The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:39 am

What if Raditz recognized Piccolo as a Namek? Would things be any different?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:46 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:39 am What if Raditz recognized Piccolo as a Namek? Would things be any different?
Raditz makes a long-distance call while waiting for Goku to decide to join him...or decides to leave Vegeta and Nappa in the dark and go to Namek himself. Where he gets killed by Frieza while stealing his balls.

What if Cell were reincarnated as a female? If it was done quick enough she'd be able to join the Junior Tournament and annoy Goten and Trunks in the Buu saga.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:53 am

ZodiacBeast wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:46 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:39 am What if Raditz recognized Piccolo as a Namek? Would things be any different?
Raditz makes a long-distance call while waiting for Goku to decide to join him...or decides to leave Vegeta and Nappa in the dark and go to Namek himself. Where he gets killed by Frieza while stealing his balls.

What if Cell were reincarnated as a female? If it was done quick enough she'd be able to join the Junior Tournament and annoy Goten and Trunks in the Buu saga.
If Raditz left straight for Namek he'd beat Freeza there by a significant margin. However he'd be defeated by Namekian farmers lol
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:12 am

What if the Goku was not hit by truck-kun and actually won the 22nd world tournament?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:31 am

PurestEvil wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:12 am What if the Goku was not hit by truck-kun and actually won the 22nd world tournament?
He'd become lazy and complacent and get killed by piccolo or lose the next Budokai

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:54 pm

What if in the Frieza Saga when Piccolo (Nail Assimilated) had arrived where Vegeta, Krillin, Son Gohan, Dende, and Second Form Frieza had been, Piccolo (Nail Assimilated) had killed Vegeta just before Piccolo (Nail Assimilated) had fought against Second Form Frieza for the very first time?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:23 pm

What if Cell was sent to Earth for 24 hours instead of Vegeta to fight against Buu? I can see him agreeing to it similar to how Freeza did for the Tournament of Power. Would a SSj3 Cellku be enough against Buuhan?
She/Her

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:05 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:23 pm What if Cell was sent to Earth for 24 hours instead of Vegeta to fight against Buu? I can see him agreeing to it similar to how Freeza did for the Tournament of Power. Would a SSj3 Cellku be enough against Buuhan?
Vegeta (Angel) being replaced by Super Perfect Cell (Angel) in the Majin Buu Saga really would have been very risky, especially considering the pretty obvious fact that Super Saiyan 2 Son Gohan and Super Perfect Cell from the Cell Games Saga had a little bit in common with each other when it came right down to their very own respective personalities.

However, I can see Son Goku, Super Buu (Piccolo, Son Gohan, Trunks, & Son Goten Absorbed), and Super Perfect Cell (Angel) fighting one another in a Mêlée à Trois shortly after Son Goku and Super Perfect Cell (Angel) would have met each other for the very first time in 7 years, with Son Goku going Super Saiyan 2 in order to have been able to fight against Super Buu (Piccolo, Son Gohan, Trunks, & Son Goten Absorbed) and Super Perfect Cell (Angel).

As I really think that Son Goku would have taken things more seriously if he would have been faced with another villain other than Super Buu (Piccolo, Son Gohan, Trunks, & Son Goten Absorbed). Especially if it would have been someone strong enough to rival him in his Full Power Super Saiyan form, but Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku would have needed to have gone Super Saiyan 3 and then get a rage boost in order to have been able to defeat Super Buu (Piccolo, Son Gohan, Trunks, & Son Goten Absorbed).

What would have come next would have been Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku defeating Super Perfect Cell (Angel) and turning Super Saiyan 3 to have fought much more evenly against Super Buu (Piccolo, Son Gohan, Trunks, & Son Goten Absorbed) before Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku would have been able to have pulled off a miracle by having been pressured enough by Super Buu (Piccolo, Son Gohan, Trunks, & Son Goten Absorbed) to have been able to achieve Super Saiyan 3 Full Power or Super Saiyan God.

With the very own respective awakening of Super Saiyan 3 Full Power or Super Saiyan God having been more than enough for Son Goku to have been able to defeat Super Buu (Piccolo, Son Gohan, Trunks, & Son Goten Absorbed).

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:37 pm

What if Garlic Jr won against Gohan, Piccolo and the others in the Garlic Jr saga? Let's pretend DBZ Movie 1 and the Gralic Jr saga were actual chapters in the manga.
She/Her

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:42 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:37 pm What if Garlic Jr won against Gohan, Piccolo and the others in the Garlic Jr saga? Let's pretend DBZ Movie 1 and the Gralic Jr saga were actual chapters in the manga.
I guess he rules earth, Raditz shows up, beats him up but canºt kill him and either leaves or blows up the planet. Probably wrecks the planet out of spite either way lol.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:59 am

What if Pilaf train like Goku did?
She/Her

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:34 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:59 am What if Pilaf train like Goku did?
I don't believe he'd have the discipline for it. He'd probably drop out after a week or so.

Assuming he didn't, he could maybe become as strong as Krillin, at least in Part 1.

What if Vegeta had known the Final Flash during the Saiyan Saga, and used it instead of the Galick Gun? Could Goku still stop it? (This Vegeta isn't any more powerful, he just knows an additional technique).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:46 pm

What If Tao became a good guy after being rebuild into a cyborg?
She/Her

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:34 pm

Here's an idea, in the Super manga, what if the Zen Exhibition Match was a battle royale between the Kaioshin rather than the Hakaishin? This is not to ask who would win (we know nothing about how the other universes' Kais scale against one another so there's little point), but part of the purpose of it was to make a consensus on whether or not gods should be allowed in the main Tournament of Power alongside mortals. The Hakaishin battle royale was too fast and frenetic for the Zenos to keep up with, boring them and causing all gods to be banned from the main tournament. But Kaioshin are universally much weaker, so a battle royale between them could've potentially led to the Kais to join the main tournament and possibly caused all gods to be allowed.

Though considering that all Kaioshin have basically the exact same abilities and have less combat ability, maybe Zeno would still find them boring. What do you think?

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:54 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:23 pm What if Cell was sent to Earth for 24 hours instead of Vegeta to fight against Buu? I can see him agreeing to it similar to how Freeza did for the Tournament of Power. Would a SSj3 Cellku be enough against Buuhan?
I mean probably not. SSJ2 Vegeta wasn't that much stronger than Cell. Definitely was but not a big enough gap where the power wouldn't be able to contend. However, there is the rival boost which while I don't think is huge, it plus Vegeta's improved strength would just add up to the warrior needed. However, that's only a Super Saiyan Cellku. If they were to go SSJ2, that would surely make them SSJ1 Vegeta level. The biggest issue is I feel Cell amplifies Vegeta's pride and hubris, especially seeing as his DNA comes from a more raw and prideful Vegeta. I see Cellku potentially dragging the fight out leading to the destruction of the Earth. Cellku may not be able to focus on the people inside Buu and lead to some major issues.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:13 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:37 pm What if Garlic Jr won against Gohan, Piccolo and the others in the Garlic Jr saga? Let's pretend DBZ Movie 1 and the Gralic Jr saga were actual chapters in the manga.
I like this one a lot.

I think King Cold and Frieza would be pleasantly surprised that the Earth has been enslaved by an army of demons. But if Garlic Jr's immortality comes up, they might be a little threatened by him. Deciding to blow up the Earth and capture him.

If Garlic Jr kept Piccolo alive under mind control, maybe he could weasel his way into forming an alliance by offering the Dragon Balls as a gesture of good faith.

I would be more interested in a conflict between Raditz and Garlic Jr though :P

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:55 pm

What if Babidi and Dabra show up during the Cell Games? Do you think Cell would have step in to help out Goku and the others?
She/Her

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:47 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:55 pm What if Babidi and Dabra show up during the Cell Games? Do you think Cell would have step in to help out Goku and the others?
Probably not. I have a feeling he would become controlled by the evil duo. Becoming Majin Cell. Who I’d argue could rival his super perfect form or if they showed up after Cell exploded himself. He would be as strong as Gohan. Which could make things difficult during the clash.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed May 12, 2021 8:37 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:55 pm What if Babidi and Dabra show up during the Cell Games? Do you think Cell would have step in to help out Goku and the others?
He would attack them for interrupting his tournament. However, seeing as Dabura is SSJ2 level he would make fairly easy work of the Bio Android. Granted maybe Dabura would be some amount weaker where the heroes could actually try and beat. However again if they showed up after Cell came back in his SSJ2 state, he would be able to challenge Dabura and with the aid of SSJ2 Gohan defeat him

TheQuestioner

Post by TheQuestioner » Sat May 29, 2021 2:47 am

PurestEvil wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:12 am What if the Goku was not hit by truck-kun and actually won the 22nd world tournament?
Nothing much would really change. He would believe he's the best fighter similar to how he felt after beating King Piccolo (before he got schooled by Popo) before Kuririn dies a bit later and everything goes wrong for him.
"We don't have time to be fancy."