The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:48 pm

Alruneia wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:19 am
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:50 pm What if there was a technique like Whis' temporal do-over, except it could be used instantly over and over again (like in the middle of combat) with no cooldown period, and could rewind time as far back as the user wanted? How overpowered would that be?
You wouldn't be able to fight a character like that fairly. Attack him and he'll see how you move and then reverse time just enough to dodge. If you're fast enough to hit him before he can react and do that, you'll probably make him angry, and then he'll just go way back in time and retcon you out of existence. Practically the only way to win is to overwhelm him so quickly that he's defeated/dead before he can use his ability at all. (Or hope that he for some reason doesn't use his ability as much as he could.) In short, it'd be so overpowered that it probably wouldn't make for very good Dragon Ball content.
That sounds like Juha from Bleach.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:12 am

Peach wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:54 pm
Kakkaroto735 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm What if Goku didn't bump his head?
People talk about this a lot and the common agreement is that he would be evil. I disagree with that.
How I think this would go down: Goku would still be raised by Son Gohan but he knows that he is a Saiyan, He would be a chaotic neutral character because I ultimately think that Gohan's good nature was what make Goku truly pure of heart. I think Kakarot would eventually become truly pure once he trained with Kami, because in the original timeline he was naive but more than willing to kill people without giving them a chance at mercy and training with Kami made him a more merciful character.
Ehh. I still think he would try and dust the planet. That's just what Saiyans are programmed to do. It has nothing to do with good or evil.

Would he be successful? Probably not for many years. There's many people who could kick his ass including Roshi, Shen, Tien, and Mercenary Tao.

It would be a very sad story where destruction follows Goku wherever he goes. Him not remembering the Great Ape rampages. And lots of martial artists and assassins specifically targeting him. I can see him picking up basic martial arts from fighting Grandpa Gohan when he was alive. Gohan might be the only friend he had. Just like Broly and Ba.

He would definitely go with Raditz.
Honestly, Kakarot would probably be too much for Gohan to deal with in his base form, he would probably take a trip to Roshi's. After all the constant battles with this toddler, he'd probably just ask Roshi to teach the kid basic martial arts, and Roshi would probably destroy the moon much earlier.(Remember, Gohan had kept Goku for some amount of time before he hit his head anyway, we know he survived at least one Great Ape attack, because we know he told Goku not to look at the moon numerous times. As Kakarot aged, his brutal killing instincts would show themselves more and Gohan would have no choice but to turn him over to Roshi. Gohan would probably go with Bulma, and he would recognize Turtle as Roshi's. A stronger Kakarot would go with Bulma for the rest of the story and most of the first series after this would be the same, but Goku knows how to fly, is probably much stronger cause he knows what a Zenkai is and has more training anyway. Kami would still cut off his tail and restore the moon.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:17 am

Kakkaroto735 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:12 am
Kakkaroto735 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm What if Goku didn't bump his head?
People talk about this a lot and the common agreement is that he would be evil. I disagree with that.
How I think this would go down: Goku would still be raised by Son Gohan but he knows that he is a Saiyan, He would be a chaotic neutral character because I ultimately think that Gohan's good nature was what make Goku truly pure of heart. I think Kakarot would eventually become truly pure once he trained with Kami, because in the original timeline he was naive but more than willing to kill people without giving them a chance at mercy and training with Kami made him a more merciful character.
Ehh. I still think he would try and dust the planet. That's just what Saiyans are programmed to do. It has nothing to do with good or evil.

Would he be successful? Probably not for many years. There's many people who could kick his ass including Roshi, Shen, Tien, and Mercenary Tao.

It would be a very sad story where destruction follows Goku wherever he goes. Him not remembering the Great Ape rampages. And lots of martial artists and assassins specifically targeting him. I can see him picking up basic martial arts from fighting Grandpa Gohan when he was alive. Gohan might be the only friend he had. Just like Broly and Ba.

Honestly, Kakarot would probably be too much for Gohan to deal with in his base form, he would probably take a trip to Roshi's. After all the constant battles with this toddler, he'd probably just ask Roshi to teach the kid basic martial arts, and Roshi would probably destroy the moon much earlier.(Remember, Gohan had kept Goku for some amount of time before he hit his head anyway, we know he survived at least one Great Ape attack, because we know he told Goku not to look at the moon numerous times. As Kakarot aged, his brutal killing instincts would show themselves more and Gohan would have no choice but to turn him over to Roshi. Gohan would probably go with Bulma, and he would recognize Turtle as Roshi's. A stronger Kakarot would go with Bulma for the rest of the story and most of the first series after this would be the same, but Goku knows how to fly, is probably much stronger cause he knows what a Zenkai is and has more training anyway. Kami would still cut off his tail and restore the moon.
That doesn't make sense. Gohan can't hand over Goku to Master Roshi if Goku looks at the moon and kills him just like in the story.

Bulma would go on her journey alone and die to boss carrot or get robbed by Oolong. Pilaf would get his wish. And Goku would go on rampages as a Great Ape IMO. Eventually being targeted by the people of the world and beaten to near death on many occasions. Kind of sad for me to think about.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:49 pm

What if Mr. Popo, Kami, and Piccolo had refused to allow Vegeta to have entered the Hyperbolic Time Chamber in the Imperfect Cell Saga, the rest of Dragon Ball Z, and throughout all of Dragon Ball Super? Which would have caused Future Trunks to have went in with Son Goku, Son Gohan, or Piccolo in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber the first and second time Future Trunks would have used the Room of Spirit and Time.

Or what if Vegeta just didn't believe Son Goku's mention about the Room of Spirit and Time and so Vegeta would have never entered in the very first place? Which would have caused Future Trunks to have been much better trained by Son Goku, Son Gohan, or Piccolo in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber later down the line because of Vegeta's very own sheer stupidity.

Or how about what if Vegeta was so full of himself, he would have preferred to have trained like how he did in intense Gravity than to ever try anything suggested by his very own rival? Which would have caused Future Trunks to have a better relationship with Son Goku, Son Gohan, or Piccolo in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber than with his very own father.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:49 am

Peach wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:17 am
Kakkaroto735 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:12 am

That doesn't make sense. Gohan can't hand over Goku to Master Roshi if Goku looks at the moon and kills him just like in the story.

Bulma would go on her journey alone and die to boss carrot or get robbed by Oolong. Pilaf would get his wish. And Goku would go on rampages as a Great Ape IMO. Eventually being targeted by the people of the world and beaten to near death on many occasions. Kind of sad for me to think about.
I mean do you really think Gohan, the old man, could handle a Saiyan child? Goku went Great Ape and killed Gohan years after he hit his head. Gohan also knew to warn Goku about the moon because he survived an ape rampage. It makes sense that an old man like Grampa Gohan wouldn't exactly find it easy to deal with such a wild child, and would seek some outside help or something. Even if Gohan dies to him, Goku would still be influenced by Gohan to a degree. Not like he was in the main story, but such long amounts of time being with Gohan, it makes sense that Bulma would still bring Goku along, and Yamcha and Puar would still cut his tail off. The only major differences is that Kakarot would be stronger than Goku and his different attitude would affect the story, but the basic story would still be similar.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:08 am

What if Darbura became good during the Buu saga? How would he impact future events? Please no heroes or xenoverse lore.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:33 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:08 am What if Darbura became good during the Buu saga? How would he impact future events? Please no heroes or xenoverse lore.
I will choose to let him join the gang after the Buu arc because by the time he was in heaven in those filler episodes, his power level was already in the rearview mirror, so his input wouldn't have made a difference. In heaven he seemed close with Chichi, Videl and Bulma, so on Earth he probably lives on Mt. Paozu, close to his gal pals. He'd be a great training partner for Goten and Trunks, perhaps help Gohan stay in shape later on DBS. He might also endulge in sparring with Piccolo, making him stronger as well.

In BoG he gets tossed aside like the rest.
In RoF his SS2 level would help take out Freeza's army faster. Still his power wouldn't be enough for Freeza, he might force him into his second form.
U6 has him as part of the team. Monaka, Goku, Vegeta, Dabura, Piccolo. He jumps in instead of Piccolo vs Frost, and finishes the fight in a heartbeat like Vegeta did, defeats Cabba easily, and gets schooled by Hit. Vegeta learns from Dabura's fight how to counter the time skip, and with his SSB takes Hit out.

FT arc has him absent just like the rest of the cast. There should be tension between Future Trunks and Dabura, based on Future Dabura being evil and the reason why Future Shin died. Maybe he tries to fight Dabura too after trying to deck Goku.

For the ToP, we have Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Gohan, 17, 18, Dabura, Piccolo, Krilin, Tenshinhan. He has to refrain from using his spit, but still should be very useful, at least as a back up for situations where U7 members are overwhelmed. He might help 18 not get eliminated, definitely help Gohan and Freeza vs Dyspo. Probably Jiren had to face more fighters after losing to UI. Goku, Freeza, 17, Dabura or Gohan vs Jiren.

In the Moro arc, he should be strong enough -if he kept training with Piccolo, Gohan or the kids- to contribute against 7-3, perhaps helping get the kill. Without 7-3, this arc should be over by now.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:13 pm

What if Future Zamasu betrayed Black/turned good?

I feel Black was starting to care too much about getting stronger than actually fulfilling the plan, and I could easily see him letting the power go to his head and such, descending into a crazed state to gain more power regardless of the cost. I feel Zamasu woud kinda see Black was losing it and starting to care more about his own strength and bloodlust than actually fighting for justice or doing things according to his plan.

If this happened, what would they do against Black and what would they do with Future Zamasu afterwards(the timeline is fucking dead at this point and he has nowhere to go).
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:22 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:13 pm What if Future Zamasu betrayed Black/turned good?

I feel Black was starting to care too much about getting stronger than actually fulfilling the plan, and I could easily see him letting the power go to his head and such, descending into a crazed state to gain more power regardless of the cost. I feel Zamasu woud kinda see Black was losing it and starting to care more about his own strength and bloodlust than actually fighting for justice or doing things according to his plan.

If this happened, what would they do against Black and what would they do with Future Zamasu afterwards(the timeline is fucking dead at this point and he has nowhere to go).
Depends on when this happens. If it happens just before the final time the saiyan return to the future, it's GG. Black has grown too strong for an immortal Zamasu to be an issue. Without his ally he furiously wants more power to make up for it. What we saw of his Enraged SSRose would be magnified and he either pulls out a Kaio Ken, or power stresses the form (in the same logical direction Merged Zamasu went).

Goku resorting to Kaio Ken and Vegeta to his Quake of Fury Blue would probably not be enough. Trunks may be led to a Spirit Bomb absorbtion to finish him off (as it would logically out him above KK×10 Blue Goku at the time) or Vegito appears. In the former Instance, Trunks high dif kills Black. In the latter, Vegito annihilated Black.

But Zeno won't be needed this time around, Zamasu gets judged fairly and peace is restored.
P O W E R

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:27 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:22 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:13 pm What if Future Zamasu betrayed Black/turned good?

Depends on when this happens. If it happens just before the final time the saiyan return to the future, it's GG. Black has grown too strong for an immortal Zamasu to be an issue. Without his ally he furiously wants more power to make up for it. What we saw of his Enraged SSRose would be magnified and he either pulls out a Kaio Ken, or power stresses the form (in the same logical direction Merged Zamasu went).

Goku resorting to Kaio Ken and Vegeta to his Quake of Fury Blue would probably not be enough. Trunks may be led to a Spirit Bomb absorbtion to finish him off (as it would logically out him above KK×10 Blue Goku at the time) or Vegito appears. In the former Instance, Trunks high dif kills Black. In the latter, Vegito annihilated Black.

But Zeno won't be needed this time around, Zamasu gets judged fairly and peace is restored.
What does judged fairly mean? What the hell do they plan on doing with him? If they take him the the present I imagine Beerus and Whis would go like WTF and try to get rid of him by sealing him. How would anyone judge him fairly, because I imagine they might try to seal him unless Goku makes a good vouch for him.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:31 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:27 pm

What does judged fairly mean? What the hell do they plan on doing with him? If they take him the the present I imagine Beerus and Whis would go like WTF and try to get rid of him by sealing him. How would anyone judge him fairly, because I imagine they might try to seal him unless Goku makes a good vouch for him.
He could be the key to defeating Black. Atoning for his sins by assisting in the killing of Black would lessen his burden.

With no way of fighting back there is no need for instant erasure. Despite his evil deeds, he was never truly evil as shown in the anime. He was simply confused.

Ofc it's possible he would die. But not without some acknowledgement over his actions.
P O W E R

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:36 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:31 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:27 pm

He could be the key to defeating Black. Atoning for his sins by assisting in the killing of Black would lessen his burden.

With no way of fighting back there is no need for instant erasure. Despite his evil deeds, he was never truly evil as shown in the anime. He was simply confused.

Ofc it's possible he would die. But not without some acknowledgement over his actions.
I could see Goku LEGIT making a heavy vouch for him and Beerus and Whis reluctantly making it slide after a few threats, but I imagine Zamasu wouldn't want to stay in universe 7 realistically. Its either they seal him(which Goku probably would plead for them not to) or giving Zamasu a chance and sending him back to U10 to replace the Zamasu that used to be there with Gowasu(This is the closest Gowasu is going to get at a second chance).

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:08 am

Actually I think Black could easily get around that by switching his potara and forcing a fusion with Zamasu. If he can't do that, he could still win, it just depends when this all happens. If it happens in ep. 64, when Black already has the scythe and clones, the Black would possibly still emerge victorious, since he had both Goku and Vegeta overwhelmed by his clones and was in the process of growing even stronger.

It wouldn't be far-fetched if Future Zamasu were forgiven honestly... sure, he attempted to commit multiversal genocide, but Vegeta really wasn't much better. He destroyed countless innocent worlds for the sake of it, tried to kill everyone on Earth, and he was forgiven in the end. Future Zamasu could possibly play the card that he was manipulated all along by Black. The manga also highlighted this in a chapter, Zamasu turned on Black because he was losing despite Black promising him that they would win. Between the two, Black was the mastermind and Zamasu was like the pawn, and that could play into Zamasu's favour if he asked for forgiveness.

But yeah, I really don't think things would change that much. Black can simply force fusion by switching his potara, and then Fused Zamasu is created.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:17 am

1) What if Master Roshi, Grandpa Son Gohan, and the Ox-King had been recruited by Mr. Popo and Kami right when Master Roshi had finished training Grandpa Son Gohan and the Ox-King himself?

2) What if Bardock and Lady Gine had conceived a pair of twins? That is in the form of Kakarot having a younger twin sister who would go by the name of Lady Karola and the aforementioned twin siblings would have been sent to Planet Earth just like how Kakarot had in canon?

3) What if Kais and Supreme Kais couldn't breathe in the vacuum of Outer Space?

4) What if instead of Future Son Goku, Lady Future Son Chi-Chi had been the one to have gotten the Heart Virus?

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:53 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:08 am

Actually I think Black could easily get around that by switching his potara and forcing a fusion with Zamasu. If he can't do that, he could still win, it just depends when this all happens. If it happens in ep. 64, when Black already has the scythe and clones, the Black would possibly still emerge victorious, since he had both Goku and Vegeta overwhelmed by his clones and was in the process of growing even stronger.

It wouldn't be far-fetched if Future Zamasu were forgiven honestly... sure, he attempted to commit multiversal genocide, but Vegeta really wasn't much better. He destroyed countless innocent worlds for the sake of it, tried to kill everyone on Earth, and he was forgiven in the end. Future Zamasu could possibly play the card that he was manipulated all along by Black. The manga also highlighted this in a chapter, Zamasu turned on Black because he was losing despite Black promising him that they would win. Between the two, Black was the mastermind and Zamasu was like the pawn, and that could play into Zamasu's favour if he asked for forgiveness.

But yeah, I really don't think things would change that much. Black can simply force fusion by switching his potara, and then Fused Zamasu is created.
I'd like to think Zamasu just breaks his potara so fusion isn't happening.

But still, I imagine that even if Zamasu is forgiven, living in Universe 7 in the present is not happening. I mean, I don't think he'd be comfortable enough to live there and Universe 10 in the future is dead. What would they do with him? Do you think they'd allow Gowasu to take him in, cause you know how the last Zamasu turned out.....

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:18 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:53 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:08 am

I'd like to think Zamasu just breaks his potara so fusion isn't happening.

But still, I imagine that even if Zamasu is forgiven, living in Universe 7 in the present is not happening. I mean, I don't think he'd be comfortable enough to live there and Universe 10 in the future is dead. What would they do with him? Do you think they'd allow Gowasu to take him in, cause you know how the last Zamasu turned out.....
Gowasu might take him in, if only because he knows that Future Zamasu was not his actual student. The Zamasu who went rogue, devised a plan to destroy all mortals, and killed Gowasu was Goku Black, not Future Zamasu. This distinction is also made in the show, with Goku pointing out that Future Zamasu was not our Gowasu's student. Maybe Gowasu would feel somewhat safer with Future Zamasu, knowing that he's a less twisted version of his old student.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:02 pm

What if the human Z fighters while training for the androids broke past their limits and now have potential above that of the base saiyans, they still can't transform but should be strong enough to be decently relevant, they also master their understanding of Ki and can do stuff like what Tien did in Dragon Ball where they can see a technique once and then be able to do it as long as their bodys are physically capable of doing it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:40 pm

What if Dabura's spit had hit Buu? If the latter realized what was happening quickly enough he could detach the affected part of his body before it spread too far, but what if he didn't? Would he turn to stone and be effectively defeated?

Also, what if Dubura's spit had hid Vegito? Would he have kept fighting as a statue like he did as a candy ball?

Same questions for Boss Rabbit's power against those two.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:38 pm

1) What if Golden Great Ape and Super Saiyan 4 were introduced in the Battle of Gods Saga of Dragon Ball Super and what if Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue were introduced in the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga of Dragon Ball GT?

2) What if Great Ape Son Goku from the Emperor Pilaf Saga of Dragon Ball had killed all three members of the Pilaf Gang?

3) Or what if Piccolo Daimaō (Youth Restored) had killed the Pilaf Gang in the King Piccolo Saga of Dragon Ball?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:25 am

What if Son Goku and all of the other protagonists of Dragon Ball had been born eleven times stronger than they had been in canon?