The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:33 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:41 am When Jiren broke out of Hit's Time Cage, Kaioshin said that meant his power was 'beyond time itself'.

So if Jiren was at his full power and fighting Whis, and Whis used his Temporal Do-Over technique, would Jiren be unaffected by it, or at least remember the 3 minutes that were rewound?
That's some serious Kind Crimson/Killer Queen Bites the Dust shit right there lmao. I genuinely have no idea. Shin's statements are valid, but again and again has he contradicted himself. I doubt that such an ability could be 'tanked'. Especially when talking about 3 whole minutes. The Time skips never reached a second even at their max. The pocket dimension hack also didn't last longer than that. As for the Time Cage, I can hardly see it being a thing for less that a minute and even if that was Supressed Jiren, I can even see SFP/LB Jiren being stopped for at least 30 seconds.

But I don't think that Jiren is multi-dimensional. Just plainly strong enough to affect the space-time continuum.
P O W E R

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:33 am
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:41 am When Jiren broke out of Hit's Time Cage, Kaioshin said that meant his power was 'beyond time itself'.

So if Jiren was at his full power and fighting Whis, and Whis used his Temporal Do-Over technique, would Jiren be unaffected by it, or at least remember the 3 minutes that were rewound?
That's some serious Kind Crimson/Killer Queen Bites the Dust shit right there lmao. I genuinely have no idea. Shin's statements are valid, but again and again has he contradicted himself. I doubt that such an ability could be 'tanked'. Especially when talking about 3 whole minutes. The Time skips never reached a second even at their max. The pocket dimension hack also didn't last longer than that. As for the Time Cage, I can hardly see it being a thing for less that a minute and even if that was Supressed Jiren, I can even see SFP/LB Jiren being stopped for at least 30 seconds.

But I don't think that Jiren is multi-dimensional. Just plainly strong enough to affect the space-time continuum.
I was more just asking if his resistance to the one technique would carry over to the other, because they both involve time, although they work differently.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:36 pm

Knowing Jiren he would probably just say "No" to time being rewound and it would work. Although Angel's are far more powerful than Jiren so I could see it working anyways, as they "outrank" Jirens transcendence of time.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:27 pm

What if instead of the Super 17 Arc, the arc after Baby was about a group of Namekians, the leader/father being a survivor of the great famine of the Original Namek, who open a portal to Hell in order to manifest that portal to the Demon Realm to release their master, a Namekian who once was an apprentice of Shin, before he picked Kibito, who was also a survivor of the famine and actually made the famine worse when he unleashed the Demon Realm upon the Original Polunga, which made the original Namekian Dragon Balls cracked and unleashed a "shadowy" threat (see what I did there?) and thus was banished to the Demon Realm, with the belief that the universe would be better without the gods?
Caulifla best girl! :)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:35 am

Vegetes wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:34 pm During the Namek saga, what if Dende specified to the Namekian Dragon to not teleport Vegeta back to Earth out of spite, similar to how he didn't immediately heal Vegeta.
Vegeta steals Ginyu's pod and Goku either days or arrives on Yardrat a few moments after him. If Goku arrives Vegeta spends the year with him desperately trying to learn Super Saiyan.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:03 am

Okay, since apparently no one seemed to give a shit about that one scenario I asked about a different arc replacing the Super 17 Arc, I'll just ask a What If that's actually set in that arc:

GT What If:
What If Vegeta went Super Saiyan 4 in the Super 17 Arc?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:34 am

What if Kakarotto landed near Red Ribbon Army base?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:38 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:03 am Okay, since apparently no one seemed to give a shit about that one scenario I asked about a different arc replacing the Super 17 Arc, I'll just ask a What If that's actually set in that arc:

GT What If:
What If Vegeta went Super Saiyan 4 in the Super 17 Arc?
Vegeta's advantage would gradually fade away. Vegeta would make the same foolish mistake as Goku and feed him a hell lot of ki. He is more prone to those attacks than Goku, so he would do it even faster. But Goku would show up just in time and even if Goku does spam some ki, with SS4 Vegeta's help they would kill the android.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:27 pm What if instead of the Super 17 Arc, the arc after Baby was about a group of Namekians, the leader/father being a survivor of the great famine of the Original Namek, who open a portal to Hell in order to manifest that portal to the Demon Realm to release their master, a Namekian who once was an apprentice of Shin, before he picked Kibito, who was also a survivor of the famine and actually made the famine worse when he unleashed the Demon Realm upon the Original Polunga, which made the original Namekian Dragon Balls cracked and unleashed a "shadowy" threat (see what I did there?) and thus was banished to the Demon Realm, with the belief that the universe would be better without the gods?
If the 7 dragons from Namek's DB show up in GT, and if their size are anything to go by, then the weakest would probably be as strong as Omega Shenron. SS4 Gogeta should have to unlock SS5. Or better, SS4 Vegito(before the retcon he was a forever kinda fusion), would have to go all out and test the new depths of SS4. Probably not enough for that kind of threat.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:50 am

Speaking of, what if the Super Dragon Balls had Shadow Dragons. Say after Super, Goku and the gang train nonstop for years up until the point where the Shadow Dragon Arc starts in GT, and the Super Dragon Balls of Universe 7 release their own Dragons.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:27 pm

Vegetes wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:50 am Speaking of, what if the Super Dragon Balls had Shadow Dragons. Say after Super, Goku and the gang train nonstop for years up until the point where the Shadow Dragon Arc starts in GT, and the Super Dragon Balls of Universe 7 release their own Dragons.
That would be OP as fuck. The weakest dragon could be like a hakaishin at least, and the strongest might rival angels. Anyway, it seems like a task for the Grand Priest and those 4 that are with him in the multiverse's top 5 of fighters. Goku, Jiren, Broly, they would be all way out of their league.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:42 pm

What if Goku Black decided to team up with Moro instead of teaming up with Future Zamasu?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:04 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:42 pm What if Goku Black decided to team up with Moro instead of teaming up with Future Zamasu?
It's hard to imagine such a scenario, because Black and Moro are basically the exact opposite. Personality-wise, Zamasu values all life in the universe and seeks to restore the cosmos to its original beauty, while Moro has no care whatsoever for the well-being of creation. Also Zamasu's plan relies entirely on decimating all mortals in the cosmos and literally annihilating their planets to remake them in his image, so he'd basically deprive Moro of the fuel he needs to restore himself.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:22 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:42 pm What if Goku Black decided to team up with Moro instead of teaming up with Future Zamasu?
It would be a weird team, Moro teamming up with a kaioshin would have both of them on the look-out of a potential betrayal. Eventually I see Black betraying Moro and stabbing him in the back after pretending to be the perfect ally.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:57 pm

What if Upon leaving Namek, Goku went to planet Metamor instead of Yardrat and learnt the Fusion dance instead of Instant Transmission?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Mad Swami wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:57 pm What if Upon leaving Namek, Goku went to planet Metamor instead of Yardrat and learnt the Fusion dance instead of Instant Transmission?
I don't see that Goku interested in joining forces at that kind of level. He probably would learn it and never mind it at all. Android saga didn't need fusion, on top of that Vegeta would've never fused with him and Gohan was too short.
Now, not having IT would probably bring some trouble. Tenshinhan and Piccolo would've died against 2nd form Cell, Dende would've never come to Earth and the DBs would've died when Kami became one with Piccolo again. In his fight with Cell, Goku would get seriously injured while Cell would not, and Earth of course would be destroyed by an exploding Cell. Or maybe, Gohan tried his luck and destroyed Cell before he could actually explode.
Then probably fusion would be used to take Fat Buu at some point, with Goku and Vegeta having a much more relaxed relationship because they already duked it out years ago. Or even a fusion between Goku and Gohan.

The movies would've had them fuse though:
-in namek vs Metal Cooler, Goku and Vegeta against all odds probably would fuse.
-android 13 movie might have them do it as well, with Piccolo or Trunks stalling the android.
-I don't see Broly letting them fuse.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:21 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am
Mad Swami wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:57 pm What if Upon leaving Namek, Goku went to planet Metamor instead of Yardrat and learnt the Fusion dance instead of Instant Transmission?
I don't see that Goku interested in joining forces at that kind of level. He probably would learn it and never mind it at all. Android saga didn't need fusion, on top of that Vegeta would've never fused with him and Gohan was too short.
Now, not having IT would probably bring some trouble. Tenshinhan and Piccolo would've died against 2nd form Cell, Dende would've never come to Earth and the DBs would've died when Kami became one with Piccolo again. In his fight with Cell, Goku would get seriously injured while Cell would not, and Earth of course would be destroyed by an exploding Cell. Or maybe, Gohan tried his luck and destroyed Cell before he could actually explode.
Then probably fusion would be used to take Fat Buu at some point, with Goku and Vegeta having a much more relaxed relationship because they already duked it out years ago. Or even a fusion between Goku and Gohan.

The movies would've had them fuse though:
-in namek vs Metal Cooler, Goku and Vegeta against all odds probably would fuse.
-android 13 movie might have them do it as well, with Piccolo or Trunks stalling the android.
-I don't see Broly letting them fuse.
Pretty fair

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:35 pm

What-if by some miracle, Beerus and Whis were able to recruit Arayle, Moro, F. Trunks, and Broly for the ToP? Instead of Tien, Krillin, 18, and Roshi. Would universe 7 have an easy victory? Or do you feel, that this new roster of characters would make things worse off for U7?

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:10 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:35 pm What-if by some miracle, Beerus and Whis were able to recruit Arayle, Moro, F. Trunks, and Broly for the ToP? Instead of Tien, Krillin, 18, and Roshi. Would universe 7 have an easy victory? Or do you feel, that this new roster of characters would make things worse off for U7?
Arayle would probably get beat by Frost or something as Frost might fool Arayle he is a fun friend or something. I don't imagine Arayle would last too long and do much but probably accumulate a decent amount of victories against nobodies. Moro would absorb GOD Toppo probably during a sneak attack and would actually have the largest increase through the entire tournament. F. Trunks would probably be happy seeing a new and better Gohan and the two would probably take Kale and Caulifla. Broly would attempt to not get angry but I think after relizing the stakes and the fact Cheelai could die (Assuming this scenario is just rearranging the broly movie and the top arc) upon this realization Broly would transform into his Full power Super Saiyan state distracting a suppressed Jiren only to be knocked out. I imagine this distraction would be long enough for Goku to recover or something. Idk my initial thoughts, will probably sit on this scenario longer and see where I differ

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:21 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:35 pm What-if by some miracle, Beerus and Whis were able to recruit Arayle, Moro, F. Trunks, and Broly for the ToP? Instead of Tien, Krillin, 18, and Roshi. Would universe 7 have an easy victory? Or do you feel, that this new roster of characters would make things worse off for U7?
Arale, as a gag character, probably would dispatch a lot of the fodder but Jiren would eventually ring her out in a way that lets Arale save some face and have us all chuckle.

SSR Trunks, Android 17 (nice team up) and Ultimate Gohan could work together to deal with base Toppo, I believe they could push him hard and force him to go GoD. Golden Freeza would jump in to help the trio, but probably to no use, and SSBE Vegeta would have to intervene.
The saiyagirls I have them not even getting to fuse because of the new recruits. Trunks, Gohan, Freeza, some of them would eventually defeat them, with Goku not getting to use his 2nd omen. With Trunks I don't see the need for Gohan to sacrifice himself vs Dyspo.

Moro is a mystery, we don't know if he could actually absorb the hakai energy from Toppo, or if he could even do anything to Hit's time skip or time cage. I'm not sure if Dyspo couldn't get to him before he absorbs his ki. We've seen too little of him for now, so I'll assume he will find some trouble. I'm inclined to believe a hakaishin, even a newborn like Toppo, could take Moro.

Broly is the real addition, the thing is he has to keep his cool, he is a tougher case than Kale. If Broly loses it he can be a serious threat to everyone who is not SSB level, which is most of the people. He could kill, say Jizeme in a heartbeat, or that old guy from U2 (no, not Bono) that inherited Ribrianne's clothes. That alone would get him disqualified. When he went into his ohzaru form, he shot that blast from his mouth like he couldn't keep it inside anymore, in the ToP that has got to hit some poor soul walking by. Maybe even a teammate. And if he powers up to SS then things will get even more dangerous for U7, although probably Jiren would jump in and put him out as soon as possible like with Kale, Majikayo or like he took out Hit. If Jiren decides to go meditate, then SS Broly is guaranteed to kill someone.
The greatest problem is that if he does not lose it, he will be of little help, SSGod tier characters would defeat him with ease.

I think the Broly addition would end up making things worse, the Trunks could end up as fruitful, Arale would be useful to deal with boring threats. And Moro I prefer to be cautious with him. I could say he might absorb everyone's power at the very beginning of the ToP and win it but that would be dull, although possible.

By the end, I guess Trunks, Gohan, 17, Freeza (one of them might get ringed out by Hakaishin Toppo), Goku and Vegeta would have to go against Jiren. FP Jiren would take them all out, except for 2nd Omen Goku. Jiren used Goku v Kefla to learn omen's movements and to know how to fight Goku, without that info he would have some trouble vs Goku, but would eventually defeat him, because just like vs Kefla, Goku won't sustain omen for too long.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:32 am

I've asked the wacky What If question about a normal everyday Joe dying and getting reincarnated in the Dragon Ball world as Freeza. Now I'll ask a similar What If, only more in-universe:

What If after getting sliced in half by Future Trunks, Freeza got reincarnated as a human female, born around the same time as Present Trunks and Goten?