The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 14, 2022 10:06 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:13 pm What if Bulma and Yamcha never broke up, and Vegeta somehow ended up with someone else? How to you think this would change the course of the series?
Trunks would be super weak as a human unless he gets sometype of power up. Toriyama could give Trunks a power suit similar to Iron Man and the Knight Sabers in Bubblegum Crisis. It can explain on how he can beat Freeza and it would be the first time that someone uses high tech gadgets to be super strong. However, Kid Trunks would be useless in fusion with Goten. Even if Yamcha never retire from fighting, Trunks would still be weaker than Goten. Piccolo would have use the mafuba on Super Buu or Goku would have end up killing Fat Buu.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed May 18, 2022 5:31 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:13 pm What if Bulma and Yamcha never broke up, and Vegeta somehow ended up with someone else? How to you think this would change the course of the series?
So in universe trunks might not make it especially in the zamasu arc. And gotenks would not be that good.

However out of universe we know it would just be written differently. I'd like to see a trunks with the size changing watch and hologram thing, kaioken and other shit to stall Freeza or pretend to join him untill Goku gets back.

Gohan would probably be the one they stall for. Not sure what Buu would do when he sensed Gohan and decided to absorb gotenks if there is no gotenks.

Vegeta would stay dead after Buu probably. But he might also not go majin because of the component of resenting his own happiness as much.

He might just pair vegeta off with someone and have them give him a kid to take trunks place.

Bulma might get less screen time but Yamcha a little more.

There's a lot of ways he could take it. If vegeta stays dead then piccolo maintains his no.2 spot to Goku.

Super would be better imo.

Vegetas ok in the super manga but insufferable in the anime.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed May 18, 2022 6:46 pm

What if Freeza was never born. Would King Cold still keep the Saiyans alive?
She/Her

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat May 21, 2022 12:58 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:46 pm What if Freeza was never born. Would King Cold still keep the Saiyans alive?
In the original continuity, no.

The Super retcon, also no. Beerus ordered the destruction in the new continuity.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 21, 2022 2:31 pm

Beerus may forced it on Cold to do it. However, he never fear the Super Saiyan Legend like Freeza did.
She/Her

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Tue May 24, 2022 7:27 pm

TobyS wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:31 pm
So in universe trunks might not make it especially in the zamasu arc. And gotenks would not be that good.

However out of universe we know it would just be written differently. I'd like to see a trunks with the size changing watch and hologram thing, kaioken and other shit to stall Freeza or pretend to join him untill Goku gets back.

Gohan would probably be the one they stall for. Not sure what Buu would do when he sensed Gohan and decided to absorb gotenks if there is no gotenks.

Vegeta would stay dead after Buu probably. But he might also not go majin because of the component of resenting his own happiness as much.

He might just pair vegeta off with someone and have them give him a kid to take trunks place.

There's a lot of ways he could take it. If vegeta stays dead then piccolo maintains his no.2 spot to Goku.

Piccolo is nowhere near the #2 character even without Vegeta in the picture, because Gohan and Gotenks would still be a thing.

And there's virtually little difference in character between Super Manga Vegeta and Super Anime Vegeta. If anything, didn't the ToP manga have Vegeta throw a whole temper tantrum over Goku like in the 17 arc of GT lol (which is something he never did at any point in the Super Anime)?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue May 24, 2022 8:13 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:27 pm

Piccolo is nowhere near the #2 character even without Vegeta in the picture, because Gohan and Gotenks would still be a thing.

And there's virtually little difference in character between Super Manga Vegeta and Super Anime Vegeta. If anything, didn't the ToP manga have Vegeta throw a whole temper tantrum over Goku like in the 17 arc of GT lol (which is something he never did at any point in the Super Anime)?
I've been meaning to make my first foray into DB video essays on this topic but no Vegeta is still an overly tsundere weird nutcase despite being like a 50 y.o with kids. He goes SS Blue when someone holds his kids wrong, Vegeta is much more friendly and conversational with the rest of the dragon team in the manga.

It's subtle but it's there. The anime just hams stuff up, like how they make chichi a complete psycho instead of a concerned parent.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat May 28, 2022 1:16 pm

What if Frost was born in Universe 7 and Frieza's younger brother?

(obviously not the same absurd DBS levels of power - just the same character)

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:33 pm

Peach wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:16 pm What if Frost was born in Universe 7 and Frieza's younger brother?

(obviously not the same absurd DBS levels of power - just the same character)
Well…one of two things would happen to ol frost. He’d probably be killed by Frieza at one point. Or would be forced under stronger/older brother’s foot. And frieza would send him to unknown regions of the galaxy. And watch over a bunch of pathetic planets.

After frieza and Cold’s death, he would take over frieza’s empire. Leave Goku and his world alone . Appreciating what Goku/trunks did for him.

We wouldn’t see him again until RoF. Maybe Frost is a littler nicer than his brother. And has turned the empire into a slightly less tyrannical empire. Maybe made a deal with the Galactic king. Forming a truce. However frieza has loyalists who hate frost and bring back frieza.

Frost hasn’t trained ever like frieza. Because he never had too. So, I would say he is a little weaker than final form I’ll power frieza. Frieza returns and being stronger takes over. But keeps his brother around. Cause he needs a sparring partner (punching bag). Frieza reaches rof power levels. Frost grows too, but not anywhere near golden frieza levels. At best reaches ultimate gohan levels. But left imprisoned on another planet.

Frieza is killed like in canon. Frost breaks free. Retakes over the empire and realizes that he needs to become stronger. To prevent those from overtaking him. He, instead of frieza enters the tournament of power. Becomes friendly with Goku and the gang. Starts to become a better person. Finds Broly and recruits him has him part of his empire. Doesn’t bring him to earth.

Moro and frost go up against one another. Asks goku and Vegeta for help. And there we have Broly join the fray. Three saiyans Vs the goat. Moro become stronger in this canon. But is defeated by the combined might of the heroes.

Granolah arc isn’t finished so we will see what happens after the arc ends.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:05 pm

What if Piccolo Daimo didn't die? Would he still follow the same path as his son, or still be very evil?
She/Her

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:02 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:05 pm What if Piccolo Daimo didn't die? Would he still follow the same path as his son, or still be very evil?
I think he would still turn good, but he wouldn't have Piccolo Jr's desire to fight fairly. Like how Piccolo joined the tournament legitimately. I don't see Daimao challenging him at an event like that.

Daimao would also keep his abilities obviously. Like the ability to create offspring, which I'm sure he would do when Goku went to train with Kami and when Piccolo prepared for Vegeta & Nappa.

I think he would be prone to frustration more when overpowered and wouldn't be as level headed as Piccolo Jr too.

My instincts tell me that he would still save Gohan's life and would still turn good. He felt a kinship with his offspring and actually cared when they died. There's no reason he can't learn to care about others too.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:35 pm

What if Piccolo and Gohan got the power boost they got in the new film (including transformations) for the tournament of power, but for whatever reason Goku and Vegeta couldn't participate. And let's say Goten and Trunks rounded the team count back to ten. Can they still win? How do they fare against Jiren, Toppo, Aniraza, Kefla, etc?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:07 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:35 pm What if Piccolo and Gohan got the power boost they got in the new film (including transformations) for the tournament of power, but for whatever reason Goku and Vegeta couldn't participate. And let's say Goten and Trunks rounded the team count back to ten. Can they still win? How do they fare against Jiren, Toppo, Aniraza, Kefla, etc?
Spoilers

I haven’t see the movie but from the clips and spoilers I have seen and heard. Final Gohan and Orange Piccolo are powerful. And the movies seem to follow its own continuity. So I will do my best. I will merge the manga and anime to get an understanding of their powers during the tournament.

So Gohan in ultimate is SsjB tier. Personally in the anime, I saw him around Ssjgod+. Since he couldn’t do crap to toppo. And in the manga beat Kefla. This is a good compromise.

Piccolo, I will have him around ultimate gohan (Buu saga)

Okay, I will say that the team listens to gohan more since Goku and Vegeta aren’t around. So they stay longer. But things fall apart after the first Jiren fight.

I have final gohan around omen 3 level (during the top). But he doesn’t have stamina issue.

Jiren is forced to try and maybe go all out. And after a tough battle he beats him. He bests him with mid difficulty.

To be honest it’s hard to place Jiren now. In the manga he did defeat ui Goku but took a lot of power. In the anime he defeated almost every foe besides ui Goku. And in the movie is stated that he may have not been as strong as Vegeta thought. Jiren was instead a better combatant then overwhelming fore of power. Idk by how much stronger. You can argue from beginning or after Vegeta Goku kept growing, closing the gap. But in the movie he is often associated with Broly and the gods. So he is a fierce opponent.

Orange piccolo can take out a tired Jiren. But loses to god toppo and Dyspo.

It ends with u11 winning and Jiren making the wish. And everyone gets erased.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:08 pm

How would the rest of DBZ and Super play out, if, instead of fusing with Kami before confronting Cell, Piccolo gets his potential unleashed and Orange form?

Obviously he'd be stronger than normal at first, but I'm interested in how the rest of the series would play out

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:30 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:08 pm How would the rest of DBZ and Super play out, if, instead of fusing with Kami before confronting Cell, Piccolo gets his potential unleashed and Orange form?

Obviously he'd be stronger than normal at first, but I'm interested in how the rest of the series would play out
Orange piccolo would probably be around semi perfect level. He would kill imperfect cell. And for the rest of the saga. The saiyans would try to reach his level. Gohan doesn’t get ssj2. Goku doesn’t die. Doesn’t learn ssj3 or the fusion. Trunks trains with Vegeta still. And becomes stronger so he can kill his androids.

The androids are spared. 18 still marries Krillin. Goku and Vegeta become sparing buddies. Vegeta is less inclined to be all murdery. They become ssj2 by the time of the Buu saga. Gohan studies mostly and occasionally trains with Goku. Obtains Ssj. Piccolo has the edge over everyone. He is almost ssj3 level.

Babidi tries to go after piccolo, to power up buu’s coffin. They are able to steal his power. And Buu wakes up. Piccolo however kills Buu. Kaioshin thanks piccolo. Old Kai is never set free. No fusion. Goku and the other saiyans don’t really grow. And no Buu.

By the bog, Kami is dying. Piccolo, then fuses with him. He is now around ultimate gohan to buuhan level. He is first to fight Beerus. Loses badly.

The saiyan duo have reached high ssj2 levels of power. Almost ssj3 levels. They get stomped by Beerus. They perform the ritual because gohan married videl after being forced to train her. Meeting her during the Buu saga.

Goku becomes Ssjgod. Give Beerus a decent battle.

Rof goes the same for the most part. Goku and Vegeta go train with Whis. They obtain SsjB the same. However piccolo is able to fight frieza’s first form. And combat final form. But loses to his final form after a decent battle.

Goku and Vegeta arrive. Frieza is too tired to go golden. And Vegeta finishes him off. Gohan obtain ssj2 finally.

U6 to Black saga goes the same. This is where Vegeta and Goku start to gain the edge over Piccolo in terms of power.

Top: piccolo trains with gohan. Gohan becomes pretty strong and decides to unlock his potential like piccolo did. Becoming very strong. He would unlock his final form thanks to the wish. Everything gets easier. For u7. It goes the same.

Broly: Piccolo helps out against Broly. But Gogeta beats him.

Moro: Piccolo defeats 7/3 much easier. Actually does some damage to Moro. But Goku beats him.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:07 pm

What if after the ToP, Jiren decided to train in U7 with Goku and Vegeta? Let’s say he was involved in Broly arc, Moro, and Granolah arc. How would they change? And how strong would he become?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:05 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:07 pm What if after the ToP, Jiren decided to train in U7 with Goku and Vegeta? Let’s say he was involved in Broly arc, Moro, and Granolah arc. How would they change? And how strong would he become?
Broly gets put down, or held off for fusion, he probably kills or arrests freeza.
Moro might absorb him and kill every one.
Granolah, depends on if Jiren is stronger now, and if the wishes are different because jiren is currently in U7. But a third guy that tier means they take Gas without needing UIO again at the team up stage.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:25 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:13 pm

I've been meaning to make my first foray into DB video essays on this topic but no Vegeta is still an overly tsundere weird nutcase despite being like a 50 y.o with kids. He goes SS Blue when someone holds his kids wrong, Vegeta is much more friendly and conversational with the rest of the dragon team in the manga.

It's subtle but it's there. The anime just hams stuff up, like how they make chichi a complete psycho instead of a concerned parent.
"Vegeta is much more friendly and conversational in the manga"

No he isn't lol, in fact he's never been shown to be normally friendly to anyone in any DB media, its simply not who he is. And the seen of him going SSB when they hold baby Bra wrong is just a silly gag scene, there's nothing "tsundere" about it you're taking it way too seriously lol.

"Like how they made Chichi a complete psycho instead of a concerned parent"

She's just as psycho in the original manga, the anime never adds anything to characters that wasn't present in the OG manga. Admit it, you just have a clear bias for the manga.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:19 pm

What if Beerus awaken earlier? For example, he awaken during the Cell Games or during the Buu saga.
She/Her

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:32 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:25 pm
TobyS wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:13 pm

"Vegeta is much more friendly and conversational in the manga"

No he isn't lol, in fact he's never been shown to be normally friendly to anyone in any DB media, its simply not who he is. And the seen of him going SSB when they hold baby Bra wrong is just a silly gag scene, there's nothing "tsundere" about it you're taking it way too seriously lol.

"Like how they made Chichi a complete psycho instead of a concerned parent"

She's just as psycho in the original manga, the anime never adds anything to characters that wasn't present in the OG manga. Admit it, you just have a clear bias for the manga.
Vegeta in the DBS anime is still obsessed with being better than Goku which he is supposed to have let go of his grudge against Goku.

The scene with Bra is obviously meant to be funny but it still exaggerates Vegeta's character in order for it to happen.

The anime adds a bunch of scenes where Chi-Chi is forcing Gohan to study every waking moment even forcing him to study when Goku is bed-ridden and there are killer androids on the loose, and buying weird shit like a study bed.

Chi-Chi in DBS also doesn't let Goten fight at all and rages at the very suggestion but unlike in Z she never calms down or make compromise. It goes against how she was in the Boo arc where she was the who taught Goten how to fight.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.