Are these valid!?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Are these valid!?

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:18 pm

So I've seen these two scans on other DB forums and the translation is interesting.
"Thanks to the power of this God-like form, Son Goku has achieved a power not seen in any dimension! Even the mightiest champions of GT pale in comparison to the Super Saiyan God!"
"The prince of the Saiyans confronts the God of destruction himself! After Beerus struck Bulma down Vegeta entered an extremely rare but powerful state, in which he is able to tap into the Godly power that flows through his people's veins since the dawn of their existence! He is able for a short moment fight Beerus, but ultimately falls short to his power and fails."
Can anyone let me know if the scans and translations are valid? Would prove extremely helpful and I'd thoroughly appreciate it.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Are these valid!?

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:20 pm

I have no idea, but someone will probably help you out.
However you could also pose your question in this thread:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =8&t=15533
It's the thread we go to, when we want something translated, by those capable of translatng from jp to English.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:21 pm

dbgtFO wrote:I have no idea, but someone will probably help you out.
However you could also pose your question in this thread:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =8&t=15533
It's the thread we go to, when we want something translated, by those capable of translatng from jp to English.
I'll definitely post this there as well. Thanks! :thumbup:

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:29 pm

Both translations are 100% bullshit. The first scan doesn't mention anything about GT whatsoever, while the second one merely says that after his lover Bulma is "slighted" by Beerus, Vegeta's anger erupts and causes him to momentarily surpass Goku.

As for the scans themselves, they look legit enough (ie probably not a fake some fan threw together, or at least not a poor one), but I don't know what source they were taken from. Both just say basic things like explaining what Oozaru transformation is, or about Vegeta's Gallick Gun attack (...does he even use that in BoG?). The watermark on the bottom indicates that the scans were taken by some Chinese website.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Herms wrote:Both translations are 100% bullshit. The first scan doesn't mention anything about GT whatsoever, while the second one merely says that after his lover Bulma is "slighted" by Beerus, Vegeta's anger erupts and causes him to surpass Goku.
I had a feeling it was BS. Thanks Herms! :thumbup:

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:42 pm

The Vegeta page definitely looks like it's from the Movie Guide that, if I'm not mistaken, was available at the theatrical showings.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Where is the scan that says Beerus can wipe out 1/5 of the universe at full power, and Whis is a reality warper ?

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:16 am

shonenhikada wrote:Where is the scan that says Beerus can wipe out 1/5 of the universe at full power, and Whis is a reality warper ?
I don't know if you're kidding or not, but there are no scans that say those things.

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: Preferably somewhere in Kansai,Chuubu or Kanto. Someday!

Post by Haji » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:02 pm

The text is so small i can only read bits of it.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Where is the scan that says Beerus can wipe out 1/5 of the universe at full power, and Whis is a reality warper ?
There isn't anything that says Beerus can wipe out 1/5 of the universe directly. That idea's based on a mention that Beerus didn't destroy the Kaioshin realm because it wouldn't be appropriate to blow up the realm of the gods like that, so he just sealed the old Kaioshin in the sword instead, and apparently the Kaioshin realm is something like 1/10 the size of the mortal universe, so people have figured "if Beerus can destroy something the same size as 1/10 of the universe, he could do the same to 1/10 of the universe."

"Reality warper" is a fan term with an extremely unclear definition (lately it seems that a lot of people have plopped it in as a level of power distinctly above anything more "normal," as if someone who's a "reality warper" would automatically win against anyone who isn't... but logically it should only refer to the type of powers someone has, saying absolutely nothing about their strength or whether they'd be able to do diddly squat against someone vastly more powerful but with more "normal" abilities) and I doubt you'll ever find any statement "confirming" something along those lines.
That said, being able to rewind time 3 minutes probably qualifies as "warping reality" to some extent, considering that he literally makes everything that happened in the past 3 minutes... not happen... and yet people still remember some of it, apparently. And it's not actually time-travel as nobody "goes back" in the Trunks/Cell sense (only one Whis/Beerus/Goku/etc. is present after the rewind), and no split-timelines are involved.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:07 pm

BoG has been out for years already. I doubt this kind of information would just be revealed after this long.

Besides I doubt the BoG characters are that much stronger than GT characters. Beers and Whis may be stronger than SS3 Vegetto, but SS4 Goku is on SS3 Vegetto's level, and SS4 Gogeta and Super Yi Xing Long are way stronger than that.

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Haji wrote:The text is so small i can only read bits of it.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:BoG has been out for years already. I doubt this kind of information would just be revealed after this long.
I've already read the scans and confirmed that they say nothing about GT and don't give any details about Vegeta's power-up beyond saying he momentarily surpasses Goku after Beerus slaps Bulma.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:10 pm

Herms wrote:(...does he even use that in BoG?).
It's the attack he uses against Beerus, based on his hand movements.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147