The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:30 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:52 pm What if Chi-Chi had gotten over her Goku infatuation and went for Krillin instead in the 23rd?
Goku doesn't get married and Raditz kills everyone.

The End.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Drepanosaurus

Post by Drepanosaurus » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:45 am

What would GT be like if Vegito stay fused?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:12 am

Drepanosaurus wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:45 am What would GT be like if Vegito stay fused?
No Pilaf wish because Goku is nowhere to be found. No Uub because Vegito would've destroyed Buuhan or Kid Buu or Super Buu, but no wishing for reincarnation.

Even if Pilaf does wish for Vegito(Goku) to be turned back into a child, Kid Vegito would gather the DBs and destroy Baby for good. No New Planet Tsufuru, so no SS4. I guess Vegito would go to Namek and regain his adult body.
If he kept training, and that's a given, he would be as strong as SS4 Goku as stated in additional material. Vegito is not that much of a ki spammer, Super 17 would not be a threat.
All the dragons, except Ih Shenron would be defeated, and probably he would have to go all out to put down Ih Shenron for good.

If Kid Vegito never regained his adult body, then Super 17 makes him retread and go back to Kaioshin kai to get his tail back, and eventually become a golden ozaru. So SS4 Vegito stomps Super 17 and destroys the 7 dragons at the same time.

If Pilaf wished for Vegito to be defused, adult Goku and Vegeta and probably Trunks go searching for the DBs, and destroy Baby without problems. And I think they all die against Super 17. The dragons are released and eventually Super 17, after beating 6 dragons and growing stronger, fights Omega Shenron.

Mr. Satan wins the TB, defeating Buu.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:07 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:30 pm
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:52 pm What if Chi-Chi had gotten over her Goku infatuation and went for Krillin instead in the 23rd?
Goku doesn't get married and Raditz kills everyone.

The End.
That's likely, but I feel like Suno would've been waiting in the wings if Goku was still an eligible bachelor.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:18 pm

Drepanosaurus wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:45 am What would GT be like if Vegito stay fused?
Uub is unlikely to exist, implying that Vegito will not be present at Kami's Lookout. Pilaf wishes to rule the world and become Emperor of Earth using the Black Star Dragon Balls. North Kaio warns everyone that they only have a year before the Earth explodes, after Vegito overthrows Pilaf from power. Everything would go as planned, and Vegito would defeat Rildo without having to resort to SSj. Before Dr. Myu and Baby could do anything, Vegito would most likely kill them both. Vegito, Pan, and Trunks return to Earth with all the Black Star Dragon Balls and live happily ever after for a year.

The Super 17 Saga would still happen because both Gero and Myu despise the Z fighters. To fight Cell, Freeza, and Buu, Vegito would travel to Hell. Buu would absorb Cell and Freeza in the hopes of gaining the upper hand. After defeating Buu, Cell, and Freeza, Vegito would be trapped in Hell. Vegito would be stuck in Hell because Piccolo never died. Vegito's only way on getting out is by having Dende asking the Nameks to wish him out or Vegito creates a dimensional riff similar how Gotenks did in the Buu saga. Vegito would probably able to defeat Super 17 by going SSj3 via power scaling and with the help of #18.

The Shadow Dragon Saga would be the same until Yi Xing Long shows up. SSj3 Vegito would put up a fight, but it won't be enough to win. Vegito's only choices to win is by using the Genki Dama or learning Mafuba. A universal Genki Dama seems more likely because he won't have time to learn it from Roshi like Goku did in Super. After defeating Yi Xing Long, they all live happy together.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Drepanosaurus

Post by Drepanosaurus » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:56 am

What if Future Trunks was in the Buu saga?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:38 pm

Drepanosaurus wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:56 am What if Future Trunks was in the Buu saga?
Probably nothing changes for the first part, the Babid ship encounter remains the same, Trunks being the weakest should still be waiting in line to fight after Dabura and Gohan fight each other.
I do see Trunks fighting with Gohan to stop Buu from hatching. Of course, they can't do much, maybe they can take out Dabura and Babidi, and Buu wakes up with no master around.
They fight Buu together, they fail, maybe Trunks unlocks SS2? even so, that's not enough. I guess maybe Shin manages to escape with them.

I don't see how could he be of any help with just his SS2 and being stranded on Kaioshin planet, only one can train with the Z sword or get their potential unlock, and that should be Gohan.
If he gets left behind on Earth, maybe he goes to Kami's lookout and tries to fight back Super Buu to no avail when he exits the ROSAT. To survive that part of the story not even SS3 is enough. Maybe he'll get absorbed making Super Buu >> Gotenks.

In that case, Gohan comes and saves the day, he should still be above Buu, so maybe Buu won't try to absorb Gotenks and just try to beat him fair and square. Eventually he'll absorb Gohan and not the kids and Piccolo.
Enma would have to send Vegeta sooner so he can fuse with Goku, otherwise Buuhan kills everybody.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:16 pm

Drepanosaurus wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:56 am What if Future Trunks was in the Buu saga?
There won't be a Buu arc if Future Trunks was around. He won't listen to Kaioshin's nonsense but he wouldn't mess around like the other Saiyans either.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:05 pm

He'd most likely train with Gohan and learn fusion from Goku at Kaioshin's Planet. Future Trunks and Gohan combining their powers would be powerful enough to eliminate Super Buu once and for all. Future Trunks would seek out Shin and Kibito to stop Babidi when he returns to his timeline. Like he did in Super, he'd kill Babidi and Dabra. Shin and Beerus would be able to stop Black and Zamasu before they could do anything because they were still alive. Beerus and Shin being dead is reason why Goku and Black arrive in Future Trunks timeline.

Meanwhile, in Goku's timeline, Goku would remain dead, and Vegeta would require additional assistance in his quest to become a Super Saiyan God. Vegeta would become SSjG after he asked Shenlong to summon Tarble. The events of ROF would most likely be the same, with Vegeta getting lucky and killing Freeza. Gohan would fight in Goku's place in the Universe 6 tournament, and the outcome would most likely be the same.

There would be no Future Trunks saga, and the Tournament of Power was unlikely to take place. The events of DBS Broly would never have happened as well if it hadn't been for Freeza. It would be harder for them to stop Moro without Goku, and they would probably lose unless Beerus steps in or if they use the Mafuba on him.
She/Her

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:57 pm

What if the natural lifespan of the members of the Human race was 150 years and would have been able to retain their youth right until they were to reach the age of 100? As once they would hit the age of 100, then the very last 50 years of life they would have left would be spent slowly, but surely, feeling how old age would have caught up with them.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:03 pm

What would GT be like if Vegito stay fused?

Bulma and chichi would be very pissed off, they would have to share the husband because I don't think any od them is willing to give up the saiyan.... love.
Goten and Trunks would train more properly
Gohan would not stop fighting

In other words, it does not sound that bad at all.

What if mirai trunks was in buu saga
Assuming he got stronger, well obviously he would have fought and maybe Vegeta would not have had to kill himself.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:29 am

What if Goku died of the heart virus on Yardrat?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:20 pm

Peach wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:29 am What if Goku died of the heart virus on Yardrat?
Freeza and King Cold would have killed everyone on Earth, and they probably would have taken over the Planet. Freeza would use the Dragon Balls on Earth to become immortal and rule over the Universe. The chances are that Gero would have been killed or would have become apart of Freeza's empire. Given his intelligence, Gero could be beneficial to them. Babidi and Dabra would try to bring back Buu, and won't have much luck. Beerus would wake up and will find the Super Saiyan God, but finds nothing.

As for Moro, he would probably go around eatting Planets and will try defeat Freeza's empire. With Freeza being immortal, he can't kill him. Freeza would find away to defeat him somehow. Zeno erases Universe 7 many years later because it has a low mortal ranking.
She/Her

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:14 pm

I imagine Trunks would try to de-escalate Majin Vegeta, only to get knocked out so Vegeta can fight Goku.

When Goku discovers that Gohan is alive, I think he would teach Gohan the fusion dance and instruct the Supreme Kai to take him back down to Earth so he can fuse with Trunks. They would curb stomp Buu before he absorbs any of the Z fighters.

Trunks would go back to the future to stop Babidi and Dabura - not allowing the Supreme Kai to die since he knows what Dabura is actually capable of. Gohan would continue his Z Sword training and visit his father in other world occasionally. Goku would be able to stay dead, putting his trust in the next generation.

An Ultimate Gohan who keeps up with his training could kill Frieza for sure. I doubt there would be any multiverse tournaments without Goku's friendship with Beerus and Whis. Zamasu wouldn't be watch the tournament and get the idea to steal Goku's body and initiate the zero mortals plan. He would suppress his contempt for humanity.

Baby Vegito.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:11 am

What if Gohan never stopped training after Buu.

So going into RoF kuririn is confident he or Buu (could be him AND Buu, but given the gap between the two I think it's either or) are enough to beat Freeza (they don't know he's in his first form.)

So give that Buu can take first form Freeza, and Gohan is muuuch stronger than Buu.

What form does Freeza needs.

Going by DBS manga standards and ignoring base Goku Vs Freeza in Rof.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:04 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:11 am What if Gohan never stopped training after Buu.

So going into RoF kuririn is confident he or Buu (could be him AND Buu, but given the gap between the two I think it's either or) are enough to beat Freeza (they don't know he's in his first form.)

So give that Buu can take first form Freeza, and Gohan is muuuch stronger than Buu.

What form does Freeza needs.

Going by DBS manga standards and ignoring base Goku Vs Freeza in Rof.
If Gohan never stopped training, he would far surpass Goku and Vegeta. Vegeta said himself in the anime and manga of the Champa saga that Gohan has the most latent potential.

I have no doubt that he would kill Frieza, defeat Black, destroy merged Zamasu's body, defeat Dyspo & Toppo, and present a moderate challenge to Jiren. He gains strength quickly and has no established power ceiling. Look at how powerful he got in 48 hours of training before the TOP.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:14 pm

What if Super happened after GT?

"GT" is too short to search for here.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:04 am

ZodiacBeast wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:14 pm What if Super happened after GT?

"GT" is too short to search for here.
Goku would be found by Beerus and Whis, in whatever realm Goku was. Goku would attempt to fight the god with his Ssj4. Loses horribly.

Beerus searches for the Ssj god. And everything goes the same. Ssjgod and blue are still very relevant. Replaces Ssj4. However, Broly uses Ssj4 and mixes it with Ssj. Resulting in a similar form.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:42 pm

What if God never cut Goku's tail? How would the 23rd TB and Saiyan arcs differ if he had access to Oozaru? I assume nothing would change about the 23rd TB besides Goku being marginally stronger but in the Saiyan arc, this would dissuade Vegeta from turning Oozaru himself.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:50 pm

Yuji wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:42 pm What if God never cut Goku's tail? How would the 23rd TB and Saiyan arcs differ if he had access to Oozaru? I assume nothing would change about the 23rd TB besides Goku being marginally stronger but in the Saiyan arc, this would dissuade Vegeta from turning Oozaru himself.
Goku being mindless versus Vegeta may put himself at a disadvantage, unless Goku not having to use energy to make the fake moon would close the gap somewhat.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.