The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:13 pm
I always wondered how Zamasu could have reacted to the existence of a being like Omega Shenron. Would he be disgusted? Would he view him as an enemy due to his powers and negative energy? Or would he think of him somewhat godly due to his connection with the Eternal Dragons and become an ally to him?

Also, would it be a good idea for Merged Zamasu to unfuse for once even if it is for a small amount of time, just to get some of Black back? XD
Zamasu doesn't work with anyone who isn't Zamasu. Except SDBH but that's just a game. Omega being dragon or not wouldn't have any meaning to him. Killing mortals was just excuse and mere try to fool himself that he's doing something good. He would see dragons as his enemies. The question is if Omega would've worked with him (assuming Zamasu would agree) or if he'd like to kill him. They both want to rule universe and destroy every living creature and we know that Omega was going to kill all the gods as well. And while we know Syn/Omega would kill anyone who doesn't follow his rules as he did with Nuova, we could actually see him letting Nuova kill Goku so he can work with others, at least other Shadow Dragons. He might've wanted to kill him after all work is done tho as ruling over universe is not something anyone would like to share with others.
Rarity is the best pony
Pan-chan is the best saiya-jin

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5574
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:29 pm

What if, after watching the Tournament of Power, the Zenos wanted to learn how to fight, and ordered Daishinkan to train them? And they agreed to not use their erase power when in a fight, since it wouldn't be any fun that way?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Grand Marshal 1
Regular
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Have we ever touched upon thr possibility of the Supreme Kais killed by Buu being revived by the Dragon Team after the Moro arc?

Say that after this, Buu evolves to his fit form, without the 2 Supreme Kais inside him. Would their power matter anymore after all?

How would this affect the order of the gods? Would Elder Kai be still viewed as a respected Supreme Kai that even receives the respect of Daikaioshin? Or would the opposite happen? Could Gohan return to his Kai training with all these new figures around?
My posts will speak for myself! :)

User avatar
beyondashadow
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:02 am

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by beyondashadow » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:30 pm

What if the reason King Piccolo's offspring look the way they do instead of like other Nameks is because the separation from his other half corrupted his DNA?

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
Regular
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 am

I don't know the answer for the three What if above :eh:

What if original Broly and DBS Broly where twins ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
Berserker1921
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:46 am

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:39 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 am
I don't know the answer for the three What if above :eh:

What if original Broly and DBS Broly where twins ?
The good one would try to kill the bad one, because he is pure evil. Would probably assist Goku and Vegeta in defeating him.

What-if Moro, Broly, and Merus joined the U7 team during the ToP? Instead of Tien, Krillin, and Roshi? Would they do better or worse?

User avatar
TobyS
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by TobyS » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:38 am

Berserker1921 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:39 am
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 am
I don't know the answer for the three What if above :eh:

What if original Broly and DBS Broly where twins ?
The good one would try to kill the bad one, because he is pure evil. Would probably assist Goku and Vegeta in defeating him.

What-if Moro, Broly, and Merus joined the U7 team during the ToP? Instead of Tien, Krillin, and Roshi? Would they do better or worse?
Well manga wise no ui without Roshi unless seeing Meerus do it works.

If Moro can absorb enough without getting ganged up on or soeedt blitzed they win, especially if he powers up Goku and Co.

The trouble comes if he gets his MVP and has an evil wish. Could go a few ways.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
Regular
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:32 am

What if Tenshinhan went on namek and made the four body split and Ginyu took other one of his body ? :shock:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2507
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:55 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:32 am
What if Tenshinhan went on namek and made the four body split and Ginyu took other one of his body ? :shock:

User avatar
SupremeKai25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1057
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:54 pm

I had never thought about this question, but it came to mind after watching one of MasakoX's latest videos.

What if Zamasu was introduced before the Future Trunks arc? Do you think that would have improved his character and made his descent into madness feel more real? If so, when do you think would have been a good time to introduce him, and under which circumstances?
"Behold this ultimate vessel. The sword and shield made one. Its strength knows no limits. The power coursing through me is exceptional, glorious, absolute. Stare in awe, I AM JUSTICE INCARNATE!!!"

Zamasu/Fused Zamasu fan.

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
Regular
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:56 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:54 pm
I had never thought about this question, but it came to mind after watching one of MasakoX's latest videos.

What if Zamasu was introduced before the Future Trunks arc? Do you think that would have improved his character and made his descent into madness feel more real? If so, when do you think would have been a good time to introduce him, and under which circumstances?
My idea is the champa tournament where U10 serve as judge and witness for Beerus and Champa there Zamasu would have been the whole spectator of the mortal and we would have been able to see how he talk behave with Shin and others Kaioshin.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:55 am
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:32 am
What if Tenshinhan went on namek and made the four body split and Ginyu took other one of his body ? :shock:
Even better now what if Majin Buu is here too and Bebi is here also, One parasite the third body whilst the other absorb the four body.

We have now a Ginyu Tenshinhan, Tenshinhan, Majin Buu Tenshinhan absorbed and Bebi Tenshinhan. Let's be more crazy let's fuse by potara Majin Buu Tenshinhan absorbed and Bebi Tenshinhan, then we fuse by potara Ginyu Tenshinhan and Tenshinhan. Then we use Fusion danse for fuse Bebi Majin Buu Tenshinhan absorbed with Ginyu Tenshinhan Tenshinhan. :crazy: :shifty: :lol:

Where do you think Error 404 happen lol
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
SupremeKai25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1057
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:06 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:56 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:54 pm
I had never thought about this question, but it came to mind after watching one of MasakoX's latest videos.

What if Zamasu was introduced before the Future Trunks arc? Do you think that would have improved his character and made his descent into madness feel more real? If so, when do you think would have been a good time to introduce him, and under which circumstances?
My idea is the champa tournament where U10 serve as judge and witness for Beerus and Champa there Zamasu would have been the whole spectator of the mortal and we would have been able to see how he talk behave with Shin and others Kaioshin.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:55 am
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:32 am
What if Tenshinhan went on namek and made the four body split and Ginyu took other one of his body ? :shock:
Even better now what if Majin Buu is here too and Bebi is here also, One parasite the third body whilst the other absorb the four body.

We have now a Ginyu Tenshinhan, Tenshinhan, Majin Buu Tenshinhan absorbed and Bebi Tenshinhan. Let's be more crazy let's fuse by potara Majin Buu Tenshinhan absorbed and Bebi Tenshinhan, then we fuse by potara Ginyu Tenshinhan and Tenshinhan. Then we use Fusion danse for fuse Bebi Majin Buu Tenshinhan absorbed with Ginyu Tenshinhan Tenshinhan. :crazy: :shifty: :lol:

Where do you think Error 404 happen lol
Yeah, I'd say the U6 Tournament arc would be the best time to introduce him. Maybe if you want to get crazy you could have Zamasu show up in the Buu arc. Just say that a few other universes (or just universe 10) sent someone to U7 to help them get rid of Buu before he becomes a threat to the entire cosmos. I like the idea of Zamasu and Shin teaming up against him. In general I would have preferred Zamasu interacting with more kais, not just with Gowasu.
"Behold this ultimate vessel. The sword and shield made one. Its strength knows no limits. The power coursing through me is exceptional, glorious, absolute. Stare in awe, I AM JUSTICE INCARNATE!!!"

Zamasu/Fused Zamasu fan.

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7432
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:43 pm

What if in the Super Android 17 arc we had RoF Freeza (without further evolution) as the main villain instead?

Would Goku and the gang be still able to defeat him?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:22 pm

Noah wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:43 pm
What if in the Super Android 17 arc we had RoF Freeza (without further evolution) as the main villain instead?

Would Goku and the gang be still able to defeat him?
RoF Frieza (4th form) = RoF base Goku

So S17 arc Goku would already defeat him with no problem, probably in base as well.
GT Frieza also trained for many years and got stomped and i don't have RoF Frieza much above him. Not even sure if RoF Frieza is stronger at all since both series use completely different scaling and we didn't see GT Frieza fight anyone else to have better comparison (we saw RoF Frieza compared to other Z-fighters only).
Rarity is the best pony
Pan-chan is the best saiya-jin

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7432
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:43 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:22 pm
So S17 arc Goku would already defeat him with no problem, probably in base as well.
GT Frieza also trained for many years and got stomped and i don't have RoF Frieza much above him. Not even sure if RoF Frieza is stronger at all since both series use completely different scaling and we didn't see GT Frieza fight anyone else to have better comparison (we saw RoF Frieza compared to other Z-fighters only).
Well, people often says that Base RoF Goku = close to SSJG. Which I think is exaggerated, glad to know more people don't think RoF Freeza is somewhat Vegetto tier or something.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Grand Marshal 1
Regular
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:44 am

Noah wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:43 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:22 pm
So S17 arc Goku would already defeat him with no problem, probably in base as well.
GT Frieza also trained for many years and got stomped and i don't have RoF Frieza much above him. Not even sure if RoF Frieza is stronger at all since both series use completely different scaling and we didn't see GT Frieza fight anyone else to have better comparison (we saw RoF Frieza compared to other Z-fighters only).
Well, people often says that Base RoF Goku = close to SSJG. Which I think is exaggerated, glad to know more people don't think RoF Freeza is somewhat Vegetto tier or something.
With my scaling, this RoF 50% Final Freeza and SBG Goku are roughly (at absolute max) SSJ Buu saga tier. Vegito still stomps. The higher up we go it gets a little harder though. God and godlike forms are excluded of course.
My posts will speak for myself! :)

User avatar
Dragon Ball Gus
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm
Location: Planet Sadla

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:36 pm

1) Instead of trying to find Freeza's broken body parts, What If King Cold trained a month before his arrival on Earth?

2) What If Kami wished himself to be young during the three year gap before the arrival of the Androids?

3) [can be connected to the second question] What If Kami was the dominant body of the Kamiccolo merger?

4) What If Android 21 was the main antagonist of the Android Arc and had 13's powers to absorb 17 and 18's energy reactors and become Super 21?
Caulifla best girl! :)

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
Regular
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:16 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:36 pm
1) Instead of trying to find Freeza's broken body parts, What If King Cold trained a month before his arrival on Earth?

2) What If Kami wished himself to be young during the three year gap before the arrival of the Androids?

3) [can be connected to the second question] What If Kami was the dominant body of the Kamiccolo merger?

4) What If Android 21 was the main antagonist of the Android Arc and had 13's powers to absorb 17 and 18's energy reactors and become Super 21?
1) I don't think things will be that different King Cold would have been rofl stomp by Mirai Trunks anyway.

2) Here I think the fusion would have been stronger in terms of power

3) I don't know.

4) Now that what if is more interesting that mean Cell could have been a temporary ally to the Z Warrior or he too would have been absorbed too ?

Now I have a what if for you guys, What if the plot of Fusions and Legends are combined ? What sort of story we would have ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
Grand Marshal 1
Regular
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:40 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:16 pm
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:36 pm
1) Instead of trying to find Freeza's broken body parts, What If King Cold trained a month before his arrival on Earth?

2) What If Kami wished himself to be young during the three year gap before the arrival of the Androids?

3) [can be connected to the second question] What If Kami was the dominant body of the Kamiccolo merger?

4) What If Android 21 was the main antagonist of the Android Arc and had 13's powers to absorb 17 and 18's energy reactors and become Super 21?
1) I don't think things will be that different King Cold would have been rofl stomp by Mirai Trunks anyway.

2) Here I think the fusion would have been stronger in terms of power

3) I don't know.

4) Now that what if is more interesting that mean Cell could have been a temporary ally to the Z Warrior or he too would have been absorbed too ?

Now I have a what if for you guys, What if the plot of Fusions and Legends are combined ? What sort of story we would have ?
Unfortunately I don't know much about Fusions. Have heard that it is quite interesting, but nothing like Heroes. As for Legends, I haven't completed the story mode yet and truth be told, Legends' story itself could be vastly better than what it is (yet another retelling of some important Z and original DB events).

For me, not mixing Fusion would be enough, given Legends gave off some more interesting story about the ancient Saiyans who are actually a major thing in the game. No idea why we haven't gotten anything about Cumber and Yamoshi yet (in my knowing) when Shallot and Giblet are ancient Saiyans from two different factions (evil and good). What else do we need?

Anyway, it is an interesting what if. For me, adding the two together would bring Fusions story more close to the ground, while also allowing for Legends' story to become something more than another Z storytelling from a different perspective.
My posts will speak for myself! :)

User avatar
Dragon Ball Gus
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm
Location: Planet Sadla

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:46 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:40 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:16 pm
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:36 pm
1) Instead of trying to find Freeza's broken body parts, What If King Cold trained a month before his arrival on Earth?

2) What If Kami wished himself to be young during the three year gap before the arrival of the Androids?

3) [can be connected to the second question] What If Kami was the dominant body of the Kamiccolo merger?

4) What If Android 21 was the main antagonist of the Android Arc and had 13's powers to absorb 17 and 18's energy reactors and become Super 21?
1) I don't think things will be that different King Cold would have been rofl stomp by Mirai Trunks anyway.

2) Here I think the fusion would have been stronger in terms of power

3) I don't know.

4) Now that what if is more interesting that mean Cell could have been a temporary ally to the Z Warrior or he too would have been absorbed too ?

Now I have a what if for you guys, What if the plot of Fusions and Legends are combined ? What sort of story we would have ?
Unfortunately I don't know much about Fusions. Have heard that it is quite interesting, but nothing like Heroes. As for Legends, I haven't completed the story mode yet and truth be told, Legends' story itself could be vastly better than what it is (yet another retelling of some important Z and original DB events).

For me, not mixing Fusion would be enough, given Legends gave off some more interesting story about the ancient Saiyans who are actually a major thing in the game. No idea why we haven't gotten anything about Cumber and Yamoshi yet (in my knowing) when Shallot and Giblet are ancient Saiyans from two different factions (evil and good). What else do we need?

Anyway, it is an interesting what if. For me, adding the two together would bring Fusions story more close to the ground, while also allowing for Legends' story to become something more than another Z storytelling from a different perspective.
Hey Marshal, can I get your perspective on my four What Ifs?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Post Reply