Was broly ssj2 or just lssj?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Was broly ssj2 or just lssj?

Post by flashback0180 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:21 pm

The transformation change looked like ssj2. But found no article about the title given to him. Lssj is still ssj 1

Ssj1 or ssj2 can be stronger than a ssj3. Ssj2 Vegeta being strongest than ssj3 goku(bog) proves this.

SPRSYJN
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Was broly ssj2 or just lssj?

Post by SPRSYJN » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:31 pm

SSJ2 is indicated by surges of electricity.

That moment you're referring to in BoG might be a special circumstance. Then again, I'm not even sure he was SSJ2 in that film.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:45 pm

SPRSYJN wrote:I'm not even sure he was SSJ2 in that film.
Heroes' victory mission has him as Ssj2 which makes sense seeing as he went all out on Beerus.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:19 pm

The 8th movie shows that there is a green-haired, beefing up transformation unique to Broly that appears to be between SSJ and USSJ in terms of strength. LSSJ was just a combination of that and regular SSJ, resulting in something that looked like USSJ2 but without the negative elements of USSJ transformations.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:29 pm

The hair isn't inherently green for the form. It's clearly blonde at the end of DBZ Movie 8, for all of 10 and what little bit he's not a blob in 11.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bacon Skittles » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:49 pm

No. Broly can make the standard Super Saiyan forms into Legendary.
So he can have regular Super Saiyan, but turn it Legendary. He does however achieve Legendary Super Saiyan 2 in Dragon Ball Heroes.

Standard Super Saiyan

Legendary Super Saiyan

Legendary Super Saiyan 2

Legendary Super Saiyan 3

Legendary Super Saiyan 4

Legendary Golden Oozaru

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:51 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The hair isn't inherently green for the form. It's clearly blonde at the end of DBZ Movie 8, for all of 10 and what little bit he's not a blob in 11.
I'm not saying his regular SSJ is green, I'm saying he has two transformations. In the flashbacks, he's shown with the regular SSJ, then we see this a few times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLtbZr-euhQ and finally he goes Legendary SSJ. He's also a bit less beefy in regular SSJ compared to green-haired SSJ. I see LSSJ as him combining both transformations. In movie 8, LSSJ is triggered by going SSJ in green-haired mode, while movie 10 he goes from regular to LSSJ. To me, this means he goes LSSJ by using one of the transformations while already in the other form.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:00 pm

I was never talking about his basic Super Saiyan stage. Just that his "Legendary" form is only green for a small fraction of the movies he appears. (Which is why it bugs me that he hair is always made green in promotional material, and not just a tint either.)

Green-ish when Movie 8 starts:

Yellow when it ends:

And yellow in the movies after:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:11 pm

Bacon Skittles wrote:Legendary Super Saiyan 4
Ugh, LSSJ4 makes so little sense. SSJ4 is supposed to be achieved by regaining control while in Golden Oozaru form. There's no way Broly can get control of anything since he's crazy :?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:38 pm

I'm pretty certain that Broly was just a LSSJ. I mean, if he were a SSJ2, he'd have that lighting aura surrounding him, but he didn't.

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Nah, he was SSGSSJ

And later became SSGSSJSSG or you can just call it LSSJ, and no, he never was a SSJ2...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:25 pm

Super Vegetto wrote:Nah, he was SSGSSJ

With him having this hair as a normal ssj do you think he'll get the form in heroes ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri May 01, 2015 7:52 pm

flashback0180 wrote:The transformation change looked like ssj2.
:eh: Since when did Super Saiyan 2 give huge muscles & blank eyes?
Marco Polo wrote:SSJ4 is supposed to be achieved by regaining control while in Golden Oozaru form. There's no way Broly can get control of anything since he's crazy :?
He can control Oozaru, since he can use his techniques as an Oozaru in DBHeroes.

Broli slowly grew more & more crazy, meaning that Paragus taught him how to control it before he became insane.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri May 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Ugh, LSSJ4 makes so little sense. SSJ4 is supposed to be achieved by regaining control while in Golden Oozaru form. There's no way Broly can get control of anything since he's crazy :?
This is the same video game series that gave us Janenba-Baby. They're just looking for new forms that look cool rather than focusing on trying to make sense from an in-universe perspective. Personally, I'm still waiting for SSj4 Raditz and Nappa.

Also, if Broli bulks up so much more than all the other characters for his various forms, shouldn't that flip around so that as a Super Saiyan God he'd look even younger and skinnier than Goku does?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.