The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat May 29, 2021 2:32 pm

What If Eminem wrote Step Into The Grand Tour?
Caulifla best girl! :)

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat May 29, 2021 3:26 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:32 pm What If Eminem wrote Step Into The Grand Tour?
It would have been the best American-made Dragon Ball intro, no cap.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:23 pm

1) what if Gohan, against Nappa, didn't get cold feet and attacked him with his strongest ki blast, when Piccolo and Krilin jumped Nappa? Would that have done anything to Nappa? If so, how would've that fight developed? Vegeta jumps right in?

2)what if Piccolo doesn't protect Gohan, or fails to do so in time, and Nappa kills Gohan, and Goku arrives to that scene? Any chance for Goku to unlock ss based on the emotional stress of not being able to save Gohan?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:34 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:23 pm 1) what if Gohan, against Nappa, didn't get cold feet and attacked him with his strongest ki blast, when Piccolo and Krilin jumped Nappa? Would that have done anything to Nappa? If so, how would've that fight developed? Vegeta jumps right in?

2)what if Piccolo doesn't protect Gohan, or fails to do so in time, and Nappa kills Gohan, and Goku arrives to that scene? Any chance for Goku to unlock ss based on the emotional stress of not being able to save Gohan?
If Nappa isn't killed he's wounded enough to beat.
It then depends on if Vegeta waits for Goku or kills everyone himself. Vegeta doesn't jump in on Nappas behalf.

You then have wounded Ten still around perhaps the kikoho works now if Nappa isn't killed there and then.

Goku would probably fuck Nappa up more aggressively, but too early for SS.

Piccolo is more use than Gohan but if the genki Dama is used then he can't bounce it back. So it depends how much better he does...

Piccolo doesn't spare Vegeta I don't think even if Goku begs, especially if Gohan dies. Perhaps Goku doesn't even ask.

Chaozu still needs Namekian DBs.... But does Popo suggest it for just him?

Piccolo might even go to Namek out of curiosity and to resurrect Gohan faster?

I wonder if Chichi would leave Goku? Probably not as Piccolo took Gohan not Goku this time.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

BWri

Post by BWri » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:58 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:23 pm 1) what if Gohan, against Nappa, didn't get cold feet and attacked him with his strongest ki blast, when Piccolo and Krilin jumped Nappa? Would that have done anything to Nappa? If so, how would've that fight developed? Vegeta jumps right in?
If we retcon it with modern day knowledge then it kills because Nappa was caught off-guard. If we do the same thing but back when the chapter was first released, it likely wouldn't have killed him because Nappa was an absolute tank.
I don't think so. I still believe in the, by this point, old-school mindset that a Saiyan has to hit a certain power threshold before they can become a Super Saiyan.

If Gohan dies then the rest of the team aren't getting past Vegeta, unless Piccolo can land a sneak attack on his Oozaru form with the drill beam. He'd probably get shredded by the Genki Dama if he tried to bounce it back like Gohan did.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:04 pm

What if a male and female character fused permanently? Like imagine that 18 and Goku somehow fused at some point with the potara's and the permanent rule applied to mortals. What would happen from then on and how others would react? Do you guys think they'd be androgynous, masculine or feminine because in canon, there aren't too many examples to go off of how this would look like or how it would go afterwards.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:05 am

What if Vegeta was disowned/kept secret because he was born a "freak"? Still working under Frieza, but he has some sort of odd characteristics to him. I dunno, maybe a Saiyan scientist decided to experiment and added Namekian and Frieza race DNA to his breeding pod.

Honestly, Vegeta being some sort of "fallen" prince in canon would have been interesting. Like he had to actually work to gain his status and still didn't quite fit in.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:49 pm

1) He would have been badly damage and it would be enough to defeat him. Vegeta would probably kill Nappa for being weak, and would end up killing everyone else afterwards. Goku would be in rage to see everyone is dead, and he kills Vegeta with no mercy. Unless North Kai tells Goku about Namek, he would stay on Earth until he dies from the Heart Virus. #17 and #18 kills everyone on Earth meanwhile Freeza is still ruling his empire. Moro would probably escape many years later and kill Freeza. He would every planet until there is no more planets left. Universe 7 would get erase for having a very low mortal level.

2) With the Dragon Balls still around, Goku won't be as angry because he knows everyone would wish them back. The rest of the Saiyan saga would probably play the same. Piccolo could take Gohan's place during the battle with Vegeta. Piccolo probably won't listen to Goku and he would end up killing him before he escapes to his space pod. I'm not sure if they will go Namek or not because they could let Chazou stay dead for good. If they don't go to Namek, everyone would be wish back to life and Piccolo would still be Goku's rival. He probably won't want to take over the world like he would because his personality has changed after being friends with Gohan. Goku would still die from the heart virus and everyone would be killed off by #17 & #18.

If they go to Namek, they would still have trouble against the Ginyu Force. I don't think Piccolo fusing with Nail would be enough because he won't have the training that he would have on North Kai's planet. Freeza would still be enough to kill them anyways.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:28 pm

What if Vegeta somehow have an advantage against Granola with his new hakai powers and Granolah cowardly attacks the unconscious Goku with a poweful ki blast. Would Vegeta protect Goku by taking the attack and potentially lose the fight because of that?
I know he wouldn't do that during most of DBZ and that would demostrate character development.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:13 pm

What if Tapion decied to stay in the past after DBZ Movie 13? How useful would he be in Dragon Ball Super?
She/Her

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:19 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:13 pm What if Tapion decied to stay in the past after DBZ Movie 13? How useful would he be in Dragon Ball Super?
I could see him wipe out some of freeza’s goons but I doubt he would do much better than Krillin in the ToP
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:23 am

What if Jiren and Toppo had used the potara to fuse in the Tournament of Power?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

AtlasFlame18

Post by AtlasFlame18 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:56 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:23 am What if Jiren and Toppo had used the potara to fuse in the Tournament of Power?
The multiverse is erased by Zeno because they will make a selfish wish

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:14 pm

What if Moro was picked for the Tournament of Power instead of Freeza?
She/Her

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:50 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:14 pm What if Moro was picked for the Tournament of Power instead of Freeza?
That would have been pretty cool, only if I didn't care for Frieza coming back. Meh.

If Moro still has Seventhree's copy ability, he's going to be copying people left and right. The Zenos will allow it because it's "interesting".

Jiren will still somehow knock him out. All of that team will focus on Moro as much as they can because he's EVIL! *rubs hands together...MENACINGLY!*

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:18 am

What if Gohan trained vigorously after Cell? Like, dropped out of school and spent all his free time training.

How strong would he be in Buu, Battle of Gods, and the various points in Super?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:00 pm

Peach wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:18 am What if Gohan trained vigorously after Cell? Like, dropped out of school and spent all his free time training.

Stronger than SS2 Goku, maybe not that far off SS3 Goku. I doubt he'd be as strong as in his Ultimate form but he should still have some room for improvement. Three SS2 can stop Buu from awakening, and the three together might be able to kill him if he does wake up.

Some additional training (ROSAT or some zenkai) should get him above SS3 and strong enough to beat any non-fused Buu iteration.

He might've been the best choice for the ritual vs Beerus. There would've been three saiyans training with Whis, three SSB, RoF ends sooner. U6 works just fine, the 4 saiyans destroy Black before he can fuse, they trap Zamasu. The ToP still needs UI to take Jiren down, Gohan ends up being irrelevant just like Vegeta was vs Jiren and Broly, and also against Moro.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:10 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:00 pm
Peach wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:18 am What if Gohan trained vigorously after Cell? Like, dropped out of school and spent all his free time training.

Stronger than SS2 Goku, maybe not that far off SS3 Goku. I doubt he'd be as strong as in his Ultimate form but he should still have some room for improvement. Three SS2 can stop Buu from awakening, and the three together might be able to kill him if he does wake up.

Some additional training (ROSAT or some zenkai) should get him above SS3 and strong enough to beat any non-fused Buu iteration.

He might've been the best choice for the ritual vs Beerus. There would've been three saiyans training with Whis, three SSB, RoF ends sooner. U6 works just fine, the 4 saiyans destroy Black before he can fuse, they trap Zamasu. The ToP still needs UI to take Jiren down, Gohan ends up being irrelevant just like Vegeta was vs Jiren and Broly, and also against Moro.
You don't think he would be at least as strong as Ultimate Gohan in the Buu and TOP sagas? All the Old Kai did was unleash potential he had within him.

Would he have Super Saiyan 3 too? o:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:17 am

1) What if someone had been killed in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber? Would the said someone have went to the Otherworld like normal or would have had his or her very own literal soul stay within the confines of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

2) Also, what if instead of Gotenks playing around in his base form against Super Buu (Base Form) in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Gotenks would had used his Super Saiyan 2 form against Super Buu (Base Form) since the very beginning of their fight in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:56 am

What if Babidi and Dabra show up to Earth 10 years after Cell and not seven years?
She/Her