The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:42 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:What if 17, 18 & 16 turned up at Goku's house before they moved him to Master Roshi's?

What if Goku took his meds and didn't succumb to the heart virus against 19?
They would kill Goku. And maybe then go there separate ways. And then cell absorbs 17 and 18. Blowing up the world. Since no one tells Vegeta and the gang about Hyperbolic time chamber.

And if Goku didn’t have the virus, he beats 19. Vegeta kills 20. However they get curious and want to find out about the androids. Wanting to show off they’re strength. But trunks arrives and destroys the labs.

Cell arrives and is eventually defeated by either piccolo, Goku, or Vegeta. Goku probably mentions about the time chamber.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:06 pm

GT What If:

What if Uub went with the gang to find the Black Star Dragon Balls?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:40 pm

What if Goku couldn't fuse with Vegeta against Broly for some reason so he decided to fuse with Piccolo instead?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:49 pm

Nobody answered my question.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:GT What If:

Would have made allot of sense being he was Goku's student.

Honestly the factor that he did not go cut off allot of the development they had going for him between Uub and Goku that did not make sense. If Uub went with Goku we could have has much Student/Master development senses between the two while they explored the cosmos.

It would have also add weight to the friendship between Uub and Pan which they seem to show abit of caring for one another in the Baby fight arc. :angel:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if Goku couldn't fuse with Vegeta against Broly for some reason so he decided to fuse with Piccolo instead?
Then this hypothetical Fusion Dance Warrior would have had less power than Gogeta, but would make up for it by being a hybrid of Saiyan and Namekian blood, especially not to mention, arguably having a better strategic mind than a Gogeta at the time of the events of Dragon Ball Super: Broly, from being a warrior born from the likes of Son Goku and Mr. Piccolo, an incredible duo who are the very best of the races they hail from.

This very same Super Saiyan Broly who had been able to match Chou Super Saiyan Gogeta, would have been even more screwed over than he had ever been against the likes of Super Gogeta in the canon-series of events of Dragon Ball Super: Broly, as the Fusion Dance Warrior facing him in this scenario would have not played around with him at all, and instead, would have killed the Doppelgänger of a certain Z Fighter right on the spot, with a quick use of both his Complete Super Saiyan Blue form and a lethal combination of his Transcendent God Kamehameha and his Makankōsappō, leaving True Golden Frieza off to an even worse fate, as the one who had singlehandedly defeated the Legendary Saiyan would have sent the Universal Emperor right back to Earth's Hell, but for good this time with a single Makankōsappō to the chest of the completely and utterly terrified likes of True Golden Frieza.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:02 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:GT What If:

If this little change in the timeline were to have happened in the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga of Dragon Ball GT, Son Goku, Trunks Brief, Son Pan, and Uub would been far more capable of collecting the Black Star Dragon Balls all throughout the Northern Quadrant, many, if not all of their enemies in this same Saga would have been exterminated by Uub before they could have been a legitimate threat to our heroes and heroine.

Thanks to this, Son Goku, Trunks Brief, Son Pan, and Uub would have had more than enough free time on their hands to have trained together during the rather infamous search for one of the most powerful sets of Dragon Balls to have ever existed in the Seventh Universe of the original canon of the Anime, which would have allowed for Little Son Goku (GT) to adjust himself to his new and younger body to the point in which he would have been able to regain mastery over all of his transformations and techniques, all thanks to Uub being there this time around to have helped work out the kinks of everything even remotely having to do with the crew of four of the retro Grand Tour Spaceship. Trunks Brief would have stopped slacking off on his training to be ready in the case of facing-off against a villian or villainess like Majin Buu for good this time, as a result of constantly feeling outshined from Uub being the one to have solved most of the problems they encounter along the way and because of this, the male heir of Vegeta would have mastered his Super Saiyan form far beyond the point it would have allowed him to evolve into a Full Power Super Saiyan, and then into a Super Saiyan 2, giving him more than enough power to have defended himself with the greatest of ease against the wrath of his father, from having spent little less than a year training with two other warriors who had far outclassed him in terms of power, also including the likes of a younger warrioress who had already more than proven herself to have been more capable than especially her very own father by gaining access to False Super Saiyan 4 only days upon embarking into the vast reaches of space in order to find the Black Star Dragon Balls.

Bonds would have been strengthened between the likes of Little Son Goku, Trunks Brief (GT), Son Pan (GT), and Uub (GT), or reforged in the case of Son Goku and Son Pan, with the granddaughter of Son Goku being able to continue her training with one of her beloved grandfathers even after achieving enough mastery of her latent Saiyan blood from stabilizing her very rare form of drawing out her power as a Great Ape and obtaining yet another form rarely seen by mortal eyes, Semi-Super Saiyan Four, a hybrid form of Super Saiyan in between her own Full Power False Super Saiyan 4 state and her own just recently awakened Super Saiyan state, in which the first use of it had even left the likes of Hakaishin Luud becoming so terrified of her, the strongest of the Machine Mutants opted to destroy the planet that the two had been on at the time instead of actually facing her in combat, with both transformations ultimately allowing her to become stronger than her parents had been at her age. While the now teenage Uub, on the other hand, would have been taught the Kaioken by Son Goku, with the chosen successor of Son Goku being able to push himself into using 20X Kaioken by the time the search for the Black Star Dragon Balls had been over, if Uub himself did not already gain a powerful transformation of his own that would have allowed him to tap into all of the hidden potential he had inherited in a way, from Kid Buu (Base Form), and with the evil Baby being killed this time around by the GT Warriors and Warrioress destroying him on the planet m-2, another surviving Tuffle Parasite would have needed to fill in the role of main antagonist for the very next Saga of DBGT.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:40 am

Had a random thought about "what if Pilaf actually got his wish to rule the world" - I feel like he'd accidentally make the world a better place. Yeah, he would begin by enslaving the entire population, but then...

Slave: M-master Pilaf... my... my back hurts... could I please take a day off?
Pilaf: Oh! Uh... yes, of course! I'm sorry!
Slave: Could I please get paid? My children are starving...
Pilaf: O-oh, that's terrible! Mai, make sure this man gets paid!
Slave: What about me? My dog needs to eat, too...
Pilaf: N-nooo, that poor animal! Shuu, give them your dog treats this instant! How could you be so cruel?!

...And so on and so forth.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:49 am

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:Had a random thought about "what if Pilaf actually got his wish to rule the world" - I feel like he'd accidentally make the world a better place. Yeah, he would begin by enslaving the entire population, but then...

Slave: M-master Pilaf... my... my back hurts... could I please take a day off?
Pilaf: Oh! Uh... yes, of course! I'm sorry!
Slave: Could I please get paid? My children are starving...
Pilaf: O-oh, that's terrible! Mai, make sure this man gets paid!
Slave: What about me? My dog needs to eat, too...
Pilaf: N-nooo, that poor animal! Shuu, give them your dog treats this instant! How could you be so cruel?!

...And so on and so forth.
It's weird I wonder if it'd make him king and like alter everyone weaker than Kami's memories that he was always king...
Or would it suddenly give him some kind of documents proving he's the true heir to the throne?
What's to stop him just getting instantly overthrown however he is installed...

I'd love to know HOW it'd happen.

Pilaf would never be desperate enough to release Piccolo.

Which means a weaker Goku and Gohan not trained by Kami gets owned by Raditz and killed taken away.

Gero was still watching at this point so does he cancel his plan to not build the androids? Would be an interesting what if.

Vegeta never rebels against Freeza.

Buu might get released the slow way. They don't get energy from Gohan but I don't see how Kaioshin ever counters Dabra.

Zammy never kicks off.

No Universe tourneys.

Zeno eventually erases all the lower universes.

Towa frees Dabra using Mira and doesn't kick off, or does and wins probably.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:18 am

What if Buu is awake and has to absorb golden Freeza after he and Gohan force him into that form.

How evil/good does he end up?

Assuming he stays friendly with the zfighters or can't kill them the way super buu couldn't kill Satan and fucks off into space or something.... How does that effect the rest if super. U6/black/ToP throw in xenoverse and newest DBH, broly and galactic prisoner too....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:30 pm

What if it was possible to imbue a sword with the power of erasure that Zeno wields?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 am

TobyS wrote:What if Buu is awake and has to absorb golden Freeza after he and Gohan force him into that form.

How evil/good does he end up?

Assuming he stays friendly with the zfighters or can't kill them the way super buu couldn't kill Satan and fucks off into space or something.... How does that effect the rest if super. U6/black/ToP throw in xenoverse and newest DBH, broly and galactic prisoner too....
Welp, if Boo decided to just absorb ROF Golden Freeza then he'd get massively stronger but he probably wouldn't turn evil since he's the pure side of Boo/reincarnation of Dai Kaioshin, he's impatient & childish but not evil. Pure Evil Boo didn't become more evil from absorbing anyone so its not like their moral personalities become better or worse, their intelligence seems to improve however so Booza might actually become smarter.
With a (possible)newfound intelligence & power boost, Boo might become more willing to listen to reason and he may pass his entrance test into the U6 Tournament, potentially being the first to fight. The fight with Botamo would end with Boo realizing that he cannot actually damage his opponent so he would probably grab Botamo by the legs and swing him around in a circle and then toss him out of the ring. Next would be Frost, the battle ending quickly when Frost learns that Boo cannot simply be poisoned due to his unique anatomy and thus Boo kicks him out of the ring. The fight with Magetta might be where Boo meets his match as Magetta is extremely difficult to damage and with Boo's large frame, he could accidentally touch the barrier Champs had installed in the fight so we'll sat that's where Boo taps out. The U6 Tournament ends more or less the same.
For the Black arc, it could be over relatively quickly if Boo decided to go to Trunks' future and is able to defeat Black after a brief battle since nothing Black could do would actually harm Boo and then there's the fact that Boo could just use magic to turn him into a cookie so that's that. Zamasu might end up being turned into a cookie too while still being immortal but Boo could just eat him and contain him within his belly until Gowasu or Whis decides what to do with him.
The ToP might be bad for Boo since the Hakaishin would obtain some intel on the fighters and Belmod would learn of Boo and his abilities and thus be the first target on Jiren's list. Boo would end up eliminated as Jiren's strength & strategy would be too much to contend with.
Galactic Prisoner arc...we'll have to see, its still being written.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:57 pm

What if the Z-Fighters were easily able to take out the Saibamen, and Gohan, Krillin and Vegeta were able to defeat the Ginyu Force (minus Ginyu)?
Just an increase in respect (in-universe and out) for the Z-Fighters? Goku still has to show up and save the day.

It's in his contract.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:27 am

ZodiacBeast wrote:What if the Z-Fighters were easily able to take out the Saibamen, and Gohan, Krillin and Vegeta were able to defeat the Ginyu Force (minus Ginyu)?
Just an increase in respect (in-universe and out) for the Z-Fighters? Goku still has to show up and save the day.

It's in his contract.
At some extent they were able to easily beat the saibaimen, Yamcha's death was really the only hiccup - a necessary one, narratively speaking, to provide a degree of credibility to the menace of those creatures. In other words nothing would change much, only the saibaimen would seem even less threatning.

In the second scenario, it would be a very impressive feat if they did beat the Ginyu force, especially for Krillin... It would depend on how their battle powers were gauged between each groups and how the battle would go. I personally feel this encounter could have lasted longer somehow in the manga, so it would be a way to do it.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:32 pm

What if in addition to the legend of the Super Saiyan form, there were legends of the Super Saiyan 2 form and even of the Super Saiyan 3 form respectively? Like for an example, more Saiyans who had witnessed Yamoshi becoming a Super Saiyan and Kanba becoming a Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, and Super Saiyan 3 had survived than in the canonical timeline, and had been able to pass on more detailed accounts about witnessing the cause of the war between the 2 different groups of Saiyans that had sealed the fate of Planet Saiya of Universe 7?

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:21 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:40 pm What if Goku couldn't fuse with Vegeta against Broly for some reason so he decided to fuse with Piccolo instead?
I'm thinking this Goku/Piccolo fused fighter would get roflstomped by Broly.

I know certain details have been retconned, but wouldn't Goku have to lower his power to match Piccolos? There would be a power increase, but I'm not sure two fighters in different leagues of power, combined with the fact they are completely different races, could get the job done against Broly.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:18 am

What if Goku never recruited Freeza for the Tournament of Power? How would that affect Dragon Ball Super: Broly? Would Freeza possibly be replaced by his older brother Cooler?

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:01 am

What if Bardock naturally had the same line of forms (already with the yellow eyed form) and probably similar level of power gains that Broly had?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:14 am

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:01 am What if Bardock naturally had the same line of forms (already with the yellow eyed form) and probably similar level of power gains that Broly had?
He’d be a pretty strong warrior. However it still wouldn’t matter, unless he gained Ssj. In rage or ikari form, he’d be stronger and faster. But would still be nothing to Frieza, even in his first form.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:55 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:14 am
Champa The Destroyer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:01 am What if Bardock naturally had the same line of forms (already with the yellow eyed form) and probably similar level of power gains that Broly had?
He’d be a pretty strong warrior. However it still wouldn’t matter, unless he gained Ssj. In rage or ikari form, he’d be stronger and faster. But would still be nothing to Frieza, even in his first form.
Yeah, I agree with that, he would only be at like 100,000 power level with the ikari form. Would his SS stack on top of his Ikari form if he had both? If so, he would obliterate Freeza unless he goes into his final form.

What if Broly and an earthling had a child, that then was sent back in time to the Saiyan Arc? What would their potential be, and how would they effect the story up to DBS: Broly?