What Character(s) haven't died in Dragonball ever?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie
Location: Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down. . .

What Character(s) haven't died in Dragonball ever?

Post by t-bone135 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:40 pm

This question has been baffling me as of late. I honestly can't think of any character in DBZ that hasn't died at least once, (excluding being revived as not counting.) So, I'm hoping to feed off everyones collective knowledge. :P Thanks in advance for imput. :)

Edit: I bet Mr. Satan is one.
Best. Slip 'n' slide. EVER!

Come read my fan-fiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~tbone135

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:53 pm

This is the anime canon, which as my point of view sees fit, GT is included as well. Pan, Goku Jr., Vegeta Jr., and possibly Dende, Mr. Popo, Karin, and Baba are the only ones not to ever die.
14 years later

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:15 pm

Dende doesn't die, nor does Mr. Satan. Popo dies though when the world blows up in the Majin Buu part, right?

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie
Location: Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down. . .

Post by t-bone135 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:32 pm

Blitzen wrote:Dende doesn't die, nor does Mr. Satan. Popo dies though when the world blows up in the Majin Buu part, right?
That's what I thought as well, which would then include Karin in there as well, and I think Mr. Satan died during GT now that I think about it. Could someone verify that pretty please? I think it would have something to do with when earth blew up during the Bebi Vegeta Saga. I could be wrong.

The Supreme Kai should be another one, I think. He didn't die in the Majin Buu arc, and also didn't play a huge role in GT either. Does anyone disagree with that? :?

Otherwise I agree so far. :D

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:50 pm

Blitzen wrote:Dende doesn't die, nor does Mr. Satan. Popo dies though when the world blows up in the Majin Buu part, right?
:P Actually, Dende is killed by Freeza.

Who hasn't died:
-Mr. Popo
-Kaioshin
-Pan
-Goku Jr.
-Vegeta Jr.
-Baba
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:52 pm

Now that I recall, Karin and Popo did die during Buu's Human Extinction and Mass-Chocolate attacks, and Dende was killed by Freeza. Forgive me for being totally retarded as to forget those instances. Mr. Satan would have obviously died of old age during the 100 year gap after the Shadow Dragons were defeated. So, the only people to never die are Pan, Goku Jr., Vegeta Jr., and maybe Baba. I'd count Kaioshin as someone who was killed since he merged with Kabito following Kabito's death, so technichly, Kabitoshin had been killed previously.
14 years later

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie

Post by t-bone135 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:27 am

So, basically, everyone except GT's new characters died at least once. :? There has to be more then that, right? RIGHT? :shock:

Man, this checklist in my head just keeps racking them off. I wonder if Toriyama killed virtually every character he's created in the series on purpose. :lol:

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:39 am

Pan and Bra never died. Mr. Popo was turned into chocolate and Karin was killed when Buu blows the earth. Dende was killed once by Freeza. Some characters died off-screen such as Lunch, Bulma's Parents, Snow and Master Roshi's Turtle when the Earth was destroyed by Kid Buu.

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie

Post by t-bone135 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:27 pm

DB_Fan wrote:Pan and Bra never died. Mr. Popo was turned into chocolate and Karin was killed when Buu blows the earth. Dende was killed once by Freeza. Some characters died off-screen such as Lunch, Bulma's Parents, Snow and Master Roshi's Turtle when the Earth was destroyed by Kid Buu.
I think we are left to believe that Bra passed on during the 100 year gap from the end of the Shadow Dragons to the episode with Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr.

Otherwise, that seems to be right on track.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:50 pm

Didn't everyone die at least once because Buu made the Earth blow up?

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:03 pm

Alright, so besides the new GT characters (and GT altogether), I'm almost positive that Baba and Mr. Satan are the only people who haven't died. Everyone else, as most other people said, died from Buu's human extinction technique.

Now, if you do include GT into this, then all of the people from DB and DBZ have now died becuse of the 100 year gap into the future for the last episode except for Pan, Vegeta Jr. and Goku Jr. (it's unsure whether Pan died in the 100 year gap because she was never shown).

It's also safe to assume that the dragonballs were never used again to bring anyone else back to life, since the earth was pretty peaceful after the Dark Dragons Saga. Thus, you can assume that everyone born after that saga never died (Goku and Vegeta Jr.'s parents, the new tournament announcer, etc.). The only way those characters could die would be if they were killed by a small time thug, or by natural causes. But we'll never know that for sure, will we :x ?!

It's all so complicated.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:46 pm

t-bone135 wrote:So, basically, everyone except GT's new characters died at least once. :? There has to be more then that, right? RIGHT? :shock:

Man, this checklist in my head just keeps racking them off. I wonder if Toriyama killed virtually every character he's created in the series on purpose. :lol:
Forgive me, but I think it's kind of nit-picky to include characters that would have died of old age. I mean, that's a little hard for people to avoid obviously. :roll: I think it should just be people that have been killed.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie

Post by t-bone135 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:24 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:
t-bone135 wrote:So, basically, everyone except GT's new characters died at least once. :? There has to be more then that, right? RIGHT? :shock:

Forgive me, but I think it's kind of nit-picky to include characters that would have died of old age. I mean, that's a little hard for people to avoid obviously. :roll: I think it should just be people that have been killed.
You've got a really good point there Jerseymilk. Thing is, 99% of the characters still fall into this catagory regardless. It seems to make very little difference to me, but I see what you mean anyway. I suppose we could always elaborate on just that, but the answer doesn't seem like it would be too much different.

WhatTheDarn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhatTheDarn » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:32 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:Now that I recall, Karin and Popo did die during Buu's Human Extinction and Mass-Chocolate attacks, and Dende was killed by Freeza. Forgive me for being totally retarded as to forget those instances. Mr. Satan would have obviously died of old age during the 100 year gap after the Shadow Dragons were defeated. So, the only people to never die are Pan, Goku Jr., Vegeta Jr., and maybe Baba. I'd count Kaioshin as someone who was killed since he merged with Kabito following Kabito's death, so technichly, Kabitoshin had been killed previously.
I don't see where you're coming from. Fusions are completely different characters. After all, when Goku fused with dead Vegeta, Vegetto wasn't half dead. I think Kibitoshin, Kaioshin, Pan, Goku, Jr., Vegeta Jr., Mr. Buu, and maybe Baba are the only characters who never died.

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie

Post by t-bone135 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:41 pm

WhatTheDarn wrote:
Conan the SSJ wrote:Now that I recall, Karin and Popo did die during Buu's Human Extinction and Mass-Chocolate attacks, and Dende was killed by Freeza. Forgive me for being totally retarded as to forget those instances. Mr. Satan would have obviously died of old age during the 100 year gap after the Shadow Dragons were defeated. So, the only people to never die are Pan, Goku Jr., Vegeta Jr., and maybe Baba. I'd count Kaioshin as someone who was killed since he merged with Kabito following Kabito's death, so technichly, Kabitoshin had been killed previously.
I don't see where you're coming from. Fusions are completely different characters. After all, when Goku fused with dead Vegeta, Vegetto wasn't half dead. I think Kibitoshin, Kaioshin, Pan, Goku, Jr., Vegeta Jr., Mr. Buu, and maybe Baba are the only characters who never died.
I don't know how to word this, but here it goes. Mr. Buu became part of Uub, and then Uub died. So, even if fusions aren't going to play a part in it, he still kicked the bucket when Uub was killed. :oops: That's the only way I could think of saying that, so I'm sorry if I sound to forward.

WhatTheDarn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhatTheDarn » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:08 am

I haven't seen much of GT. Did Mr. Buu and Uub literally fuse, I.E. become one being with the combined personalities, experiences, and fighting techniques of each fuser, or was "Majuub" just a powered-up Uub?

Plus, Enma never died.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:46 am

WhatTheDarn wrote:I haven't seen much of GT. Did Mr. Buu and Uub literally fuse, I.E. become one being with the combined personalities, experiences, and fighting techniques of each fuser, or was "Majuub" just a powered-up Uub?

Plus, Enma never died.
Mr.Buu served as a power-up to Uub. However at least part of his personality was retained, as he urged Uub to allow Mr.Satan to win the Budoukai. It's not really supposed to make sense.

And yeah, Enma and Co. from the Other World didn't die, including the other three Kaious.

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:25 am

Gohan surely? He's been assumed dead a few times. Perhaps my brains are old and addled but he's been to the Other Side but not died. Unless you count absorbtion.
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:47 am

Gohan died after the small Boo blew up Earth. >_> Then you count Future Gohan who was killed by the Artificial Humans.

Baba's notorious for being the lucky one. The moment she senses danger, that ol' hag zips on over to the other realm. :P

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:00 am

Gohan did indeed die when Kid Buu destroyed the Earth, which to me is sad because of all the Z warriors up to the Buu arc, Gohan was the only one never to die. His survival endurance was strengthened on in the Buu arc when he (barley) lived through his first battle with Buu, only to come back as the strongest single warrior of the series, so it certainly was sad in both dub and Japanese version to see his ultimate demise. I'd personally count Mirai Gohan as a separate entity from the Gohan we all know, basically because of how their personalities, power limits, and such are so differentiated. If one wants to be very nit-pickey, I guess you could count the 100 year gap after the Shadow Dragon battle as a second death of Gohan. Why oh why did our Gohan die. :cry:
Last edited by Conan the SSJ on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 years later