Dying while being Dead

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Dying while being Dead

Post by samuraix123 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Hey guys! I was just thinking if maybe in the new series we might see a character get killed again while being dead in the after life? that'd be pretty dark because that person would never exist...or would they? you'd think there would be like an after life for the after life? :P I'm just gonna say for example it happens to Piccolo or Krillin you know there'd have to be some way to bring them back?
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dying while being Dead

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:46 pm

It would be so funny (in a dark, morbid way) if that happened to Uub in the first episode after so many years of wanting to see him in action.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:04 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:It would be so funny (in a dark, morbid way) if that happened to Uub in the first episode after so many years of wanting to see him in action.
Don't say thaaaaat! :( :lol: I would like to see something like that happened though because just imagine the new level it would people either Goku or Vegeta on to know that their best friend or loved one is never ever coming back again! that I guess we could get some filler of them going and trying to rescue them some how?
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:40 pm

Well, according to Einstein's theory it's impossible to destroy energy, only to convert it.

Would Vegeta's energy scatter throughout the universe or would his soul gradually reincarnate? That'd be more of a question for Toriyama.
Sean Schemmel is THE MAN! :)

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Wed May 27, 2015 12:37 am

It's been said before (by Piccolo in the Buu Saga) that when someone evil dies, their body is gone and their soul cleansed of its memories and everything. They are then turned into someone new and born. I don't think that applies to Vegeta at this point, but of characters like Frieza I'm sure it will eventually happen.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Wed May 27, 2015 3:17 am

That would certainly be a good way to raise the stakes of the plot. I mean, the Dragonballs kinda removed a lot of drama after it was established that you could easily just wish back anyone who died.
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed May 27, 2015 3:55 am

If somebody dies while being dead in DB they cease to exist, Goku mentions it to Vegeta when he tries to stall Pure Boo for a minute.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 27, 2015 11:18 am

Well, a character dying while being dead would certainly raise a lot more tension and drama, considering that if a person dies while they are already dead, they cease to exist.

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Wed May 27, 2015 11:39 am

SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:It's been said before (by Piccolo in the Buu Saga) that when someone evil dies, their body is gone and their soul cleansed of its memories and everything. They are then turned into someone new and born. I don't think that applies to Vegeta at this point, but of characters like Freeza I'm sure it will eventually happen.
Frieza was already revived in new movie so i dont think that Piccolos theory make sense, besides for Kid boo aka Oob.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Super Vegetto wrote:
SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:It's been said before (by Piccolo in the Buu Saga) that when someone evil dies, their body is gone and their soul cleansed of its memories and everything. They are then turned into someone new and born. I don't think that applies to Vegeta at this point, but of characters like Freeza I'm sure it will eventually happen.
Freeza was already revived in new movie so i dont think that Piccolos theory make sense, besides for Kid boo aka Oob.
It's not Piccolo's "theory." That's how DB death works.

Besides, the thing in Hell is obviously not Freeza's body, anyway. We see Freeza's body right after that. It's all chopped up and half-mechanical.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

BlackMagick
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BlackMagick » Wed May 27, 2015 12:23 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:

Besides, the thing in Hell is obviously not Freeza's body, anyway. We see Freeza's body right after that. It's all chopped up and half-mechanical.
Okay, well keeping that in mind, what constitutes as "keeping your body"? The meaning of that seems to be lost. In the manga, after Goku died the first time, didn't Enma make a point that Goku was allowed to keep his body in the afterlife or something? Remember we saw that long line of spirits waiting to be judged? I was under the impression that those were the people that didn't get to keep their bodies. I don't know, that whole mess is screwy. :lol:

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Wed May 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Super Vegetto wrote:
Freeza was already revived in new movie so i dont think that Piccolos theory make sense, besides for Kid boo aka Oob.

Yeah i messed up with saying theory...

We see Goku's full body after getting blown up into nothingness by Cell's self destruct moments after,,,i mean the writing is so bad that he made Frieza more like Majin boo when he is still alive in little pieces,,,i guess that was poor excuse to not show Freeza on Earth because he would destroy it the moment he was resurected or some sheet...

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Super Vegetto wrote:

We see Goku's full body after getting blown up into nothingness by Cell's self destruct moments after,,,i mean the writing is so bad that he made Freeza more like Majin boo when he is still alive in little pieces,,,i guess that was poor excuse to not show Freeza on Earth because he would destroy it the moment he was resurected or some sheet...
I don't think "bad writing" is the term you're looking for.

If it is, then why is this bad, exactly?
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Wed May 27, 2015 3:53 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Super Vegetto wrote:

We see Goku's full body after getting blown up into nothingness by Cell's self destruct moments after,,,i mean the writing is so bad that he made Freeza more like Majin boo when he is still alive in little pieces,,,i guess that was poor excuse to not show Freeza on Earth because he would destroy it the moment he was resurected or some sheet...

Meh i'l just let it go and you go figure it out

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Goku told Vegeta if he dies while being dead then his body is erase forever. Even in the filler scene in the Buu saga where Kid Buu arrived at the Grand Kai planet that if Buu blows up the Planet then all of them will be gone forever.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:35 pm

Super Vegetto wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Super Vegetto wrote:

Meh i'l just let it go and you go figure it out
All I'm getting is that you're confusing something you either don't like or don't understand with "bad writing."
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Thu May 28, 2015 11:27 am

...Nah, you just don't want to admit that it's bad writing.