Is SSJ3 gone for good now?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Is SSJ3 gone for good now?

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:18 pm

SSJ3 hair is too difficult to animate!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Marco Polo wrote:SSJ3 hair is too difficult to animate!
But what if Raditz were to make a surprise appearance? :think:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:39 pm

Doubt SSJ3 will ever appear again. It's too cool. That's the complete opposite of what they are aiming for nowadays.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:00 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Doubt SSJ3 will ever appear again. It's too cool. That's the complete opposite of what they are aiming for nowadays.
You don't think SSJGSSJ or Golden Freeza are cool?

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Doubt SSJ3 will ever appear again. It's too cool. That's the complete opposite of what they are aiming for nowadays.
Far from it.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Hell no to the former.

Golden Frieza in the Xenoverse pic looks cool. In the movie, he looks pretty lame, though I owe it partly to all the goofy facial expressions he makes. Modern DBZ overuses generic exaggerated, kawaii facial expressions for characters. :?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:20 pm

I hope so. The form was pretty much useless and stemmed off a lot of "I could, but won't/can't"

Could kill Fat Buu, but doesn't. Super Buu and above? It's useless. Give it to Gotenks? He dicks around and lets the timer expire. SSJ3 made little to no difference in the plot at all.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:22 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Hell no to the former.

Golden Freeza in the Xenoverse pic looks cool. In the movie, he looks pretty lame, though I owe it partly to all the goofy facial expressions he makes. Modern DBZ overuses generic exaggerated, kawaii facial expressions for characters. :?
Xenoverse Freeza looks exactly like the Freeza (with aura) in the movie.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:35 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:SSJ3 made little to no difference in the plot at all.
Which is the best part of the Buu arc cause it made the stakes higher unlike the 2 arcs before it which had the new forms be the key to saving the day so doing that a 3rd time would feel very repetitive.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:51 pm

Doctor. wrote:Xenoverse Freeza looks exactly like the Freeza (with aura) in the movie.
Got any pics?

Movie:
Xenoverse:
Movie:
Xenoverse:
The Xenoverse Golden Frieza has more feminine facial features, a smaller nose, and pinkish purple skin, making it a bit more reminiscent to his first form instead of looking like King Cold. Xenoverse's art for that form is really cool. The movie version... :?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:03 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Xenoverse Freeza looks exactly like the Freeza (with aura) in the movie.
Got any pics?

Movie:
Xenoverse:
Movie:
Xenoverse:
The Xenoverse Golden Freeza has more feminine facial features, a smaller nose, and pinkish purple skin, making it a bit more reminiscent to his first form instead of looking like King Cold. Xenoverse's art for that form is really cool. The movie version... :?
I honestly don't see a damn difference between Golden Freeza from the movie and Golden Freeza form Xenoverse. It's just seems like extreme nitpicking.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: I honestly don't see a damn difference between Golden Freeza from the movie and Golden Freeza form Xenoverse. It's just seems like extreme nitpicking.
It's not nitpicking. Same character, significantly different design. Enough so that I like one, and am not too fond of the other. =P

On a side note, I had a dream you made a topic saying you were leaving the board cause you were moving to Greece...

...I have been spending way too much time on Kanzenshuu. :?

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:32 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Golden Freeza acceptable, SSSJGSSJ the worst Saiyan form, in my opinion.(The aura is not bad, but the hair's color makes me puke).
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

supercat

Post by supercat » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:38 pm

sintzu wrote:
supercat wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if Gotenks didn't go SSJ3 against Beerus due to Trunks and Goten's lack of training.
That or they didn't think they needed it it.
Considering how cocky Gotenks is, I wouldn't be surprised if he felt he didn't need it even after seeing Ultimate Gohan, Vegeta, and Mr. Buu go down with complete ease.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:48 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Got any pics?

Movie:
Xenoverse:
Movie:
Xenoverse:
The Xenoverse Golden Freeza has more feminine facial features, a smaller nose, and pinkish purple skin, making it a bit more reminiscent to his first form instead of looking like King Cold. Xenoverse's art for that form is really cool. The movie version... :?
Sure, but I was mostly referring to the color scheme when I said they look the same.
I really like that last shot, too.

Blame current character models for the nose, though, even final form Freeza has the same nose.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:55 pm

Is that first picture from an actual scene or is it promotional art? I admit, Golden Frieza looks cool there. Even Bluper Saiyan Goku does (though he'd look cooler as a regular SSJ).

supercat

Post by supercat » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:12 pm

I've always loved the SSGSS look. Not sure what it is exactly that I find so appealing, but the blue seems to work really well.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:50 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Is that first picture from an actual scene or is it promotional art? I admit, Golden Freeza looks cool there. Even Bluper Saiyan Goku does (though he'd look cooler as a regular SSJ).
It's from the movie, but it's just a few frames since it's in one of their fast-paced sections of the fight.

Weedity

Post by Weedity » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:18 pm

I loved super saiyan 3 so much. Like, it just looked so powerful. Majestic even.

I thought it was great how they could push past super saiyan to that extent. Super saiyan 4 is when I was finally like, okay, enough. Even though I did like the look.

It's a shame, because I always hated when characters fought in base or ssj form. You are getting beat up, go ssj2 or ssj3 already stop fooling around!