Zetto Senshi and emenies speed

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Zetto Senshi and emenies speed

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:28 am

Super Vegetto wrote: That's instant transmission, not super speed...
You're missing the point. They realized that it really was "instant" because they didn't believe that Goku could move quickly enough to accomplish that feat.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun May 17, 2015 6:33 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
You're missing the point. They realized that it really was "instant" because they didn't believe that Goku could move quickly enough to accomplish that feat.
Lol,,Vegeta didn't realize that at first...

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:35 am

Super Vegetto wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Lol,,Vegeta didn't realize that at first...
Because Vegeta can't see Roshi's sunglasses through the back of Goku's head.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun May 17, 2015 6:42 am

...Mind the glasses,,he thought that it was speed, but it wasn't,,,for others i don't give a f..

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:50 am

Super Vegetto wrote:...Mind the glasses,,he thought that it was speed, but it wasn't,,,for others i don't give a f..
He thought it was speed until he realized how far Goku had gone.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun May 17, 2015 6:52 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Super Vegetto wrote:...Mind the glasses,,he thought that it was speed, but it wasn't,,,for others i don't give a f..
That's what i said...

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:55 am

Super Vegetto wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
That's what i said...
So you agree that Vegeta did not think Goku was fast enough to make it to Roshi's and back in 3 seconds?
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun May 17, 2015 7:05 am

Vegeta didn't even know that Goku went all the way to Roshi when he said that...

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:08 am

Super Vegetto wrote:Vegeta didn't even know that Goku went all the way to Roshi when he said that...
Exactly! He thought Goku was using super speed at first, and then, once Vegeta realized how far Goku had gone, he knew that Goku had to have teleported there, since he wouldn't have been fast enough to go that far and back so quickly.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun May 17, 2015 7:11 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Super Vegetto wrote:Vegeta didn't even know that Goku went all the way to Roshi when he said that...
Exactly! He thought Goku was using super speed at first, and then, once Vegeta realized how far Goku had gone, he knew that Goku had to have teleported there, since he wouldn't have been fast enough to go that far and back so quickly.
I know that,,maybe you should explain shonenhikada this and not me...

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:15 am

Super Vegetto wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
I know that,,maybe you should explain shonenhikada this and not me...
That's what Shonenhikada was pointing out to begin with! You completely missed the point of his post.

And stop with the ellipses after all your posts. It's either annoying, or condescending. Cut it out.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun May 17, 2015 7:26 am

He was pointing out what ? 3 sec in manga....................?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon May 18, 2015 12:01 pm

Super Vegetto wrote:
That's instant transmission, not super speed...
They implicitly agree that it would be impossible for Goku to cover that distance that fast without teleporting.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon May 18, 2015 12:41 pm

Re: Shunkan Ido
I don't believe that Goku could travel 20000 km in 3 seconds at this point, but where is this part about it taking him 3 seconds coming from? I can't remember reading anything like that before.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon May 18, 2015 2:36 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:Re: Shunkan Ido
I don't believe that Goku could travel 20000 km in 3 seconds at this point, but where is this part about it taking him 3 seconds coming from? I can't remember reading anything like that before.
Obviously, we don't have an accurate depiction of the passage of time in the manga, but its clear that its meant to be very quick. It doesn't really matter if it was 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 6 seconds or 8 seconds, it just matters that it was very quick, aka just a few moments.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon May 18, 2015 3:01 pm

rereboy wrote:
Super Vegetto wrote:
That's instant transmission, not super speed...
They implicitly agree that it would be impossible for Goku to cover that distance that fast without teleporting.
I don't think they implicitly agree that it would be impossible for Goku to cover that distance that fast without teleporting. I mean that is a possibility but it isn't the only one we could conclude. I would imagine if he could travel at that speed he would be extremely exhausted. That's why they only ever use their super speed during fights where they only need to use it in bursts over short distances. Energy requirements, as you get faster, start to get ridiculous the more you approach the speed of light. I mean travelling at the speed he used across Snake Way he should reach Kame-sennin's place in nearly 30 mins post Kaio training, and he was exhausted after doing that too. Post Namek Goku is 333x more powerful than his post Kaio training-self.
Last edited by Hitiro on Mon May 18, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon May 18, 2015 3:09 pm

rereboy wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote:Re: Shunkan Ido
Obviously, we don't have an accurate depiction of the passage of time in the manga, but its clear that its meant to be very quick. It doesn't really matter if it was 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 6 seconds or 8 seconds, it just matters that it was very quick, aka just a few moments.
Yeah I know that, but it seems to be faster than 3 seconds IMO. It's just there and back pretty much instantaneously. Well that's the way I see it anyway.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon May 18, 2015 3:15 pm

Hitiro wrote:I don't think they implicitly agree that it would be impossible for Goku to cover that distance that fast without teleporting. I mean that is a possibility but it isn't the only one we could conclude. I would imagine if he could travel at that speed he would be extremely exhausted. That's why they only ever use their super speed during fights where they only need to use it in bursts over short distances. Energy requirements, as you get faster, start to get ridiculous the more you approach the speed of light.
The intent of the scene was clear, imo. Their reactions tells us that the distance he covered was simply too great, too fast, for it to be conceivably possible without teleportation, otherwise they would continue to argue, like Vegeta initially did, that it was just super speed.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon May 18, 2015 3:23 pm

rereboy wrote:
Hitiro wrote:I don't think they implicitly agree that it would be impossible for Goku to cover that distance that fast without teleporting. I mean that is a possibility but it isn't the only one we could conclude. I would imagine if he could travel at that speed he would be extremely exhausted. That's why they only ever use their super speed during fights where they only need to use it in bursts over short distances. Energy requirements, as you get faster, start to get ridiculous the more you approach the speed of light.
The intent of the scene was clear, imo. Their reactions tells us that the distance he covered was simply too great, too fast, for it to be conceivably possible without teleportation, otherwise they would continue to argue, like Vegeta initially did, that it was just super speed.
Sorry, I re-edited my comment to include more information. I said that, post Kaio training, Goku would have reached Kame-sennin's in nearly 30 mins travelling the speed he was going across Snake Way. And he was exhausted after that. Post Namek, Goku is 333x stronger if you believe he hit 3 million on Namek. It isn't inconceivable for him to travel to Kame-sennin's and back in zero time flat if he had gotten at least over 30 times faster, at least. Though like I said, he would be exhausted.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon May 18, 2015 4:00 pm

There's no indication in the manga of a clear correspondence between power level and speed (as in someone with 2000 in power level will be twice as fast as someone with 1000) and Dragon Ball never aimed to be perfectly consistent regarding those matters anyway. I think that the intent of the scene is the paramount factor.