The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Xeogran » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:29 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:41 am Broly would replace Vegeta in Dragon Ball Super. Super would likely be the same
I can see Goku asking Beerus to wish for Vegeta back with the Super Dragon Balls after the U6 vs U7 tournament.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:50 pm

What if King Vegeta didn't die? Instead, he was KO when Freeza punched him. Do you think he could have become good similar to how Vegeta did?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:10 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:50 pm What if King Vegeta didn't die? Instead, he was KO when Freeza punched him. Do you think he could have become good similar to how Vegeta did?
Going with the Bardock Supesharu, he would eventually have no way out of Freeza's spaceship, he can't breath in space and his planet would've been destroyed by the time he woke up.
Even if he were to escape in some pod, he was a King, his pride and hatred should be much higher than his son's, sure after learning his planet was destroyed in his sleep.
I don't think he'd be redeemable on his own or that he'd pospone his revenge for 30 years and meet Goku and co. He probably would've tried to rescue his son from Freeza and die trying. Probably at Cui's hand(if he was already a thing 25 years ago), which would make for an interesting dynamics with Vegeta later. Dodoria or Zarbon would kill him if there's no Cui yet.

So, no, I think at best he'd be like an antihero or whatever Vegeta was during the android arc.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:14 am

What if Goku turned Super Saiyan after Taumborine killed Krillin?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:48 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:14 am What if Goku turned Super Saiyan after Taumborine killed Krillin?
Goku would have been a much more bloodthirsty Super Saiyan. In the King Piccolo saga, he was seeking vengeance right out of the gate, and didn't hesitate to kill when he was a kid. It's not until he's 18 (Piccolo Jr. arc) that he becomes less vengeful by nature. If Goku had achieved Super Saiyan this much earlier though, especially before receiving Kami's training, he might have tapped into his evil Saiyan nature and become a problem for Earth itself. I'm not sure he'd mentally be able to deal with it.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:01 pm

What if Babidi use #17 for his mind slave instead using of Spopovich and Yamu?
She/Her

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:42 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:01 pm What if Babidi use #17 for his mind slave instead using of Spopovich and Yamu?
I'm unsure if 17 has enough maliciousness in him for him to fall under Babidi's spell. But I kinda feel it makes someone's energy overflow which with the infinite energy you have to wonder how far it would go. Perhaps his body wouldn't be able to handle it. I think also there has to be an angle to manipulate, Spopovich and Yamu wanted power (Spoppy had bitterness from losing to Mr Satan). Can't see what 17 would want, his biggest desire was to have a holiday with his family.

Energy at this stage was only being gathered by the meter, and the Z team whilst a bit uneasy by spopovich and Yamu didn't know them. If 17 went to the tournament he would be recognised immediately by everyone else. I could imagine maybe he would try and take might mask's disguise. But even then he would give off no energy whatsoever which would raise alarms to Z team - of android or something weird. I suppose if he were to fight he should probably be able to beat everyone as roughly 10 years puts his around low end blue level/somewhere godly, so 7 years should probably put him SS2 tier at least, and this is without the power boost from Babidi. Babidi wouldn't be able to use him like he did Vegeta to gather energy since I think with the artifical energy his battle damage wouldn't go through the ship to charge Buu.

I think his love of life wouldn't let him actually kill anyone, and with 18 around and Maron they would be able to talk him down, also perhaps could give krillin a more involved role. - I'm gonna try and think this up as proper scenario.

What if Granolah made his wish during the Namek arc? (ignoring the galactic prisoners so he just wishes to be stronger than Frieza)

What if Granolah made his wish during the Moro Arc?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:29 am

Krillin1994 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:42 am
Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:01 pm What if Babidi use #17 for his mind slave instead using of Spopovich and Yamu?
I'm unsure if 17 has enough maliciousness in him for him to fall under Babidi's spell. But I kinda feel it makes someone's energy overflow which with the infinite energy you have to wonder how far it would go. Perhaps his body wouldn't be able to handle it. I think also there has to be an angle to manipulate, Spopovich and Yamu wanted power (Spoppy had bitterness from losing to Mr Satan). Can't see what 17 would want, his biggest desire was to have a holiday with his family.

Energy at this stage was only being gathered by the meter, and the Z team whilst a bit uneasy by spopovich and Yamu didn't know them. If 17 went to the tournament he would be recognised immediately by everyone else. I could imagine maybe he would try and take might mask's disguise. But even then he would give off no energy whatsoever which would raise alarms to Z team - of android or something weird. I suppose if he were to fight he should probably be able to beat everyone as roughly 10 years puts his around low end blue level/somewhere godly, so 7 years should probably put him SS2 tier at least, and this is without the power boost from Babidi. Babidi wouldn't be able to use him like he did Vegeta to gather energy since I think with the artifical energy his battle damage wouldn't go through the ship to charge Buu.

I think his love of life wouldn't let him actually kill anyone, and with 18 around and Maron they would be able to talk him down, also perhaps could give krillin a more involved role. - I'm gonna try and think this up as proper scenario.

What if Granolah made his wish during the Namek arc? (ignoring the galactic prisoners so he just wishes to be stronger than Frieza)

If granolah made the wish during the namek saga, he would have been stronger than either fat Buu or broly. Since either one of them were the two strongest (non gods) at the time. I am excluding Moro, because his power was sealed. He didn’t really gain power until he escaped the prison. And then to namek, he began to grow slowly. So, he would most likely be stronger than Fat Buu, who was still alive, but asleep. He would find where frieza and cold went. Go to earth kill them. Kill trunks, Vegeta, and Goku. Screwing up the future. And possibly, get scanned by gero, making cell/the androids really, really powerful. And the universe eventually dies, because Zeno doesn’t meet Goku.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:56 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:29 am

If granolah made the wish during the namek saga, he would have been stronger than either fat Buu or broly. Since either one of them were the two strongest (non gods) at the time. I am excluding Moro, because his power was sealed. He didn’t really gain power until he escaped the prison. And then to namek, he began to grow slowly. So, he would most likely be stronger than Fat Buu, who was still alive, but asleep. He would find where frieza and cold went. Go to earth kill them. Kill trunks, Vegeta, and Goku. Screwing up the future. And possibly, get scanned by gero, making cell/the androids really, really powerful. And the universe eventually dies, because Zeno doesn’t meet Goku.
This is still ~12 years before Goku and Vegeta fight broly. I don’t think he’s that strong at this stage. He got rapidly stronger fighting people above him.

And if buu is sealed away his power is dormant so I doubt the wish would see that - plus to make it work in the story I said for that wish just to be stronger than frieza.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:56 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:29 am

This is still ~12 years before Goku and Vegeta fight broly. I don’t think he’s that strong at this stage. He got rapidly stronger fighting people above him.

And if buu is sealed away his power is dormant so I doubt the wish would see that - plus to make it work in the story I said for that wish just to be stronger than frieza.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:50 pm

What if Piccolo began regressing back to his evil ways and became Majin instead of Vegeta? Or along with Vegeta?
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

jgforever

Post by jgforever » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:28 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:50 pm What if Piccolo began regressing back to his evil ways and became Majin instead of Vegeta? Or along with Vegeta?
If this were to occur, Goku would have been strong enough to defeat him. If Piccolo at the start of the Buu saga was weaker than Dabura, than Goku would most likely be able to somewhat comfortably beat him (even with the Majin boost). Piccolo can’t power up further so even if Goku were to struggle, he can just go SSJ3 and finish him off. If Vegeta were to help Goku out also, then Piccolo is completely done for.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:19 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:50 pm What if Piccolo began regressing back to his evil ways and became Majin instead of Vegeta? Or along with Vegeta?
Both Majins would be fun. Piccolo, for plot purposes should be as strong as a SS2, he might want to team up with Vegeta to fuck Goku up, or wait for his turn, or fight Vegeta to see who fights Goku. Or maybe take it out on Gohan, the reason why he became good. He'd beat Gohan for sure, who wouldn't want to fight back.

Buu gets released sooner, Shin gets killed, Beerus dies(BoG is off the table), Buu kills everybody, Goku eventually has to go back.

SS3 Goku would have to emerge to prevent all of this, beat Vegeta on the spot, beat Majin Piccolo, kill Dabura and Babidi. And kill Buu, if he has enough time left. Maybe he can do all of that before Buu is awakened, if not, then probably he'll run out of time and Buu will have a blast with people that have no idea about fusion and can't touch him. Goku won't come back because he'll never meet the old Kaioshin.

I guess, at best it would be Buu vs SS2 Vegeta, Piccolo, SS2 Gohan(if he can), SS Goten and SS Trunks. If they win, they would be toasted if Freeza comes back. No U6 tournament or ToP, no Zamasu, maybe Moro will regain his magic if they defeat Buu. In that case, he'll eat the whole universe eventually.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:31 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:19 pm
Both Majins would be fun. Piccolo, for plot purposes should be as strong as a SS2, he might want to team up with Vegeta to fuck Goku up, or wait for his turn, or fight Vegeta to see who fights Goku. Or maybe take it out on Gohan, the reason why he became good. He'd beat Gohan for sure, who wouldn't want to fight back.

Buu gets released sooner, Shin gets killed, Beerus dies(BoG is off the table), Buu kills everybody, Goku eventually has to go back.

SS3 Goku would have to emerge to prevent all of this, beat Vegeta on the spot, beat Majin Piccolo, kill Dabura and Babidi. And kill Buu, if he has enough time left. Maybe he can do all of that before Buu is awakened, if not, then probably he'll run out of time and Buu will have a blast with people that have no idea about fusion and can't touch him. Goku won't come back because he'll never meet the old Kaioshin.

I guess, at best it would be Buu vs SS2 Vegeta, Piccolo, SS2 Gohan(if he can), SS Goten and SS Trunks. If they win, they would be toasted if Freeza comes back. No U6 tournament or ToP, no Zamasu, maybe Moro will regain his magic if they defeat Buu. In that case, he'll eat the whole universe eventually.
I really like this scenario, especially the idea of Majin Piccolo fighting Gohan.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:41 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:31 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:19 pm

I really like this scenario, especially the idea of Majin Piccolo fighting Gohan.
Como to think about it, it sounds like a XV3 PQ... with new match-ups and with Goku needing to beat everybody within 8 minutes for a Z rank, going from one stage to another.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:24 pm

If it's just Piccolo, Gohan would probably fight Piccolo meanwhile Goku will go with Shin to stop Babidi and Dabra. Goku would probably kill both Dabra and Babidi at SSj2. There would be no Majin Buu and Goku would return back to other world. During Battle of Gods, they would need one more person for Vegeta to become Super Saiyan God. They would probably summon Tarble and Vegeta would lose just like Goku did. Freeza comes back to life and Vegeta would probably kill him. Universe 6 vs. Universe 7 team would be different because they won't have Goku. They probably use Gohan instead and the outcome will be the same. Zamasu would use Vegeta's body instead to become Black and Vegeta would fuse with Trunks to fight against Merged Zamasu.

I doubt Vegeta would be friends with Zeno which means that they would have no way on defeating Zamasu in his cloud form. They would lose and Zamasu would have taken over the Multiverse.
She/Her

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:58 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:24 pm
I doubt Vegeta would be friends with Zeno which means that they would have no way on defeating Zamasu in his cloud form. They would lose and Zamasu would have taken over the Multiverse.
Damn, if only Piccolo became evil again in the Buu arc.

Though to be fair if Vegeta was the MC instead of Goku (the MC of Super at least), I don't think Zamasu would go rogue. Since Vegeta isn't a crazy fight addict like Goku and wouldn't look for a fight. Indeed he said he wasn't interested in fighting the Present Zamasu :think:

Or well at least I hope he has grown since the days of his massive failure with Semi-Perfect Cell.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:20 pm

What if Frieza killed Piccolo on Namek?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:51 pm

Peach wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:20 pm What if Frieza killed Piccolo on Namek?
The Dragon Balls would be gone on Earth and Gohan would be angry enough to fire a ki blast at Freeza. However, it won't be strong enough to kill him. Vegeta, Piccolo, Kuririn, and the other human Z fighters would be dead forever. Without Vegeta, Trunks would never be born and no one would help save Goku from the heart virus. Cell would probably end up absorbing #17 and #18 to reach his perfect form and would leave the planet to look for a fight. There woud be no Buu saga and Beerus would end up destroying the Earth because it would be a dead pointless planet to him. Cell would be killed by Broly or Moro later on.
She/Her

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:52 pm

What if Chi-Chi had gotten over her Goku infatuation and went for Krillin instead in the 23rd?