years of training. The Manga tends to put limitations on the non Saiyan characters, more or less to show how terrifying they are when it come's to their strength limits. Piccolo might just be the strongest namek ever, and yet his power compared to even the weaker Saiyan's that we follow is like comparing a bucket of water to a pool of water.

Sorry for that being so long, I just kind of got on a roll with that one.

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:13 am

About as strong as vegeta after training in rosat .

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:04 am

TJVY wrote:Where do you think Piccolo stands in terms of strength currently and how do you think the character will progress in the near future?

Piccolo's easily my favourite character, at times I feel as though Toriyama has forgotten how powerful he really is. I've never agreed that Goten and Trunks are stronger than him and I definitely feel as though he would be able to trump Cell's suppressed Perfect form at the least by now. I would love to see him given more of an active role and I think his inclusion in RoF is a step in the right direction.

He got knocked out by zarbon level opponent in last movie. So around Zarbon level (22,000)

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:51 am

Ok i really was itching to write this but didnt know if i should.However it seems someone beat me to it,but ill say it anyways.

Where does piccolo stand,well below shisame thats for sure. :D

So gohan lost his mystic form thanks to not training and piccolo dropped to zarbon's level ^^.

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Post by TJVY » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:35 am

Goten and Trunks surpassing Piccolo was already humiliating enough, I am staying optimistic that Dragon Ball Super will reinvigorate his character and give him the shine he deserves, he is one of Toriyama's favourites after all.

Here's hoping!
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:20 am

shonenhikada wrote:
TJVY wrote:Where do you think Piccolo stands in terms of strength currently and how do you think the character will progress in the near future?

Piccolo's easily my favourite character, at times I feel as though Toriyama has forgotten how powerful he really is. I've never agreed that Goten and Trunks are stronger than him and I definitely feel as though he would be able to trump Cell's suppressed Perfect form at the least by now. I would love to see him given more of an active role and I think his inclusion in RoF is a step in the right direction.

He got knocked out by zarbon level opponent in last movie. So around Zarbon level (22,000)
Is there a specific guy that ko's him or some random guy in army ?

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:36 am

shonenhikada wrote:

Since when was Zarbon 22,000? Dodoria was around that, but Zarbon was certainly above that. Maybe griping over small details but I'd have Zarbon at 28,000 with his monster form close to 35,000.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat May 02, 2015 4:14 pm

Diotor wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:

Since when was Zarbon 22,000? Dodoria was around that, but Zarbon was certainly above that. Maybe griping over small details but I'd have Zarbon at 28,000 with his monster form close to 35,000.
His official Battle Power is 23,000 for human form and his monster form is beneath 30,000. The 23,000 makes sense, since he and Dodoria comment on how Vegeta's stronger than them when at 24,000. His monster form being beneath 30,000 is based on the fact that Vegeta is stronger than him after the zenkai bumped him up to that point.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat May 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Monster Zarbon can be at 30,000. Vegeta after all needed cheap tactics to get the upper hand.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Sat May 02, 2015 5:38 pm

shonenhikada wrote:He got knocked out by zarbon level opponent in last movie. So around Zarbon level (22,000)
If you guys think that Piccolo has a 20 - 30 thousand level battle power you're severely mistaken. He was an on-par adversary to Freeza's second form which was 1,000,000. When Shisami knocked Piccolo down he was tired and worn out from fighting hundreds of Freeza's lackeys.

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sat May 02, 2015 5:49 pm

One_Instance wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:He got knocked out by zarbon level opponent in last movie. So around Zarbon level (22,000)
If you guys think that Piccolo has a 20 - 30 thousand level battle power you're severely mistaken. He was an on-par adversary to Freeza's second form which was 1,000,000. When Shisami knocked Piccolo down he was tired and worn out from fighting hundreds of Freeza's lackeys.
I think that you totaly forgot about Piccolo vs Android 17,,,even after RoSaT he became atleast stronger than Semi Perfect Cell...

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Sun May 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Super Vegetto wrote:
One_Instance wrote:
I think that you totaly forgot about Piccolo vs Android 17,,,even after RoSaT he became atleast stronger than Semi Perfect Cell...
Exactly, someone that strong could never be comparable to Zarbon.