Would Potara Goku/Gohan fusion be stronger than Vegetto?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

Would Potara Goku/Gohan fusion be stronger than Vegetto?

Post by Bacon Skittles » Wed May 13, 2015 10:21 pm

<deleted>
Last edited by Bacon Skittles on Sun May 23, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Would Potara Goku/Gohan fusion be stronger than Vegetto?

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 13, 2015 10:39 pm

If you're talking about Ultimate Gohan, then yes, "Gokuhan" would have been an waaaaayyyy stronger potara fusion then Vegetto was.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:59 pm

Didn't Old Kai state somewhere that Goku and Vegeta's rivalry made their fusion even stronger? If that's the case, maybe Gokuhan would only be equal or even slightly inferior.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:05 pm

Mystic Gohan is already way above Vegeta and making Gokhan way above SSj Vegito in terms of power. Gokhan would beat the crap out of Buutenks in seconds until the fusion is over.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed May 13, 2015 11:51 pm

Given the wildly varying strengths of the three Potara fusions we see, I don't think it's as simple as "more power = more power".

Gohan is waaaay beyond Goku at this point, and while that could mean his raw strength makes the fusion powerful, it could also mean the fusion fizzles like Kibitokai, or the theorized Gokule.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Thu May 14, 2015 3:10 am

Rocketman wrote:Given the wildly varying strengths of the three Potara fusions we see, I don't think it's as simple as "more power = more power".

Gohan is waaaay beyond Goku at this point, and while that could mean his raw strength makes the fusion powerful, it could also mean the fusion fizzles like Kibitokai, or the theorized Gokule.
I agree with this. I believe the fusion wouldn't get more powerful, but instead of being as drastic as Vegetto it could end up with Gohans power x 5-10 IMO. Still really good but not Vegetto. I just believe it's that because the difference between Goku and Gohan is too drastic.

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: Preferably somewhere in Kansai,Chuubu or Kanto. Someday!

Post by Haji » Thu May 14, 2015 3:34 am

At that time Gohan was more powerful than Vegeta, so it would seem that Gokkuhan would be stronger.
Also something i have wondered about, does the ultimate power up let Gohan use SSJ3 power in base form? surely it dose, Gohan was beating super buu.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu May 14, 2015 5:13 am

Gokhan wouldn't have as much of the rivalry boost as Vegetto had, but the Gohan half is MUCH stronger than the Vegeta half, so, IMO, that would more than compensate for the power that Gokhan wouldn't gain due to not having a rivalry boost. So, Gokhan would end up stronger than Vegetto overall.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:25 am

Rocketman wrote:Given the wildly varying strengths of the three Potara fusions we see, I don't think it's as simple as "more power = more power".

Pretty much what I go for. I think a Gokan would just fall into a similar category as Kibitoshin. I think the closer the the BP, the better, as well as some compatibility traits too.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu May 14, 2015 5:34 am

Old Kaioshin was confident in a Goku - Gohan fusion and even stated that the fusion might win in his normal/base form if I remember correctly, so I highly doubt it would backfire or be underwhelming.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu May 14, 2015 1:01 pm

rereboy wrote:Old Kaioshin was confident in a Goku - Gohan fusion and even stated that the fusion might win in his normal/base form if I remember correctly, so I highly doubt it would backfire or be underwhelming.
I don't think it would be underwhelming in the sense that it couldn't beat Buu - Son Go* would crush Buu handily, especially since Buu couldn't absorb Gohan in this scenario.

But it's not like Vegetto was putting forth any kind of effort either, so there's not much comparison possible. At absolute maximum, I think Vegetto would be stronger than Go*, but when the hell would that ever happen?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 14, 2015 1:11 pm

I would imagine Goku and Gohan did fuse together then they would end up getting absorb in order to save Goten, Trunks and Piccolo inside of them. I think nothing would have changed other than not having Uub be born.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 15, 2015 8:16 pm

I don't know. The two weaker potara fusions consisted of a Kaioshin and someone weaker than a Kaioshin, whereas Vegetto and "Gokuhan" both have component people who are stronger than a Kaioshin. If it was a matter of other factors instead of higher power, than Elder Kaioshin would have had Goku fuse with East Kaioshin instead of with Gohan.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.