The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri May 08, 2020 5:05 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:12 am What if Monaka was actually strong? And everything Beerus lies about? Let’s say for arguments sake. He was ToP ssjbkkx20 level or Ssj2 Kefla level in his first appearance back in U6 Tournament. How would change events?
Lol if that happened then Zamasu would probably change his body with Monaka instead of Goku (he'd have seen on Godtube how Monaka bodied Hit) and you'd unironically end up with Monaka Black.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri May 08, 2020 11:57 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:12 am What if Monaka was actually strong? And everything Beerus lies about? Let’s say for arguments sake. He was ToP ssjbkkx20 level or Ssj2 Kefla level in his first appearance back in U6 Tournament. How would change events?
Hit would be annihilated.

You gotta wonder what would happen in the Copy Vegeta saga. If Monaka got copied, Goku, Vegeta, and the kids would all die.

If they made it through that, I suppose Zamasu would steal his body, he would take up Frieza's slot in the tournament, and Broly and Paragus may never be discovered.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat May 09, 2020 12:28 am

What if Piccolo fused with Nail?

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sat May 09, 2020 1:54 am

What if Cold was revived with Freeza?

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sat May 09, 2020 1:58 am

Peach wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:28 am What if Piccolo fused with Nail?
They would have a fusion name

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat May 09, 2020 8:12 pm

What if Frieza didn't call the Ginyu Force?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu May 14, 2020 7:31 am

Peach wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:12 pm What if Frieza didn't call the Ginyu Force?
So Vegeta was about to throwdown with Gohan and Kurririn.

Nail would step in and kill Vegeta as no one senses the Ginyu force and teams up.

Did Freeza have any of the DBs in his possession anymore? Hadn't vegeta chucked them all out?

Weren't they seconds away from having all the DBs?

Freeza would know something was up with the darkness but not know for sure about what it meant.

Did he get to gurus only because of the Ginyu delivered scouters? He'd probably order scouters delivered even if he didn't feel he needed the ginyus.

The humans wish back Piccolo and Chaozu with two wishes and either go home to earth bringing the namekians or hitch a ride with Goku. Eventually Freeza realises he's not getting his wish and can't find any living beings and blows up the planet, he'd not want to stay there forever and if the DBs did turn up he wouldn't want them used against him.

Or he leaves a garrison there.

Freeza I think knows earthlings were involved so probably heads to earth.

Goku has not had that zenkai but he and the rest of the dragon team have more time to train.

Freeza is not mecha and doesn't bring his dad.

A bit of variance as to whether Guru is as stressed and when he dies, wether he has time to pass on the DBs and wether they extend his life the same way...

Nail probably hasn't fused with piccolo and might not till Freeza comes and only if they are still on earth.

Not sure if Namek or earth were better conditions for a spirit bomb or not.

Perhaps Goku and Piccolo can manage something raditz style. Goku or Piccolo could speedblitz first form Freeza but would they? Do they even know he transforms?

Does he bring the Ginyus?

A lotta variables...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Thu May 14, 2020 6:34 pm

What if the Saiyans due to their lives fighting together as the last of their race, Vegeta,Nappa and Radditz were all incredibly close.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:29 pm

What if Darbura became good and stayed with Z-team?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri May 15, 2020 5:00 am

Berserker1921 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:29 pm What if Darbura became good and stayed with Z-team?
That would be a cool story. I always thought Dabura had the potential to join the Z fighters in an enemy of my enemy situation when Babidi left him to die against Buu.

I can't imagine Dabura would contribute much to the plot overall. Maybe he would help Gohan or Gottenks fight Super Buu and get absorbed. Or he'd get himself injured and when the Earth exploded like Tien.

I imagine by the time the Tournament of Power rolled around, he would be living in seclusion somewhere like Piccolo much stronger than before. If he got recruited, he would definitely be a useful fighter. But without Frieza in the tournament, Goku may not be healed after his spirit bomb.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri May 15, 2020 9:12 am

Vegetes wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:34 pm What if the Saiyans due to their lives fighting together as the last of their race, Vegeta,Nappa and Radditz were all incredibly close.
They would have considered reviving raditz rather than immortality... Probably Immortality for them first then Raditz as they'd fear Freeza...

Nappa wouldn't be killed but Geets wouldn't leave, he'd summon the pod for Nappa and fight on.

I'm not sure how actually near death just having a fucked up back counts for so he might not get a zenkai but on Namek he'd be useful especially in oozaru form.

I guess they might beat zarbon first time with nappas help in base or if Geets does a moon for him.

The Ginyus would be powerful enough to know to remove tails...

If geta isn't captured he doesn't throw the balls out which changes everything...

The body switch shenanigans happen differently potentially worse for the cast.

The spirit bomb and Piccolos kicks are potentially more powerful slightly. If Nappa makes it to the end he can take Piccolo to the ship assuming geets is dead and he's subordinate to super Saiyan Goku rather than being a dick. Gohan can grab Bulma and they actually use the ship to get home... Either that or Nappa is the shot one.

Either way if the dragon team win Vegeta insists on resurrecting them both which may not go down well with the others.

They probably don't become good enough to get the s cells to get Goku and Vegeta level strong by the androids... But they probably are on the humans level.

This miiiight change the fight with 17 and 18. Depending on how strong they are.

How the future timeline fights go are maaaybe different...

I wonder if cell can make more juniors just as strong.... Perhaps piccolo and trunks and Vegeta can now beat theirs...

If they have kids at any point in the future or present timeline is interesting. Their kids would surpass them being half saiyans and less evil by being raised on earth...

Are they still evil enough to get possessed by Babidi.... Do they get blasted or stoned?

How they effect the buu fights or super depends on which if any super Saiyan levels they get... And their possible kids.

There's lots more fusion fodder there.

Fodder more easily dispatched in RoF. If they and their kids are fuseable and SSJ that could be an easier win...

I'm assuming they don't make the U6 team I don't like the idea of them surpassing piccolo.

They probably replace at least Roshi in the ToP of not Ten/Kurririn. Especially as Kurririn was reluctant...

In the Moro arc they can probably help Ten and Yamcha or Kurririn win without Gokus help.

They cause a little bit of trouble at the end of xv1.
Probably cause a a bit more trouble in XV2.

They help destroy rubble in Super Heroes.
They probably stick with the weaker people in big bang mission and have no GT counterparts to get recruited into the Time Patrol.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri May 15, 2020 9:24 am

Berserker1921 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:29 pm What if Darbura became good and stayed with Z-team?
If he survived Towa wouldn't kick off or her could stop her before she makes Mira, unless she sees him as a traitor and does what he does.

He'd have to survive the buu fight rather than get eaten, or accidentally be resurected by Yamcha before Goku rewords the wish... Otherwise no one is assuming he'd reform and bring him back.

He'd speeditz Babidi before he could get possessed again unless Babidi has already moved off with Buu. We don't know if He'd just peace out back to the demon realm asap or even if he can...

Would he sense the people on the lookout and head there for answers?

He can't fuse with anyone probably (maybe Piccolo? That'd be rad af)... If he gets absorbed he makes things much worse with stone spit and weapon summoning abilities...

He can probably help stall kid buu like Vegeta did.

In Super he probably makes the team over Piccolo which is a shame. Unless monaka isn't introduced as Beerus would be turning down good fighters...

He makes the Top team over Roshi which means he doesn't give his last lession to Goku dooming them... Although it'd be hilarious if he managed to stone spit Jiren!

It depends on how strong he is and how much work the majin powerup was doing. Perhaps he doesn't replace Piccolo.

We don't know what his training potential is. He's massively powered up in XV2 but that's using special energy we don't know if he could get there on his own but slower...

He probably gets cloned by 21 and helps in that final battle making it easier.

He makes things a bit harder at the last few fights of xv1.

He destroys rubble in Super Heroes. He probably joins Gohan and Piccolo in bang mission.

He's not on The evil dB heroes teams making those fights easier unless there a different timeline version anyway. But he's not on the time
Patrol because he's not around on the gt timeline. Unless he's good there too in this what if.

He helps the humans win their fights during the moror arc.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Fri May 15, 2020 6:53 pm

What if killing was allowed in Tournament of Power, with the guarantee that your team would be revived for free at the end of tournament if you won.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:38 am

Vegetes wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:53 pm What if killing was allowed in Tournament of Power, with the guarantee that your team would be revived for free at the end of tournament if you won.
Then Jiren would kill everyone within the first 2 episodes of the arc lol.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 16, 2020 6:58 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:38 am
Vegetes wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:53 pm What if killing was allowed in Tournament of Power, with the guarantee that your team would be revived for free at the end of tournament if you won.
Would he though? He didn't want to be responsible for even pushing anyone off. He only knocked people about until he was pushed. He didn't want to
Participate at all until the super DBs were offered.

Roshi wouldn't get to demonstrate psudeo UI.
Frost kills the humans really harshly.

A lot more demoralisation and panic from the less experienced universes.

An interesting variation would be if it was death only and no ring out.

Those invisble guys would be more useless Piccolo would last longer.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat May 16, 2020 9:55 am

TobyS wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:58 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:38 am
Would he though? He didn't want to be responsible for even pushing anyone off. He only knocked people about until he was pushed. He didn't want to
Participate at all until the super DBs were offered.

Roshi wouldn't get to demonstrate psudeo UI.
Frost kills the humans really harshly.

A lot more demoralisation and panic from the less experienced universes.

An interesting variation would be if it was death only and no ring out.

Those invisble guys would be more useless Piccolo would last longer.
Are you referring to manga Jiren? Because in the anime Jiren is much colder and doesn't have those heroic qualities.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun May 17, 2020 3:16 pm

Yeah manga it's the canon to me, Toriyama has more back and forth with Toyo post making the outline than he does with Toei.

Also even in the manga he only really knocks out Hit and Maji after he tried to cut ears off.

Manga Jiren is cold too, he leaves Toppo and Dyspo to fall out. I don't think he wants to kill in either medium.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Mon May 18, 2020 2:34 am

What If Potora fusion was permanent and Gohan caught the earing. Creating Gokhan

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon May 18, 2020 10:48 am

Vegetes wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:34 am What If Potora fusion was permanent and Gohan caught the earing. Creating Gokhan
I think they'd try and break it off for Chichis sake perhaps using the DB's.

Buu would be toast for sure, wonder if he'd have the fake absorbtion idea.

Either way Gohan could beat kid buu easy.

Vegeta wouldn't be brought back as he hasn't redeemed himself fighting kid buu and the spirit bomb wouldn't happen, he'd just have the body taken away again, especially because he can never fight Goku again anyway.

Tarble is a ltitle stad about his brok, but the abo and cado are defeated

If they stayed fused Gokhan would give Buu a good fight without GoD. At least as good as god.
There wouldn't be enough people to do god left unless they fetch Tarble but like I said the fight is good enough.
A bit varies on wether Mr Buu is around, if they free him but kill kid buu before he spits him out...
Perhaps the DB's bring Mr Buu back as he's not a "REALLY evil one"...

I'm not sure if Gokhan would have a kid with Videl, someone else, or no one...

Gokhan can beat Golden freeza with ultimate, especially if he keeps training. Gohan Kefla put him in at least this tier and now he's a fusion who trains..

Fusion wasn't allowed in the U6 Arc so they may not agree to a fighting tourney at all or possible defuse them?
Perhaps they agree to a handicap of less people, they Lack Vegeta already, Beerus might not have told the lie about Monaka or not try that on...

Gokhan goes out to Frost, Piccolo wins by Jaco pointing out the cheating, Piccolo may or may not beat the metal man, if he does he beats base Cabba and doesn't make himself a stronger foe deliberatly... Or perhaps he does as he's a nice teacher type guy. I think he wins either way.

He's deffo out by Hit. Gokhan comes back in and wins.

21 is actually harder with 2 less fighters as everyones at the same power anyway but they pull through as the limiters wearing off in the final fight anyway no?

Zamasu may not be so triggered, although he's seeing strong mortals they aren't using God ki?

Not sure if FT arc happens or not on this basis.

If it does and he steals Gokhans body they are possibly in trouble there...

Was fusion expressly forbidden in the ToP because it was done during, even with outside items in Keflas case.

They might hit a wall at Jiren but if Gokhan gets MUI it's even easier than canon.

They bring Yamcha instead of Vegeta as he's gone now. Gokhan may or may not think of Freeza if Buu is asleep, if not they bring Chaozu.

Gokhan beats broly like Gogeta did. Probably befriend him too. They may kill him faster and Brolys friends might not have used the DB's in time.... Perhaps they wish to bring him back?

If this happens in the GT esque timeline then TP Gokhan is a powerhouse especially with SS4.
Universe mission Gokhan has an easier time with the evil saiyan perhaps but things end largely the same, his fight with SS4 Gokhan depends on if he exists.
They beat hearts just as easy as Gogeta probably.
Big Bang Mission Gokhan puts up a better fight vs Beerus but then after that we don't know what will happen yet.

I'm not sure how they fair against Moro their either speed blitz him or struggle also.

If Gokhan goes to train with Meerus then in theory then at least Piccolo dies against 7-3 the first time before they get recalled as no Gohan to save him :(

When they attack again it depends on if they have used the dragonballs or not...

Their only chance is if Gokhan takes less time to master UI which is very plausible and gets back sooner...

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Mon May 18, 2020 2:42 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:48 am
Vegetes wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:34 am What If Potora fusion was permanent and Gohan caught the earing. Creating Gokhan
I think they'd try and break it off for Chichis sake perhaps using the DB's.

Buu would be toast for sure, wonder if he'd have the fake absorbtion idea.

Either way Gohan could beat kid buu easy.

Vegeta wouldn't be brought back as he hasn't redeemed himself fighting kid buu and the spirit bomb wouldn't happen, he'd just have the body taken away again, especially because he can never fight Goku again anyway.

Tarble is a ltitle stad about his brok, but the abo and cado are defeated

If they stayed fused Gokhan would give Buu a good fight without GoD. At least as good as god.
There wouldn't be enough people to do god left unless they fetch Tarble but like I said the fight is good enough.
A bit varies on wether Mr Buu is around, if they free him but kill kid buu before he spits him out...
Perhaps the DB's bring Mr Buu back as he's not a "REALLY evil one"...

I'm not sure if Gokhan would have a kid with Videl, someone else, or no one...

Gokhan can beat Golden freeza with ultimate, especially if he keeps training. Gohan Kefla put him in at least this tier and now he's a fusion who trains..

Fusion wasn't allowed in the U6 Arc so they may not agree to a fighting tourney at all or possible defuse them?
Perhaps they agree to a handicap of less people, they Lack Vegeta already, Beerus might not have told the lie about Monaka or not try that on...

Gokhan goes out to Frost, Piccolo wins by Jaco pointing out the cheating, Piccolo may or may not beat the metal man, if he does he beats base Cabba and doesn't make himself a stronger foe deliberatly... Or perhaps he does as he's a nice teacher type guy. I think he wins either way.

He's deffo out by Hit. Gokhan comes back in and wins.

21 is actually harder with 2 less fighters as everyones at the same power anyway but they pull through as the limiters wearing off in the final fight anyway no?

Zamasu may not be so triggered, although he's seeing strong mortals they aren't using God ki?

Not sure if FT arc happens or not on this basis.

If it does and he steals Gokhans body they are possibly in trouble there...

Was fusion expressly forbidden in the ToP because it was done during, even with outside items in Keflas case.

They might hit a wall at Jiren but if Gokhan gets MUI it's even easier than canon.

They bring Yamcha instead of Vegeta as he's gone now. Gokhan may or may not think of Freeza if Buu is asleep, if not they bring Chaozu.

Gokhan beats broly like Gogeta did. Probably befriend him too. They may kill him faster and Brolys friends might not have used the DB's in time.... Perhaps they wish to bring him back?

If this happens in the GT esque timeline then TP Gokhan is a powerhouse especially with SS4.
Universe mission Gokhan has an easier time with the evil saiyan perhaps but things end largely the same, his fight with SS4 Gokhan depends on if he exists.
They beat hearts just as easy as Gogeta probably.
Big Bang Mission Gokhan puts up a better fight vs Beerus but then after that we don't know what will happen yet.

I'm not sure how they fair against Moro their either speed blitz him or struggle also.

If Gokhan goes to train with Meerus then in theory then at least Piccolo dies against 7-3 the first time before they get recalled as no Gohan to save him :(

When they attack again it depends on if they have used the dragonballs or not...

Their only chance is if Gokhan takes less time to master UI which is very plausible and gets back sooner...
Would they really not revive Vegeta, I think sacrificing himself and helping with Kid Buu should be enough to redeem himself a bit, Goku isn't one to hold a grudge regardless of how bad the stuff Vegeta did when he was Majin was. And I'm certain they would revive Vegeta for the TOP before Frieza.