The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:30 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:28 pm What if Goku was somehow revived with the Namekian Dragon Balls before the Boo arc? How would it change with Goku being alive throughout the entire arc?
If he is revived right after cell games. A lot of stuff happens. He continues his training with Gohan. Helps raise goten. Fights Vegeta every once in a while. This would make Vegeta less resentful and okay by the time of the Buu saga.

+Gohan keeps his strength from cell games
+ Vegeta and Goku get Ssj2. Vegeta is happier
+ Trunks and goten are stronger
+ less chance of Buu being reborn

-No fusion
- No Ssj3

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:04 am

Berserker1921 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:30 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:28 pm What if Goku was somehow revived with the Namekian Dragon Balls before the Boo arc? How would it change with Goku being alive throughout the entire arc?
If he is revived right after cell games. A lot of stuff happens.
Oh no, Goku gets revived literally a week before the Boo arc starts.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:10 am

It depends when. And does Goku have Super Saiyan 2 and 3 when he's revived? Because that could lead Vegeta down a dark path, where he continues to be obsessed.
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:48 pm What if Kame Sennin(and Goku himself) knew about Goku's Saiyan heritage and his zenkai ability?

Taking advantage of that, how strong could've Goku gotten by the time Raditz arrived? Strong enough to not die against him? Strong enough to beat Geets and Nappa?
Nothing would change, imo. Roshi and Kami don't really brutalize their students during training. Goku injuring himself to near death on purpose doesn't seem his style either.

And don't call him Geets. I hate that lol

I don't know, maybe if Goku had knowledge that Raditz was coming or that Saiyans might come looking for him one day, he might train more vigorously.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:03 am

What if Granollah, Monaito and the Heeters appeared in earlier arcs of Super?
Perhaps if Granny fought alongside Goku and the others he would already have realized that not all Saiyans are bad? Would he just end up giving his abilities to Moro?

I have a feeling that Freeza would have "befriended" Granollah and/or Monaito if he ever learns about the Cereal Dragon Balls.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:02 am

ZodiacBeast wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:03 am What if Granollah, Monaito and the Heeters appeared in earlier arcs of Super?
Perhaps if Granny fought alongside Goku and the others he would already have realized that not all Saiyans are bad? Would he just end up giving his abilities to Moro?

I have a feeling that Freeza would have "befriended" Granollah and/or Monaito if he ever learns about the Cereal Dragon Balls.
Let’s say that they all get introduced when Frieza returns back from the dead. I could see the heeter’s being afraid of frieza suddenly returning from the dead. And now Uber powerful. They would kiss his ass. They would be curious on how he returned. Learning of the dragon balls. I could see them sending Granolah to go gather them on earth after frieza is destroyed by Goku.

Granolah already knowing what the dragon balls are, he would hunt them down for himself. Probably wishing from something similar from his dragon. Asking to become the strongest warrior. And for argument’s sake it works the same. He loses 90% of his life. And is stronger than rof Goku and Vegeta. He learns the saiyans are alive and fights them. Almost kills them. But is saved by Beerus who wants to use them for the U6 tournament and forces Granolah to join. Over time, he gets to know them. He befriends them. The Heeters then kiss the asses or Beerus so they don’t get destroyed. Granolah ends eye Goku black arc. Killing black pretty easily and is drafted for top with gas. Who replaces tien and Krillin. Now since Granolah made his wish after rof. He should be as strong Goku black was in his prime. Before fusing with Zamasu.

He gets his butt kicked against Toppo and Jiren. But is one of the last characters to win the tournament. The Heeters are given billions of galactic money. Granolah dies after the Moro arc. Since he sacrificed most of his life. He is remembered a hero. Gas even respects him and sides with the heroes against Moro. Granolah arcs doesn’t happen.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:44 pm

ZodiacBeast wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:03 am What if Granollah, Monaito and the Heeters appeared in earlier arcs of Super?

I don't think they would have been as OP then. Like, when Granolah made the wish, he wouldn't be stronger than Ultra Instinct Goku or Moro.

It could have made for an interesting dynamic in the tournament of power. Goku wouldn't have been so eager to change 17's mind for a whole day because he could just ask Granolah. And having Granolah on the same team as Frieza potentially would have been tense af.

NickLord
Banned Alternate Account

Post by NickLord » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:14 pm

What if the Potara fusion was truly permanent and could only be undone by the Super Dragonballs? How would this effect the series since the Buu arc?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:26 pm

NickLord wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:14 pm What if the Potara fusion was truly permanent and could only be undone by the Super Dragonballs? How would this effect the series since the Buu arc?
They would have to get Vegeta's brother, Tarble, to help them with the ritual. Super Saiyan God Vegito would have been a much better challenge for Beerus.

Frieza would be DESTROYED in Resurrection F without Blue even.

In Champa's Tournament, they would win it for sure. If Beerus allows them to make the wish, they would defuse and everything would align with canon. If not, Zamasu steals Vegito's body. Vegito would be smart enough to actually remember the correct seal for the evil containment wave, due to Vegeta's influence, and would kill Vegito Black while Trunks seals away Zamasu. I don't see Vegito killing Trunks prior to the arc because I still think Vegito Black's Saiyan nature would still want him to play with his food to get stronger.

When it comes to the tournament of power, it wouldn't happen as soon as it did. I don't see Vegito being nearly as wreckless as Goku and asking Zeno for it. I still think Zeno would get bored and decide to ask for it though. Whether it happens months or years later, I don't know. If it's years later, Toppo may already be a God of Destruction.

If the tournament happens within a couple months, I see Vegito replacing Buu with Yamcha. Since he would be more willing to listen to the team and wouldn't just teleport to Frieza right away like Goku did.

If the tournament happens years later, it's likely that Vegito has already tracked down the Super Dragon Balls and has made the wish to defuse. They may pick Goten, Trunks, Granolah, or Uub if they have issues with Buu. They might need to use fusion to beat Moro in the Moro saga if Goku hasn't unlocked Ultra Instinct though.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:05 pm

What if Super Buu reverted to Gray Buu instead of Kid Buu?

Would Goku and Vegeta actually be able to defeat him?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:38 pm

Peach wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:05 pm What if Super Buu reverted to Gray Buu instead of Kid Buu?

Probably because I would imagine SSj3 Goku is enough to win.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:28 am

Peach wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:05 pm What if Super Buu reverted to Gray Buu instead of Kid Buu?

Goku solos with some diff.

I'm not exactly sure how Fat buu initially compares to Kid buu.
We know grey took the majority of the power.

I think even if Fat Buu was equal to kid buu grey buu is weaker even if he took 90% of the power so I think Goku wins.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:55 am

NickLord wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:14 pm What if the Potara fusion was truly permanent and could only be undone by the Super Dragonballs? How would this effect the series since the Buu arc?
There are so many butterfly effects.

You say since the Buu arc but fat buu might not survive, vegito might not need to free fat buu inside buu.

Now we know how far God was from Beerus maybe SS3 Vegito is enough for Beerus to have fun.
If Vegito is on Earth and gets beaten there Buu would not be cocky enough to withhold pudding. Beerus might leave happy.
if they summon Tarble and make God Vegito seriously impresses him.

I wonder if the whole encounter is over quicker that Champa and Vados are caught dicking around. Perhaps Kibitoshin never defuses.

Contrary to popular belief I think he lives with Chichi not Bulma, Bulma is gokus friend probably has a bit of the westermark effect in play. Vegeta is just indifferent he also has more kids and history with Chichi. But I'm biased and want Yamcha and Bulma to get back together haha.

The problem comes with Res F.

Freeza would be too strong if they never got god but if they did Vegito would kill Freeza even in GoD. Probably in Base or SS1 now.

Does Vegito see through Monaka?

The U6 Tourney is interesting. If they count Vegito as two guys then it's him Piccolo Monaka and disqualified Buu or Tenshinhan.

A lot depends on the order. It depends on who eats the poison. Vegito might not try and get ss out of Cabba.

The issue is Hit, Goku needed Vegeta to get owned to study the timeskip. While Vegito is so much stronger if he is not the one to face Hit second he might go down. So that could go either way.

How Vegetto reacts to Omni king might be different. How Omni king reacts to him might be different.

Regarding Zamasu it depends on if earth got moved to U6.

It also depends how much power Vegito used on Hit, and if he used God ki or if he lost. Zamasu may or may not flip out. If he does and steals Vegitos body I think everyone is fucked.

I think he might bring Piccolo to Mafuuba Zamasu while he fights Black. The seal probably isn't forgetton.

We don't know if Vegito black and zam could fuse again, and if Zamasu is sealed he wont get a chance. It comes down to if Black can be beaten.

I could see them both beaten down and then Trunks beats the wounded Vegito Black that'd be tight.

They have a tougher time in FIghterz as they are down a guy or two if Buu is gone. If everyones at the same level fusions are a detriment.

The Xenoverse final bosses are beaten easily to the detriment of the Time Patrol growing stronger.

If the ToP was never thought up everyones erased but if Vegito goes the same time Goku did then great.

It depends on if they let Vegito in as is or they decide he has to defuse. It depends on if Goku and Vegeta are stronger because Vegito trained better than either or if they are weaker because their competitive nature inspires them to work harder than Vegito needs to.

I don't think they think of Freeza because Vegeta hates him more and the conversation might play out differently.

They lose Buu and Freeza is either replaced with Chaozu or Yamcha.

The humans take a couple of people out as Frost isn't set on them but overall it depends on match ups.

Vegito is somewhat more of a challenge to Jiren so their fight kicks off earlier, I don't think he lets Hit go first which would allow for Hit versus Toppo preventing toppo fucking up the rest of universe 7. Really the ToP is where things get really interesting.

If we take SS3 Vegito couldn't beat Beerus and combine it with the fanon and seeming confirmation from Broly that the fusion is as stronger as their individually best form in base, then POST God and Blue Veigto is serious business. I don't think manga Jiren is 50x or 400x stronger than Vegito.

The problem comes where if there is no UI and Vegito doesn't learn the lesson Roshi imparts I think everything falls apart come Moro.
If the Dragon can make Granollah stronger than Vegito they are kinda fucked with him and Gas unless their lifespans are so short he manages to outlast them both.

In heroes they just have an easier time I guess killing the enemies sooner.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:36 pm

I bet Zamasu would be even more livid to see a mortal being so strong by abusing the potara

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:54 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:36 pm I bet Zamasu would be even more livid to see a mortal being so strong by abusing the potara
Would he be able to tell through the TV? I assume He takes the earrings off eventually haha

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:49 am

What if Babidi took over Tien and Chiaotzu instead of Spopovich and Yamu?

They were former Crane students and assassins in training...

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:15 am

Peach wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:49 am What if Babidi took over Tien and Chiaotzu instead of Spopovich and Yamu?

You have no idea how quickly they get defeated by everyone else. They're so weak that I'm pretty sure even PICCOLO could've beaten them.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:58 am

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:15 am
Peach wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:49 am What if Babidi took over Tien and Chiaotzu instead of Spopovich and Yamu?

You have no idea how quickly they get defeated by everyone else. They're so weak that I'm pretty sure even PICCOLO could've beaten them.
I mean, it's not like Yamu and Spopovich weren't also incredibly weak. Anyway, what makes that what-if interesting (imo) isn't power levels, it's the emotional aspect of it, because Tien and Chiaotzu are characters we know and care at least a little bit about. Why are these characters we're familiar with suddenly acting so strange? Why are they so oddly strong now? Functionally, the story wouldn't change much besides how the characters would react to things (imagine Yamcha reacting to Majin Tien breaking Videl's leg for example), but emotionally it'd be a pretty different experience.
-
Here's a strange one: What if all the characters actually acted exactly how part of the fandom thinks they should, using as many wild takes as possible? Like Gohan actually being the hyper-edgy "badass" character some people want him to be, for example. I know this is a bit wide, and the idea is not to hyperfocus on the Gohan example, but it's a little something to think about at least. inb4 "You're thinking of Dragon Ball Heroes" lol
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:27 am

Alruneia wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:58 am

I mean, it's not like Yamu and Spopovich weren't also incredibly weak. Anyway, what makes that what-if interesting (imo) isn't power levels, it's the emotional aspect of it, because Tien and Chiaotzu are characters we know and care at least a little bit about. Why are these characters we're familiar with suddenly acting so strange? Why are they so oddly strong now? Functionally, the story wouldn't change much besides how the characters would react to things (imagine Yamcha reacting to Majin Tien breaking Videl's leg for example), but emotionally it'd be a pretty different experience.
-
Here's a strange one: What if all the characters actually acted exactly how part of the fandom thinks they should, using as many wild takes as possible? Like Gohan actually being the hyper-edgy "badass" character some people want him to be, for example. I know this is a bit wide, and the idea is not to hyperfocus on the Gohan example, but it's a little something to think about at least. inb4 "You're thinking of Dragon Ball Heroes" lol
Spopovich and Yamu were weak as shit. Videl was kicking Spopovich's ass before her stamina capped out.

They had a massive power increase from the majin charm but they barely could control it as Goku said.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:02 pm

You don't think anything would be different? Like, them being shocked that Tien could do that to Videl? Or Tien getting a power boost like Majin Vegeta did? And couldn't the Tri-Beam seriously damage someone?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:54 pm

The issue is while Ten and Chaozu would be a looot stronger Majin boost is less than fusion and Reincarnated as Yamcha implies a fused Cell games human is Cell Jr level at best.

The issue is here as much as they are stronger the cast KNOW they are stronger and thus Gohan wouldn't underestimate them, maybe wouldn't let Videl fight them, and they would also sense the Dragon Team following them to Babidis ship.

I don't think Babidi would kill them like he did the other two, they, if not already, would be significantly stronger than Pui Pui now.

They probably agree with Dabra that Buu can't be controlled. It would be funny if Ten Mafubad Buu lol.