The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:24 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:56 amWhat if Babidi and Dabra show up to Earth 10 years after Cell and not seven years?
The events would play out just the same. Nothing happens in AGE 777.

I mean, maybe Vegeta wouldn't be able to participate in the Super Saiyan God ritual (which would happen one year later), as he killed many people in the tournament. But then again, considering he was revived amongst all the "good people" in the very same saga/year..

Also, Tarble OVA would be moved to AGE 779, as it takes place two years after Majin Buu saga. Because of that, either Bulma is crazy for mentioning Vegeta's brother (who never showed up... yet) as a possible candidate to participate in the Super Saiyan God ritual, or we have yet another plot hole to deal with, as Tarble OVA would take place one year after Movie 14.
Either that, or Movie 14 would also change and occur at some point after the OVA, but by this point it becomes a snowball of problems...
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:37 pm

Vegeta won't become Majin Vegeta if Goku is not there because Vegeta wanted to fight Goku before he leaves back to Otherworld. Unless Goku somehow shows up to Earth, they would have to fight Babidi and Dabra without him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:33 pm

What triggers Goku to go to Earth is the tournament, and AGE 777 just so happens to be the year which the 26th tournament occurs (if the idea that the tournaments occur every three years is still valid), that would be the only difference.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:26 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:56 am What if Babidi and Dabra show up to Earth 10 years after Cell and not seven years?
Vegeta would have settled the score with Goku 3 years earlier at the tournament and would kill Dabura, no problem.

Maybe Goku is revived for the SSJG ritual and after seeing that bad things happen to Earth regardless of whether he's alive. So things start to line back up with the original timeline.

MajinPopo

Post by MajinPopo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:50 pm

What if Chi Chi got a transformation?

Would she just become a Cow-person?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:16 pm

What if Vegeta unlocked Ultra ego in the Tournament of Power, instead of Goku unlocking UI? How would that change events leading to the Granolah arc?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:55 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:16 pm What if Vegeta unlocked Ultra ego in the Tournament of Power, instead of Goku unlocking UI? How would that change events leading to the Granolah arc?
He might have defeated Toppo without using all his energy and bought enough time for Goku to recover on his own. In the middle of Goku and Jiren's final fight, Jiren may have just lost from a timeout instead of a ringout.

I don't think events really change besides Vegeta killing Moro on Namek and the Heeters getting no intel on Zuno from 7-3. This could mean the Granolah saga ends much sooner without the Heeters really meddling with Granolah's revenge. But, it's too early to say since it's an ongoing story arc.

Vegeta may be a tad weaker because he never trained under the Yard Rat and learned to stop leaking most of his ki.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:27 pm

What if Turles, Slug and Cooler took part in the Cell Games as allies of the Z-Fighters? With their strength adjusted to be within the realm of the stronger Z-Fighters.

Including if they contributed DNA to Cell or not.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:03 am

ZodiacBeast wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:27 pm What if Turles, Slug and Cooler took part in the Cell Games as allies of the Z-Fighters? With their strength adjusted to be within the realm of the stronger Z-Fighters.

Including if they contributed DNA to Cell or not.
Turles would be an SSJ but not quite on the level of Vegeta and Trunks. Slug can be around where Piccolo is, and Cooler (having trained for a week upon hearing about Cell) is a bit stronger than Goku and Gohan's Full-Powered SSJ states, but not on SSJ2 level. So instead of picking Goku, Cell picks Cooler, the strongest of the bunch. Neither fighter is holding back, and both are almost evenly matched, with Cell being slightly stronger. The fight is brutal, and both fighters are spent. With a trick up his sleeve, Cooler starts talking to Cell (out of earshot of everyone, save for Piccolo and Slug) about how they can conquer Earth together, and then the universe. Cooler even mentions that they're "family," all the while warming up an energy beam behind his back. Cell appears to be considering the offer--but then, with blinding speed, punches a hole through Cooler's chest, telling him "No. I am you, and your brother, but so much more...perfect." The Z fighters watch in shock as Cooler bleeds to death.

Cell proclaims that there is no one left to challenge him, with the strongest being dead; even in his exhausted state, he is still the strongest. These events play out similarly; of the rest of the fighters, Gohan is the strongest, so Goku, knowing he himself stands very little chance, volunteers Gohan to fight. After the initial shock, Piccolo tells Gohan to not hold back anything against Cell. Goku still gives Cell the senzu, then tells Gohan, "I really wanted to fight him, son, but I don't stand a chance in hell. You do...I've seen it. You deserve to fight him at his best, so you'll know you're at yours. Now, go beat him, Gohan." So FPSSJ1 Gohan fights Cell with everything he has from the get-go, no Pacifist nature or anything. He fights with urgency and desperation. Despite not being as strong as Cooler, Gohan is fighting with warrior instinct. While Cell tries to intimidate him, it is to no avail. Seeing that he cannot deter Gohan, Cell attempts to attack the onlooking Z Fighters. The very fact that Cell would attempt this enrages Gohan, and he goes into a fury, transforming into an SSJ2.

Everyone is shocked...everyone but Goku and Turles, who smirk. Cell sends a barrage of energy blasts and attacks at Gohan, laughing maniacally at Gohan standing still, believing Gohan to be killed. In the fire and smoke, we see Gohan walking forward, unscatched. Cell's eyes widen in utter terror. "I wasn't sure I'd be able to unlock this form again," Gohan says to Cell in a lower voice. "I unlocked this form, the Super Saiyan Beyond Super Saiyan, when I trained in the Room of Spirit and Time with Dad and Turles. You can thank Turles for my more vicious fighting techniques," he says calmly with a smile. Then the smile is gone, and Gohan says, "Your time is up, Cell. You won't live to threaten my friends again." With lightning speed, the SSJ2 barrages Cell with a melee of punches and kicks, launching him into the air, and then firing a Super Kamehameha, putting into it all the fear and fury at the thought of losing any of his friends to the monster Cell. Believing in his strength, knowing his father believed in him enough to have him fight a full-powered Cell, Gohan obliterates Cell.

Erm, I got more invested in that than I expected to. Lol :lol:
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:43 pm

What if Piccolo never lost his desire for world domination and turned Gohan over to his cause in the Saiyan Saga?
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Drepanosaurus

Post by Drepanosaurus » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:25 am

What if Babidi brought back Cell and Freeza under his control similar to what happen in Budokai 2?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:00 pm

What if Zeno actually did his job properly (being proactive in erasing evildoers and dangerous entities, and not erasing entire universes just on a whim)?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SlashHaiden

Post by SlashHaiden » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:20 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:00 pm What if Zeno actually did his job properly (being proactive in erasing evildoers and dangerous entities, and not erasing entire universes just on a whim)?
Well, the Saiyans wouldn't exist, meaning that most of the series wouldn't or couldn't happen. Saiyans eradicate entire planets to sell them, meaning that they could eventually take over the universe. Zeno would probably see this as a threat.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:18 pm

Drepanosaurus wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:25 am What if Babidi brought back Cell and Freeza under his control similar to what happen in Budokai 2?
I don't think Freeza would be helpful unless he gets a big power boost. Freeza would normally be iffy to team up with someone trying to bring back Buu, but he won't care because he wants revange on Goku. Assuming that Babidi brings them back before he controls Vegeta, Freeza would get killed quickly by Goku. Cell would fight Gohan and would have no interest with fighting Goku because he already killed him. Gohan would get himself killed by Cell while Goku and Vegeta take on Dabra. After they take on Dabra, Goku would finish off Cell and Shin would end up killing Babidi before Buu can hatch out of his shell. They would return back to the Tenkachi Budokai and Goku would spend the rest of his 24 hours on Earth. The Battle of Gods story would be different without Goku around, but they could wish Shenron to summon Tarble to help Vegeta become a SSjG.

Freeza comes back to life and trains knowing that he can't win at his current power. Vegeta would probably kill Freeza and Gohan would take over Goku's place in the Universe 6 tournament. Instead of Goku Black, we get Vegeta Black and I feel like the rest of the Future Trunks saga would play out the same. For the Tournament of Power, they would use Goku instead of Freeza. Universe 7 would probably lose and Universe 11 gets erase when Jiren makes a selfish wish.
She/Her

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:49 am

What if the day before Freeza takes over the organization from Kold, Whis and Beerus appear in front of them, Freeza is offered the position to become the next God of Destruction, and Freeza accepts?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:20 pm

Drepanosaurus wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:25 am What if Babidi brought back Cell and Freeza under his control similar to what happen in Budokai 2?
Would Frieza and Cell have their power "overclocked" like Majin Vegeta?

Because otherwise, I think Buu would just turn them into cookies lol.

Drepanosaurus

Post by Drepanosaurus » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:34 am

What if Buuhan won against Vegito?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:14 am

Drepanosaurus wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:34 am What if Buuhan won against Vegito?
Earth gets destroyed soon afterwards, Beerus has no reason to stay awake now that no saiyans are alive, so no SSG. No Black, no Zamasu, probably no ToP (like in the future timeline).
Moro never gets his magic back.
Broly dies on Vampa of boredom or of old age.
Granola lives a dull life.

Or... Buuhan eventually senses Broly and goes to meet him. He beats or absorbs base Broly, or dies trying to absorb Ikari Broly. Or maybe he encounters SS Broly after he kills or absorbs Paragus.

edit: I gotta say this kind of questions have a whole new meaning after the revival... this question asked in 2006 would've gotten such a grim and deadend answer.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:06 am

Drepanosaurus wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:34 am What if Buuhan won against Vegito?
He eventually fucks with Beerus, Broly, or Moro, and gets wrecked. Not even the candy beam can save him.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:41 am

My theories on what can happen.

1. Elder Kaioshin and Kibtoshin go to Beerus place to ask Beerus to stop Buu. Whis tells them that Beerus is still sleeping and won't wake up for at least another four years. Even if they wake him up, Beerus would be like "Whatever. He is doing my job for me" and goes back to sleep. The only way that Beerus may care if he is told that he will die if Kibitoshin dies. If Beerus does wake up, he would probably use Hakai on Buu and go back to sleep. Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Goten, and Trunks would be gone forever if they are hakai. If Beerus does nothing, Whis may apporach Buu to be a new GoD in the future as a replacement. Buuhan would probably do a better job as a GoD than Beerus would.

2. Buu arrives at Planet Vampa and fights Broly. If he absorbs Broly, everyone is screwed. If Broly wins, Buu would be dead and they would use the Dragon Balls on Namek to wish back everyone. However, Vegeta being killed while being dead would mean that he is gone forever. Goku and Kibitoshin would thank Broly for defeating Buu. Broly and Paragus would live on Earth afterwards, and Broly would replace Vegeta in Dragon Ball Super. Super would likely be the same expect for that Freeza, and Zamasu would be defeated way quicker. Broly could defeat Jiren during the Torunment of Power, but he may have Universe 7 be erase if he makes a selfish wish.

3. Merus could step in and end up arresting Buu. The Galatic Partol would free Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Goten, and Trunks from Buu's body. Buu would be locked up inside in a special prison and everything would be the same until the Moro arc. Super Buu would agree to help against Moro, but he would end up turning back against everyone. He would probably absorb Goku, Vegeta, and Moro.
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:14 am Earth gets destroyed soon afterwards
I don't think Buu would have destroy the Earth if he still sees Mr. Satan still being alive. He might be nice to spare the Earth similar to what happen in DBM. I know DBM is a fan comic, but it does feel plausible. Buu knows that no one can stop him now, so he won't care if they left the Earth alone.
She/Her