Male and Female Potara Fusion?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zephyr
I Live Here

Male and Female Potara Fusion?

Post by Zephyr » Sun May 17, 2015 6:05 am

I was about to ask "is it possible?", but then I remembered the Elder Kaioshin, and how he fused with a witch. Now, implicitly, it seems the "previous generations East Kaioshin" was a male, with the witch being female, but that may not actually be the case.

Somewhere I remember it being said that the Kaio and Kaioshin are in fact gender/sex-less, like the Namekians. Thus, there are no males or females.

This then makes the example not an answer to the question of "can a male fuse with a female via potara?"

Which then brings me to my second question. If it is indeed possible.....what happens exactly, in terms of genitalia? Is the resulting fusion a male or female, depending on the "dominance" of one fusee or another? Is it merely an intersex/hermaphrodite? Like, in-universe theorizing time. Please, no need for any sort of social/political discussions about sex or gender, as I could see that being a thing whenever this topic gets brought up.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Male and Female Potara Fusion?

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 17, 2015 8:08 am

I would assume the stronger of the two fighters would determine gender.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun May 17, 2015 10:58 am

Hermaphroditos was the son of Hermes and Aphrodite. Born a exceptionally beautiful (but fully male) boy, one day in his youth he journeyed to a hot spring to bathe. There he caught the eye of the water nymph Salmacis and she attempted to seduce him. Too young to understand her flirting, he rebuffed her, so she pretended to leave and waited until he stripped off his clothing to bathe. Then she raped him. Mid-rape she prayed that they would never be separated, and so their bodies fused together.

Hermaphoditos was portrayed with the body and form of a woman, but the vigor and genitalia of a man. Appropriately, the god was invoked at weddings.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun May 17, 2015 11:24 am

There is a chance of it resulting in a drag queen.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 17, 2015 1:34 pm

There was an old comic book called Doom Patrol where a man and a woman fused into one being... but this being wore a trenchcoat and mask all the time so we had no idea what he/she/it looked like.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SSJ Human
Regular

If a male and female fuse...

Post by SSJ Human » Sun May 24, 2015 5:25 pm

I think the result will always be female. The reason I'm saying this is because Toriyama once stated it would likely be a drag queen, but honestly, a flat-out female would be a better idea and more practical.

Anyone else have any theories on what would happen?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If a male and female fuse...

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 24, 2015 6:07 pm

Usually the result is a child. :P
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun May 24, 2015 6:19 pm

Well here's a male and a hermaphrodite.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Sun May 24, 2015 7:05 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Usually the result is a child. :P
Haha. I meant with the dance or earrings, not the bed.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:13 pm

My best guess would be that they would look neither male or female. As for their genitalia, it'd probably be something akin to that teacher from the 1st episode of "Bible Black".
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun May 24, 2015 7:40 pm

You would get this...
I don't know what the hell Tenshinhan and Bulma were thinking... :|
In the end we got... Tenbulhan...
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun May 24, 2015 7:42 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:You would get this...
So a tranny xD

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun May 24, 2015 7:44 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Well here's a male and a hermaphrodite.
Dende's not a hermaphrodite. Hermaphrodites can have or have male and female sex organs. Namekians are asexual and therefore, presumably, have neither.
Super Vegetto wrote:So a tranny xD
That term is... generally considered offensive, just so you know.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 24, 2015 7:49 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:You would get this...
What the hell? :wtf:

This is the first time I've seen something like this, and it will be the last.

Anyways, I sure that if a male and female were to fuse a hermaphrodite would be the result.

IDreamtIWasABee
Beyond Newbie

Post by IDreamtIWasABee » Sun May 24, 2015 7:50 pm

Either they complete each other and lack sex-specific characteristics or they combine them.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:
Super Vegetto wrote:So a tranny xD
That term is... generally considered offensive, just so you know.
Really? Is there a slang term for Transexuals that isn't offensive?

I usually don't care about what is or isn't offensive because me and all my friends (straight/gay/bi) call each other "c*m guzzling f*gg*ts" all the time. But for use in casual conversation what do you call transsexuals? Even in casual conversation with people I'm not close to I use the term Tranny and no one has called me out on it. I had a simliar situation with the word "Jap" I used it for years not knowing it was derogatory until a teacher called me out on it.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun May 24, 2015 7:55 pm

Well, as a bit of a preface, I'm kinda surprised I said that at all because I'm not usually one to do so. It just happened to pop up as I was submitting my post, and transgender stuff doesn't get enough awareness, so I figured it was worth mentioning since a lot of people don't seem to know what "acceptable" terminology is. Quite frankly, I'm glad you and your friends are able to sling terms like that around freely because, for me, intention trumps word use.

But to answer your question, "trans" is generally the accepted abbreviation for transgender.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Mon May 25, 2015 12:04 am

Again, I feel that if such a thing were to ever happen in the canon, we'd just get a female. I think that's for the best and would make the most sense.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon May 25, 2015 6:37 am

Looks male to me.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon May 25, 2015 8:58 am

Just because he looks "male" (which is largely a social construct anyway) doesn't mean he is male. Does he fertilize an egg in reproduction? If not, he is not of the male sex. If he does not identify as a male, then he is not a male by gender.
SSJ Human wrote:Again, I feel that if such a thing were to ever happen in the canon, we'd just get a female. I think that's for the best and would make the most sense.
You've piqued my curiosity. Why does a female make the most sense?