The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:42 pm

What if Tao Pai Pai became good after becoming a cyborg?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:06 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:42 pm What if Tao Pai Pai became good after becoming a cyborg?
Perhaps he'd try to fix his relationship with Tenshinhan.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:41 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:42 pm What if Tao Pai Pai became good after becoming a cyborg?
Then we'd have some really cool exposition about Dr. Gero in the Android saga. And also, him meeting Piccolo would be sweet.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:49 pm

What if Bulma cheated on Vegeta with Goku?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:25 pm

Peach wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:49 pm What if Bulma cheated on Vegeta with Goku?
Finally, the rematch we always wanted to get. Post-BoG Vegeta should fight Goku to death, really.

Gohan probably would, shyly, go "otoosan" while staring at his shoes, Chichi would go nuts and probably faint. Krilin would not believe his eyes, 18 would not care, Yamcha would have to move to another anime, Roshi would pat him in the back and ask for pointers. Piccolo would not understand absolutely anything.

Trunks and Goten... they would probably end up fighting each other, depending on when this happened. Buu arc adultery, they sure are fighting, Trunks had a big mouth. EoZ adultery, probably not, my guess is they would try to stay away from it.

Chichi might kick him out, Gohan can support her now. Goku won't get together with Bulma, he might just let himself go and move to Beerus' planet. He might still get food from Bulma, even though he ain't moving in with her. If Vegeta cannot beat Goku, he would leave to kill him another day.

Vegeta, after killing Goku, probably would GTFO. He might forgive Bulma, after going all alpha saiyan on Goku. I don't think this would bring Vegeta back to the dark side, but he might become more of an asshole.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:42 pm

What if King Cold and Mecha Frieza trained on the way to Earth?

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:55 am

Peach wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:42 pm What if King Cold and Mecha Frieza trained on the way to Earth?
Based on RoF's logic, they would become strong enough to one shot any early SSJ1 and be a real threat to 17 & 18. They would likely conquer the world right after killing the Z Fighters.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:50 pm

Peach wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:42 pm What if King Cold and Mecha Frieza trained on the way to Earth?
Mecha Frieza cannot train. He's not an Android (artificial humanoid) but a Mecha (mechanism), so he cannot go over his mechanical limits.

ANYWAY, let's pretend - Most of the cast will be killed. But probably Vegeta will escape with Bulma and Trunks. Trunks will be trained harder to get his revenge.
Heeters plans will diverge, and Granola will come to Earth to fight Frieza sparring that misterious half Sayan. Dragon Spheres will revive the cast just after the mess.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:18 am

ChronoTwigger wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:50 pm
Mecha Frieza cannot train. He's not an Android (artificial humanoid) but a Mecha (mechanism), so he cannot go over his mechanical limits.

ANYWAY, let's pretend - Most of the cast will be killed. But probably Vegeta will escape with Bulma and Trunks. Trunks will be trained harder to get his revenge.
Heeters plans will diverge, and Granola will come to Earth to fight Frieza sparring that misterious half Sayan. Dragon Spheres will revive the cast just after the mess.
Mecha Freeza is still a mostly organic being.......

Kappa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kappa » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:43 pm

What if Cabba was the legendary super saiyan of U6 instead of Kale?

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:48 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:18 am
ChronoTwigger wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:50 pm

Mecha Freeza is still a mostly organic being.......
Is the same Cell that tell that Mecha Frieza is mostly *just* a mechanical being.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Drepanosaurus

Post by Drepanosaurus » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:24 am

What if Gohan fought first instead of Goku at the Cell Games?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:37 am

Drepanosaurus wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:24 am What if Gohan fought first instead of Goku at the Cell Games?
He would likely hold back, thinking his dad will eventually take care of Cell.

Then Goku would give Cell a senzu bean when it's his turn and Cell would brutalize him & release the Cell Jr's. And Gohan would be forced to step back in.

Not a whole lot is different honestly.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:40 am

What if instead of a Gogeta appearing in the Broly arc, Vegeta had obtained UE during the events of the movie. How would that change events from that saga and later arcs?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:10 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:40 am What if instead of a Gogeta appearing in the Broly arc, Vegeta had obtained UE during the events of the movie. How would that change events from that saga and later arcs?
Good question, Broly was before Moro, I'm not sure if a first time UE could beat Broly, it seems a blue fusion is in the ballpark of UI or UE but we don't know for sure.

I think it might just give moro more power to absorb.

If he still does his spirit training he might be able to take Moro before the angel powers. But if he skips it then he's worse off.

VS Granollah he maybe wins, he got wounded before he achieved it, if he had it right out the gate it might be different.

But if not we are back to the present.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:00 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:40 am What if instead of a Gogeta appearing in the Broly arc, Vegeta had obtained UE during the events of the movie. How would that change events from that saga and later arcs?
I think people generally hold MUI Goku and SSB Gogeta at a similar strength level, and UE Vegeta is comparable to Goku so I think Broly would get fodderized just as hard as he did assuming Vegeta can transform at will.

Afterwards I think the Moro and Granolah arcs develop the same as Moro's powers are dependent on energy absorption and the wishes in Granolah's arc are cheat codes.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:35 am

What if Raditz came to Earth after Goku killed Piccolo Daimao?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:52 pm

If Vegeta has as much control over the form as currently (which happened after months of training), he beats every version of Broly.
If, in fact, he is just breaking it in, he shits on SS Broly, and FPSS Broly might force him to drop out of it, also leaving Broly badly beaten. I see a similar scenario to what happened between Goku and Jiren, with both of them being roughed up afterwards.
After that, Goku can finish the job.

UE's speed should be enough for Moro to not be able to absorb his energy, so Moro dies in Namek. Goku and Merus never get to train, and the Granola arc starts with Vegeta sparring with Whis, and Goku trying to reactivate UI like in the ToP.
Granola after the wish would not be stronger than in the main continuity, because Vegeta, who never went to Yadrat, would be weaker than Goku's UI.
Geets being more accustomed to UE would beat the weaker Granola much faster, but then Gas would appear and without Goku's UI, he would have no match and Elecc would rule the universe.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:05 pm

Peach wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:35 am What if Raditz came to Earth after Goku killed Piccolo Daimao?
Yeah I've always wondered if he watched the daimao fight or the final tournament. or any other era really. he could snatch up a tired goku with no resistance.

Kami might try and train all 4 humans for Piccolo and ultimately they would fail probably. Perhaps piccolo uses an “I only want Goku excuse to not kill everyone. Maybe Bulma finds a way to give piccolo a pod to go chasing after him.

I guess it ends with an “and everyone was killed by the androids” ending unless gero sees him leave earth and like... Gives up or ironically protects earth out of fear the saiyans return.

Honestly this is stuff xenoverse should be doing.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Tue May 03, 2022 1:13 pm

What if Bulma and Yamcha never broke up, and Vegeta somehow ended up with someone else? How to you think this would change the course of the series?