The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Peach » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:15 am

Yuji wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:42 pm What if God never cut Goku's tail? How would the 23rd TB and Saiyan arcs differ if he had access to Oozaru? I assume nothing would change about the 23rd TB besides Goku being marginally stronger but in the Saiyan arc, this would dissuade Vegeta from turning Oozaru himself.
I assume he would get into a fight with Vegeta as a monke. If he keeps his tail or grows it back, he might be able to become a Golden Oozaru/Super Saiyan 4 in a couple spots in the series.

1) On Yard Rat
2) Trying to reach a level beyond Super Saiyan in the Hyberbolic Time Chamber with Gohan
3) In Other World during the 7 years between the Cell saga and Buu saga
4) When Babidi teleports them to Pui Pui's planet
5) Getting the idea to do it after he sees Broly harness the power of the Oozaru in human form

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:41 am

What if Whis learned of Granolah and the Heeters before the ToP? What do you think Beerus would offer them if they decided to help? And do you think Gas and Granolah would be better replacements to people like Krillin and tien? How would things change after this encounter in future arcs?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:55 am

Berserker1921 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:41 am What if Whis learned of Granolah and the Heeters before the ToP? What do you think Beerus would offer them if they decided to help? And do you think Gas and Granolah would be better replacements to people like Krillin and tien? How would things change after this encounter in future arcs?
I'm sure the Heeters would participate if offered wealth or intel on something they want, which shouldn't be too hard to provide with Whis' staff and the oracle fish on hand. Granolah would take more convincing with Saiyans on the team. Maybe Granolah agrees if promised the missing dragon ball on his planet.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:57 pm

What if Vegeta acquired immortality on Namek before the dragon disappeared? How would the fight with Freeza and the following arcs play out?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:30 pm

Yuji wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:57 pm What if Vegeta acquired immortality on Namek before the dragon disappeared? How would the fight with Freeza and the following arcs play out?
He would be a lot more cocky, bad, and wreckless imo.

His fight with 18 could cause a lot of destruction, since it would be two people with infinite stamina fighting.

He wouldn't sacrifice himself against Buu and may just end up absorbed as a cookie inside him.

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:53 am

If Goku had UI at birth
https://youtu.be/xYB0lGtIYQ0

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:49 am

What if Trunks didn't intervene, and 18 killed Vegeta on their first encounter(the androids are not evil, they just had in mind saiyan arc Vegeta, a space conqueror), and they let the rest of the gang go, and nobody brought Geets back?

what would've happened? would Yamcha adopt Trunks as his step-son? how would the Cell and Buu arc develop without Vegeta?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:27 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:49 am What if Trunks didn't intervene, and 18 killed Vegeta on their first encounter(the androids are not evil, they just had in mind saiyan arc Vegeta, a space conqueror), and they let the rest of the gang go, and nobody brought Geets back?

what would've happened? would Yamcha adopt Trunks as his step-son? how would the Cell and Buu arc develop without Vegeta?
Yeah I'd love to see a vegetaless Cell/Buu saga.
I'd like to see Bulma and Yamcha stay together.
And step son trunks and human Bra would be cool.

Trunks in a turtle gi would be cool and differentiate him from future trunks. Yamcha would stay slightly more relevant.

Out of universe Piccolo would be the rival, or maybe Piccolo and Gohan to Goku, but alas. People want hair colour changes and a 50 year old man who has to social skills of a racist autistic teenager.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:25 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:49 am What if Trunks didn't intervene, and 18 killed Vegeta on their first encounter(the androids are not evil, they just had in mind saiyan arc Vegeta, a space conqueror), and they let the rest of the gang go, and nobody brought Geets back?

It May be possible that Goku chooses Trunks to enter the Rosat with him, Gohan gets freaked out that Piccolo is getting hurt by imperfect cell and doesn't have Goku to stop him. Gohan transforms into a SS here and fights against Semi Perfect Cell getting the upper hand but having a crisis over killing him leading him to be able to become perfect cell. Importantly Gohan gets some prior interaction with Android 16 here.

Goku and Trunks leave the chamber and Goku teleports over with Trunks. Trunks general anger at androids along with wanting revenge on androids leads him to take the charge against cell, he tells Goku to get Gohan and co away from there. I'd have Goku weaker than he would've been had he trained with Gohan, but Trunks is stronger. Still gets beaten by Cell.

Goku seeing how far Gohan has come suggest ROSAT, I'd keep the only allowed to enter twice rule and since Goku has been in there as a kid we get him proposing Trunks and Gohan to train together and tells them as half saiyans they have no limits. Now we also get Gohan and Trunks bonding as they always should've had.

Cell games play out v similarly, Android 16 death pushes Gohan into SS2, Trunks Death pushes Gohan into enough rage to finally finish Cell. Goku still died.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:51 pm

Yuji wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:57 pm What if Vegeta acquired immortality on Namek before the dragon disappeared? How would the fight with Freeza and the following arcs play out?
Freeza would blow up the Planet and Vegeta would be stuck in space for ages being in a loop. King Cold picks up Freeza and the two end up going back to business. Babidi and Dabra would have no luck on finding a way to restore Buu. Meanwhile, Moro would escape decades later and would destroy Freeza's empire.

On Earth, either Freeza's empire takes over it or they don't bother with it. If they leave it alone, #17 & #18 would go on a rampage until Cell absorbs them. Cell won't have the DNA of Freeza and King Cold, so he won't able to survive in space. He would just live on Earth or find a spaceship to travel across the galaxy.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:38 pm

What if Cell could shapeshift? Imagine that when he meets Piccolo, not only can he mimic ki signatures, he can also morph his form into both any of the fighters who shares DNA with him and any civilians he might've absorbed.

This would definitely play up that horror villain angle up much more imo

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:02 am

Lol, Bulma is not getting back with Yamcha. The two of them didn't work out.

As for the actual story, I've always believed that Vegeta shooting that blast at Cell was exactly the distraction Gohan needed to power up and finish Cell off. We're looking at a much different kind of Buu saga if Cell killed the main cast. Possibly one where Cell and Dabura have an epic battle that is the catalyst for releasing Majin Buu- who would go around destroying the universe unopposed until Beerus or Broly are encountered.

If they beat Cell? Maybe Goku could convince King Yenma to release Vegeta from Hell and let him participate in the Other World Tournament. I imagine Vegeta would go on to train under one of the Kai's (West Kai seems more his style than King Kai) after Goku wins the tournament.

Vegeta could have Super Saiyan 3 and some new attacks like the Thunder Fist, Burning Shoot, and Hyper Tornado the next time he fights Goku.

I don't think Majin Buu would be released. If he was, it would be because Vegeta got a Day Pass too and fucked up. As for what would happen if Buu was released? Probably the same stuff we saw in the show. This time with Kibito Kai offering his life to Vegeta when Elder Kai offered his Goku.

GigaDrill wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:38 pm What if Cell could shapeshift? Imagine that when he meets Piccolo, not only can he mimic ki signatures, he can also morph his form into both any of the fighters who shares DNA with him and any civilians he might've absorbed.

I suppose Piccolo would die for a little bit then, wouldn't he? I'm not sure what else would change. After Cell is semi-perfect and perfect, he doesn't really have a reason to hide.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:45 pm

Peach wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:02 am

As for the actual story, I've always believed that Vegeta shooting that blast at Cell was exactly the distraction Gohan needed to power up and finish Cell off. We're looking at a much different kind of Buu saga if Cell killed the main cast. Possibly one where Cell and Dabura have an epic battle that is the catalyst for releasing Majin Buu- who would go around destroying the universe unopposed until Beerus or Broly are encountered.

If they beat Cell? Maybe Goku could convince King Yenma to release Vegeta from Hell and let him participate in the Other World Tournament. I imagine Vegeta would go on to train under one of the Kai's (West Kai seems more his style than King Kai) after Goku wins the tournament.

Vegeta could have Super Saiyan 3 and some new attacks like the Thunder Fist, Burning Shoot, and Hyper Tornado the next time he fights Goku.

I don't think Majin Buu would be released. If he was, it would be because Vegeta got a Day Pass too and fucked up. As for what would happen if Buu was released? Probably the same stuff we saw in the show. This time with Kibito Kai offering his life to Vegeta when Elder Kai offered his Goku.

GigaDrill wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:38 pm What if Cell could shapeshift? Imagine that when he meets Piccolo, not only can he mimic ki signatures, he can also morph his form into both any of the fighters who shares DNA with him and any civilians he might've absorbed.

I suppose Piccolo would die for a little bit then, wouldn't he? I'm not sure what else would change. After Cell is semi-perfect and perfect, he doesn't really have a reason to hide.
Yemna is not letting an unrepentant mass murderer out of hell and giving him a body just to amuse goku to participate in some filler nonsense.

Vegeta is recycled by the time Buu rolls around, his capacity to apologise to Gohan shows he's not as evil enough as freeza to stubbornly sit there forever.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:15 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:45 pm

Yemna is not letting an unrepentant mass murderer out of hell and giving him a body just to amuse goku to participate in some filler nonsense.

Vegeta is recycled by the time Buu rolls around, his capacity to apologise to Gohan shows he's not as evil enough as freeza to stubbornly sit there forever.
Eh. King Yenma let Frieza out of Hell because Goku asked him. And let Vegeta back on Earth because Baba asked him.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:54 pm

Peach wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:15 pm
TobyS wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:45 pm

Eh. King Yenma let Frieza out of Hell because Goku asked him. And let Vegeta back on Earth because Baba asked him.
Because the entire universe was on the line in both those cases and Freeza was still there because he never repented and vegeta only died a little while ago mid crises. Not dead for 7 years of peace.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:39 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:14 am What if Goku turned Super Saiyan after Taumborine killed Krillin?
Goku would have killed Taumborine and Piccolo Daimo. The Dragon Balls would be gone and Goku would still join the 23rd Tenkachi Budokai because he still wants to finish things with Tenshinhan. Goku wins the 23rd Tenkachi Budokai and gets married to Chi Chi. A few years later, Raditz shows up and Goku easily defeats him. Nappa and Vegeta may go to Earth to see if Raditz is telling the truth of Goku being the legendary Super Saiyan. If they do go to Earth, Goku would still be strong enough to defeat them. Goku may be lucky enough to spare Vegeta's life and hope that he can become stronger than him. Without Piccolo, they would have no idea about Namek, and they won't know about Dragon Balls on Earth. Unless Freeza hears something on the scouter, he won't bother with Earth.

Goku would later die from the heart virus and everyone dies from #17 & #18. Cell would exist, but without the DNA of Freeza and King Cold. He would be weaker and won't able to surive in space if he does reach his perfect form.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:42 am

What if Granolah made his wish during the saiyan saga?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:46 pm

Peach wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:42 am What if Granolah made his wish during the saiyan saga?
He would be as strong as the strongest warrior at that time. So in this case, he would be stronger than either Buu, Broly, or Imprisoned Moro. I don’t think Moro was that strong then. It took him at least another 20 years to get enough power to escape. Same with Broly. Buu was asleep, but still pretty strong.

Granolah would be stronger than them all. And would just hunt down Frieza and destroy him. Then kill Cold. And maybe retire. Unless he learns the truth about the Heeters. Granolah prevents the frieza saga. And dies some years later.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:28 pm

What if Goku was somehow revived with the Namekian Dragon Balls before the Boo arc? How would it change with Goku being alive throughout the entire arc?
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:48 pm

What if Kame Sennin(and Goku himself) knew about Goku's Saiyan heritage and his zenkai ability?

Taking advantage of that, how strong could've Goku gotten by the time Raditz arrived? Strong enough to not die against him? Strong enough to beat Geets and Nappa?