The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: General What-If thread

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:12 pm

What if Whis refused to turn back time in F?
What if there were no senzu beans left for Goku in F?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:07 am

Konig wrote:
Alex9196 wrote:what if vegeta and goku decided to use the portaras against kid buu ( the second pair which kibitokai gave them).
obviously they would have crushed kid buu, but since they would stay as vegetto how would things turn out later when beerus comes to earth?
Assuming that SSG Goku is stronger than SSJ Vegetto, he would probably be stomped by Beerus and the Earth would be destroyed, since he couldn't go SSG (there would be only 5 Saiyans instead of the 6 needed).
With Super it's hard to know what will happen. If we go by the movies then Vegito could ask King Kai to find Tarble and Vegito teleport him back to Earth. Vegito becomes a SSjG with Gohan, Goten, Videl, Trunks and Tarble. Vegito beats Beerus and tells him not to threaten the Earth ever again. When Freeza gets wish back, Freeza would train harder knowing that Goku and Vegeta have fuse into one and have beaten Buu. Vegito would have beaten Freeza as SSjGSSj.

GT would be different with Vegito around. I doubt Uub would exist if Vegito kills Kid Buu. So Pilaf would find the Black Star Dragon Balls and would wish to be ruler of the Earth. Vegito stops Pilaf and King Kai tells the Earth is now doom. So Vegito, Pan and Trunks go into space to find the Black Star Dragon Balls. Vegito would kick everyone's asses and Bebi would later find their way to Earth. Bebi would take over Gohan as his host since he's the strongest Saiyan on Earth with Vegito in space. Vegito, Trunks and Pan return to Earth and find out that the Earth is different. Vegito beats Bebi Gohan and Bebi would be force to leave out of Gohan's body. Vegito kills Bebi and the Earth is now safe. The Super 17 saga won't happen since Dr. Myuu would not team up with Gero given that they team up because they both share the same hate for Goku. If Goku and Vegeta became Vegito then I doubt any team up would happen. The Shadow Dragon arc probably won't happen given how there is no hole between Hell and Earth allowing the Dragon Balls to crack and the negative energy won't be released outside the Dragon Balls.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:24 pm

This should really be a sticky thread.
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Gohanhx

Post by Gohanhx » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:41 am

What if Grandpa Gohan never found Goku, and instead a normal guy who isn't into martial arts found and took him in?

Giran_Power1985

Post by Giran_Power1985 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:23 am

What if Frieza never destroy Planet Vegeta?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:56 am

Gohanhx wrote:What if Grandpa Gohan never found Goku, and instead a normal guy who isn't into martial arts found and took him in?
You know Kakarot from Universe 13 in Dragon Ball Multiverse? That's how it plays out.
Giran_Power1985 wrote:What if Freeza never destroy Planet Vegeta?
The Saiyans eventually grow in numbers so great that they pull a coup d'etat and overthrow Freeza and his army and take over the Planet Trade Organization. They eventually conquer the universe.

Giran_Power1985

Post by Giran_Power1985 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:21 am

What if Goku killed Freeza with the Spirit Bomb?
What if Goku Kill Freeza as soon that he turn Super Saiyan?
What If Goku didin"t give Freeza his energy?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:46 pm

Giran_Power1985 wrote:What if Goku killed Freeza with the Spirit Bomb?
1. Goku wouldn't have ever become a SSJ. Consequently, neither would Vegeta or Trunks. The latter might die before he even has a chance to travel to the past. Thus, King Cold would kill everyone if he bothers to get revenge. If not, androids 19 and 20 will.

2. Goku would have managed to escape a lot easier from Namek. The problem? He'd likely go straight home and not learn the IT technique. As such, Tien would have been killed by Semi-Perfect Cell, Piccolo would have died from his injuries after fighting Imperfect Cell, Goku would not have been able to locate New Namek to make Dende the new guardian, there wouldn't be any new dragon balls after Piccolo fuses with Kami, and Cell would kill everyone by self-destructing.

3. Frieza would have died, and I believe everything would go as it did normally since Goku still wouldn't have had much time to escape Namek properly. The only difference I can think of is King Cold being alive. If he arrives to Earth at the same time he did with Mecha Frieza, either things happen exactly the same, or he blows up the planet instantly--King Cold doesn't seem to waste time like Frieza does. That said, I don't think King Cold would have bothered.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: The Saiyans eventually grow in numbers so great that they pull a coup d'etat and overthrow Freeza and his army and take over the Planet Trade Organization. They eventually conquer the universe.
Beerus and Whis would have shown up later and the Saiyans would have been wiped out later.
She/Her

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:42 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:

2. Goku would have managed to escape a lot easier from Namek. The problem? He'd likely go straight home and not learn the IT technique. As such, Tenshinhan would have been killed by Semi-Perfect Cell, Piccolo would have died from his injuries after fighting Imperfect Cell, Goku would not have been able to locate New Namek to make Dende the new guardian, there wouldn't be any new dragon balls after Piccolo fuses with Kami, and Cell would kill everyone by self-destructing.
:wtf:

Talk about bleak.

1. What if Goku kept his tail throughout the series?
2. What if Tambourine didn't kill Krillin, just badly injured him?
3. What if Muten Roshi was successful in sealing away Piccolo Daimao?

soduh2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by soduh2 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:49 pm

Number 1 could have been the Revenge of Cooler universe. Seeing that Goku wasn't able to use the Super Saiyan transformation as easily. Add Cooler's return and Goku would have learned IT eventually.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:40 pm

What if Bebi possessed Goku instead of Vegeta?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:45 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:What if Bebi possessed Goku instead of Vegeta?
Because the plot armour is unbreakable for Goku in GT, he resists Baby trying to take him over and spits him out like an old piece of gum.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:16 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Because the plot armour is unbreakable for Goku in GT, he resists Baby trying to take him over and spits him out like an old piece of gum.
I mean even Trunks held him off right...? I'm not sure how Vegeta got possessed to begin with.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Everyone would be dead. Bebi Goku would kill Vegeta in a single strike.
She/Her

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:23 pm

Gotenks Ssj-Ssj3 vs Goku Ssj-Ssj3 (Baby Saga)

Who wins those bouts?

Super Baby Vegeta 1 vs Buutenks or Buuhan

Who wins those fights?

Super Buu vs Goku Ssj3 (Baby Saga)

Who wins?

I'm following Goku Base (Baby) >= General Rildo (Base) > Kid Buu >= Goku Ssj3 (Buu Arc), and surprisingly I've got Gotenks superior to Goku on equal levels and Super Buu still defeating Goku Ssj3 (Baby Arc) due to the strain of Ssj3 and Goku being in his child body. I've got now got, Vegetto Ssj (Buu) >=< Goku Friends Energy (Baby) > Baby Golden Oozaru >= Goku Ssj4 (Baby Arc), due to my lowered power levels.

So Vegetto is now 'perhaps' stronger than Goku Ssj4.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Just letting you know, this is better for the pinned Versus thread, but I will still answer them.
h0kuten wrote:Gotenks Ssj-Ssj3 vs Goku Ssj-Ssj3 (Baby Saga)

Who wins those bouts?
Base Goku would beat any version of Gotenks.
h0kuten wrote:Super Baby Vegeta 1 vs Buutenks or Buuhan
Who wins those fights?
Vegeta-Baby wins easily.
h0kuten wrote:Super Buu vs Goku Ssj3 (Baby Saga)

Who wins?
Base Goku beats him easily.

Base Goku ~ SS Gohan > Base GT Gohan > Z Gohan > Evil Boo

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:41 pm

h0kuten wrote:Gotenks Ssj-Ssj3 vs Goku Ssj-Ssj3 (Baby Saga)

Who wins those bouts?

Super Baby Vegeta 1 vs Buutenks or Buuhan

Who wins those fights?

Super Buu vs Goku Ssj3 (Baby Saga)

Who wins?

I'm following Goku Base (Baby) >= General Rildo (Base) > Kid Buu >= Goku Ssj3 (Buu Arc), and surprisingly I've got Gotenks superior to Goku on equal levels and Super Buu still defeating Goku Ssj3 (Baby Arc) due to the strain of Ssj3 and Goku being in his child body. I've got now got, Vegetto Ssj (Buu) >=< Goku Friends Energy (Baby) > Baby Golden Oozaru >= Goku Ssj4 (Baby Arc), due to my lowered power levels.

So Vegetto is now 'perhaps' stronger than Goku Ssj4.
Well I personally see the following:

Beginning of GT:

SSJ Goku (BoGT) = SSJ Gotenks (Buu arc) - (with the possibility that Gotenks is still marginally above Goku)
SSJ3 Goku (BoGT) = SSJ3 Gotenks (Buu arc) - (with the possibility that Gotenks is still marginally above Goku)

M2:

Buuhan > Buutenks > Ultimate Gohan > SSJ Goku (M2) > Final Form Rild > / = SSJ3 Gotenks (Buu arc) > Second Form Rild = Super Buu > SSJ Gotenks (Buu arc) > Base Goku (M2) > / = Base Rild > Kid Buu

Baby arc:

SSJ4 Goku > Super Baby Vegeta 2 > SSJ Vegetto > /= Super Baby Vegeta > SSJ3 Goku (post tail) > / = Majuub > Buuhan > Buutenks > / = Uub = Baby Vegeta > / = SSJ3 Goku (pre-tail) > Ultimate Gohan

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:00 am

Not much would have changed, probably. Goku & Vegeta are on the same level, with Goku surpassing him because of Super Saiyan 3. However, Goku can barely stay transformed because of his child body, so Goku-Baby wouldn't be able to use it. So, the story goes on the same with SS4 Vegeta defeating Oozaru Baby.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:45 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Not much would have changed, probably. Goku & Vegeta are on the same level, with Goku surpassing him because of Super Saiyan 3.
Didn't SSJ Vegeta get curbstomped by Super 17 while SSJ Goku fought on par with him for a while?