SSJ2 Mastering

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Periskir

SSJ2 Mastering

Post by Periskir » Sun May 17, 2015 1:08 pm

Is it possible for Goku and Gohan to ever master SSJ2? If they achieve it there is danger for Chi-chi and the others tobe burned by their bioelectricity :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sanyo96

Re: SSJ2 Mastering

Post by Sanyo96 » Sun May 17, 2015 2:23 pm

I would assume Goku has already mastered SSJ2, since he can go SSJ3.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun May 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Dragon Ball Heroes introduced orange lightnings, what if the "Super Saiyan 2 mastered" sparks orange lightnings? :P Would be interesting.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun May 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Maybe SSJ3 can be mastered to not use so much Ki? Obviously MUST be done in the Overworld, and the user should master it gradually, like having 1 day of transforming and 1 of rest and gradually increasing... Maybe it could work, and there could be a SSJ4 (not GT version)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun May 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Dyno wrote:Dragon Ball Heroes introduced orange lightnings, what if the "Super Saiyan 2 mastered" sparks orange lightnings? :P Would be interesting.
In the colored manga and the Kai openings, they use orange lightning over blue as well. I guess that's how it was supposed to be from the beginning, but Toei used blue (which looks cooler, imo). =/

On-topic - I honestly feel SSJ2 has been integrated into SSJ in modern DBZ, so you can sort of think of it as being "mastered" without it even being used, if that makes sense.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 17, 2015 5:34 pm

I don't think it will ever be possible to master SSJ2. It just wastes too much energy.

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Sun May 17, 2015 8:13 pm

My pet theory that I don't think will ever be confirmed or denied:

SSJ: what Goku is capable of on Namek
SSJ Grade 2: this form is stronger than SSJ, has longer hair, slightly deforms the body (bulked up muscles), and is not energy-efficient
FPSSJ: what Goku uses against Cell, much more powerful than SSJ Grade 2

SSJ2: what Gohan uses against Cell
SSJ2 Grade 2: this form is stronger than SSJ2, has longer hair, slightly deforms the body (heavy brow), and is not energy-efficient (and for nearly two decades, we've been mistakenly calling this SSJ3)
FPSSJ2: what Vegeta uses against Beers, much more powerful than SSJ2 Grade 2 (aka SSJ3)

If it hadn't been for the advent of SSJG, and the subsequent establishment that ultimately the form to use is "Full, full, full, full power SSJ", I think Vegeta's so-called Rage Boost would've been "Mastered SSJ2".
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!