The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:22 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:52 am After being nearly killed by bebei GT piccolo gathers the regular Dragonballs and wishes for a potential unlock and orange.

What happens next.

Piccolo is now aware of bebeis body jumping ability after seeing him jump from goten to Gohan
I don’t think GT Piccolo is as strong as Super Piccolo, Pre-Superhero. I had super piccolo around Ssj vegito level, before he made the wish. Gt, would probably be around Ssj Goku (gt) level.

And he would easily be the most powerful hero in the series. I would think he would reach ssjgod (bog) /ssj4 gogeta levels. He eats the verse, prevents most threats. Goku lives and trains with piccolo as the two become stonger.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:30 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:52 am After being nearly killed by bebei GT piccolo gathers the regular Dragonballs and wishes for a potential unlock and orange.

What happens next.

Piccolo is now aware of bebeis body jumping ability after seeing him jump from goten to Gohan
Good what if idea

I think Piccolo would be above Baby Arc SSJ4 level, so he bets Baby; once he goes golden great ape, he puts up a brief fight but is killed. So they end up having to wish Vegeta back as well. However Goku got his tail pulled out, but hasn't reached SSJ4 yet.

When the earth explodes and stuff, Piccolo ends up being brought back, as he realizes he's needed to protect earth. Between arcs, Piccolo and Gohan train consistently, as well as with Goku occasionally

When Super 17 shows up, he beats down everyone, and Piccolo is lured into hell to be trapped. Here, Vegeta makes a powerball for Goku to go golden great ape, then eventually SSJ4. He has the upperhand at first, but 17 absorbs power and gets the advantage

Piccolo eventually escapes hell, and without announcing himself, would charge a special beam cannon and hit 17 from behind, so he can't absorb it. Then Goku and Gohan do a combined Kamehameha to wipe him out.

When the shadow dragons show up, I have a feeling Piccolo would want him, Goku, and Gohan to split up. Eventually Piccolo would find Syn, and actually beat him in his Orange form. Goku and Gohan defeat the other 6, though Nuova and Eis would cause a ton of trouble. I think they'd win though.

Once Syn becomes Omega, I think he would be just above Orange Piccolo in power. The fight would still be relatively even, because the power difference isn't big and Piccolo is more skilled.

I think Vegeta would show up, gain SSJ4, and do fusion like normal, and they would defuse like normal. During that time, Piccolo would use most of his power to destroy the negative energy infecting the universe.

In the end, all the Zfighters would give their energy to Piccolo and he'd use a full power light genade or some similar attack to wipe out Omega once and for all.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:43 am

Here's another idea. What if in Dragon Ball Super, once he gets his Orange form, Piccolo could absorb the dragon balls like Omega Shenron did, but the normal dragon balls, with positive energy rather than negative?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:51 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:43 am Here's another idea. What if in Dragon Ball Super, once he gets his Orange form, Piccolo could absorb the dragon balls like Omega Shenron did, but the normal dragon balls, with positive energy rather than negative?
Oh boy, he'd sure be OP as fuck.
Omega said he was 10x stronger than before, or even more, so Piccolo should get that type of a boost. I assume he'd be able to use the techniques the dragons had, so he'd be able to use electricity, control the tides (or winds), use cold and heat, pollute or unpollute waters. I think he might be able to heal himself just like Omega.

Against Cell Max, he’d be enough, probably no need for Gamma 2 to sacrifice himself, and probably strong enough to take on a finished Cell Max. I think he'd only be below Black Freeza and Beerus.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:27 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:51 pm
Champa The Destroyer wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:43 am Here's another idea. What if in Dragon Ball Super, once he gets his Orange form, Piccolo could absorb the dragon balls like Omega Shenron did, but the normal dragon balls, with positive energy rather than negative?
Omega said he was 10x stronger than before, or even more, so Piccolo should get that type of a boost. I assume he'd be able to use the techniques the dragons had, so he'd be able to use electricity, control the tides (or winds), use cold and heat, pollute or unpollute waters. I think he might be able to heal himself just like Omega.

Against Cell Max, he’d be enough, probably no need for Gamma 2 to sacrifice himself, and probably strong enough to take on a finished Cell Max. I think he'd only be below Black Freeza and Beerus.
What if we upgraded it to the Namekian Dragon Balls? Or Monaito's set?
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:26 am

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:27 am

What if we upgraded it to the Namekian Dragon Balls? Or Monaito's set?
He'd definitely be above Freeza with the namekian set, should be damn close to Beerus, too. If not stronger.
Monaito's are so strange and nothing was even remotely said about them, so who knows. He'd be getting energy from just two spheres, maybe that's not enough, maybe that would be too much. In any case, I doubt he'd get so many abilities from only two hypothetical dragons.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:06 pm

Yeah, I agree with that. I doubt they'd ever do it but I'd love to see him absorb the dragon balls in the future, maybe it would be an emergency thing he does to try to defeat a villain, like when he fused with Kami to fight the androids and cell.

My question now is...since normal Shenron could give Piccolo his ultimate form and orange form, and the dragon in the granolah arc gave Granolah and Gas a huge power in exchange for lifespan...and Super Shenron is known to have no limits or drawbacks...why didn't Zamasu or why hasn't anyone else tried to wish for power from Super Shenron? Or why hasn't a namekian wished for a new transformation but from the Super Dragon Balls? Surely it would be more insane than even the Orange form, right?

I mean, if Piccolo can get the Orange form from Shenron who's dende level, imagine the form or transformation that a limitless, universe sized dragon could give a namekian :wtf: I can imagine the namekians that tried to fight Moro would've beat his ass if they could've had the Super dragon balls lmao

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:55 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:06 pm

Yeah, I agree with that. I doubt they'd ever do it but I'd love to see him absorb the dragon balls in the future, maybe it would be an emergency thing he does to try to defeat a villain, like when he fused with Kami to fight the androids and cell.

My question now is...since normal Shenron could give Piccolo his ultimate form and orange form, and the dragon in the granolah arc gave Granolah and Gas a huge power in exchange for lifespan...and Super Shenron is known to have no limits or drawbacks...why didn't Zamasu or why hasn't anyone else tried to wish for power from Super Shenron? Or why hasn't a namekian wished for a new transformation but from the Super Dragon Balls? Surely it would be more insane than even the Orange form, right?

I mean, if Piccolo can get the Orange form from Shenron who's dende level, imagine the form or transformation that a limitless, universe sized dragon could give a namekian :wtf: I can imagine the namekians that tried to fight Moro would've beat his ass if they could've had the Super dragon balls lmao
That was actually addressed in the Broly movie. Goku wonders what could Freeza wish for, and discards that because it would be beyond Shenron's capabilities.
Piccolo got his because Dende enhanced Shenron even more, something I doubt happened with Porunga, at least in regards to that type of potential unlock. I mean, having Saichoro(and I guess Moori might've been able to do it, too) there to do the unlock would be enough.
It's also possible that all the namekians already had their potential unlocked, and they just didn't have that much hidden power? The namekian saviour sure was weak, but IIRC there weren't that many namek fighters left after that big flood.

Granny's wish got a lot of hate due to making previous wishes seem weak and lackluster, but it was that particular dragon that was broken, too bad they never explained anything about it.
About Zamasu, I guess he was more interested in having the strongest mortal coil he had knowledge about. The whole power at the exchange of life force seems like a monkey paw unique to Toronbo, but who knows?

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:46 am

What if Goku actually copied every single technique he saw, not just the Kamehameha, but any other technique he would have been capable of learning (no species exclusive stuff basically) upon seeing it?

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:49 am

Almighty Majin wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:46 am What if Goku actually copied every single technique he saw, not just the Kamehameha, but any other technique he would have been capable of learning (no species exclusive stuff basically) upon seeing it?
He would be so broken that villains (when he's allowed to kill them) would be dying pretty quickly
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:12 pm

Wrigglything wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:47 am What if the Dragon Balls do not allow for people to be revived?
I'm not sure if others have done this (they msot likely have), but I certainly think on how it would really affect the series Saiyan saga and beyond. How would they have dealt the Saiyans, Majin Boo and the Androids/Artificial Humans? Would they even go beyond Earth for Namek if they can't wish for their friends (and family for Gohan) back to life? Is there even a chance they would make it beyond the Saiyan attack?
I certainly think it would've been much closer to History of Trunks than the main series, that's for sure, although given the strength of all aforementioned threats Trunks' future might be seen as a blessing in disguise anyway.
Vegeta and Nappa would never go to Earth because Piccolo would not talk about the Dragon Balls after killing Raditz. Piccolo would have taken Gohan and try to use him as his own minion. Piccolo would still want to use Gohan after seeing him headbut Raditz. Gohan would probably have Piccolo end up turning good in the end. #17 and #18 would be weaker because Dr. Gero would have never gotten any data on Goku fighting against Vegeta and Freeza would have never gone to Earth. The two cyborgs would still be strong enough to kill Piccolo and the others. Cell could still exist with him having other DNA instead of having DNA of Vegeta, Freeza, and King Cold inside him. He would probably have the DNA of Goku, Piccolo, and the other human fighters. This version of Perfect Cell would still be below SSj level and I don't see him going past Earth.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Mystic_Cheese

Post by Mystic_Cheese » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:58 pm

What if Grandpa Gohan survived?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:22 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:06 pm why didn't Zamasu or why hasn't anyone else tried to wish for power from Super Shenron?
Well, Zamasu did wish for power from Super Shenron. He wished for Goku's body, which is overflowing with power and teeming with potential. And we see that Zamasu made good use of that power. As Goku Black, he and his Future counterpart were pretty much steamrolling the entire Multiverse, and Gowasu even praised Goku Black (Zamasu in Goku's body) as the strongest fighter on the battlefield.

I guess Zamasu wasn't interested just in raw power. He also needed to remain the strongest forever, and he knew that the Kais don't have a lot of potential to grow, while the Saiyans do, so he was also looking for a source of infinite potential; such as a saiyan's body.

Piccolo could afford to wish for just a one time "strongest" boost because he knows he has a lot of comrades who are equally strong and can help him in the future. He doesn't need to always be on top. Meanwhile, Zamasu was alone in his plan. Simply wishing for a massive power boost wouldn't be a smart idea because then, if he somehow got surpassed, he'd be stuck with a body that has little potential to grow, and then he'd be doomed. Instead, by taking Goku's body, he ensured a significant power boost as well as all those precious Zenkai cells for infinite growth. He was simply smarter and more calculating than Granolah, Gas, and Piccolo.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:07 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:22 pm
Champa The Destroyer wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:06 pm why didn't Zamasu or why hasn't anyone else tried to wish for power from Super Shenron?
Well, Zamasu did wish for power from Super Shenron. He wished for Goku's body, which is overflowing with power and teeming with potential. And we see that Zamasu made good use of that power. As Goku Black, he and his Future counterpart were pretty much steamrolling the entire Multiverse, and Gowasu even praised Goku Black (Zamasu in Goku's body) as the strongest fighter on the battlefield.

I guess Zamasu wasn't interested just in raw power. He also needed to remain the strongest forever, and he knew that the Kais don't have a lot of potential to grow, while the Saiyans do, so he was also looking for a source of infinite potential; such as a saiyan's body.

Piccolo could afford to wish for just a one time "strongest" boost because he knows he has a lot of comrades who are equally strong and can help him in the future. He doesn't need to always be on top. Meanwhile, Zamasu was alone in his plan. Simply wishing for a massive power boost wouldn't be a smart idea because then, if he somehow got surpassed, he'd be stuck with a body that has little potential to grow, and then he'd be doomed. Instead, by taking Goku's body, he ensured a significant power boost as well as all those precious Zenkai cells for infinite growth. He was simply smarter and more calculating than Granolah, Gas, and Piccolo.

Those are all good points. Imo goku has the perfect mixture of potential, fighting intellect, drive, and zenkai boosts.

And imo Goku Black has more potential than growth than maybe anyone else, considering he got all those insane boosts without training, going from SSJ2 Goku level to fighting both Blues at the same time and winning (after vegeta even trained in the time chamber), just from adapting during fights.

Imagine a what if Goku Black turned good scenario? By the time of the Moro or granolah arc he would've been insane, likely keeping up with ultra instinct and ultra ego power without his own ultra form. Maybe he'd have a Super Saiyan Rosé Evolution form?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:29 am

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:07 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:22 pm

Those are all good points. Imo goku has the perfect mixture of potential, fighting intellect, drive, and zenkai boosts.

And imo Goku Black has more potential than growth than maybe anyone else, considering he got all those insane boosts without training, going from SSJ2 Goku level to fighting both Blues at the same time and winning (after vegeta even trained in the time chamber), just from adapting during fights.
Indeed. Zamasu was playing the long con. When he first took Goku's body, he wasn't technically the strongest in the Multiverse (Future Trunks was a challenge for him initially), but thanks to all the Zenkai boosts, he grew tremendously in power. In the arc, he went from SS2 level to SSB level by just getting punched and kicked in the guts a few times by Goku.

Meanwhile, we see that Granolah and Gas made a flawed wish, because the wish only made them the strongest at the moment it was made, but it did not make them the strongest forever. Granolah was surpassed by Gas himself making the same wish, while Gas was surpassed by Black Frieza training in the special dimension. And once they were surpassed, they were pretty much doomed, because they had weak bodies that lack potential. Granolah could never hope to surpass Gas, and Gas could never hope to surpass Black Frieza.

Whereas Goku Black was capable of and did surpass his enemies several times, thanks to all the Zenkai boosts.

Now I ask myself, what will Piccolo do once he gets surpassed and left in the dust in a future arc? Will he train to try and catch up? That's impossible, because Namekian bodies are weak and are not known for their potential. You can see why Zamasu was smarter with the wish he made.
Imagine a what if Goku Black turned good scenario? By the time of the Moro or granolah arc he would've been insane, likely keeping up with ultra instinct and ultra ego power without his own ultra form. Maybe he'd have a Super Saiyan Rosé Evolution form?
Well, if we take Heroes into account, we don't have to imagine at all. Even though Goku Black remains a villain, he is able to evolve his Super Saiyan Rosé form to its maximum potential, where he even gains hyper regeneration capabilities, making him almost immortal. He was literally able to keep up with SSB Gogeta, the same SSB Gogeta that almost killed Broly in the movie. Black was so strong that Gogeta had to use SSB Evolved to finally put him down.

Ofc this is just Heroes and its dubious how canon this all is, but it gives us a pretty good look at just how much Black still had left to grow.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:08 am

What if Goten was born in the Future Trunks timeline? He was born a month after Trunks was in this timeline.
She/Her

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:06 pm

What if Android 19 killed Goku and absorbed all his ki before Vegeta arrived?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:02 pm

Peach wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:06 pm What if Android 19 killed Goku and absorbed all his ki before Vegeta arrived?
Then, if Son Gohan had been present or at the very least had sensed his father's death, Son Gohan would have received such a Rage Boost that he would have achieved Wrathful Saiyan, False Super Saiyan, or Super Saiyan and then temporarily far surpassed his father's Power Level as a Super Saiyan, right before, the transformed Son Gohan would have attacked and then absolutely destroyed Android 19 before Vegeta would have been able to have made his very own presence known to absolutely everyone on the battlefield.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:37 pm

Peach wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:06 pm What if Android 19 killed Goku and absorbed all his ki before Vegeta arrived?
Gohan would probably become a SSj, and end up defeating #19. Gero would try to escape until Vegeta arrives, and kills him. Vegeta is let down that the cyborgs were not as powerful as he hopes, and is upset that Goku is gone. Future Trunk shows up, and tells everyone that those were not the real cyborgs. I could see Vegeta wanting to awaken #17 and #18 just to fight them. He would probably try to find them, but won't have much luck. Meanwhile, Cell arrives and would probably end up absorbing #17 & #18 in Gero's lab. You would still have a Cell Games, but Gohan won't have anyone to train with. He could train by himself, but I doubt it. Without Goku training Gohan, you won't have Gohan able to become SSj2. Cell would have end up winning the Cell games, and kill the Z fighters. I doubt he would have destroyed the Earth because he would let his Cell Jr's create chaos.

Seven years, Cell would have sense Babidi and Dabra near by. Cell would have been strong enough to defeat Dabra on his own, and kill Babidi before Buu was awaken. Beerus would show up, and would be disappointed that there is no Super Saiyan God. You would have never worried about Freeza coming back because Dende would probably be killed at this point. Universe 6 Tournament-TOP would not happen because you have no Goku. Broly would be on his own on Vampa, and Moro would probably escape on his own. He would have likely never heard about Earth seeing that Goku and Vegeta are not around. Granolah would still be on his own as well.
She/Her

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:58 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:08 am What if Goten was born in the Future Trunks timeline? He was born a month after Trunks was in this timeline.
Goten might've lived and grown up to help Trunks fight but ultimately, even three Saiyans couldn't have taken on the Androids in the future timeline as they were. If both Goten & Trunks travelled to the past though, their chances of saving their future from the Androids and even helping the Z Senshi against Cell would have improved greatly. If Cell had to contend with two, no-nonsense Saiyans that had SSJ Grade 2(not counting Vegeta's easily-manipulated ass) before he reached his Perfect form, things might've ended with Cell getting destroyed thus, the Cell Games never happening. However, SSJ2(and by extension, SSJ3) may not be discovered in either timeline and it would be to the detriment of both as; A, the Z Senshi of the main timeline wouldn't be strong enough to contend with Majin Boo once he awakened, and B, the Future Saiyans would not be strong enough to contend with Dabra once he & Babidi arrived on Earth which would lead to Majin Boo waking up and killing Trunks, Goten, Shin, and Kibito.
It's possible that things went as they should have gone for Trunks with Goten not being born in the future timeline.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: