Why didn't the Z-Senshi just wish during the 3 year gap

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shonenhikada
Banned

Why didn't the Z-Senshi just wish during the 3 year gap

Post by shonenhikada » Sun May 31, 2015 1:25 pm

So logically speaking. Rather than wasting their time preparing for the androids. Why didn't the Z-senshi just do the following:

During the 3 year time gap.Wish for:

1) All members in their team to be immortal

Or

2) Ask the dragon to reveal the location where the androids were being created.

or

3) Kill the scientist creating the androids.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Re: Why didn't the Z-Senshi just wish during the 3 year gap

Post by Rocketman » Sun May 31, 2015 1:27 pm

Because Vegeta would kill them.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun May 31, 2015 1:28 pm

Bulma suggested to wish for their whereabouts and Vegeta said no, because he wanted to fight, Tenshinhan too. Goku said the same thing but he also said he hadn't done anything bad yet, so it'd be mean.

And I just presume nobody wanted to become immortal.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:33 pm

1. They have standards. Won't wanna mess with nature like that.

2. That was already brought by Bulma. Krillin agreed but the others (namely Goku and Vegeta) shut it down in favor of welcoming the challenge.

3. That'd be pretty extreme for a bunch of superpowered warriors to kill a defenseless old man for something he hasn't done yet. Such as been mentioned by Goku himself. Wouldn't wanna kill Hitler as a kid for the holocaust, would you?
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Sun May 31, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun May 31, 2015 1:33 pm

For item #1... Immortality is a double-edged sword. Sure, you'll survive your battles (though not necessarily WIN them if you're not strong enough), but then you're doomed to remain living forever, watching all your loved ones die one after the other while you remain trapped in a never-changing body, never getting to move on to the afterlife. No thanks.

As for the other two... they were already addressed in the story. Bulma suggested finding and whacking Dr. Gero ahead of time, but the others objected. Partially because he presumably hadn't done anything wrong yet, but also because they wanted to actually fight and test themselves. Even a few of the non-Saiyans.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sun May 31, 2015 1:39 pm

Kaboom wrote:For item #1... Immortality is a double-edged sword. Sure, you'll survive your battles (though not necessarily WIN them if you're not strong enough), but then you're doomed to remain living forever, watching all your loved ones die one after the other while you remain trapped in a never-changing body, never getting to move on to the afterlife. No thanks.

As for the other two... they were already addressed in the story. Bulma suggested finding and whacking Dr. Gero ahead of time, but the others objected. Partially because he presumably hadn't done anything wrong yet, but also because they wanted to actually fight and test themselves. Even a few of the non-Saiyans.
Technically they could just wish for temporary immortality. Like "I wish to be immortal for a year, 3 years from now."

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sun May 31, 2015 1:40 pm

Kaboom wrote:For item #1... Immortality is a double-edged sword. Sure, you'll survive your battles (though not necessarily WIN them if you're not strong enough), but then you're doomed to remain living forever, watching all your loved ones die one after the other while you remain trapped in a never-changing body, never getting to move on to the afterlife. No thanks.

He was a mad scientist involved in the red ribbon army and directly/indirectly responsible for killing thousands of people.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sun May 31, 2015 1:43 pm

shonenhikada wrote:He was a mad scientist involved in the red ribbon army and directly/indirectly responsible for killing thousands of people.
The future isn't set in stone though. As we saw in the story. Dr. Gero may have turned over a new leaf in the Z timeline rather than making the Androids and helped loads of people. Killing him before he has done anything would be silly.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun May 31, 2015 2:10 pm

It's only a waste of time if you subscribe to the notion that the characters' goal is to save the Earth. Most of the time, it isn't.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:16 pm

They could have wished for his location, and left him a fruit basket with a apology note for ruining his life.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun May 31, 2015 2:19 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:They could have wished for his location, and left him a fruit basket with a apology note for ruining his life.

Lmfaoo thats an option.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 31, 2015 3:01 pm

Though in those three years they should have gathered the dragonballs to wish for none of them to die of disease.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:38 pm

shonenhikada wrote:

He was a mad scientist involved in the red ribbon army and directly/indirectly responsible for killing thousands of people.
If they killed him prior to him creating or releasing the Jinzou-ningen, it would be killing him for a crime he didn't commit, based solely on his actions in the past and what he "might" do in the future. If such were the case, they should just do the same thing to Vegeta, since he's almost certainly got a larger list of kills under his belt.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sun May 31, 2015 5:56 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:

If they killed him prior to him creating or releasing the Jinzou-ningen, it would be killing him for a crime he didn't commit, based solely on his actions in the past and what he "might" do in the future. If such were the case, they should just do the same thing to Vegeta, since he's almost certainly got a larger list of kills under his belt.
He'd already done a shitton of evil things under the Red Ribbon Army though.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 31, 2015 6:39 pm

1) Immortality sucks.
2) The option was actually explored but declined by the big two (Goku and Vegeta) because they're Saiyans and being a Saiyan means you do stupid shit for the sake of a challenge or fight.
3) Dr Gero had really done nothing to the Z-Fighters at that point. And it would have been unethical to kill an old man who none of the cast effectively knew.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sun May 31, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sun May 31, 2015 7:47 pm

singsing wrote:He'd already done a shitton of evil things under the Red Ribbon Army though.
So had Vegeta under in Freeza's army? And then he killed a good portion of people at the Tournament 10 years from then. So what's so different about killing Gero before the 3 years than killing Vegeta before the 10 years?

IDreamtIWasABee
Beyond Newbie

Post by IDreamtIWasABee » Sun May 31, 2015 8:49 pm

There's no good reason.

Goku and Vegeta couldn't resist the chance to fight the Androids any more than your average man could resist a chance with a willing starlet, but they could have traveled with Trunks to the future and tried to fight them there. If they didn't come back to the present, the other, more sensible fighters could wish Gero dead or whatever.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 31, 2015 10:39 pm

Hitiro wrote:
singsing wrote:He'd already done a shitton of evil things under the Red Ribbon Army though.
So had Vegeta under in Freeza's army? And then he killed a good portion of people at the Tournament 10 years from then. So what's so different about killing Gero before the 3 years than killing Vegeta before the 10 years?
If you ask me, off them both. :P

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun May 31, 2015 11:56 pm

Hitiro wrote:So what's so different about killing Gero before the 3 years than killing Vegeta before the 10 years?
They for the most part couldn't kill Vegeta, he's the strongest or second-strongest guy on Earth for almost all that time.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:17 am

Both Krillin and Bluma wanted to use Shenron to ask where Dr. Gero was at and Goku said no. It's unethical for Goku and the others to kill someone who hasn't done in harm yet. Even if they did kill Dr. Gero three years early and blew up his lab, Cell would still show up in his time machine and find out Dr. Gero is dead. Cell will likely kill everyone expect for Piccolo, so he can use the Dragon Balls to wish back Dr. Gero. Or travels back in time again when Goku and the others arrive at Dr. Gero's lab to stop them from killing him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/