Is Kibito just a really weak Kaioshin?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Is Kibito just a really weak Kaioshin?

Post by Dayspring » Mon May 11, 2015 12:28 pm

Prior to Goku and Gohan, nobody has been allowed on Kaioshinsei besides the Kaioshin... as explained by Kibito, who is supposed to not be a Kaioshin. He also explains that many Kaioshin including himself have tried to remove the Z-sword.

So is he actually a Kaioshin, just too weak to hold the title? Or perhaps is it possible he's a Kaioshin (titular, I mean) in training?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jeff Styles

Re: Is Kibito just a really weak Kaioshin?

Post by Jeff Styles » Mon May 11, 2015 12:49 pm

Dayspring wrote:Prior to Goku and Gohan, nobody has been allowed on Kaioshinsei besides the Kaioshin... as explained by Kibito, who is supposed to not be a Kaioshin. He also explains that many Kaioshin including himself have tried to remove the Z-sword.

So is he actually a Kaioshin, just too weak to hold the title? Or perhaps is it possible he's a Kaioshin (titular, I mean) in training?
Once the 4 kais were kills/absorbs by Buu,Supreme Kai track down Kibito and told him what happen.Fearly for Supreme Kai's safely Kibito becomes the bodyguard for Supreme Kai,since Supreme Kai stated he was the youngest and weakest of the 5 kais.

He needs to be protected because maybe the
Kaiju Tree was destroy by Buu or Bibidi to prevent any kais from being born.
Just my guess at best.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Mon May 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Though his character has not been explored in-depth, he definitely didn't seem to have the official title of even a regular Kai let alone a Kaioshin.

If Kibito truly was an actual Kaioshin, there's a chance he could have at least been briefly brought up or mentioned when East Kaioshin talks about how 4 out of 5 Kaioshins were destroyed.

I'm guessing there are other aspects to becoming a Kaioshin, but assuming strength is a variable, Kibito seems like a complete weakling. He couldn't even lift the Z Sword -- something base Gohan was able to do. Based on what Beerus said in BoG, the base Saiyans are still below Frieza. This only leads me to believe that Frieza is probably a good deal stronger than Kibito, and the way East Kaioshin talked about Frieza, he obviously isn't much of a threat. With that in mind, for Kibito to be substantially weaker than a someone East Kaioshin thought was complete garbage, only seems to point to the fact that Kibito is nothing more than a mere assistant / healer for the Kaioshin (not even a bodyguard).

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Mon May 11, 2015 7:24 pm

Well, there's obviously a ranking system that the Kaio use. So, maybe he's like a grade 1 Kaioshin that Kibito is on, while Kaioshin himself is on a completely different level.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon May 11, 2015 7:30 pm

He was probably flunked out of Kaioh school.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 15, 2015 9:15 pm

One_Instance wrote:Well, there's obviously a ranking system that the Kaio use. So, maybe he's like a grade 1 Kaioshin that Kibito is on, while Kaioshin himself is on a completely different level.
So like East Kaioshin = completed his B.A. in Kaioshin studies, while Kibito is in his first semester?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri May 15, 2015 9:19 pm

"Kibito" is taken from "attendant"... Maybe he's the same as whatever divine beings Mr. Popo and Karin are. Perhaps the Gods just create demi-gods/lesser divine beings to serve them; not unlike Piccolo Daimao creates Mazoku.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri May 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:He was probably flunked out of Kaioh school.
"He's not going to the Academy, is he, that boy? He'll never make a Time Lo-- Kaiōshin!"
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sat May 16, 2015 1:22 am

B wrote:"Kibito" is taken from "attendant"... Maybe he's the same as whatever divine beings Mr. Popo and Karin are. Perhaps the Gods just create demi-gods/lesser divine beings to serve them; not unlike Piccolo Daimao creates Mazoku.
So Popo and Karin are of the same rank as Kibito? But even King Kai never met Eastern Supreme Kai... but Kibito has.

hyperbeing1
Beyond Newbie

Post by hyperbeing1 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:11 pm

Personally i think kibito was a shin-jin,but i do not think he flunked kaio school. I remember the diaz saying he was around base gohan's level in the buu saga that should make him significantly stronger then any of the kaios in my view. also the apparent fact he was chosen to be eastern kaioshin's bodyguard and attendant suggest hes is very strong for a regular shin-jin. from what i remember kaios are shin-jins who were given the position to watch over the universe and are chosen if they are deemed worthy enough. kibito on the other hand is given the task of working directly with a kaioshin and is allowed to set foot on the planet of the kaioshins something i recall even the dakaio was not permitted to do. over all i do not thing kibito was a "weak" kaioshin but rather a significantly powerful and proficient "shin-jin"
p.s i do apologize for any misspelling i am still getting used using the more Japanese terms for the characters. i also apologize if this comes across as rude and such i am still getting used to typing in forums and interacting with the public in general.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Angelus wrote:
B wrote:"Kibito" is taken from "attendant"... Maybe he's the same as whatever divine beings Mr. Popo and Karin are. Perhaps the Gods just create demi-gods/lesser divine beings to serve them; not unlike Piccolo Daimao creates Mazoku.
So Popo and Karin are of the same rank as Kibito? But even King Kai never met Eastern Supreme Kai... but Kibito has.
Because Kibito would have been assigned to Kaioshin, if this were the case. Kaio never meeting him is irrelevant, as he wouldn't be assigned to follow the guy around.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat May 16, 2015 2:42 pm

hyperbeing1 wrote:Personally i think kibito was a shin-jin,but i do not think he flunked kaio school. I remember the diaz saying he was around base gohan's level in the buu saga that should make him significantly stronger then any of the kaios in my view. also the apparent fact he was chosen to be eastern kaioshin's bodyguard and attendant suggest hes is very strong for a regular shin-jin. from what i remember kaios are shin-jins who were given the position to watch over the universe and are chosen if they are deemed worthy enough. kibito on the other hand is given the task of working directly with a kaioshin and is allowed to set foot on the planet of the kaioshins something i recall even the dakaio was not permitted to do. over all i do not thing kibito was a "weak" kaioshin but rather a significantly powerful and proficient "shin-jin"
p.s i do apologize for any misspelling i am still getting used using the more Japanese terms for the characters. i also apologize if this comes across as rude and such i am still getting used to typing in forums and interacting with the public in general.
Not even close I'm afraid.Remember the z sword.Base gohan was able to hold it and swing around with it.After he gave it to kibito,he couldnt even budge it from the ground let alone partially lift it.So ye he's far bellow the base saiyans.As shown when goku wielded the z sword he had about as much difficulty with it as base gohan had.

supercat

Post by supercat » Sat May 16, 2015 3:15 pm

Kibito has displayed no feats whatsoever that show any indication that he is more powerful than the base saiyans. In fact, his inability to even budge the Z-Sword clearly shows that he is well below them. He just happens to be one of those characters where even power scaling is not applicable. With that in mind, the Z-Sword comparison with Gohan is probably the best thing we have to go by in terms of his power. At least for East Kaioshin, we get some form of power comparison where Frieza is mentioned.

hyperbeing1
Beyond Newbie

Post by hyperbeing1 » Sat May 16, 2015 4:54 pm

supercat wrote:Kibito has displayed no feats whatsoever that show any indication that he is more powerful than the base saiyans. In fact, his inability to even budge the Z-Sword clearly shows that he is well below them. He just happens to be one of those characters where even power scaling is not applicable. With that in mind, the Z-Sword comparison with Gohan is probably the best thing we have to go by in terms of his power. At least for East Kaioshin, we get some form of power comparison where Freeza is mentioned.
actually i am getting my information from the diaz and it is possible he is just physically weaker then gohan at his base. Also bare in mind gohan had a zenkai at the time after he was nearly killed by majin buu. I remember hitiro i believe saying something along the lines that it is possible gohan is better able to channel ki to his physical strength then kibito or maybe kibito is better with using energy attacks or maybe has to rely on psychic or magical powers. also that was a semi gag scene and it doesn't suggest gohan is more powerful just physically stronger and again i never said he was equal or stronger then gohan merely that he is at maybe 75% as the diaz said he would be able to fight gohan at his base and give him considerable trouble. and as i wish to state i am comparing him to the pre-zenkai gohan.
Last edited by hyperbeing1 on Sat May 16, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 16, 2015 4:55 pm

hyperbeing1 wrote:
supercat wrote:Kibito has displayed no feats whatsoever that show any indication that he is more powerful than the base saiyans. In fact, his inability to even budge the Z-Sword clearly shows that he is well below them. He just happens to be one of those characters where even power scaling is not applicable. With that in mind, the Z-Sword comparison with Gohan is probably the best thing we have to go by in terms of his power. At least for East Kaioshin, we get some form of power comparison where Freeza is mentioned.
actually i am getting my information from the diaz and it is possible he is just physically weaker then gohan at his base. Also bare in mind gohan had a zenkai at the time after he was nearly killed by majin buu.
When?
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

hyperbeing1
Beyond Newbie

Post by hyperbeing1 » Sat May 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
hyperbeing1 wrote:
actually i am getting my information from the diaz and it is possible he is just physically weaker then gohan at his base. Also bare in mind gohan had a zenkai at the time after he was nearly killed by majin buu.
When?
i already stated when. when majin buu nearly killed him.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 16, 2015 5:02 pm

hyperbeing1 wrote: i already stated when. when majin buu nearly killed him.
When did it say he got a near death power up?
Malik_DBNA wrote:

hyperbeing1
Beyond Newbie

Post by hyperbeing1 » Sat May 16, 2015 5:05 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
does it have to say he got a near death power up? We know how zenkai work. A zenkai happens when a saiyan is beaten to near death and recover in which they gain power. I heard something along the lines of zenkai however losing this effect over time that the power increase gets smaller and smaller as the saiyan in question gets stronger.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 16, 2015 5:50 pm

hyperbeing1 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
does it have to say he got a near death power up? We know how zenkai work. A zenkai happens when a saiyan is beaten to near death and recover in which they gain power. I heard something along the lines of zenkai however losing this effect over time that the power increase gets smaller and smaller as the saiyan in question gets stronger.
We know they stopped occuring after they the Freeza Arc. So yes, if you claim he got one, then it needs to be stated somewhere.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

supercat

Post by supercat » Sat May 16, 2015 5:52 pm

hyperbeing1 wrote:
actually i am getting my information from the diaz and it is possible he is just physically weaker then gohan at his base. Also bare in mind gohan had a zenkai at the time after he was nearly killed by majin buu. I remember hitiro i believe saying something along the lines that it is possible gohan is better able to channel ki to his physical strength then kibito or maybe kibito is better with using energy attacks or maybe has to rely on psychic or magical powers. also that was a semi gag scene and it doesn't suggest gohan is more powerful just physically stronger and again i never said he was equal or stronger then gohan merely that he is at maybe 75% as the diaz said he would be able to fight gohan at his base and give him considerable trouble. and as i wish to state i am comparing him to the pre-zenkai gohan.

Personally, I've never subscribed to the theory of Eastern Kaioshin or Kibito using some kind of Kai magic to keep up with the Z-Fighters. The whole scene with Eastern Kaioshin immobilizing Gohan to me seemed like nothing more than Kaioshin's way of manipulating ki. He may leverage his attacks / ki in such a way where its outward appearance can resemble magic.

Going back on topic, Gohan seemed like he was doing his best to mask his identity during the tournament. This most likely means he cannot fight anywhere near his full potential in base. Fighting all bundled up like that while making sure his shades don't fall off could be challenging against even against someone like Krillin. Even if Gohan did get a Zenkai, I find it unlikely that piror to his Zenkai he would be at the point where he can't even budge the Z-Sword. What I gather from this is Kibito is likely a good amount weaker than a Base Gohan (at full power) who hasn't been taking his training seriously.