The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Sauza
Beyond Newbie

Re: General What-If thread

Post by Captain Sauza » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:11 pm

What if Sauza were spared at the end of DBZ movie 5 and he were invited to live with Bulma? How useful would he be to Goku and co from the Android arc onwards?
"We are Cooler's Armored Squadron!" *performs Sauza fighting pose*

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:16 pm

Captain Sauza wrote:What if Sauza were spared at the end of DBZ movie 5 and he were invited to live with Bulma? How useful would he be to Goku and co from the Android arc onwards?
About as useful as Yamcha. Good support... that's it.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:48 pm

What if Bardocks team had waited for him to heal in the Bardock TV special. What outcome would happen?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Doctor. wrote:
supercat wrote:If Dabura became an actual member of the Z-Fighters he would be the only former villain to have actually killed one of their allies (Kibito). Unless, however, we count Mr. Buu's indirect contribution towards Vegeta's self destruction. Although to a far lesser extent, that would also subject Piccolo to the same kind of scrutiny, due to the atrocities committed by his former self / father King Piccolo.

As for Dabura spitting on Krillin and Vegeta, because the two heroes made it out alive, this particular action shouldn't be deemed any worse than the beating Vegeta gave Gohan, Krillin, and Goku. Both the demon king and Saiyan prince had the intent to kill, but they both simply failed to deliver as planned.

Regardless of all these factors, knowing the Z-Fighters, I'd say Dabura's transition would still be welcomed with open arms. Warmly accepting him into the fold would be justified, considering who their common enemy is.
I wouldn't say warmly. The only one who'd accept him with few doubts would be Goku. The rest would be doubtful, just like they were back when Vegeta and Piccolo were helping them but still weren't completely on their side.

In no shape or form would they be inviting the demon king over for dinner or anything like that, but knowing how desperate Tien, Yamcha, and Krillin are to survive, I wouldn't be surprised if they expressed their gratitude with a less than rude demeanor.

After seeing the value that their former enemy brings to the table, I could totally envision them saying things like "we're actually fortunate he's got our back" as they gaze in amazement.

Once Buu is defeated, and Dabura has proven his worth to the team, Bulma, Goku, and possibly even Gohan asking him to join in on their celebration doesn't sound far-fetched at all. I guess it would come down to how closely they fight side by side with him, and how noble his overall contribution was.
Captain Sauza wrote:What if Sauza were spared at the end of DBZ movie 5 and he were invited to live with Bulma? How useful would he be to Goku and co from the Android arc onwards?
He'd be one-shotted by any one of the new villains. His best attacks won't even leave a scratch on some of the weaker androids like 19 and 20.

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Bardocks team had waited for him to heal in the Bardock TV special. What outcome would happen?
Bardock would have suffered the misfortune of meeting his fate at the hands of Dodoria while his buddies get decimated by Frieza's elites.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Two scenarios involving Cell:

1. What if, after Cell blew himself up, he chose NOT to return back to Earth, and instead left to a far away planet to train, encountering Babidi in the process before he can begin (assume Babidi CANNOT mind control him due to Cell being an artificial being)?

2. What if, after Cell blew himself up, he chose NOT to return back to Earth, and instead left to a far away planet to train, encountering Babidi in the process before he can begin (assume Babidi CAN mind control him in this scenario)?

What becomes of Cell in both of these scenarios? What will he do? What will ultimately be his fate?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

vegeta623i

Post by vegeta623i » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:18 am

What if nappa and Raditz survived the saiyan saga

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:32 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Two scenarios involving Cell:

1. What if, after Cell blew himself up, he chose NOT to return back to Earth, and instead left to a far away planet to train, encountering Babidi in the process before he can begin (assume Babidi CANNOT mind control him due to Cell being an artificial being)?

2. What if, after Cell blew himself up, he chose NOT to return back to Earth, and instead left to a far away planet to train, encountering Babidi in the process before he can begin (assume Babidi CAN mind control him in this scenario)?

What becomes of Cell in both of these scenarios? What will he do? What will ultimately be his fate?
1. Depends on whether or not Babidi has Dabra under him at this point. If no, then Babidi dies a very quick death after trying to enslave him. If yes, then Dabra and Cell fight pretty evenly for a while but (Super Perfect) Cell ultimately ends up winning. Boo wouldn't be resurrected but instead we'd probably get a SS3 level Cell sometime in the 7 year gap. If Goku was around at the time Cell returns, then they'd end up winning; if not, then Gohan & co die.

2. Cell is Babidi's to control. Vegeta and Goku see Cell with Babidi and fight him while Dabra fights Gohan. His inner powers are released so he's probably around SS2 Goku/Vegeta level, but still not strong enough to defeat them both, so he ends up dying. The rest of the arc goes like the original except Goku already knows of Vegeta's SS2.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:12 pm

vegeta623i wrote:What if nappa and Raditz survived the saiyan saga
The earth is finished.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:52 pm

1.) What if Goku had daughters in instead of boys?
2.) What if Cell defeated Gohan in the beam struggle and subsequently enslaved earth?

Alex9196
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alex9196 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:39 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:1.) What if Goku had daughters in instead of boys?
2.) What if Cell defeated Gohan in the beam struggle and subsequently enslaved earth?
1.) no difference to now i guess, except they have different personalitys.

2.) if he won the struggle he would never have enslaved earth, he would have blown it up like he said he would.
Last edited by Alex9196 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supercat

Post by supercat » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:35 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Two scenarios involving Cell:

I'm going to keep these real short, and try to refrain from going too deep into the actual choreographic sequences.

The scenes are going to be heavily dependent on which version of Cell Goku was comparing Dabura to. The following scenarios are with the assumption that both Dabura and Super Perfect Cell were nearly on par with one another.

1. If Cell is fortunate enough to avoid becoming the wizard's pawn, he would take pleasure in taking the time to mutilate each and every one of the Majin lackeys. His perpetual onslaught would only cease upon his confrontation with Dabura.

-If Dabura wins, events would likely unfold no differently than they have in the main timeline

On the contrary, if Cell wins...

*****A fierce exchange of blows commence with both fighters adamantly trying to secure victory. Both the demon king and biological android are overwhelmed by exhaustion. With one final clash, the former is brought to his knees. Immediately seizing the opportunity, Cell charges up a Kienzan, and uses it like a sword to slice through his opponent's neck from point blank range.

With no one left to confront him, the biological android begins dedicating his entire existence into vigorous training. He intends on subjecting his body through the most intense levels of cruelty, until he is certain he could successfully exact his revenge on the Z-Fighters. Upon finally reaching that state of assurance, he promptly heads to Earth and mercilessly annihilates Gohan and co.*****

2. Even with the power of Cell at his disposal, Babidi most likely wouldn't have shown up any earlier than he did in the main timeline. He would still also likely reserve Dabura as the last fighter, simply for the sake of keeping the demon king as his adviser.

*****The peril on Babidi's ship is greatly amplified for the Z-Fighters as they now find that they are challenged by the daunting task of having to take down an upgraded version of their former adversary. Cell, not only eager to gather energy for his master, is also thrilled to kill Gohan.

After overcoming the initial shock brought forth by the undesired reunion, Gohan proceeds to face off against the villain that he once had the opportunity to utterly humiliate. Between his rusty combat skills and his opponent's magically enhanced power, Gohan is quickly overwhelmed and subdued.

Seeing his beloved son in grave danger, Goku jumps in and promptly turns SSJ2 to rid the world of Gero's ultimate creation once and for all. The fight drags on with a collision of blows, but Goku eventually comes out victorious with a massive Kamehameha. Seeing how much his rival has progressed, Vegeta sinks into a deep hole of anger. Sensing the opportunity to gain a new ally, Babidi and Dabura immediately convert Vegeta into one of their Majin soldiers.*****

From there, the events would unfold as they have in the main timeline, with the only difference being Goku and Gohan needing a Senzu bean before taking on their respective challenges.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:20 pm

supercat wrote: Between his rusty combat skills and his opponent's magically enhanced power, Gohan is quickly overwhelmed and subdued.
You think Gohan would still be untrained in this scenario? Cell never returned as Super Perfect Cell, and Gohan never received the coaching from his father to fight off his inner demons. I'd assume Gohan would be a wreck if Cell didn't return after self-destructing. It's interesting to think whether he'd develop the same way.

Alex9196
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alex9196 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:13 pm

what if vegeta and goku decided to use the portaras against kid buu ( the second pair which kibitokai gave them).
obviously they would have crushed kid buu, but since they would stay as vegetto how would things turn out later when beerus comes to earth?

what if goku could have converted raditz to be a good guy, assuming vegeta and nappa wouldnt have found out anything about the dragonballs?

Konig
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konig » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:19 pm

Alex9196 wrote:what if vegeta and goku decided to use the portaras against kid buu ( the second pair which kibitokai gave them).
obviously they would have crushed kid buu, but since they would stay as vegetto how would things turn out later when beerus comes to earth?
Assuming that SSG Goku is stronger than SSJ Vegetto, he would probably be stomped by Beerus and the Earth would be destroyed, since he couldn't go SSG (there would be only 5 Saiyans instead of the 6 needed).

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:48 pm

Alex9196 wrote:what if vegeta and goku decided to use the portaras against kid buu ( the second pair which kibitokai gave them).
- Vegito would have lost against Beerus. They'd also be missing a saiyan to do the ritual. However, I believe Vegito would IT to New Namek, wish for the location of Tarble, and then use King Kai to pinpoint the coordinates so he could IT there. Goku did this once in the Cell saga. From there, Vegito will become a SSJG and absolutely stomp Beerus. The god would probably be happy to meet someone stronger than him. Although, he might also feel threatened.

As for F, Frieza would be confused to not find Goku. He would also be stomped effortlessly by SSGSS Vegito. The question here is, would Vegito make the mistakes Goku and Vegeta did? If so, Frieza might actually get away with blowing up the Earth since Whis wouldn't be able to tell Vegito anything. This would prompt Bulma to convince Whis to reverse time (assuming he tells them he can do that) and Beerus to destroy Frieza by offering them food. In the end of the day, no matter the scenario, Frieza was simply not a threat in this movie. It's worse than the Kid Buu "dilemma."
what if goku could have converted raditz to be a good guy, assuming vegeta and nappa wouldnt have found out anything about the dragonballs?
Well, Nappa and Vegeta would eventually make it to Earth to find out what happened to Raditz. Whether or not Raditz warns them about the saiyans, they all die because Goku wouldn't have had his training with King Kai.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:57 pm

What if when Piccolo hurled Gohan against that huge rock, in the Saiyan Saga, he didn't react becoming a red stain.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:12 pm

LightBing wrote:What if when Piccolo hurled Gohan against that huge rock, in the Saiyan Saga, he didn't react becoming a red stain.
Piccolo and the rest of the Z-Fighters would have ended up dying against Vegeta and Nappa, and Earth is done for.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:13 pm

LightBing wrote:What if when Piccolo hurled Gohan against that huge rock, in the Saiyan Saga, he didn't react becoming a red stain.
Gohan would be dead. Piccolo would remain evil. Everyone would be killed by the saiyans.

What if Vegeta never became a great ape against Goku?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:37 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:What if Vegeta never became a great ape against Goku?
Not much would be different, in all honesty. Vegeta would most likely beat Goku to near death, as Goku's body would be too wrecked at that staged to be able to withstand the pain of trying landing a punch or kick on Vegeta and fight back. Pretty much everything that happens after Yajirobe cuts off Vegeta's tails, just happens again expect a bit more sooner. But once Vegeta gets to Namek, he'll most likely try to pull that Oozaru shit against the Ginyu Force in a desperate attempt to save his skin. Then Guldo stops time and cuts off his tail. And the rest is history.

supercat

Post by supercat » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:48 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
supercat wrote: Between his rusty combat skills and his opponent's magically enhanced power, Gohan is quickly overwhelmed and subdued.
You think Gohan would still be untrained in this scenario? Cell never returned as Super Perfect Cell, and Gohan never received the coaching from his father to fight off his inner demons. I'd assume Gohan would be a wreck if Cell didn't return after self-destructing. It's interesting to think whether he'd develop the same way.
Well when I first wrote this out, I was sort of under the impression that everyone would assume Cell died along with his own explosion. However, without his presence at the check-in station, King Kai would have promptly notified Gohan about the biological android's possible survival.

If Cell really goes hiatus on them, can you imagine the suspense, and not to mention the paranoia that would torment them every single day?

Even on the first day, immediately after receiving the news from King Kai, Gohan and his buddies would just be standing around for hours and hours where the Cell Games took place.

After a few days..

"Is he here yet?" "No.."

"Is today finally the day?" "No.."

"I sensed a huge power just now!" "Nope.. that was just Vegeta training at the Capsule Corp.."

"Wait.. was that?" "Sorry.. Vegeta again."

Fast forward 7 years..

"Do you sense that..? "Yes, it's Vegeta for crying out... Oh.. damn.. I sure am glad you've been training for the past 7 years.."

On a serious note, I'd say King Kai would probably be able to locate Cell's whereabouts. At that point, I'm not sure if they would just build another spaceship to take him down as quickly as possible, or they would stay back on Earth and train. If they go with the latter, I'd say Gohan should progress to the point of at the very least being able to match the progress Cell's made. Unless, Cell was fortunate enough to inherit some of Frieza's prodigy potential.

This is all assuming that Goku doesn't get wished back. With Instant Transmission on their side, things would play out quite differently. That comical period of suspense would likely never occur.