The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:36 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:19 pm What if Shadow Dragons were created from the overuse of the Super Dragonballs? What would they be like and how powerful would they be?
If by the time when the Super Dragon Balls would have been corrupted enough to have spawned their very own version of Black Smoke Shenron and the Shadow Dragons would have been when Hakaishin Champa and Lady Vados would have been collecting the Super Dragon Balls, then Hakaishin Champa and Lady Vados would have taken care of the threat of the different version of Black Smoke Shenron and the Shadow Dragons before getting right back to collecting the Super Dragon Balls.

If by the time when the Super Dragon Balls would have been corrupted enough to have spawned their very own version of Black Smoke Shenron and the Shadow Dragons would have been when Present Zamasu would have been collecting the Super Dragon Balls to have swapped bodies with Son Goku, then Present Zamasu would have been completely and utterly surpassed, humiliated, defeated, and killed by the Corrupted Super Dragon Balls' version of Black Smoke Shenron and the Shadow Dragons before the Future Trunks Saga would have been replaced by all of the protagonists of Dragon Ball Super having to work together as a team in order to confront and eventually defeat the Corrupted Super Dragon Balls' version of Black Smoke Shenron and the Shadow Dragons.

If by the time when the Super Dragon Balls would have been corrupted enough to have spawned their very own version of Black Smoke Shenron and the Shadow Dragons would have been when The Omni-King, Grand Priest, or whoever would have been the one to have collected the Super Dragon Balls for the Tournament of Power, then any of the earlier mentioned three would have taken care of the threat of the the Corrupted Super Dragon Balls' version of Black Smoke Shenron and the Shadow Dragons before getting right back to collecting the Super Dragon Balls.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:59 pm

Peach wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:54 pm 1. What if Cooler was with Sorbet and Tagoma during Frieza's revival?

2. What if Cooler came to Earth with King Cold and Mecha Frieza?
1) If Cooler would have been smart enough to have suppressed his Power Level all of the way down to absolutely zero and would had taught the rest of the members of the Planet Trade Organization there going with him to have collected the Dragon Balls to have revived King Cold and Mecha Frieza, then things would have not gone well at all for the Z-Fighters.

Especially since the Z-Fighters' very own strongest members never completely learn from their very own respective past mistakes.

2) If Cooler would have went with King Cold and Mecha Frieza to Planet Earth, then Future Trunks would have ended up becoming much more serious and would have killed King Cold, Cooler, and Mecha Frieza before any of the three Frost Demons would have been able to access their very own respective full powers.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:04 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:08 pm What if Jiren help out Goku and Vegeta against Moro?
Well, as long as Jiren doesn't play around with Planet-Eater Moro, then Jiren can defeat Planet-Eater Moro without the help of Son Goku and Vegeta.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:32 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:57 am What if Gohan was born with the same amount of God Ki as Uub?

A wacky, extremely unrealistic one but I'm curious to see how itd play out through the rest of Z and Super; What if Goku and Frieza were somehow permanently merged together with Potara Earrings, with no time limit nor way to separate them, during the battle shortly before Namek explodes?
1) If Son Gohan would have been born with God Ki and not regular Ki, then Kami would have been one of the very few people on Planet Earth that would have been capable of sensing Son Gohan's Power Level. And literally everyone that would have attacked Son Gohan would have had a much harder time trying to pick a fight with him in the very first place from Son Gohan possibly growing stronger than his canon self from his God Ki allowing him to receive better gains from training than when compared to his canon self.

2) The Fusion Warrior born from Son Goku and Frieza through the use of the Potara Earrings would have been a little similar to Cell in terms of personality and wouldn't have spared any of his enemies. Not to mention the obvious fact that this Fusion of Son Goku and Frieza would have been able to become hundreds of times stronger than Son Goku and Frieza ever were past the Frieza Saga. Along with that Vegeta would have hated Son Goza or however you would like to call the Potara Fusion of Son Goku and Frieza from being the literal Fusion of two people Vegeta really hates very much.

And if Son Goza still ends up being married to Lady Son Chi-Chi, then Son Goten would have been born infinitely much more powerful than his canon self and would have handed Trunks his ass in the 25th Budokai.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:35 pm

Nodeo-Franvier wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:55 pm What if Master Roshi and Kuririn went with Goku to fight Raditz?
Ps.If it Super version Roshi would have mob the floor with Raditz due to UI.
Do you know if Kuririn know the Kienzan before the arrival of Nappa and Vegeta? If he knows it when fighting Raditz, they would easily win. If Goku is alive, they won't need to talk about the Dragon Balls and Nappa & Vegeta have no reason to go to Earth. Piccolo and Goku would go on fighting for the next 4-5 years until Goku dies from the heart virus. #17 and #18 would still exist because Gero wants reveange on Goku for destroying the RRA. Everyone else would be dead from #17 and #18 meanwhile Freeza would still continued to run his empire. Babidi and Dabra would have no luck on finding ki to awaken Buu out of his shell.

Or

Goku would still die and Kuririn would able to his hidden ki power to kill off Raditz similar how he did with Saibamen. That's if Piccolo does not use the Makankōsappo. Nothing else would be any different if that is the case.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:35 pm

What if Majin Vegeta was a Super Saiyan 3?

Hope a few of you reply to this.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:44 pm

Peach wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:35 pm What if Majin Vegeta was a Super Saiyan 3?

I suppose that would mean that Goku would need to use SSJ3, therefore siphoning even more energy to Majin Buu resulting in him being reborn more quickly.
However, considering how spectacularly SSJ3 Goku faired against Buu, I would assume that if the same events between Goku and Vegeta occur and Vegeta ultimately sacrifices himself, then Buu would probably be disintegrated, and the conflict would end there.
HOWEVER, if Goku and Vegeta fight for too long, then Goku could very well be forced back into the spirit world, leaving Vegeta without a victory. If Buu is born by then, then it is plausible for him to kill himself anyways
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:32 pm

Peach wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:35 pm What if Majin Vegeta was a Super Saiyan 3?

Well, here are my two theories.

1) If Majin Vegeta were to have achieved Super Saiyan 3 in the Majin Buu Saga, then Son Goku (Angel) would have needed to use his very own Super Saiyan 3 form to have fought against Majin Vegeta. As Son Goku (Angel) and Majin Vegeta became equal in power to each other from Vegeta letting himself be turned into a Majin by Madōshi Babidi's Dark Magic in order for Vegeta to have gotten his very own hidden potential unlocked and become stronger than he had been before he became Majin Vegeta since Vegeta had been slightly weaker than Son Goku (Angel) at the very start of the Majin Buu Saga.

However, as long as Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku (Angel) took things as seriously as he possibly could against Majin Buu's Chrysalis, Madōshi Babidi, Majin Dabura, and Super Saiyan 3 Majin Vegeta by Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku (Angel) absolutely going all-out and not holding anything back against Majin Buu's Chrysalis, Madōshi Babidi, Majin Dabura, and Super Saiyan 3 Majin Vegeta, then I can see Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku (Angel) being able to defeat Majin Buu's Chrysalis, Madōshi Babidi, Majin Dabura, and Super Saiyan 3 Majin Vegeta just mere moments before Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku (Angel) would have used up all of his remaining time to be allowed outside of the Otherworld.

2) For Majin Vegeta to have achieved Super Saiyan 3, I really think that Majin Vegeta would have needed to receive one absolute Hell of a rage boost in order to have been able to ascend beyond his Super Saiyan 2 form.

As despite the fact that Vegeta had been receiving Zenkais that had been increasing his very own Power Level far beyond that of the very own vast majority of the rest of the Saiyan warrior race, Vegeta didn't achieve any sort of transformation whatsoever from any of the countless Zenkais that Vegeta had ever received throughout his entire life.

And even when Vegeta had been training himself to death in the Gravity Chamber for 3 years straight, Vegeta had only been able to achieve the Super Saiyan form. With it taking Vegeta one year of training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to have achieved Ascended Super Saiyan and Ultra Super Saiyan, and another year in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for Vegeta to have been able to barely scratch the surface of Full Power Super Saiyan.

By the time of the Cell Games Saga, Vegeta wasn't able to achieve Super Saiyan 2 against the Cell Junior he had fought against and even when Future Trunks had been killed by the Full Power Death Beam of Super Perfect Cell.

And it was only during the 7 years of peace in-between the Cell Games Saga and the World Tournament Saga that Vegeta had been able to achieve the Super Saiyan 2 form from Vegeta continuing to train like a madman in the Gravity Chamber. But even then Vegeta was still slightly weaker than Son Goku (Angel) from the Majin Buu Saga right until Vegeta became Majin Vegeta in order for Vegeta to be equal in power to Son Goku (Angel) when Son Goku (Angel) and Majin Vegeta are in their very own respective base forms, Full Power Super Saiyan forms, and Super Saiyan 2 forms.

However, right when Majin Vegeta would have ascended even beyond Super Saiyan 2 in order to be able to achieve Super Saiyan 3 for the very first time of his life, Majin Vegeta would only have been able to maintain Super Saiyan 3 for around as long as Son Goku did against Kid Buu (Base Form) in canon from Majin Vegeta not having gone out of his way to have completely and utterly mastered his Super Saiyan form, Super Saiyan 2 form, and Super Saiyan 3 form.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:33 am

Then Goku would've had to whip out his SS3. Goku would win because Vegeta was alive and that sucks for a SS3, but they would've fought long enough to wake up Buu.

Optimistic outcome:
Goku is aware he can't fight for too long as a SS3 and also that Buu woke up pretty soon after they both went SS3. They would make a truce, go exterminate Buu and resume their SS3 fight until Vegeta loses or Goku has to go back to the Other World.

Pessimistic outcome: they both fight for too long, Goku has to go back, and Vegeta drops back to his base form, drained like Goku was vs Kid Buu. And Buu wakes up. Goku gets called immediately to the OW so he can't give Vegeta a senzu, and Geets can't go fight Buu. He will have to go get healed by Dende or get more senzues, and then, try and finish Buu immediately.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:19 pm

What if Goku did die from the Heart Virus during his fight with #19?
She/Her

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:54 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:19 pm What if Goku did die from the Heart Virus during his fight with #19?
Son Gohan would have gotten such a huge rage boost from having witnessed his very own father dying right before his very own two eyes that Son Gohan would have been able to achieve Super Saiyan and would have been the one to have defeated Android 19, but in a much more savage fashion than when Super Saiyan Vegeta had defeated Android 19 in canon, with Doctor Maki Gero being killed by the absolutely enraged Super Saiyan Son Gohan as well. Or by the hands of Super Saiyan Vegeta or Piccolo.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:01 pm

If a SSj Gohan did kill both #19 and Gero before Gero can awaken #16-18, I wonder if Vegeta would end up awaking them? He would probably be angry that he never got a proper fight.
She/Her

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:11 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:01 pm If a SSj Gohan did kill both #19 and Gero before Gero can awaken #16-18, I wonder if Vegeta would end up awaking them? He would probably be angry that he never got a proper fight.
The Z-Fighters and Vegeta would have been shocked at the very own death of Son Goku, Son Gohan's Super Saiyan transformation, and Super Saiyan Son Gohan absolutely destroying Dr. Maki Gero and Android 19. Everyone who had paid witness to Son Gohan being able to briefly surpass Son Goku with a rage boost and Son Gohan be the one responsible to have avenged Son Goku by defeating Dr. Maki Gero and Android 19 would have thought that the Android threat would have been over with right until meeting up with Lady Bulma and Future Trunks. With Dr. Maki Gero's Secret Laboratory being broken right into by the Z-Fighters and subsequently destroyed by the Z-Fighters since they wouldn't be in the mood to play around with Dr. Maki Gero's other creations after witnessing the death of Son Goku.

Especially since the Z-Fighters and Vegeta would have been wanting to revive Son Goku with the Namekian Dragon Balls and would have been able to do so from Android 19 being partially responsible for Son Goku's health having deteriorated so much.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:12 pm

Absolutely wacky what if:

What if Master Roshi was a saiyan, who somehow gained eternal youth through a freak accident just before being sent to earth, while keeping his personality? Would he become a super saiyan, and defeat Frieza long before Goku was born? Would he manage to attain some form of Ultra Instinct?

Most importantly, how would the events of Dragon Ball, all the way to the Moro arc, go?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:08 am

What if the Universe 6 Saiyans had learned how to do the SSJG ritual before the ToP?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:08 am What if the Universe 6 Saiyans had learned how to do the SSJG ritual before the ToP?
I feel like Caulifla would be the one that would want to get the ritual so she would do it first; naturally if possible her, as well as Kale and Cabba would get the ritual themselves. With this i believe they'd be the most formidable universe besides possibly Universe 11, with Jiren.

Once we get to the fight against Caulifla and Kale, I believe it would have to become Goku and Vegeta vs both of them, with them all being in Super Saiyan God. Goku and Vegeta would have the edge, but it would become very dangerous once they fuse into Kefla. Goku and Vegeta would stand absolutely no chance, and even Ultra Instinct Omen would fail, as well as Blue Evolution for Vegeta (which i think he'd unlock here).

However, just as Goku is about to be eliminated, I believe Vegeta would save him, and in a last ditch effort, the fusion dance would be used. I believe Gogeta would strive for a quick elimination and a good fight at the same time, where Kefla would break her limits and unlock Super Saiyan Blue; by then, Gogeta would be able to utilize Blue Evolution, and quickly ring them out.

What if Master Roshi trained in the Saiyan Arc and unlocked/mastered Ultra Instinct before the arrival of Nappa and Vegeta, and worked on teaching it to Krillin, Tien, Yamcha and Chiaotzu?

Ul Chi-chi

Post by Ul Chi-chi » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:53 pm

What if Chi-Chi was a Z-fighter?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:25 pm

Ul Chi-chi wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:53 pm What if Chi-Chi was a Z-fighter?
She would probably be a bit less protective of Gohan as she would have more personal experiences with how high the stakes are when they're fighting together. Maybe she would sacrifice herself to save Gohan instead of Piccolo. She would also probably hate Piccolo a lot more at first for the harsh training he put Gohan through but eventually bond with him.

What if Piccolo had taught Gohan the Makankosappo?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:14 pm

What if Freeza was never born? Would King Cold still destory Planet Vegeta or would Beerus make King Cold do it for him? King Cold never fear the Super Saiyan legend like Freeza did. I do think he would keep Planet Vegeta around and Goku would still be send to Earth as a baby.
She/Her

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:37 pm

What if the Dragonballs were used to wish someone back to life who had died of old age or a serious medical condition? Would they just come back and die again a few minutes later?