The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: General What-If thread

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:35 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
singsing wrote:
Golden Buu is too much for even Beerus to handle.
Why is that? Freeza is way below Beerus and Super Buu is so far below even base Godku that he'd add .0000000000001% to Freeza. Beerus definitely has the techniques and skill to avoid absorption, and the techniques and skills to completely erase his ki.
Well, maybe not 100% Beerus. We still don't know how strong he really is.

Golden Freeza (maxed out) alone can easily handle 70% Beerus though since SSJG Goku gave him a hard time. SSGSS Goku is greater in power than that, and Golden Freeza is even superior. Add Buu's strength and quick adaptability to any ki move and form, and you might have yourself a being that can control Freeza's power better than even he can. Just a theory though.
Remember, however, that Gotenks de-fused inside Boo, so it's possible that Golden Freeza could revert back to regular Freeza after a while.
So what if Jeice fought Vegeta instead of Recoom? Would things be the same or different?
I think it'd be the exact same, really. I don't think the Ginyu Force members are too far apart in strength. I don't think that Recoome would run away like Jeice did, though.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:29 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Remember, however, that Gotenks de-fused inside Boo, so it's possible that Golden Freeza could revert back to regular Freeza after a while.
I was thinking about that. But the fusion time limit is a general thing out of his control. While he had them absorbed, Buu perpetually maintained his strength (I assume from SSJ3 since that was the state Gotenks was in prior to being absorbed) until the fusion faded. On the other hand, in Gotenks' battle with him, he reverted back from SSJ3 before his fusion wore out.
So what if Jeice fought Vegeta instead of Recoom? Would things be the same or different?
I'm pretty sure they're more or less the same in PL, so Jeice would beat them too. Probably not as brutally as Recoome though.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Alex9196
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alex9196 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:38 pm

what if majin vegeta didnt knocked out goku?

do you think they would have beaten boo?
or would goku have tried to convince vegeta to do fusion with him and kill him as gogeta?

Kamicciolo

Post by Kamicciolo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:57 pm

If Vegeta didn't knock him out, Goku coulda teleported them right into the fray as soon as they healed with the Senzu Bean. They'd come in roughly before Gohan is blasted away and Dabura is killed but even teamed up as SS2s they wouldn't be able to do much against Buu. Considering the idea of the kids using fusion hadn't come up at this point, Goku would end up having to use SS3 to fight Buu (probably pissing Vegeta off royally and all). From there it's just a matter of whether Goku could pull a win or not against Buu like he said he could. I also imagine the whole "using up his time on earth" mighta had the rules bent ever so much, considering the fate of the universe was in jepordy, and Kaoishin himself was right there on the battle field.

I can't see Gogeta being a viable option though given the circumstances. Goku probably wouldn't want to risk sparing the time to teach it to Vegeta and all.

Alex9196
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alex9196 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:10 pm

Kamicciolo wrote:If Vegeta didn't knock him out, Goku coulda teleported them right into the fray as soon as they healed with the Senzu Bean. They'd come in roughly before Gohan is blasted away and Dabura is killed but even teamed up as SS2s they wouldn't be able to do much against Buu. Considering the idea of the kids using fusion hadn't come up at this point, Goku would end up having to use SS3 to fight Buu (probably pissing Vegeta off royally and all). From there it's just a matter of whether Goku could pull a win or not against Buu like he said he could. I also imagine the whole "using up his time on earth" mighta had the rules bent ever so much, considering the fate of the universe was in jepordy, and Kaoishin himself was right there on the battle field.

I can't see Gogeta being a viable option though given the circumstances. Goku probably wouldn't want to risk sparing the time to teach it to Vegeta and all.

i think goku would have used instant transmission to get to buu, would save gohan and kai and would again instant transmission to kamis lookout. goku even said if gohan or vegeta where alive he could have fused with one of them. so even if vegeta turns him down which could be, gohan would have fused with him instantly. goku allready know how to do it and gohan would probably not take long to lern it. so buu and babidi destroy a few citys they fuse into gokan or whatever name you wanna pick and destroy buu. then they would have wished everyone back as normal.

thats at least my guess.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:12 pm

I think if Vegeta is still alive then Goku would have use the fusion dance with Vegeta. It would save him more time to be on Earth then wasting it on being a SSj3. Goku used SSj3 against Buu since he wanted to hold Buu off so that Trunks can get the Dragon Radar at the Capsule Corporation. Not to mention Vegeta was dead and Goku had the idea of teaching fusion to Goten and Trunks.

If Goku and Vegeta fuse into Gogeta to fight Buu then Gogeta would have killed off both Fat Buu and Babidi. I think Goku and Vegeta would have finish their fight afterwards before Goku has to leave back to Other World. Everyone would still die from Freeza a few years later since Goku would be in Other World and Vegeta would never know how to become a Super Saiyan God.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:57 am

What if Goku had daughters instead of sons?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:10 am

AvatarReiko wrote:What if Goku had daughters instead of sons?
Nothing would change. I mean, Toriyama writing for women may not be all that great, but I think Gohan as a character would have progressed in the story the same it did, regardless of gender.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:11 am

AvatarReiko wrote:What if Goku had daughters instead of sons?
Gotenks would be weird....

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:05 pm

So what if Gohan and Goku was turn into stone by Dabra instead? So how things turn out if things went out like this?

Kuririn vs. Pui Pui
Piccolo vs. Yakon
Vegeta vs. Dabra
She/Her

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:52 pm

A year later, Freeza would have been wished back and everyone would have died. No one would be strong enough to beat Freeza at the power levels there at.
Would Freeza feel the need to train for so long and unlock a new transformation if he hadn't gotten the news that Goku had managed to defeat Majin Buu, though? He seemed to be aware that Buu was something way, way beyond his current level that would require a lot of training to surpass, so if he didn't know Goku managed to surpass that level (if Buu was never released, there'd be no news of Goku beating him, after all), it's possible that he would only train a little (and maybe not even unlock his Golden form) and end up still falling short of the SSj2s as a result, despite far surpassing his original 120,000,000.
So what if Gohan and Goku was turn into stone by Dabra instead? So how things turn out if things went out like this?

Kuririn vs. Pui Pui
Piccolo vs. Yakon
Vegeta vs. Dabra
Krillin flattens Pui Pui with only a little more effort than Vegeta took. He may be briefly tripped up by the gravity since I don't think Krillin ever trained in 10x gravity, but he should be strong enough at this point to power through it once he's had a few moments to adjust, and Pui Pui's so weak that it wouldn't be enough of an advantage for him to actually win anyway. Pui Pui might manage to at least land a hit or two on Krillin while he's briefly thrown off by the gravity change, but he still loses and it's still super humiliating for him.

Piccolo should be drastically stronger than Yakon, considering that even the base Saiyans seemed to be pretty close to Yakon's level and Piccolo's closer to SSj level than he is to base-Saiyan level (as of the Cell Games, and we know that nobody got too far ahead of Cell Games Gohan so their base levels should all be around that level -- in other words, nowhere near Cell Games SSj Vegeta/Trunks or Piccolo.) Being unable to see or sense him would be annoying, but in terms of power Yakon's so badly outclassed he wouldn't be able to do diddly squat to Piccolo... so as soon as Piccolo manages to catch him and land a solid hit on him, Yakon's done.

Vegeta vs. Dabura is a little more interesting. He's not quite up to SSj2 Kid Gohan level pre-Majin, but he's stronger than Buu Saga Gohan, so he should be stronger than Dabura as well -- but how much stronger, it's hard to say. I guess the real question here is, does Dabura realize Vegeta's a good candidate for Majin-ization mid-fight and run off or does Vegeta manage to beat him before he has a chance?

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:21 pm

Doctor. wrote:He'd kill everyone and nobody would be able to stop him until Beerus woke up... The end. Really, I don't think anything else would work. Someone could try the Mafuba but I think Freeza would dodge it pretty easily.

What if Boo never absorbed any Kaioshin?
Maybe they could still survive Freeza's revenge as Freeza would accidentally tell them that he was afraid of not only of Super Saiyan, but Super Saiyan God also(as we know that he mentioned him in Dragon Ball Minus). So they would make up a plan to reach that form.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:33 pm

I think Vegeta would have kill Dabra before he can return to Babidi and have Vegeta under Babidi's spell. Vegeta would want Goku to return back to normal after being turn into stone so that he can have a proper fight before he returns back to Other World.
She/Her

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:42 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:So what if Gohan and Goku was turn into stone by Dabra instead? So how things turn out if things went out like this?

Kuririn vs. Pui Pui
Piccolo vs. Yakon
Vegeta vs. Dabra
Quite an interesting string of events this would all be.

Anyway, with the lack of information pertaining to Krillin and Pui Pui's power, I've always had a hard time trying to determine where exactly either of them would stand in terms of power. I feel Pui Pui along with the other human fighters (with the possible exclusion of Yamcha) could be sitting somewhere in the range of 200,000 - 500,000, but could also be privileged with the luxury of rocking power levels closer to 1,500,000 - 3,000,000.

Regardless of which end of the spectrum they stand, I'd say Krillin is likely the superior of the two in terms of battle power. Pui Pui honestly hasn't shown anything that ever even remotely hinted that he was half the warrior Krillin is. Even if they were somehow close in power, I'd say Krillin would leverage his superior battle prowess and come out victorious.

Yakon is one-shot material for Piccolo. The Namekian was a decent amount stronger than any of the Base Saiyans, who we know had a major advantage in power over the monster. Had it not been for the darkness, Base Goku would have utterly humiliated Yakon with the utmost ease. Although the most realistic outcome of this fight would be Piccolo simply one-shotting Yakon, for the sake of avoiding an anticlimactic outcome in stage 2, the fight could entail a few scenes of Yakon unsuccessfully trying to rush Piccolo and getting painfully countered each time. Upon the darkness settling, the Namekian would utilize his keen sense to locate and promptly destroy his opponent with a single blast.

Vegeta would completely trash Dabura after a pretty decent fight. The Saiyan prince was completely unimpressed by Gohan's performance, and would therefore fare much better if placed in the same scenario. The fight would start off with a continuous trade of blows, until the Saiyan prince uses his advantage in power to secure his victory. After gaining the upper hand, I could see Vegeta mockingly leaving himself open to attack, and then gloating over the advantage he has over Dabura's feeble power. The Saiyan prince would then make quick work of the demon king with a powerful punch to his stomach followed by a merciless Big Bang Attack.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:45 pm

What if Frieza adapted to his Golden form and could maintain its full power before coming back to Earth in F?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:01 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:What if Freeza adapted to his Golden form and could maintain its full power before coming back to Earth in F?
Goku & Vegeta would have to team-up. According to Whis, they would be strong enough to beat Freeza, and rival Beerus at full power.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

supercat

Post by supercat » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:12 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:What if Freeza adapted to his Golden form and could maintain its full power before coming back to Earth in F?
Knowing Goku and Vegeta, they would refrain from leveraging the advantage of using their combined power, and as a result would individually get destroyed.

Upon obtaining victory, Frieza sets his eyes on trashing the planet. As Bulma forces herself to get over Vegeta's death, she tries to bribe Beerus and Whis with more food. Although reluctant to get involved with mortal affairs, the hungry feline gives into his obsession for a good treat, and steps into the battlefield. Whis then chimes in about how Beerus had intended on disposing of the tyrant at one point anyway.

A terrified Frieza does his best to stay on Beerus' good side and avoid conflict, but the tyrant is unable to persuade his soon to be opponent to take another route. Beerus taunts his foe and tells him if he does not attack, he will be the one on the receiving end.

Seeing that there is no other way out of his current predicament, Frieza desperately charges towards Beerus with a fury of punches and kicks that are all casually blocked and dodged.

Beerus then counterattacks by punching Frieza straight in the face. The force behind the attack sends Frieza skidding across the floor on his back. Frieza quickly jolts back onto his feet, and screams as he clutches his face in pain. He aggressively retaliates by rapidly firing hundreds of ki blasts immediately followed by a much larger one. Looking unconcerned, Beerus stays where he's at as he gets shrouded by the smoke caused by the explosions.

Assuming he's won Frieza begins to gloat, but his false moment of glory is cut short when Beerus calls out to him from the sky. Having had enough Frieza powers up and taps into as much ki as his body can physically handle.

He then abruptly flies towards Beerus and throws an exceptionally forceful punch that is promptly blocked. Although unfazed, Beerus grits his teeth as he holds the powerful punch back with his forearm. With his fist still slammed into his opponent's forearm, Frieza sends another punch flying. Beerus simultaneously turns his other side towards Frieza, and quickly uses his other forearm to block. Without wasting a second, Frieza jumps back a few feet and immediately tries to slam into Beerus with a powerful kick. To his dismay Beerus catches his leg and powerfully throws him back towards the ground. After barely catching himself from hitting the floor, both he and Beerus fly towards each other and clash in the middle with a rapid trade off of punches and kicks with both fighters successfully blocking every hit.

The back and forth blocking portrays a close caliber of power, until Beerus promptly disappears and reappears with a surprise punch to Frieza's gut, followed by a series of more quick punches to his body and uppercuts to his jaw. Although looking quite overwhelmed and distraught by all those hits, Frieza quickly catches his stance and desperately tries to fight back with a quick swipe, but Beerus vanishes, reappears by immediately countering with surprise elbow to the side of Frieza's head.

Frieza sloppily tries to hit his foe back only to strike nothing but thin air again. Before he even has a chance to react he is caught off guard with another surprise elbow, but this time to the other side of his head. Frieza angrily turns his body towards the direction of the attack and fires a ki blast, but misses and is promptly elbowed on the back of his neck. This makes him stumble forward in pain. He then quickly swings his arm in a turning fashion, only to miss as Beerus yet again vanishes and reappears right in front of him with an immediate jab to his face, followed by a series of more jabs also aimed at his face.

The relentless jabbing continues until Beerus vanishes and reappears diagonally a few feet above the tyrant with his hands already in the position to fire a ki blast. Before Frieza can move out of the way, Beerus blasts him straight to the floor. Frieza weakly gets himself up but appears to be in excruciating pain.

Consumed by rage and covered in blood he tells Beerus that if he even had one more month to train, the tables would easily be turned. Beerus acknowledges the villain's ability to gain power at an unfathomable rate, but promptly tells him that such an opportunity will never again present itself. Frieza mockingly asks if fear is what's preventing Beerus from giving him the chance to retreat into further training. Beerus sternly retorts that he has no interest in seeing how powerful the tyrant can get, and that such desires are aspirations that only foolishly prideful Saiyans harbor. He's much more interested in spending his time feasting on the amazing food that the Earth has to offer.

Their verbal squabble is concluded with Beerus thanking Frieza for the fun fight. He then immediately follows up on his gratitude by rushing Frieza with blinding speed. Once within a few feet of his foe, Beerus swiftly extends his entire arm straight out with his fingers sharply pointed, and spears Frieza right in the center of his throat. The impact from the spearing action of Beerus' razor-edged fingers is enough to render the tyrant motionless. As he withers down lifelessly Beerus unleashes a powerful blast to guarantee his victory.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:42 pm

What if Freeza was brought back to life and train for 7 days during the 7 days wait in the Cell Games? How strong would Freeza be and would he work with Cell to kill Goku and the other Z fighters?
She/Her

supercat

Post by supercat » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:26 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Freeza was brought back to life and train for 7 days during the 7 days wait in the Cell Games? How strong would Freeza be and would he work with Cell to kill Goku and the other Z fighters?
While there hasn't been any magic formula that revealed the rate at which Frieza gains strength, I'd say a week isn't enough to reach the level of Cell. After such a short amount of time spent training, I feel putting the tyrant somewhere between the range of the androids and Grade 2 SSJ Vegeta (after training in the RoSaT once), has a lot more feasibility behind it.

As for whether or not Cell would align himself with Frieza, would also depend on how powerful Frieza becomes during those 7 days. We've seen several instances in non-cannon material where the duo has worked together quite efficiently. Therefore, as long as Frieza could prove to be of some use, I could envision the two forming some kind of alliance. Although trivial in comparison to himself, I'm sure Cell would find some value in Frieza if he actually manages to reach Grade 2 SSJ Vegeta tier. This is, however, assuming that Frieza doesn't go on another ego trip and try to usurp Cell for the sole purpose of hogging the glory or Cell's pride doesn't prevent him from accepting help from a weakling.

What if Captain Ginyu joined Goku and co, what would have happened to Jeice? How would the events against Frieza have turned out?

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:36 pm

What if Captain Ginyu joined Goku and co, what would have happened to Jeice? How would the events against Freeza have turned out?
I would assume that Jeice would have followed suit, as he seemed very interested in keeping up with Ginyu. On the other hand, that means Goku doesn't get trashed and they all die a horrible death against 3rd form Freeza.