Which dbz villain would you want to become a hero?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Which dbz villain would you want to become a hero?

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:01 am

From both the movies and shows. And don't just say broly.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Re: Which dbz villain would you want to become a hero?

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:29 am

Broly
Nah, but it would be funny. :lol:

I would say Cell.
It would be cool to see him as a Hero. Trying to keep up with the likes of Goku and Vegeta in terms of strength. Trying to fit in with the rest of the Z fighters. He would be the one throwing all the wisecracks. Maybe have a rivalry with Gohan?
Oh, it would be awesome! :D

He would definitely be a powerful ally.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:01 am

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:37 am

Cell would definitely be my choice too. A rivalry with Gohan? That's genius! Plus Goku himself never actually defeated Cell, so there would be a sort of teasing aspect to Cell staying alive and training (the same way Goku never actually defeated Vegeta in a duel... although he definitely could).

Cell could also provide some welcome snark and attitude after Piccolo has mellowed out in the Buu Saga and Vegeta has mellowed out in the Beerus Saga.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:39 am

Marco Polo wrote:Cell would definitely be my choice too. A rivalry with Gohan? That's genius! Plus Goku himself never actually defeated Cell, so there would be a sort of teasing aspect to Cell staying alive and training (the same way Goku never actually defeated Vegeta in a duel... although he definitely could).

Cell could also provide some welcome snark and attitude after Piccolo has mellowed out in the Buu Saga and Vegeta has mellowed out in the Beerus Saga.
But Bojack and his crew is cooler+tits and ass.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:48 pm

The comedy that could be mined from a neutrally-aligned Cell that basically acts as the Vegeta to Gohan's Goku, but Gohan just wants to be left alone and write books... I'd kill for that.

It would seem Cell is the obvious choice for a redemption arc/switching of sides because he's the only antagonist never really given that option. Freeza said "screw you" to Goku's peace offering and got blown to bits for it, everyone else joined the team, and 17 just decided to stop being a jerk.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Captain Ginyu!!!!!!!!!!

-I've always seen him neutral.
-His personality is gold.
-He's still technically alive.
-He can switch bodies with someone strong to close the gap between himself and the others.
-Best henchman ever.
-He's purple.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:11 pm

Ginyu or Tagoma. Simply because they were two of the villains who actually seemed to have some kind of heart. And they have cool designs and/or abilities.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:42 pm

I think Nappa might have work if Vegeta didn't kill him. He can live with Vegeta and Bluma, he can become a SSj along with Vegeta during the Cyborg arc. Not to mention I can see Trunks looking up to him as a uncle.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:50 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I think Nappa might have work if Vegeta didn't kill him. He can live with Vegeta and Bluma, he can become a SSj along with Vegeta during the Cyborg arc. Not to mention I can see Trunks looking up to him as a uncle.
Well, thats adorable! I like it.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Janemba. His real-warping powers and abilities would produce some awesome gags and visual humour. He'd be like real-life Looney Toon.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:13 pm

Nappa is a fun choice. He could have worked as security staff at Capsule Corps, lol. Would he have married someone?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:01 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Nappa is a fun choice. He could have worked as security staff at Capsule Corps, lol. Would he have married someone?
He prob marry a no name girl. Lol but that be cool he would be the yamcha of sayians.

I think cooler would be a good ally. Say he goes there to kill goku and friends for murdering his family. But ends up seeing that his family were a bunch of pricks. And ends up siding with goku. He would be useful up till android saga however it wouldn't be until Frieza movie where we realize he never trains or spars. So he decides to train with goku, vegeta and whis. And gain a crazy boost of power to fight against his brother.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:24 pm

Raditz or Nappa, definitely. Although, ironically, I can more easily imagine Nappa as a good guy than Raditz.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:52 pm

I also think janemba would be a great ally's I think he could merge with fat buu and be an awesome ally against the enemies

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Nappa or cell amongst Canon Villains

For Movie villains, Broly, Garlic Junior, or 13

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:52 pm

For someone who complained so much when the Buu saga turned DBZ into the Super Saiyan Show, I find myself having a soft spot for both Nappa and Raditz as heroes. I imagine they'd both be hilarious additions to the main lineup.

Cell's another strong choice due to his personality and overall abilities making him incredibly handy as an ally.

Dabura, Ginyu and Zarbon are all other villains I wouldn't have minded seeing turn good. I blame Tenkaichi 2's What If Story for my desire to see Zarbon switch sides and Toriko's Sunny for encouraging the thought further.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:35 pm

Now that I think about it. Having darbura as an ally would be awesome. King of Hefl haha. Would be a great ally and knowing about magic and such. Also his spit to stone thing would be cool. It also be cool if he made friends with most his emirs before hand.

Like nappa in the sayain saga.
Then cooler after Frieza saga.
Then maybe cell but you can skip that if you include Darbura who is more less super perfect cells power level.
And we'll go from there

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Although he wasn't entirely a villain, I think it would have been great to have Android 16 survive the events of the Cell Games and become a permanent member of the Z-Fighters. Although his power would have been trivial against the villains that presented themselves in the Buu arc (with the exclusion of Pui Pui and Yakon), he could have been somewhat useful for tactical purposes. I could also see him taking a courageous stand against Super Buu on the lookout.

Dabura also would have portrayed a pretty cool transition from villain to hero in my opinion. Considering how his little scuffle with Majin Buu initially turned out, I'm not sure how much help he would have been against the stronger forms of Buu like Kid Buu / Super Buu. If he somehow manages to get past that, it would have been cool to have him included against the big battle against Frieza's lackeys. Underneath his vile nature, I could see a hint of what seems to remotely resemble a noble persona.

I liked that subtle sense of honor that Ginyu portrayed against Goku. Plus he never really came off all that vile and rotten in comparison to Frieza's other lackeys like Dodoria for instance. I guess the closest we got to Ginyu giving up his evil ways was when he was shown as a frog in a pond at the Capsule Corporation during one of the filler scenes.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:19 pm

supercat wrote:Although he wasn't entirely a villain, I think it would have been great to have Android 16 survive the events of the Cell Games and become a permanent member of the Z-Fighters. Although his power would have been trivial against the villains that presented themselves in the Buu arc (with the exclusion of Pui Pui and Yakon), he could have been somewhat useful for tactical purposes. I could also see him taking a courageous stand against Super Buu on the lookout.

Dabura also would have portrayed a pretty cool transition from villain to hero in my opinion. Considering how his little scuffle with Majin Buu initially turned out, I'm not sure how much help he would have been against the stronger forms of Buu like Kid Buu / Super Buu. If he somehow manages to get past that, it would have been cool to have him included against the big battle against Freeza's lackeys. Underneath his vile nature, I could see a hint of what seems to remotely resemble a noble persona.

I liked that subtle sense of honor that Ginyu portrayed against Goku. Plus he never really came off all that vile and rotten in comparison to Freeza's other lackeys like Dodoria for instance. I guess the closest we got to Ginyu giving up his evil ways was when he was shown as a frog in a pond at the Capsule Corporation during one of the filler scenes.

I would love to see that. I could see Nappa, Cooler, android 16, and darbura vs all those minions at the end of revival of f. Or possibly in super. Ooh perhaps fusions that be so awesome