If Goku and Gohan went in HTC first?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ Human
Regular

If Goku and Gohan went in HTC first?

Post by SSJ Human » Sat May 09, 2015 2:19 pm

What would have happened if Goku and Gohan went in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber first and Vegeta and Trunks were outside while Cell tried absorbing 17? Then after or if Cell absorbed him, Goku and Gohan were on the island with Semi-Perfect Cell, Android 16 and 18 and Krillin?

I think the story would have ended there, presuming they got the same training they had in going after. I think Goku or Gohan would have killed Cell since he's weaker than his perfect form.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Re: If Goku and Gohan went in HTC first?

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat May 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Kamiccolo and Tenshinhan would've died, since Goku couldn't save them.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Sat May 09, 2015 2:24 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Kamiccolo and Tenshinhan would've died, since Goku couldn't save them.
I would have thought that Trunks and Vegeta would have went to retrieve them, especially since Korin could have given them some Senzu Beans to take to the pair.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat May 09, 2015 2:26 pm

SSJ Human wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Kamiccolo and Tenshinhan would've died, since Goku couldn't save them.
I would have thought that Trunks and Vegeta would have went to retrieve them, especially since Karin could have given them some Senzu Beans to take to the pair.
How would they get away from Cell? They can't teleport.

Brian4205
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brian4205 » Sat May 09, 2015 2:33 pm

And Goku would probably let Cell reach his perfect form as well. Can't resist the challenge and all that jazz. But hey, Piccolo would probably be stronger by the boo saga by training with Goku in the other world. If there's a world to go back to.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat May 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Brian4205 wrote:And Goku would probably let Cell reach his perfect form as well. Can't resist the challenge and all that jazz. But hey, Piccolo would probably be stronger by the boo saga by training with Goku in the other world. If there's a world to go back to.
Goku does like a challenge, but he wouldn't give up someone's life for it [Android #18]. I doubt he'd let Cell reach perfection.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat May 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Tenshinhan and Piccolo die, but Goku kills Cell in second form. I can't imagine Goku letting 18 get absorbed.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sat May 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Goku is not a bad guy so the escalation would be the same as OP mentioned, not other way around,,,,but we could assume that Trunks wouldn't help saving Piccolo and Tien so that time could go in Cell's favor and result would be achiving Perfect form earlier,,,but in the end i assume that Cell would announce Cell Games and same things would happen...
Last edited by Super Vegetto on Sat May 09, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sat May 09, 2015 2:56 pm

Goku would become best friends with cell and thank him for killing tenshihan and piccolo.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 09, 2015 3:28 pm

I haven't really paid attention to that arc in a while. I suppose it depends on how much time actually passes in the original story between Cell managing to absorb 17 and when Vegeta and Trunks exit the RoSaT. As Vegeta and Trunks stayed in for the full year, but Goku and Gohan left early. If that month they didn't stay in there for got them out of the RoSaT before Cell got his hands on 17, then he'd just be screwed.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Sat May 09, 2015 4:20 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Tenshinhan and Piccolo die, but Goku kills Cell in second form. I can't imagine Goku letting 18 get absorbed.
Me neither. I firmly believe that Goku and Gohan would kill Cell in his second form and then bring Piccolo and Tien back with the Dragon Balls after getting Dende.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat May 09, 2015 4:41 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I haven't really paid attention to that arc in a while. I suppose it depends on how much time actually passes in the original story between Cell managing to absorb 17 and when Vegeta and Trunks exit the RoSaT. As Vegeta and Trunks stayed in for the full year, but Goku and Gohan left early. If that month they didn't stay in there for got them out of the RoSaT before Cell got his hands on 17, then he'd just be screwed.
Good point. Tenshinhan and Piccolo may survive if they left early enough.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat May 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Goku kills Cell.

Vegeta gets mad that Goku didn't give them the chance to see Perfect Cell, and attacks Goku. Trunks dies sacrificing himself to stop the battle, but Vegeta is too far in his madness to care at this point. Gohan rages over Trunks' death and goes SSJ2, saving Goku and killing Vegeta.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat May 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Goku would only let him transform if it wasn't for the fact that he'd be "killing" Android 18 in the process. I doubt he'd allow her to be sacrificed, even if she's deemed a villain out to slaughter him. That's just not the way he rows, even with his saiyan instincts.

What I think would happen is Goku's mercy getting in the way, and Cell taking advantage of this by self-destructing. Goku would sacrifice himself to stop him, Cell would return, catch 18 off-guard, absorb her, and it'd be up to Gohan to stop him. Gohan would ultimately lose, but Cell would see promise in him, resulting in the Cell Games. Gohan would now find himself forcefully put into a situation where he needs to take the position of his father, but this desire to avenge him would also give him the connection to Cell he lacked in the manga. During the time leading up to the tournament, he'd learn to hone into his hidden potential, and eventually tap into it completely, obliterating Cell in the process.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 09, 2015 5:42 pm

Kamiccolo and Tien would be dead for good, Goku would have killed Semi-Perfect Cell and #18 would have never been absorbed.

Jeff Styles

Post by Jeff Styles » Mon May 11, 2015 1:15 am

Didn't Goku and Gohan left the ROSAT 3 hours early?If so Goku and Gohan would go and finds the Androids before the Androids went to Kame house.Goku and Gohan take care of the Androids before Cell could arrive and be kills later on.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 11, 2015 1:31 am

What I think would happen:

- Goku kills Semi-Perfect Cell
- Piccolo and Tenshinhan would have died and been wish back to life later
- Vegeta would get mad that he didn't get the chance to fight Cell
- Both Goku and Vegeta fight each other for a while then Goku wins due to PIS
- Goku gets to see Goten be born
- Gohan may be a bit stronger since Goku would be alive and probably have him train once and a while
- Mr. Satan would never be popular since Cell never reach his perfect form
- Goku or Vegeta would have probably kill Dabra and Babidi seeing that Goku is alive and Vegeta would have never fallen under Babidi's spell
- Kaioshin takes Buu egg and takes it somewhere that no one can find it.
- Goten and Trunks would much weaker since Buu never hatch out of his egg.
- 2008 Jump Special would have likely play out the same.
- Beerus would have likely never try to destroy the Earth since there's no Fat Buu to piss him off.
- Freeza gets wish back later and everyone dies.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:02 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What I think would happen:

- Goku kills Semi-Perfect Cell
- Piccolo and Tenshinhan would have died and been wish back to life later
- Vegeta would get mad that he didn't get the chance to fight Cell
- Both Goku and Vegeta fight each other for a while then Goku wins due to PIS
- Goku gets to see Goten be born
- Gohan may be a bit stronger since Goku would be alive and probably have him train once and a while
- Mr. Satan would never be popular since Cell never reach his perfect form
- Goku or Vegeta would have probably kill Dabra and Babidi seeing that Goku is alive and Vegeta would have never fallen under Babidi's spell
- Kaioshin takes Buu egg and takes it somewhere that no one can find it.
- Goten and Trunks would much weaker since Buu never hatch out of his egg.
- 2008 Jump Special would have likely play out the same.
- Beerus would have likely never try to destroy the Earth since there's no Fat Buu to piss him off.
- Freeza gets wish back later and everyone dies.
Honestly, in this scenario, I think Dabura would kill them since Gohan would never have achieved SSJ2. Goku wouldn't have the training resources from Other World, and neither him or Vegeta would even be aware of a perfect ascension like SSJ2.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon May 11, 2015 2:10 pm

Tenshinhan and Piccolo die, Goku and/or Gohan kill Cell, Goku goes to new Namek gets Dende, Piccolo and Tenshinhan are brought back. Unless Goku can come up with a Super Saiyan 3 or alternative in the next seven years, I suppose Babidi will come and scrap them.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:10 pm

I think Goku and Vegeta would still likely reach SSj2 in the living world. Goku probably won't able to learn on how to become SSj3 given that him being dead would allow him to push himself beyond his limits without worrying about losing ki. I think the fighting pattern against Babidi would have been different since Goku wanted Gohan to fight Dabra knowing that he can defeat Cell. So it will likely go like this:

Vegeta vs. Pui Pui
Gohan vs. Yakon
Goku vs. Dabra

There would be no Majin Vegeta since Goku's is alive and Vegeta became Majin Vegeta because Vegeta didn't kept his mouth shut during Gohan's match with Dabra which lead him to fall under Babidi's spell.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/