The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

emperior
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by emperior » Sat May 11, 2019 6:44 am

What if Saiyans were exactly the same as Earthlings except for their tails and ability to go Oozaru? Which means no Zenkai boosts, no genetically fast improvement the more they fight, no Super Saiyan transformations, and in turn that Goku wouldn’t have a genetical advantage over the other characters of the old cast.
My canon

anubisj

Post by anubisj » Tue May 21, 2019 4:10 am

What if Grandpa Gohan and Mutaito got revived by the dragon balls? Would they train and become powerful z warriors along the lines of Tien and Yamcha? Who would they fight, if they didn´t retire? How would they interact with the other characters (if they get to live from say piccolo saga to shadow dragons saga)?

What if King Vegeta somehow survives the saiyan genocide, along with Bardock, and they wake up after Frieza has been destroyed?

What if Goten had travelled with Trunks and Goku to space, instead of Pan?

And these are kind of what ifs, too (and please no "plothole" answers):

Where was Tien during Garlic jr saga, and where were Tien and Yamcha during Baby and super 17 sagas? What are your theories? (My theory is that Tien was meditating and stuff during the Garlic jr saga, like he did in the Buu saga, and would have intervened if Gohan and Piccolo got defeated; he and Yamcha were possessed by Baby and gave him a bit of energy for the Revenge Death Ball; and they fought and defeated a few villains (dodoria, zarbon, raditz, cui) off screen during the Super 17 saga)

What would have changed if Tien had fought against Garlic jr and he, Yamcha and Nº 18 had participated more actively in the Baby saga? And why didn´t Baby use them to fight if he possessed them?

What if Bulla had participated more actively in GT as a whole, like fighting villains that escaped from Hell, or even helping out against the shadow dragons like Pan?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 23, 2019 11:10 am

What if, sometime prior to the events of the Saiyan Saga, Freeza's forces had attacked and captured the space prison where the Galactic Patrol was keeping Moro, and in the chaos of the attack, he escaped?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Berserker1921
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:05 am

Well, I’d imagine Moro would absorb the energy of Frieza and his army. Wanders the universe, consuming various worlds. Kaioshin wakes up Beerus. The cat god kills the goat wizard.

Melee_Sovereign
Beyond Newbie

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat May 25, 2019 12:30 am

What if Cell absorbed 18 first? Would his Semi-Perfect form look different?

Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:46 pm

What if Moro join the Tournament of Power? They don't trust bringing back Freeza and they ask Jaco to join, but Jaco suggest the idea of letting Moro to join instead. They let Moro free from prison and have him join Team Universe 7. Would they still win the Tournament and could Moro turn against them?
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

SupremeKai25
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:22 pm

This is an interesting point that I recently read on Reddit. What if Black fused in his Base form? How would that (positively) affect Fused Zamasu?
Hail Fused Zamasu, the One True Supreme God of the cosmos.

Berserker1921
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:45 am

What-if Goku learned Hokuto Shinken (Fist of the North Star technique)?

Dragon Ball Gus
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:14 pm

What if some ordinary guy who died getting hit by a truck got reincarnated as the living embodiment of evil, Freeza?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Berserker1921
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:31 pm

If he was a psycho, he’d continue down Frieza’s path. However, if he wasn’t. He’d probably become good, exploit Frieza’s BS potential and use it to defend the universe. Possibly would recruit all the saiyans and eliminate all potential threats.

Tai Lung
Regular

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 am

it's not fun if nobody comments, so I answer some :D
Melee_Sovereign wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 12:30 am
What if Cell absorbed 18 first? Would his Semi-Perfect form look different?
I doubt very much that there was an order in the process of absorption of cell so basically the same, now if speculating a little bit like perfect cell with a variation of color like second form
Hellspawn28 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:46 pm
What if Moro join the Tournament of Power? They don't trust bringing back Freeza and they ask Jaco to join, but Jaco suggest the idea of letting Moro to join instead. They let Moro free from prison and have him join Team Universe 7. Would they still win the Tournament and could Moro turn against them?
Probably Jiren, take it out first because of how dangerous it is, I also imagine that the pride troopers must have faced some villain as Moro than can absorb energy
SupremeKai25 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:22 pm
This is an interesting point that I recently read on Reddit. What if Black fused in his Base form? How would that (positively) affect Fused Zamasu?
it depends, maybe less wear but it would be inconvenient if zamasu can be transformed or no later
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:14 pm
What if some ordinary guy who died getting hit by a truck got reincarnated as the living embodiment of evil, Freeza?
I suppose he would wander through the universe until he finds a use to his power and new life to choose between evil and good, which will be difficult because of its terrifying aspect
Berserker1921 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:45 am
What-if Goku learned Hokuto Shinken (Fist of the North Star technique)?
it will defeat many opponents easily ... except for villains that can regenerate

my turn

What-if universe 6 and universe 7 were a single universe and the saiyans of both worlds would have "united" as events in story would have changed