The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:55 pm

Not trying to mini-mod here, but I think that all the what-if threads that have been popping up (and they're all somewhat similar too) could be all neatly organized in one thread. I used the search function to try to find a similar thread to this, but I haven't found anything recent. So, apologies if it already has been made before.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: General What-If thread

Post by supercat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Thank you! With all the constant what-if scenarios that are popping into the heads of avid fans like myself, I could really use a thread like this to speculate with other fans.

To start it off...

What if Nail joined Frieza?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:50 pm

supercat wrote:Thank you! With all the constant what-if scenarios that are popping into the heads of avid fans like myself, I could really use a thread like this to speculate with other fans.

To start it off...

What if Nail joined Freeza?
Depends of when. If at the start of the fight, then Freeza would probably reach Veggie and co, kill them and become immortal. If at the very end, then he'd be useless because he'd be injured and Freeza wouldn't arrive in time. Nail wouldn't fuse which means they would of died before Goku arrived.

What if Goku and Gohan went into the ROSAT first?

supercat

Post by supercat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:
supercat wrote:Thank you! With all the constant what-if scenarios that are popping into the heads of avid fans like myself, I could really use a thread like this to speculate with other fans.

To start it off...

Depends of when. If at the start of the fight, then Freeza would probably reach Veggie and co, kill them and become immortal. If at the very end, then he'd be useless because he'd be injured and Freeza wouldn't arrive in time. Nail wouldn't fuse which means they would of died before Goku arrived.

Either Goku or Gohan would have promptly defeated Semi-perfect Cell. Neither one of the two would have ever permitted Cell to reach perfection. While the thought of facing a much more challenging foe would have been exhilarating for Goku, he would never have chased after such an experience at the expense of 18.

What if Ginyu joined the Z-Fighters after Goku defeats him? What would have happened to Jeice? How would Ginyu's alliance with the heroes have changed things?
Last edited by supercat on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:40 pm

Doctor. wrote:

To start it off...

What would most likely happen:
> Semi-Perfect Cell is trashed worse than he was against Vegeta, and killed, though hesitantly, by Goku (he'd want to test his powers against Perfect Cell, but Gohan would stop him).

What I'd like to happen in that scenario:
> Goku easily defeats Semi-Perfect Cell.
> Cell finds 18, uses solar flare, and absorbs her.
> Goku fights evenly with Perfect Cell until the latter stops toying around. Goku is subsequently killed in front of Gohan.
> Gohan lashes out at Cell, but is also beaten. Cell spares him, realizing that he had surpassed his father and amazed at how he became that strong to begin with in such a short time, and announces the Cell Games as a result.
> Maybe have Vegeta fight him first in the Cell Games.
> Gohan willingly faces him next, becomes reluctant halfway through the match, Goku encourages him from the Other World, and everything happens as usual with the Cell Jrs.
> Less one-sided fight between 100% Perfect Cell and SSJ2 Gohan, ending with a beam struggle, where Gohan does not need his hand held, but is still coached by Goku.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:51 am

Doctor. wrote:
Goku would have killed Cell and Gohan would try to kill #18 and #16. However Krillin tells Gohan that #16 and #18 are not bad and they both let them live. Vegeta and Trunks would have finished their training in the ROSAT and find out that Goku already kill Cell before he can fight him. Vegeta is mad that he never got the chance to fight Cell and seen his perfect form. So Vegeta fights Goku in a match and Goku ends up winning. Trunks returns back to his timeline, killing #17 & #18 and Cell in his timeline. Since there would be no Cell games then Mr. Satan would have never become popular. Goku would have seen Goten be born, both Goku and Vegeta could have train to become a SSj2. However I doubt Goku would have become SSj3 since he would be alive and his living body would unable to reach that level of power on Earth. He became a SSj3 in Other World since he was able to push his body to the limit without worrying about losing ki and stamina. However Gohan would never become a SSj2 and would be much weaker then he would normally be.

During the Buu saga, the fight inside of Babidi's spaceship would go out differently. Vegeta would have fought Pui Pui, Gohan would have fought Yakon and Goku would have fought Dabra. If Goku can go SSj2 then Dabra won't be much of a issue. Vegeta would never go Majin because Goku would be alive and would keep his mouth shut during the battle with Dabra. Once Dabra is dead then Goku or Kaioshin would have killed Babidi. Kaioshin would have taken Buu's egg somewhere safe where no one can find it and everyone returns back to the Tenkachi Budokai. The 2008 Jump Special would have play out the same expect for that Goten and Trunks would never know fusion. Beerus and Whis would have came to Earth looking for the Super Saiyan God and end up returning back home knowing that they can't find anything. Without Fat Buu, Beerus would have never been pissed off and would never try to destroy the Earth. A year later, Freeza would have been wished back and everyone would have died. No one would be strong enough to beat Freeza at the power levels there at.

So that's my take on this what if scenario.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Gohan (start of DBZ w/ tail and dragon ball hat) finds himself transported to the past somehow. He's now alone in the wild and hungry. As he nervously explores his surroundings, a dinosaur attacks, but he's saved by Kid Goku. Gohan thanks him while crying, and tells him he's lost, scared, and hungry. Goku notices his tail and 4-star dragon ball.

What happens next?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:46 am

So what if Vegito never defuse inside Buu's body? How would BOG and ROF play out? There would be only Vegito, Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Videl in Battle of Gods. How would Vegito beat Beerus and Golden Freeza if he can't have god powers?
She/Her

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:50 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:So what if Vegito never defuse inside Buu's body? How would BOG and ROF play out? There would be only Vegito, Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Videl in Battle of Gods. How would Vegito beat Beerus and Golden Freeza if he can't have god powers?
He gets his power drawn fa~ar beyond their natural limits by Rou Kaioshin, similar to Gohan, and with all of his hidden power brought to the surface, he stomps Whiss, Beers, and Golden Fridge simultaneously. 8)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:43 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Gohan (start of DBZ w/ tail and dragon ball hat) finds himself transported to the past somehow. He's now alone in the wild and hungry. As he nervously explores his surroundings, a dinosaur attacks, but he's saved by Kid Goku. Gohan thanks him while crying, and tells him he's lost, scared, and hungry. Goku notices his tail and 4-star dragon ball.

What happens next?
Assuming it takes place after the first arc, the two would become companions while Gohan realizes that Goku is his father once he tells him his name. Goku wouldn't have a reason to go hunting for the Dragon Balls again so the Red Ribbon Army would have never been defeated, making the androids much weaker and preventing a future like Trunks. Once Daimao arrived, Goku would have been killed and, out of rage, Gohan would have easily killed the namekian. Then he'd go to God, who'd revive everyone, and train to defeat Piccolo Jr., which he would do 3 years later. Then he'd become the new protagonist.

What if Kaioshin never asked for the Saiyan's help?

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:47 am

What would happen if Buu (the only character who is immune from the tuffle parasites) tried to absorb Bebi?
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:17 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:So what if Vegito never defuse inside Buu's body? How would BOG and ROF play out? There would be only Vegito, Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Videl in Battle of Gods. How would Vegito beat Beerus and Golden Freeza if he can't have god powers?
I think he would use the Earth's dragon balls to ask Shenron about the SSJG. Knowing he doesn't have enough saiyans to perform the god ritual, he might IT to Namek to use the dragon balls there to find the coordinates of Tarble. Then, he'd use King Kai's help to pinpoint the location, transport there, and bring Tarble to Earth. Finally, Vegito would become a SSJG and stomp Beerus in a one-sided match.
Kakacarrottop wrote:What would happen if Buu (the only character who is immune from the tuffle parasites) tried to absorb Bebi?
Bebi gets absorbed and also wins his very own cocoon! The magical properties of Buu outclass the scientific/parasitic qualities of Bebi, imo. Magic > Science.

It would be interesting to see what happens if Bebi tries to possess Buu instead.
Doctor. wrote:
What if Kaioshin never asked for the Saiyan's help?

Well, Spopovich and Yamu would have been easily taken care of by Gohan, and later killed when they returned empty-handed by Babidi. It'd probably take much, much longer for the wizard to revive Buu. Goku wouldn't be around during this period. By the time Babidi starts expanding his operations, the Z warriors would become aware and track him down themselves, perhaps through Bulma's help. Without Goku, Vegeta wouldn't feel the need to go Majin (it's implied he could have fought against it if he wanted to), and they'd (Gohan, Piccolo, and Vegeta) take down Babidi's men one at a time until they reach Dabura. One of them (Piccolo) would be turned to stone. This would prompt Gohan to get his revenge, and defeat him. Finally, they reach Babidi. Vegeta is intrigued when he learns about Buu, and his supposed strength, but remembering the trouble he caused with Cell, he would kill Babidi and eliminate the Buu cocoon. Assuming it doesn't hatch as a result, the story ends here. If it does, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Gohan are killed, and Buu goes on a murdering spree. Goten and Trunks never learn about fusion, Mr. Satan never becomes aware of or befriends Buu (Babidi is dead before he can communicate with population) and the universe is doomed.

supercat

Post by supercat » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:30 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Well, Spopovich and Yamu would have been easily taken care of by Gohan, and later killed when they returned empty-handed by Babidi. It'd probably take much, much longer for the wizard to revive Buu. Goku wouldn't be around during this period. By the time Babidi starts expanding his operations, the Z warriors would become aware and track him down themselves, perhaps through Bulma's help. Without Goku, Vegeta wouldn't feel the need to go Majin (it's implied he could have fought against it if he wanted to), and they'd (Gohan, Piccolo, and Vegeta) take down Babidi's men one at a time until they reach Dabura. One of them (Piccolo) would be turned to stone. This would prompt Gohan to get his revenge, and defeat him. Finally, they reach Babidi. Vegeta is intrigued when he learns about Buu, and his supposed strength, but remembering the trouble he caused with Cell, he would kill Babidi and eliminate the Buu cocoon. Assuming it doesn't hatch as a result, the story ends here. If it does, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Gohan are killed, and Buu goes on a murdering spree. Goten and Trunks never learn about fusion, Mr. Satan never becomes aware of or befriends Buu (Babidi is dead before he can communicate with population) and the universe is doomed.

Until Beerus wakes up and decides to obliterate the vile menace.

What if Frieza (after training) showed up during the time Super Buu was bullying everyone on the lookout?
Last edited by supercat on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:47 pm

He'd kill everyone and nobody would be able to stop him until Beerus woke up... The end. Really, I don't think anything else would work. Someone could try the Mafuba but I think Freeza would dodge it pretty easily.

What if Boo never absorbed any Kaioshin?

supercat

Post by supercat » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:00 pm

Doctor. wrote:He'd kill everyone and nobody would be able to stop him until Beerus woke up... The end. Really, I don't think anything else would work. Someone could try the Mafuba but I think Freeza would dodge it pretty easily.

What if Boo never absorbed any Kaioshin?
With the unrestrained love for destruction that Kid Buu possesses, he would have either completely eradicated the Kaioshin, or he would have destroyed their entire realm as soon as he gets consumed with boredom. From there, it would have only been a matter of time before the vile menace turns on Bibidi and begins his own rampage of chaos. Slowly but surely, all of the other powers of the universe would have violently met their end. In addition to millions of others, Frieza and his organization would likely have had the misfortune of having their names listed on the long list of Buu's victims. With the early disappearance of the Planet Trade Organization, Goku would have never been sent to Earth. After decades of destruction, the seemingly unbeatable monster would only have met his match upon the awakening of Beerus.

The only other way Buu would have met his fate is if the Planet Trade Organization somehow evaded him, Goku was sent to Earth, and events played out as they were originally meant to. Even then, the Z-Fighters would have been legitmately screwed, if Buu somehow stumbled across the Earth prior to Goku obtaining Super Saiyan 3.
Last edited by supercat on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:58 pm

supercat wrote: What if Freeza (after training) showed up during the time Super Buu was bullying everyone on the lookout?
Frieza wouldn't do anything. He simply wouldn't bother showing up. First of all, his father told him to never engage with Buu, so he'd be reluctant to enter the planet. Secondly, there's no reason for him to go there--Vegeta is dead, Goku is dead, Gohan is supposedly dead, Super Buu has eaten (or will eat) everyone else, and the inhabitants of Earth have all been obliterated. There simply is no point. He'd just fall back and focus on his army, disappointed he couldn't have his revenge.

Now, if he did bother to enter the planet before Buu kills everyone, he'd likely want to kill Goku's remaining friends in the lookout himself. Buu, however, would be annoyed and interfere, resulting in him being easily swept aside. Frieza wouldn't bother finishing him off because his business is with everyone else. As Frieza is busy killing everyone, Buu, cunning as he is, would find a way to absorb him. And that... would pretty much mean the end of the universe. Golden Buu is too much for even Beerus to handle.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:16 pm

Doctor. wrote: What if Boo never absorbed any Kaioshin?
Fat Buu was much more easier to control which made him easier to steal up. Either Kid Buu would end up killing Bibidi and everything else in the Universe or Bibidi finds away to steal him up. Years later, Babidi and Dabra show up to help release Buu out of his egg. Kid Buu ends up being awoken thanks to Goku and Vegeta fighting then Kid Buu kills everyone. No one would stop him since Kid Buu would just blow up the Earth in seconds. Goku would be knock out leaving his body to be erase forever.
She/Her

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:05 am

Golden Buu is too much for even Beerus to handle.
Why is that? Freeza is way below Beerus and Super Buu is so far below even base Godku that he'd add .0000000000001% to Freeza. Beerus definitely has the techniques and skill to avoid absorption, and the techniques and skills to completely erase his ki.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:59 am

So what if Jeice fought Vegeta instead of Recoom? Would things be the same or different?
She/Her

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:34 am

singsing wrote:
Golden Buu is too much for even Beerus to handle.
Why is that? Freeza is way below Beerus and Super Buu is so far below even base Godku that he'd add .0000000000001% to Freeza. Beerus definitely has the techniques and skill to avoid absorption, and the techniques and skills to completely erase his ki.
Well, maybe not 100% Beerus. We still don't know how strong he really is.

Golden Frieza (maxed out) alone can easily handle 70% Beerus though since SSJG Goku gave him a hard time. SSGSS Goku is greater in power than that, and Golden Frieza is even superior. Add Buu's strength and quick adaptability to any ki move and form, and you might have yourself a being that can control Frieza's power better than even he can. Just a theory though.