The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by TobyS » Tue May 19, 2020 8:33 am

Vegetes wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:42 pm
TobyS wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:48 am
Vegetes wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:34 am What If Potora fusion was permanent and Gohan caught the earing. Creating Gokhan
I think they'd try and break it off for Chichis sake perhaps using the DB's.

Buu would be toast for sure, wonder if he'd have the fake absorbtion idea.

Either way Gohan could beat kid buu easy.

Vegeta wouldn't be brought back as he hasn't redeemed himself fighting kid buu and the spirit bomb wouldn't happen, he'd just have the body taken away again, especially because he can never fight Goku again anyway.

Tarble is a ltitle stad about his brok, but the abo and cado are defeated

If they stayed fused Gokhan would give Buu a good fight without GoD. At least as good as god.
There wouldn't be enough people to do god left unless they fetch Tarble but like I said the fight is good enough.
A bit varies on wether Mr Buu is around, if they free him but kill kid buu before he spits him out...
Perhaps the DB's bring Mr Buu back as he's not a "REALLY evil one"...

I'm not sure if Gokhan would have a kid with Videl, someone else, or no one...

Gokhan can beat Golden freeza with ultimate, especially if he keeps training. Gohan Kefla put him in at least this tier and now he's a fusion who trains..

Fusion wasn't allowed in the U6 Arc so they may not agree to a fighting tourney at all or possible defuse them?
Perhaps they agree to a handicap of less people, they Lack Vegeta already, Beerus might not have told the lie about Monaka or not try that on...

Gokhan goes out to Frost, Piccolo wins by Jaco pointing out the cheating, Piccolo may or may not beat the metal man, if he does he beats base Cabba and doesn't make himself a stronger foe deliberatly... Or perhaps he does as he's a nice teacher type guy. I think he wins either way.

He's deffo out by Hit. Gokhan comes back in and wins.

21 is actually harder with 2 less fighters as everyones at the same power anyway but they pull through as the limiters wearing off in the final fight anyway no?

Zamasu may not be so triggered, although he's seeing strong mortals they aren't using God ki?

Not sure if FT arc happens or not on this basis.

If it does and he steals Gokhans body they are possibly in trouble there...

Was fusion expressly forbidden in the ToP because it was done during, even with outside items in Keflas case.

They might hit a wall at Jiren but if Gokhan gets MUI it's even easier than canon.

They bring Yamcha instead of Vegeta as he's gone now. Gokhan may or may not think of Freeza if Buu is asleep, if not they bring Chaozu.

Gokhan beats broly like Gogeta did. Probably befriend him too. They may kill him faster and Brolys friends might not have used the DB's in time.... Perhaps they wish to bring him back?

If this happens in the GT esque timeline then TP Gokhan is a powerhouse especially with SS4.
Universe mission Gokhan has an easier time with the evil saiyan perhaps but things end largely the same, his fight with SS4 Gokhan depends on if he exists.
They beat hearts just as easy as Gogeta probably.
Big Bang Mission Gokhan puts up a better fight vs Beerus but then after that we don't know what will happen yet.

I'm not sure how they fair against Moro their either speed blitz him or struggle also.

If Gokhan goes to train with Meerus then in theory then at least Piccolo dies against 7-3 the first time before they get recalled as no Gohan to save him :(

When they attack again it depends on if they have used the dragonballs or not...

Their only chance is if Gokhan takes less time to master UI which is very plausible and gets back sooner...
Would they really not revive Vegeta, I think sacrificing himself and helping with Kid Buu should be enough to redeem himself a bit, Goku isn't one to hold a grudge regardless of how bad the stuff Vegeta did when he was Majin was. And I'm certain they would revive Vegeta for the TOP before Frieza.
If Gokhan happens as per the OP Vegeta wont get a chance to help with Kid Buu, and the very last thing he did was slaughter audience members.

We know Shenron didn't bring back 'really' evil people, allowing for Vegeta to still be 'regular' evil until BoG, and without the redemption of the kid buu fight he might not have been redeemed enough for Porunga.

He may even be too ashamed to want to come back and he's lost Goku...

It's mostly wishful thinking as I don't like Vegeta.

Regarding Freeza vs Vegeta for the ToP.

Golden Freeza is waaaay stronger and fresher in the memories of everyone than Buu saga vegeta as of the ToP. Also Vegeta would have probably repented and been reincarnated by then. Freeza was very unusual in that he didn't ever cave.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed May 20, 2020 11:20 am

What if Vegeta trained with the Yard Rats before the Tournament of Power?

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Sat May 23, 2020 3:02 am

What if the Universes had an extra day before the tournament of power, so team Universe 7 gets a year of training where they train with Whis,they get their potential unlocked etc. But Universe 6 also has a room of Spirit and Time and get those same things but with Vados.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat May 23, 2020 10:34 am

Vegetes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:02 am What if the Universes had an extra day before the tournament of power, so team Universe 7 gets a year of training where they train with Whis,they get their potential unlocked etc. But Universe 6 also has a room of Spirit and Time and get those same things but with Vados.
Goku's team wins it easier than they did before?

Goku getting his potential unlocked or Goku & Vegeta having more time to train puts the other universes at a major disadvantage.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Sat May 23, 2020 6:46 pm

Peach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:34 am
Vegetes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:02 am What if the Universes had an extra day before the tournament of power, so team Universe 7 gets a year of training where they train with Whis,they get their potential unlocked etc. But Universe 6 also has a room of Spirit and Time and get those same things but with Vados.
Goku's team wins it easier than they did before?

Goku getting his potential unlocked or Goku & Vegeta having more time to train puts the other universes at a major disadvantage.
I was imagining that with Kale and Cauliflas crazy potential, a year of training with Vados would make them pretty strong, and would create a monstrous Kefla. I also have to imagine Hit with his ability to constantly improve his time skip would also benefit from Vados training a lot. All the other members would also surely benefit greatly, so Universe 6 and 7 would be the main contenders aside from universe 11.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue May 26, 2020 3:00 pm

What if Future Goku visited Gohan and Trunks with a day pass?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue May 26, 2020 3:50 pm

Peach wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:00 pm What if Future Goku visited Gohan and Trunks with a day pass?
He would probably massively boost the spirit to both. Telling them that it's not their fault that their enemies are that strong and that by being alive they do better than anyone else. They wouldn't be able to help in the past anyway.

Now I don't think that he would do anything else, but I leave the possibility for him to train both in the Time Chamber for the whole day, despite the risk. I don't remember if the time chamber exists in the future though. Then they might have stood a chance against the androids without Gohan dying and Trunks becoming an SS earlier.
P O W E R

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Wed May 27, 2020 7:03 am

What if Goku was a genius in a more traditional sense, and his natural Logical-mathematical and creative abilities surpass that of Dr.Gero and Bulma.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed May 27, 2020 1:59 pm

Vegetes wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:03 am What if Goku was a genius in a more traditional sense, and his natural Logical-mathematical and creative abilities surpass that of Dr.Gero and Bulma.
With or without his power? Without, he would probably assist in building weapons capable of killing beings like Freeza etc.

With his power, well while he is already a fighting genius, combine that with overall knowledge and you have an invincible dude fr.

If he can anticipate your every move and has the intelligence to play you, then you stand no chance.
P O W E R

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed May 27, 2020 8:54 pm

1) What if when it was Time Immemorial, or whenever it was when the Omni-King had first come into power, the young and the inexperienced Omni-King had accidentally erased himself, his 2 Bodyguard Attendants, the Grand Priest, the children of the Grand Priest, and all but one of the 18 Universes, with Universe 7 being the sole-surviving Universe?

2) What if a few days before Piccolo Daimao and his sons had attacked Master Mutaito's Dojo, Master Mutaito, Master Roshi, and Master Shen had went to Master Korin because Master Korin had wanted to help the three Earthlings to defeat Piccolo Daimao and his sons by having the three Humans drink from the Ultra Divine Water. With all three surviving drinking the Ultra Divine Water and then returning back to Master Mutaito's Dojo a few hours before Piccolo Daimao and his sons would have attacked it?

3) What if Grandpa Son Gohan had never died by the hands of Great Ape Son Goku?

4) What if in Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku, Toolo had been sneaky enough to have given Bardock and the rest of the Saiyans Bardock had been with the very exact same ability to see the future?

5) What if Lady Chi-Chi's Mother and Lady Videl's Mother did not die of an illness?

6) What if when Kakarot was living on Planet Vegeta, Lady Gine had been the only family member Kakarot would have ever known from Bardock and Raditz doing many more missions for Frieza than in canon?

7) What if Lady Future Bulma had been able to cure Future Son Goku of the Heart Virus as early as when Future Trunks was about to be born and Future Son Goku would have returned the favor by babysitting Future Trunks as soon as Future Trunks would have been born? With Future Vegeta not appearing in Future Trunks' life at all from Future Vegeta spending all of his very own time training in intense gravity in the Gravity Room or taking his training to the far reaches of Space in one of Dr. Brief's Spaceships?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri May 29, 2020 11:33 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:54 pm 1) What if when it was Time Immemorial, or whenever it was when the Omni-King had first come into power, the young and the inexperienced Omni-King had accidentally erased himself, his 2 Bodyguard Attendants, the Grand Priest, the children of the Grand Priest, and all but one of the 18 Universes, with Universe 7 being the sole-surviving Universe?

2) What if a few days before Piccolo Daimao and his sons had attacked Master Mutaito's Dojo, Master Mutaito, Master Roshi, and Master Shen had went to Master Korin because Master Korin had wanted to help the three Earthlings to defeat Piccolo Daimao and his sons by having the three Humans drink from the Ultra Divine Water. With all three surviving drinking the Ultra Divine Water and then returning back to Master Mutaito's Dojo a few hours before Piccolo Daimao and his sons would have attacked it?

3) What if Grandpa Son Gohan had never died by the hands of Great Ape Son Goku?

4) What if in Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku, Toolo had been sneaky enough to have given Bardock and the rest of the Saiyans Bardock had been with the very exact same ability to see the future?

5) What if Lady Chi-Chi's Mother and Lady Videl's Mother did not die of an illness?

6) What if when Kakarot was living on Planet Vegeta, Lady Gine had been the only family member Kakarot would have ever known from Bardock and Raditz doing many more missions for Frieza than in canon?

7) What if Lady Future Bulma had been able to cure Future Son Goku of the Heart Virus as early as when Future Trunks was about to be born and Future Son Goku would have returned the favor by babysitting Future Trunks as soon as Future Trunks would have been born? With Future Vegeta not appearing in Future Trunks' life at all from Future Vegeta spending all of his very own time training in intense gravity in the Gravity Room or taking his training to the far reaches of Space in one of Dr. Brief's Spaceships?
1. Everything after Resurrection F wouldn't have happened.

2. The divine water doesn't do anything. The people who got stronger from Korin's tower got stronger from climbing up and down the tower. It's a placebo.

3. This one is a cool idea!

Maybe he would fight in the tournament disguised alongside Jackie Chun?

I like to think he would have played a bigger role in the King Piccolo arc and had become one of Goku & Chichi's neighbors like Ox King. He would have been there for Goku when he contracted the virus, showed up onscreen whenever Chichi or Ox King did, would have helped Chichi raise Gohan and Goten, and would have attended the Battle of Gods party and other social events.

Gohan (Goku's son) might have a different name though :p

4. Bardock would have had help against Frieza's Death Ball, but ultimately it wouldn't be enough.

5. She would have appeared in the Great Saiyaman arcs, Buu arcs, and Battle of Gods. Hercule might be a little more serious and cautious here and there if he has someone to protect,.

6. Nothing really changes? Goku still hits his head.

7. Goku being alive changes everything. From bringing out Gohan's hidden potential, to Vegeta training harder to keep up, to having access to New Namek & Dende when they need a new guardian. Maybe the Androids would have turned good having all these people getting more powerful than them.

Honestly? Things would probably play out as they do in Dragon Ball Z, without Android 16, Cell, a time traveler, or foreknowledge of events. Once the androids start killing Z fighters, Goku would confront them and either get his ass beat and retreat for some training or kill them.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:26 am

What if instead of Spirit Bomb Goku got taught a version of Ultra Instinct without the power boost, where he only fights better. He only has the equivalent of the first Omen where he only has perfect defense when the saiyans come around, but he can train it to be better.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:49 am

Vegetes wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:26 am What if instead of Spirit Bomb Goku got taught a version of Ultra Instinct without the power boost, where he only fights better. He only has the equivalent of the first Omen where he only has perfect defense when the saiyans come around, but he can train it to be better.
Interesting idea. He lacks a major finisher, but is 100 times better as a fighter and can last longer than ever. I can't see Goku's training changing that much at Z, perhaps focusing more on tranquility rather than raw power, but knowing him he would do both.

Problem is that enemies of much greater power will not be prone to defeat that easily. Previously, no matter what, there was always the Spirit Bomb to rely on. So there is a high possibility that he wouldnt be able to defeat Kid Buu (since the Spirit Bomb on Freeza failed anyway and Cell didn't take one, as for Vegeta he can easily defeat him this time around).
P O W E R

CityracerGaming

Post by CityracerGaming » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Can I have some suggestions for what ifs that start anywhere between the King Piccolo saga and Frieza saga. I have been looking through this topic for a few hours, but I still have a long way to go. This would really speed up my search. I don't need any details on what would happen, just the ideas themselves.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:31 pm

CityracerGaming wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:24 pm Can I have some suggestions for what ifs that start anywhere between the King Piccolo saga and Frieza saga. I have been looking through this topic for a few hours, but I still have a long way to go. This would really speed up my search. I don't need any details on what would happen, just the ideas themselves.
1) What if Son Goku had transformed into a Wrathful Saiyan or a False Super Saiyan when Krillin had been killed by Tambourine?

2) What if Master Roshi, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien Shinhan, and Chiaotzu had went to go and train with Son Goku under Kami and Mr. Popo when Son Goku had came to Kame House to go get his Power Pole?

3) What if Kami didn't get rid of Son Goku's tail and had instead taught Son Goku how to control his Great Ape form through Meditation?

4) What if Son Goku had married Lady Bulma instead of Lady Chi-Chi from Lady Chi-Chi not showing up in the 23rd Budokai?

5) What if Snake Way was only 100 miles long and King Kai's Planet had 12 times Planet Earth's gravity?

6) What if Future Trunks from Imperfect Cell's Timeline had used his Solar Flare to have escaped from Imperfect Cell, but Future Trunks had accidentally reprogrammed his Time Machine in his very own haste to have escaped from Imperfect Cell to Age 757 and Future Trunks would have shown up the very exact same day Son Gohan had been born?

7) What if Son Goku and Piccolo had trained in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for the very exact same amount of time that Raditz would have given Son Goku to have killed around 100 Humans?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:08 am

CityracerGaming wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:24 pm Can I have some suggestions for what ifs that start anywhere between the King Piccolo saga and Frieza saga. I have been looking through this topic for a few hours, but I still have a long way to go. This would really speed up my search. I don't need any details on what would happen, just the ideas themselves.
The humans being trained by kami is a backup plan after during the BOZ timeskip.
Bulma not blowing up Nappas pod and Kuririn beating Vegeta and maybe even freezas forces to Namek?
Piccolo ressurecting his siblings between the Tourny and EoZ.
(Making the saiyan fight have more attendees)
Tambourine and Drum Cymbal and Piano perhaps being rivals to Kuririn, Ten, Yamcha and Chaozu.
And I just thought of this right now. Piccolos egg was a double Yoke-er. There's a dragon clan Namekian in there too, but he doesn't grow as Fast as Piccolo he's a long term plan to do some evil magic shit if Piccolo Jr fails.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

DBZ Expert
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ Expert » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:54 am

Android 20 (Initial) vs Future SSjin Trunks (Debut)

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:59 am

What If Piccolo birthed a son after Gohan got married to Videl? I imagined he would feel a bit empty with Gohan all grown up, so he would end up having a son just to fill the void.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:09 pm

What if Goku was found as a baby somewhere by Dr.Gero and he was taken in and experimented on.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:38 pm

What if Bulma goes with the other Z fighters to see Nappa and Vegeta in the saiyan saga?