Where does Piccolo stand?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Where does Piccolo stand?

Post by TJVY » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:47 am

Where do you think Piccolo stands in terms of strength currently and how do you think the character will progress in the near future?

Piccolo's easily my favourite character, at times I feel as though Toriyama has forgotten how powerful he really is. I've never agreed that Goten and Trunks are stronger than him and I definitely feel as though he would be able to trump Cell's suppressed Perfect form at the least by now. I would love to see him given more of an active role and I think his inclusion in RoF is a step in the right direction.
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Where does Piccolo stand?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:02 am

I still think Piccolo train after Cell and Buu. I think he reach FPSSj by the end of DBZ.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:18 am

Outside Gohan's house.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:53 am

Far stronger than #18 or any non-Saiyan character, but rivaling the MSSJ's.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:08 am

I have Piccolo somewhere between Perfect Cell and SPC by the end of Z. To everyone else, he's a monster. To the Saiyans, he's nothing. He could really do with gaining a few levels of power to keep him relevant.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:18 am

He most definitely surpassed Perfect Cell by EoZ and most likely reached SPC level by the end of GT.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 am

ekrolo2 wrote:He most definitely surpassed Perfect Cell by EoZ and most likely reached SPC level by the end of GT.
GT Piccolo is above Buuhan, let alone SPC.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:35 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:He most definitely surpassed Perfect Cell by EoZ and most likely reached SPC level by the end of GT.
GT Piccolo is above Buuhan, let alone SPC.
Well I was referring to a GT where the powers didn't all shoot up to hell but yeah, you're right lol.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Piccolo by EOZ is as strong as MSSJ Gohan at the Cell Games.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Right now I have Piccolo in RoF between SSJ Goku (CG) and Perfect Cell (@Goku/Gohan). At EoZ he matches Trunks and Goten.

Numbers:

SSJ Goku (CG): 2,800,000,000
Piccolo (RoF): 3,000,000,000
Perfect Cell (@Goku/Gohan): 3,200,000,000
SSJ Gohan (CG)/SSJ Goten (RoSaT)/SSJ Trunks (RoSaT): 3,500,000,000
Piccolo (EoZ)/SSJ Trunks (EoZ)/SSJ Goten (EoZ): 4,000,000,000

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:00 pm

I either have Kamiccolo maxing out post-ROSAT and staying the same strength through the End of Z, or I have him as strong as Pure Evil Buu at the End of Z, depends on my mood.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:42 am

From the manga, I think his post-RoSaT improvements have been minimal. He seems to have hit a wall after that training.

So I think he's weaker than all the Boo arc Super Saiyans, enough that he wouldn't be able to put up a fight against any of them. And stronger than... basically the rest of the gang.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:37 pm

Goten and Trunks are not stronger than Piccolo. When Gotenks defuses inside Buutenks, he assumes Piccolo's form, implying that Piccolo is the strongest vessel Buu has currently absorbed.

Just putting that out there.

Anyways, Piccolo is basically the same now as he was in the Buu arc, only now we have new, stronger characters in the mix. I have him below Whis, Beerus, Goku, Vegeta, RoF Frieza, Gohan, and Mr.Buu. Soon, Uub will outclass him. Maybe even Pan.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:46 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Goten and Trunks are not stronger than Piccolo. When Gotenks defuses inside Buutenks, he assumes Piccolo's form, implying that Piccolo is the strongest vessel Buu has currently absorbed.

Anyways, Piccolo is basically the same now as he was in the Buu arc, only now we have new, stronger characters in the mix. I have him below Whis, Beerus, Goku, Vegeta, RoF Freeza, Gohan, and Mr.Buu. Soon, Uub will outclass him. Maybe even Pan.
He doesn't assume Piccolo's form. Buu gets facial structure and actual hands from the boys. The only thing he gets from Piccolo is the cape. We see what Buu looks like with just Piccolo absorbed, and it's clear the boys had a much greater effect on Buu than he did.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Goten and Trunks are not stronger than Piccolo. When Gotenks defuses inside Buutenks, he assumes Piccolo's form, implying that Piccolo is the strongest vessel Buu has currently absorbed.

Anyways, Piccolo is basically the same now as he was in the Buu arc, only now we have new, stronger characters in the mix. I have him below Whis, Beerus, Goku, Vegeta, RoF Freeza, Gohan, and Mr.Buu. Soon, Uub will outclass him. Maybe even Pan.
He doesn't assume Piccolo's form. Buu gets facial structure and actual hands from the boys. The only thing he gets from Piccolo is the cape. We see what Buu looks like with just Piccolo absorbed, and it's clear the boys had a much greater effect on Buu than he did.
Doesn't he keep the facial structure and hands throughout all his fusions (Gotenks, Piccolo, Gohan), with the only change being fingers and a nose? O.o
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:11 pm

Piccolo didn't get much power increase after the Cell Saga. He can train all he wants like Tien and the other supporting cast; he will never be as strong as EoZ Goku/Vegeta/Gohan.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:12 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

Doesn't he keep the facial structure and hands throughout all his fusions (Gotenks, Piccolo, Gohan), with the only change being fingers and a nose? O.o
No, Buutenks, Buuhan, and the Buu with Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo all have a stronger jawline and more defined facial features than regular Super Buu and Buuccolo.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:56 pm

It's never explicitly stated Buu gets the traits of the strongest person he absorbed, and every other piece of evidence points to SS Kids > Piccolo.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:04 pm

After the Cell arc, I believe Toriyama-sensei's perception of Piccolo's strength reduced to the following: Stronger than the human characters, weaker than the Saiyans. So while he should still be in the 2nd stage Cell realm or higher in power, he's not considered relevant enough to be distinguished in any way. It's a bit of a shame.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Duo wrote:After the Cell arc, I believe Toriyama-sensei's perception of Piccolo's strength reduced to the following: Stronger than the human characters, weaker than the Saiyans. So while he should still be in the 2nd stage Cell realm or higher in power, he's not considered relevant enough to be distinguished in any way. It's a bit of a shame.
Yeah, I agree with this. Piccolo's reduced to trash in the Buu arc, I almost feel like his RoSaT trip was unintentionally retconned out.