The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: General What-If thread

Post by supercat » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:06 pm

In hopes of achieving additional Zenkais, Vegeta convinces Krillin and Dende to repeat the same process of attack and repair four more times. How would Vegeta's fight with Frieza unfold after the trio has pulled off the maneuver four times as planned? Keep in mind, any additional improvement would be on top of the power that Vegeta has already gained through his initial Zenkai.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:58 pm

What if Nappa got killed by Krillin's attack? What could happen? If Vegeta killed Gohan, Krillin and Piccolo. Could Goku be angry enough to kill Vegeta or go into some type of false SSj state similar what happen in DBZ Movie 4?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:10 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Nappa got killed by Krillin's attack? What could happen? If Vegeta killed Gohan, Krillin and Piccolo. Could Goku be angry enough to kill Vegeta or go into some type of false SSj state similar what happen in DBZ Movie 4?
Definitely would not go False SSJ. lol.

I think Vegeta would probably dispatch of Krillin quickly, but that would trigger Gohan's rage, knocking Vegeta senseless. When Gohan cools down, Vegeta would be in such shock and disbelief that he would torture the kid and take his time--long enough for Goku to arrive. Ultimately, however, Goku and Gohan would both be killed because there'd be no one to fire the spirit bomb. Well... unless Yajirobe steps in and solidifies himself as the MVP of that battle. Assuming that does happen, it's possible Bulma and Gohan would wait till Goku recovers before going to Namek. Without the gravity chamber (they'd likely use Kami's ship), Goku would not be all that useful against the Ginyu Force, and they die there.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:23 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Nappa got killed by Krillin's attack? What could happen? If Vegeta killed Gohan, Krillin and Piccolo. Could Goku be angry enough to kill Vegeta or go into some type of false SSj state similar what happen in DBZ Movie 4?

I think Vegeta would probably dispatch of Krillin quickly, but that would trigger Gohan's rage, knocking Vegeta senseless. When Gohan cools down, Vegeta would be in such shock and disbelief that he would torture the kid and take his time--long enough for Goku to arrive. Ultimately, however, Goku and Gohan would both be killed because there'd be no one to fire the spirit bomb. Well... unless Yajirobe steps in and solidifies himself as the MVP of that battle. Assuming that does happen, it's possible Bulma and Gohan would wait till Goku recovers before going to Namek. Without the gravity chamber (they'd likely use Kami's ship), Goku would not be all that useful against the Ginyu Force, and they die there.
Where would Piccolo be during all of this? No Nappa = no one to kill Piccolo.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:44 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Where would Piccolo be during all of this? No Nappa = no one to kill Piccolo.
Oh, did that Kienzan scene happen before Piccolo died? I forgot.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:55 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:

If they wait for Goku to heal, then they might just use the modified Saiyan ship anyway.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:00 am

I think if Goku sees everyone dead expect for Gohan, he would have killed Vegeta with major Kaioken rage. Goku would have killed Vegeta fast before he can do anything. Without Krillin, they would never go Namek since it was his idea to go to Namek. Even if they do, Goku would have died against the Ginyu force.
She/Her

supercat

Post by supercat » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:17 am

What if Dabura survived his brutal scuffle with Buu and promptly aligned himself with the Z-Fighters?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:37 am

supercat wrote:What if Dabura survived his brutal scuffle with Buu and promptly aligned himself with the Z-Fighters?
He would have turned Majin Boo into stone.

vegeta623i

Post by vegeta623i » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:46 am

What if elder kai unlocked goku's full potential instead of gohan would he have been stronger than ultimate gohan and how strong would have become

supercat

Post by supercat » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:49 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
supercat wrote:What if Dabura survived his brutal scuffle with Buu and promptly aligned himself with the Z-Fighters?
I don't think the story would allow a victory that would be so easily attainable. :lol:

On a serious note, without resorting to cheap tricks, what kind of asset would he have been to the Z-Fighters? Would he have had the privilege of surviving some of the horrific events that took place during the Buu arc?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
He try that and it didn't work from what I can remember.
She/Her

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:39 pm

supercat wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
I don't think the story would allow a victory that would be so easily attainable. :lol:

On a serious note, without resorting to cheap tricks, what kind of asset would he have been to the Z-Fighters? Would he have had the privilege of surviving some of the horrific events that took place during the Buu arc?
Well, he able to withstand a beat from Majin Boo, so if he was able to survive all the way to the final battle against Kid Boo, he would have been a valuable asset to stall against Kid Boo while Goku powered up the Genki Dama to kill Kid Boo. After the end of the Majin Boo arc, Dabra would have likely been called out for killing Kibito and turning Piccolo and Krillin into stone by Vegeta and Dabra would have accepted what he did was wrong and kep himself in isolation ala Piccolo.
Hellspawn28 wrote:He try that and it didn't work from what I can remember.
He didn't. The only offence that Dabra put against Majin Boo was throwing a spear at Majin Boo. After that didn't work, Majin Boo turned him into a cookie and ate him.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supercat

Post by supercat » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:08 pm

If Dabura became an actual member of the Z-Fighters he would be the only former villain to have actually killed one of their allies (Kibito). Unless, however, we count Mr. Buu's indirect contribution towards Vegeta's self destruction. Although to a far lesser extent, that would also subject Piccolo to the same kind of scrutiny, due to the atrocities committed by his former self / father King Piccolo.

As for Dabura spitting on Krillin and Vegeta, because the two heroes made it out alive, this particular action shouldn't be deemed any worse than the beating Vegeta gave Gohan, Krillin, and Goku. Both the demon king and Saiyan prince had the intent to kill, but they both simply failed to deliver as planned.

Regardless of all these factors, knowing the Z-Fighters, I'd say Dabura's transition would still be welcomed with open arms. Warmly accepting him into the fold would be justified, considering who their common enemy is.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:33 pm

supercat wrote:If Dabura became an actual member of the Z-Fighters he would be the only former villain to have actually killed one of their allies (Kibito). Unless, however, we count Mr. Buu's indirect contribution towards Vegeta's self destruction. Although to a far lesser extent, that would also subject Piccolo to the same kind of scrutiny, due to the atrocities committed by his former self / father King Piccolo.

As for Dabura spitting on Krillin and Vegeta, because the two heroes made it out alive, this particular action shouldn't be deemed any worse than the beating Vegeta gave Gohan, Krillin, and Goku. Both the demon king and Saiyan prince had the intent to kill, but they both simply failed to deliver as planned.

Regardless of all these factors, knowing the Z-Fighters, I'd say Dabura's transition would still be welcomed with open arms. Warmly accepting him into the fold would be justified, considering who their common enemy is.
I wouldn't say warmly. The only one who'd accept him with few doubts would be Goku. The rest would be doubtful, just like they were back when Vegeta and Piccolo were helping them but still weren't completely on their side.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:47 pm

I can't see Majin Buu being turned into stone. His body is so strange, it'd probably ooze out of the statue or shoot out a cloud before reforming.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:07 pm

What if Goten didn't gain Ssj when he was 3 years old. Instead only Trunks had Ssj.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:01 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:What if Goten didn't gain Ssj when he was 3 years old. Instead only Trunks had Ssj.
Huh? When was it stated that Goten became a SSJ at the age of three?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:What if Goten didn't gain Ssj when he was 3 years old. Instead only Trunks had Ssj.
Legacy of Goku: Buu's Fury

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:20 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Legacy of Goku: Buu's Fury
I really wouldn't consider the information in Legacy of Goku: Buu's Fury to be considered reliable or official.