Power of Namekian Fusion

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alex9196
Beyond Newbie

Power of Namekian Fusion

Post by Alex9196 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:12 am

This question came to me while seeing a video about a Dragonball Multiverse story, in which basically all Namekians fused together to defeat Freeza.

Do you think all Namekians could have fused together? And if so do you think they would have been able to defeat Freeza?

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: power of namekian fusion

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:20 am

Alex9196 wrote:this question came to me while seeing a video about a dragonball multiverse story, in which basically all nameks fused together to deafet freeza.

do you think all nameks could have fused together? and if so do you think they would have been able to defeat freeza?
Maybe,,,since they were all weak exept Nail and Piccolo i can't tell if they would stand a chance against 100% Frieza...

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:34 am

The guidebooks tell us that normally, only Namekians of the same type, Dragon or Warrior, can merge together (with Piccolo and Kami presumably being the exception because of their "originally one person" connection). So no, the entire Namekian race couldn't merge together into one individual. At most, you'd get it down to one Warrior and one Dragon-type.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Alex9196
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alex9196 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:05 am

but that would still be very good right? especially since dende himself has awesome healing abilities, imagine he would have merged with a bunch of others. and when all warrior types merge i think they could have beaten freeza.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:19 am

Just like any other fusion, the Namekian fusion probably yields multipliers with varying degrees of magnitude depending on a number of different factors. Without knowing the specific algorithm, I could only assume that Piccolo and Nail obtained phenomenal results due to the combination of their warrior heritage and innate power. Perhaps physical similarity (appearance, size, etc.) is also a major variable, as this could explain why Piccolo got a greater multiplier by fusing with Nail than when he reunited with Kami. From a physical standpoint, Nail's characteristics are practically symmetrical with Piccolo's.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:48 am

Another question to ask is:
How long does a hatchling have to be around before it's able to be fused with? If it's not that long, then they could create a new generation to fuse with very frequently.